It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What scares you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

What does nuclear war signify to you? Does it bring images to mind? Do you remember someone talking about it at some time in your past? Where do you think this fear comes from?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I have a fear of death; not becoming a parent and have relations with women; suffering from pain and depression; my body giving out; and not having money, power or influence.

Care to pick one and talk about it more indepth?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I don't think I can just pick one. Thinking about one scares me. I just have this fear life would not be pleasurable and I'll suffer and end up dying. Which I fear. I want a family and I'm jealous of others. Which scares me too.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Spiders and Snakes, Crocodiles. Reptilians,

Another very archetypal fear. Care to elaborate??
Have you had past experiences with these creatures?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
What scares the hell out of me? Besides spiders...

People.

Cirque

Why do spiders scare you?

Why do you people scare you? What characteristics do they hold? Does this woman scare you?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by playernumber13

What scares me is the thought of dying. The fact that it will happen and there is nothing I can do to prevent it from happening. Hopefully it won't happen for many years but I could die next week or before I finish typing this sent...
edit on 21-7-2013 by playernumber13 because: (no reason given)

Are you frightened about the way you will die? Whether it will be painful? Or is it more the "suddenness" of dying that scares you? The uncertainty of when?

do you have dreams about dying?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
The world that we are leaving our children and their children

Care to expand on that thought? What, specifically, about the world scares you? Once you more clearly identify what in this world scares you, how does that compare to another time period such as, say, the middle ages or the days of cavemen?

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Originally posted by playernumber13

What scares me is the thought of dying. The fact that it will happen and there is nothing I can do to prevent it from happening. Hopefully it won't happen for many years but I could die next week or before I finish typing this sent...

Are you frightened about the way you will die? Whether it will be painful? Or is it more the "suddenness" of dying that scares you? The uncertainty of when?

do you have dreams about dying?

Everything about death scares me. Not so much if it will be painful, I hope I don't suffer.

Not knowing what happens when we die is what frightens me the most. I guess you could call me an athiest but I hope there is something after we die. I don't buy into the "god" thing of organized religion but we are such a special creature I find it hard to believe it all ends after we die.

Nobody really knows what happens.

I don't remember dreams of dying. Why did you ask? (curious)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Darkblade71

What does nuclear war signify to you? Does it bring images to mind? Do you remember someone talking about it at some time in your past? Where do you think this fear comes from?

It signifies death of all things.

It brings to mind a dead world in which nothing can live.

Yes, in my past it was something I was taught at about the age of 12 when the teachers in my city went on strike, and I was going to a group home, so the staff took over teaching and we were all taught about nuclear weapons and nuclear war.

I'm pretty sure that is where this fear comes from originally. The world as it stands now just serves to reinforce this fear. Which is why I live in the now, instead of thinking about the future. All the future shows me is death, and destruction of the world.

Nuclear War Dreams

edit on 21-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I think it's a mistrust of society thing. I know I can protect my grandchild, I trust my neighbors and I don't think it's an irrational fear because every day we see on the news children that have been abducted only to be found after being horribly abused and killed- usually by some seemingly innocent looking person. I'm sure such things have always happened, but we used to only hear about it rarely when my kids were young and now we here about such horrors almost daily. It tends to make me paranoid- better over protective than not protective enough.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I can relate to this fear, as it is one I share.

I am over protective of my daughter because I feel the same way you do.

I once had a dream where my son was taken from me and I spent several minutes chasing a guy through a subway who has taken him and my son kept screaming daddy help me!!!!

It is making me cry just repeating the dream it was so terrible.
I'll never forget it.

I can relate!

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't know if it's a fear as much as a great sadness to think that someday there will be no people left on earth. Due to war, disease, natural disasters, asteroids, poisoning of the earth, or finally, the sun.

It makes me sad to think that all the poetry, music, stories, art and legacy of the ages will be gone, and there will be no one to remember. And no one to remember people.

Just as bad would be the end of creatures of the earth - birds, mammals fish -- all, and plants, trees.

I guess it's okay if life goes on beyond death, so spirit remembers.

As for fears, I have irrational fears of being killed by a bear or mountain lion. It make no sense. But when I am in an area where there are bears or cats - I am very nervous.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

What scares you?
That I have used again my powers,this time ten times stronger.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

That I have used again my powers,this time ten times stronger.

what particular powers are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I'm interested in a serious discussion about what scenarios would cause you to be truly afraid. What gives you a fearful physiological response to even just THINK about it? Is it related to a past experience? Or does it simply touch some buried psychological complex that you can't explain?

I am not sure if the body can override the natural reaction to imminent danger or damage to itself. This fear would be required to produce the right chemicals such as adrenalin to perform extreme physical functions.
Aside from that type of fear, a psychological fear of spiders i have.

When i was about ten years old i was playing in a pool and decided to attach the vacuum hose to the pool water jet pipe. I sat in the pool at the other end of the hose and waited for the water to come out on my face but a giant bird eating spider the size of a pizza came flying out covering my face.

I started crying and ran around screaming like my face got bit off. The spider did not bite me or hurt me in any way but it has left a "mental scar" so deep rooted in my consciousness that the thought of a spider on me makes my hair stand up and goosebumps break out. And i have a few twitches here and there

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm scared of my sons being morphed by the way the world is into something that I don't want them to be. I want them to be respectful to all and know right from wrong.

That and spiders!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I am finding myself more and more afraid of NOT living the most fulfilling and happy life I can each and every day. I really fear that once I do find LOVE and true happiness and contentment, I may have a very short time to live to enjoy it! Crazy, huh? It is really as of today, my biggest fear-well that and a seriously BIG EARTHQUAKE!!!! But the whole idea of getting my life EXACTLY where I'd like it to be and then being diagnosed with Cancer, for some reason seriously bothers me.

Since I know you are asking these questions for a reason, I will go a. and explain that I was by mother's side a few years ago when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, and went through a 2 year battle as she fought it and on her own terms I might add.... the problem is that I have statistics and doctors now telling ME that I have a 1 in 3 chance of battling this in my own life and to be perfectly honest, it really does terrify me when I think about it.

It literally brings me to tears when my Dr. tries to talk to me about it, gets me super stressed out when I think about it etc. etc. etc. I also had a scare when I was 35, which turned out to be a really negative experience overall and gave me quite the white coat syndrome, so naturally I only go to the Doc when I absolutely have to now and have NONE of those tests we're supposed to have each year, blah blah blah.... it's quite the conundrum for me actually, especially considering the best defense is early detection

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Being trapped, and slowly burning to death.

Losing my loved ones unexpectedly, including my dog.

These top everything for me.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I have one fear from experience and one more general fear lying deep inside me.

First one is fear from being struck by lightning. I was lucky enough that lightning struck the tree about 20 meters from the point where I was standing. Oh man, just when I remember now, the sheer power of the phenomenon, loud noise, short burst of light that made me almost blind, strange odor in the air, and me shaking with thoughts Is this it? Later that day, I found myself thanking to the tree that saved my life.

Second one is fear that I have deep inside me. It manifests itself in the way when if I am about to do something that I know is wrong, that is the moment where some kind of blockade occurs (fear) telling me that after that, something terrible will happen to me, and I reckon this as a good fear, the fear that we all have inside us, like fear as subconscious, preventing us from doing bad things.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm scared of the cancer coming back and killing me. The type of cancer I have is very deadly, so its really just a matter of time.

I'm not scared for me though. I'm think of who is going to take care of my family when I am gone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join