It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the good suffer, and I succeed?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sounds like you're a sociopath.

Lets be honest: psychopathy - if you're good at hiding it - allows you to succeed in our society.

Good people suffer, while those of us with darkness inside of us flourish.

Don't confuse yourself with such questions. If you take such pride and ease with your evilness, there's nothing to think about.

You're being bad helps you succeed. That is all that should matter.

Here's another way to look at things. Why are you asking this question? It is one of life's ironies that although the good suffer, they're better at coping with their suffering, accepting it, and having faith that in some extra dimensional reality, it all has an explanation; meanwhile, the evil, the cheaters, the bullies, might ask the same question - just as you are - but an answer will not be as forthcoming. And why shouldn't that be the case? Solace is a spiritual experience granted to the meek and humble - to those of us who have at least tried to help; we have something to be proud of. When comfort comes our way, we feel we deserve it. Our consciences do not interfere. But, as you're learning, even you - your pain - poses questions which don't seem to have any satisfactory emotional answers. Why aren't you feeling better? Perhaps - just perhaps - buried deep down inside of you, you know and realize that you don't deserve to feel better.

Let this experience be instructive in your development. Or, conversely, ignore it, and drown it out with loud noises, guns, etc - whatever you do to distract yourself.

Here's another question for you. Admitting to being evil doesn't exactly inspire sympathy in your readers. I'm not a few of us are thinking: "good, let the anxiety eat you alive."

There's just something extremely unlikeable about people who cheat. Success oftentimes comes your way, but when you fall, it's only natural that the virtuous should rejoice.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I guess it depends on your interpretation and perspective on what constitutes 'success' in one's life. Surely, it is no fallacy to suggest that there is actually is no "right or wrong"; there is only the consequences of your actions. The Universe operates under this Law, and surely whatever it was that created the Universe cannot judge you for experiencing the Universe's neutral energy reacting to your decisions!

That's why the universe was invented by Us, after all. To experience. The good, the bad and the ugly - all in one giant, meaningless-yet-purposeful, epic, infinite show that never ends and yet began in a place where Time doesn't even really exist in the first place anywhere besides our 'experience' of it (an experience which is a conjured illusion of the Soul) - a show in which you're the only actor! ..well, in your own experience of it, anyway... which is really just my experience being had by you! "We" are One. Think about it. Whatever is being you is being everything, else nothing could be!).

Therefore, in my uneducated opinion, the "good" only suffer because they're 'unsuccessful' at what they're striving for in life. The bad (or "evil") seem to prosper because they're successful in the same respect. But just like the unsuccessful "good" person, I highly doubt the successful "bad" person is truly and genuinely happy. Content, maybe. Rich, probably. But not happy, and not at peace with themselves. And that's a fantastically important discrepancy to make.

The only difference between good and evil is that a "good" person sees themselves as 'succeeding' when they're healthy and happy and full of joy and love and are participating in the universe's smooth & peaceful flow of symbiotic servitude (of course there are many exceptions to this description of "good" since "good" is purely a human-invented philosophical dichotomy that God simply does not care for. All Source cares about is what you care about. Therefore, "good" is only what you decide it is to You... just like success is (or the supposed lack thereof. I tell you now, the feeling of success (and failure) is all an illusion anyway! In truth, all one needs to do to "succeed" in the eyes of the Universe is to merely exist. That's all that's expected of you by the cosmic forces you breathe). "Bad" people, on the other hand, tend to only care for and about themselves. And so what? You're me. So, for this reason, I forgive you! As does the Universe. But can you forgive yourself? Because in the end, that's all that really matters. That's the true measure of Success - at least, the only kind that truly matters in this life and the next!

Do whatever you want to my friend. You're not "evil". Selfish, maybe, but aren't all things selfish? What else is there but for self?

Personally I've outgrown my need to entertain or satisfy myself. I'm more interested in helping others find their own peace. So I would consider myself "unsuccessful" if I were to lie and cheat and steal and manipulate my way through my fleeting lifetime on this planet. What a tragic waste of human potential
but hey, it's yours to waste! It's a free gift, so you're free to do whatever you like with it. Just know that there are consequences. For EVERYTHING.

EVERYTHING. There is an equal and opposite reaction to every action. Literally. This is not debatable, opinion, or theory. This is fact. So bare that in mind! If you bring suffering unto others, then surely suffering will find its way into your soul experience in one way or another. There is no Hell besides the Hell we create for ourselves. And we all do a very good job of that by lying and cheating and stealing and abusing each other.

So be cautious! But most importantly, be true. If you feel that your decisions are the right thing for your journey on this planet, then put your most into it! Embrace your renegade anti-cooperative approach to existence and enjoy it to the fullest. But KNOW that you will reimburse the universe for the energy you vampired in one way or another whether you believe in God or Fairies or Xenu or Nothing At All.

It's not punishment. It's not judgement. It's not even education. It's simply equilateral justice. So judge your success by your regrets (more specifically the lack thereof); not by your achievements! What a grand mistake it is to judge one's success by one's ease of living. The ability to weasel one's way through this frantic energetic kaleidoscope we call Life by vampiring off the experiential energy of others does not make one "successful". It makes you a darkworker (or more simply, a dick), which is of course fine in the eyes of the All! But is it really what you wanna remember yourself for when you move on from this life? That's the only question that matters. If you can say yes to that answer, then carry on my friend!

If not... then the rest is on you, as it always has been, and as it always will be.
So make a change in your behavior. Or don't. Either way, it matters not! And that's the beauty of life. You get to decide what it's for.

In any case, I wish you the best in your life's endeavors, whether they create misery among your fellow man or create joy & happiness. Both experiences are valid, and neither of them are wrong. Keep up the good work brother. Be truly & nakedly honest to yourself at all times and you owe nothing to anyone or anything!

Please meditate on this. It's very important for you & the rest of you (aka. "us") that you do so!

edit on 21/7/2013 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
P.S.

Your mother is still alive in ways you'll surely understand one day, but her Soul is saddened that you see her final days of suffering as the "reward" for her great service to humanity. Her reward was the memory you have of her! The kind words you just spoke of her. The benevolent consequences that her actions will have in the lives of the countless trillions of souls that her gracious selflessness will touch in the lives she shared in this incarnation as well as the souls that those souls touch!

What will your beautiful daughter remember your life for? Your mistakes & "bad" deeds? Or your courage and integrity and loving nature?

You're not "full of darkness" my brother. You're full of confusion and suffering. Confusion and suffering does not have to be experienced in the throes of darkness. The burden can be lighter if you allow it to be. You don't need Jesus, the bible or a preacher. You certainly don't need me. All you need is the bravery to commit yourself to a course of action that you know you'll be proud of.

And taking responsibility for yourself and your actions and your emotions and your beliefs and habits and your thoughts (especially your thoughts!) is the most rewarding business endeavor you can sign your Soul up for. Nothing but profit comes from taking charge of your experience. You cannot change the experiences you have - but you can control & decide how they affect (and effect) you!

Forgive yourself brother. You've killed, cheated, lied and hurt others - but you care about the fact that you did. So long as you care about your influence on others, then you're acting out of a place of conscious awareness. Meaning you're not on auto-pilot. When you can say "I pulled the trigger" and not "Uncle Sam made me do it" - you've graduated into the next class in your school of enlightenment. I've never cared for religion or God myself either, but I've always cared. When you realize that in fact, that's what GOD IS, then a profound transformation happens in your thinking.

Stop beating yourself up, and start building yourself up. Because no one else can do that for you, and if you give up on the process of growing towards the Light - you're going to collapse into a foundation of darkness. And then you'll know suffering, my friend; and you'll regret.

You don't need God or religion. You need faith in yourself, and religion will strip that of you. You need to meditate on yourself and your character. Decide who you want to be - because clearly, you do not want to be the "bad" guy.

Peace! And take it easy - or don't take it at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I wonder this all the time. It pains me terribly to do so much good in the world, yet I get almost nothing in return that I want for myself. However, those who only manipulate or take from others to get what they want, seem to get every single last thing in the whole wide world that they want....

I just don't get it....How could I do so much right and get screwed over for it, while people who do the complete opposite are given their life's dreams and ambitions handed on a silver platter...

As Eminem once put it :

This # doesn't make sense B.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It is all a test to try and educate those that hurt the innocent and succeed off the backs of others.. The people who don't do good works will sometimes see the truth and change.. The next place will hold no reward for the ones that always pursue evil..

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
OP, sorry for the loss of you dear mother. By your description, your mother must have been an incredible woman. Your question about why the good suffer, and the bad succeed is a question all of us have pondered at one point or another. It is a matter of choices, and that great gift of free choice. Some choose to live righteous lives, and others choose to live wicked ones. That has nothing to do with death.

Death is a matter of suffering, and we all go through it from the prince to the pauper. The good or the bad. It was your mother's time, and your time will come all the same. Life is fleeting, and we can be here today and gone tomorrow. How we check out remains to be seen?

As for your acknowledgement of being a bad person, and feeling guilty for having a life of success? What is there to be guilty about? You have acknowledged your guilt, and judging by your description? Strides have been made to improve yourself. You take care of your family, sat at your mother's side and comforted her during the prolonged illness, and haved fessed up to any wrongdoings that have been committed. Keep it up! You will become that person you see your mother as. She will live on through you, the grandkids, and when there is talk of her memory at family gatherings. Sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I'll start with a Chomsky quote: "Anarchism does not mean bloodshed; it does not mean robbery, arson, etc...These monstrosities are, on the contrary, the characteristic features of capitalism."

You seem to be the type that flourishes in a system that rewards greed. Those driven to acquire money are usually your type. That is why you succeed.

Those driven to help their fellow brothers and sisters are your mother's type. You mother would flourish if the system we lived in put an emphasis on helping humanity, not raping it.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

[color=6699FF]wellll . . . suffering has long been a conundrum for many sages over the ages.

I've long sought intimacy with God Almighty and achieved a measure of it.

I've long suffered excruciating traumas and many long dark nights of the soul.

My conclusions are that . . . this is boot camp.

God declares that HE WILL HAVE A PEOPLE to rule and reign with Christ over evidently countless ages and worlds WHO ARE TRIED, REFINED AS GOLD 7 TIMES IN THE FURNACE.

The furnace of affliction can certainly be excruciatingly hot . . . and relentless.

Rick Joyner tells the story of a street orphan who knew God but groveled for meager scraps of food and was kind to all he met. He died young as the chorus of Heaven repeatedly asked for God to bring the priceless humble saint HOME. He took his elevated place in Heaven far above most "spiritual" leaders and so called "saints."

GOD IS INTERESTED IN

character.

[color=6699FF]as the Word asserts--that we "might bear a greater weight of Glory" throughout eternity.

And, the Word declares and reports have come back from Heavenly visitations that those who've suffered the most excruciating traumas count them as mosquito bites or less compared to the glories they now enjoy.

I'm confident that your Mother was and is eternally thankful for that last ounce of more perfected character her last sufferings afforded her.

Babies horribly brutalized and even sacrificed have reported to Heavenly visitors that they've easily forgiven their torturers and count their sufferings as nothing.

Our finite perspective is grossly flawed and inadequate from which to judge Almighty God.

Corrie ten Boom was in a Nazi concentration camp and in her elder years became literally a TRAMP FOR THE LORD.

Holy Spirit once told her to go to a train station and get a ticket to a specific destination. She had no money to do so. She was told to get in a particular line. One person before she was to appear at the window to buy her ticket, (the man before or after her) bought her ticket.

She spent the last YEAR of her very sacrificial, servant-hearted life bedridden unable to do more than move her eyelashes.

There's a lot I don't know and don't understand.

However, I do KNOW DEEP IN MY SPIRIT

THAT GOD IS ALTOGETHER GOOD and that no suffering offered up as a sacrifice TO HIM will go unrewarded. Further, that the rewards for the suffering will render the suffering as burnt chaff blown to the wind.

Suffering is merely a tool.

It makes better or bitter.

Our choice.

edit on 21/7/2013 by BO XIAN because: will be so glad when the tag problem is fixed. OK in preview but not in posting. Sigh

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The universe doesn't care about our conceptions of good and evil. They are human inventions.

You mother got cancer because she was unlucky. It had nothing to do with her qualities as a person. You have been luckier to this point. That could end at in any time in a heartbeat.

You are responsible for the things you do, to your own conscience and (if you stray beyonds the bounds of whats acceptable) to the state. Theres nothing else keeping score.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join