It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the good suffer, and I succeed?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
I want to be honest.

I'm not a good person. I've cheated, lied, been unfaithful. I've killed (for my country, but let's keep it real, I pulled the trigger).

And yet, after all of this, I'm rewarded with huge financial and business success; I have a wife I don't deserve, and a perfect, gorgeous baby girl. I've got it all.

On the flip side, my mother; the light of my life. Devoted her life to spreading the word of God; she spent years working in orphanages in the darkest reaches of the world. She gave tirelessly of herself, and not a person who met her wasn't changed in some way for the good.

What's her reward? Brain cancer. What followed was 6 of the most horrible months of my life. She spent the whole time in the hospice bed ridden, in pain, and ever so slowly lost her body, mind and spirit.

The last 24 hours she lay there gasping for breath, until she suffocated to death with me by her side.

How does this make sense? I've never really believed in a God or a higher power, and this only furthers my opinion.

Good people suffer, while those of us with darkness inside of us flourish.

I just don't get it.

I want to share a few things with you that may give you some peace as well as maybe, some light-wisdom from an old crone here, etc. take what you can use and what doesn't witness with your heart just dismiss.

First, let's talk about your Seeing your bad, her good works, etc. I live with chronic pain/some days worse than others, that limits my mobility a lot. For a few years I was in Extreme chronic pain and felt like I was in last stage of childbirth except it was never ending. When I'm not dealing with a severe compressed spine I deal with horrendous cluster migraines, and there're are times death would be preferable. On top of that, I'm stuck in a horrid situ without going into much detail. I have not had a good life. I have had or seen many beautiful things in life and have sought Gods face. I have been religious and anti religious. And I have at times walked upright, but After two years of being physically broken i would see that, though I "thought" I was good, I was Horrid. We like to make light of our Own sins while magnifying the sins of others, and sometimes we sin Because of others violating us. that's actually a bigger Problem because you see Then we find those clever "lies" to deceive ourselves, etc., and that deception can build up till one day the Veil is taken off and it's like OMG I'm a demon. And I'll tell you a little bit of wisdom, we ALL have that demon inside, some show it in what they leave behind and others it's hidden But God sees, and the Worst, is PRIDE. Religious Pride especially. No one Is Purified if they don't allow the muck and mire to be exposed. It's like, hard ground, when you farm you have to break that ground up, then remove the rocks, etc., then plow, water, fertilize With manure, plant, storms, weeds, some growth, A LOT of Failures. Many folks never get to the digging part...they all Green but they green with.....Purty weeds.

I have done some Atrocious things, I have some Very bad habits. I've overcome a "few", struggle with others, run from others, deny some, hold onto some, etc. and I Found the Older I get, the more crap I see. In myself. It's like one step forward fifty steps back, exhausting. But In that you see, I did learn Truth, took forty plus years but yea...and honestly I think it was the dark times that I saw a lot. I Do notice a lack of depth in those who Never see or who have no Conscience. They prosper yes, but they leave a wake of Destruction behind them too. Or, maybe they Don't leave a wake of harm that one can see But, they have no empathy or they are indifferent Which in itself is a Huge deception. It's still Death...an empty pretense facade. You see A lot of that in the west and ESP among the Religious or "aesthetic types".

Point is, everyone's path is different, and I can't say what is normal for everyone etc., as I just have my own experience to go by there and it's different stages, etc., for everyone I suppose. One day, well many days but one in particular I thought on this and well, it's like a Garden. Now in a garden let's say, God is planting and growing souls. Some are roses, others are daisies, violets, herbs, trees, bi-annuals, peri-annuals, etc. They All different. Some are sweet smelling, and colorful but fade out...yet they have thorns. Others are cheerful yet they fade and reseed. Some are straggly and stink but they heal. Some bear fruit, some nuts. Some just offer shade. All of them require care, some more water, some less. Some more manure, some less. They all have different pests that attract, as well as weeds that compete. They all have different insects that feed off them as well as assist them, some are eaten by animals and some are not. Some have deep roots, others shallow, etc...

But they ALL have a purpose ...Cont

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

I can tell you why good things happen to bad people: because the system is inherently built for that outcome.

Capitalism is supposed to reward ambition and hard work in the ideal, but in reality it is just as prone to corruption as any other economic model. And in this system the most ambitious people are unfortunately not the hardest working - the most ambitious people are exactly the ones who are willing to lie, cheat, steal, i.e. do whatever it takes to get to the top. That's why we live in a society ruled by elitist sociopaths basically.

As for why bad things happen to good people: I can't really offer you an explanation, other than it has at least partly to do with some of those good people being downtrodden by the bad ones mentioned above. But I can offer you a solution: follow your mother's example and be the change you want to see in the world.

Nothing will ever happen if people sit around waiting on fate, or some God who may or may not exist, to implement social justice in this world. It all starts with you. If you are in a position of good fortune and able to help those less so - then be part of the solution. You may not change the world, but you can make a difference in someone's life, and that sort of positive effect tends to only breed more positive effects.

In the end, we all die one way or another. You take nothing with you when you go, so ultimately how you lived can be much better quantified by the effects your temporary presence here on this earth had on everything else around you.

In that respect it sounds like your mother lived a wonderful life

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

continued

They all have a purpose, some stay in the Masters garden and others are transplanted to start other gardens elsewhere, etc. some are cut back and seeds stored for a later time. Eventually though they all wither, die and their seed or root cuttings or bulbs or leaf cuttings are planted at future time Or maybe they die back deep in the earth and one day that earth shatters from an asteroid or something and a little fragment flies through space and lands and boom, or is it bang, God or the Creators, etc., I like to think its God, starts the process all over again and evolution begins, etc....maybe this time the plants and garden are a bit more wiser and evolved, changed, who knows...

But point is, these life organisms all have different paths, adaptations, growth, adversaries, impurities, cleansing, and maturing. They fed in DARKNESS at first then in SUNLIGHT, darkness and even moonlight, with rain, drought, some need more Acid, some more Akaline, they have Fire, Wind and Rain. Snow, sleet, hail, storms, pests, pollination, etc. depending on Which garden they are grown in, and it seems the Creator liked diversity so there are many Different types of gardens but similar processes all the same.

Now, maybe some are put in really luxurious places and grow with not much trouble, they stand tall and proud, etc. and maybe others are put in the concrete slums where they yanked up but then you'll see a tiny bit of plant growing in a small crack somewhere in an old sidewalk. It's limp, maybe doesn't do as well, maybe it's bitter or lacking in nutrients but it's still there and we'll one day, a crying child notices it. And he pulls it and takes it with him and it reminds him that God loves him. Maybe that's All that little plant does, before it dies but you see when that little boy pulled that plant, there is always a remnant of it, either In the ground or a seed that has been wind blown elsewhere or maybe an aphid has taken it and it morphs into another creature down the future road. I didn't Know but you get the gist there...all in all though, it's ALL one big Garden.

Now, what each plant sees is between that plant and the gardener. Maybe that plant talks to the sun and maybe that plant only admires its own beauty in the eyes of bees, flies, windows. Who knows, but I suppose the Gardener sorts all that out. One thing we know for sure however, Nothing, not even in the deepest caves or oceans in the world are Not seen or felt by the Suns rays or magnetism...Nothing. The Creator was So kind that even the Roaches in the deepest of dark caves, there are mucus looking worm things that give off their own light, like Stars in the night...in the deepest caves of the world. The coach roach...the Creator cares. Same for deep oceans, creatures who give off light And color so it's not Totally dark...they may have the monster faces and sharp teeth but even Still, the Creator, Gardener thought to give light color fishes and dancing shrimp and electric light disco ball shaped creatures to brighten up the Drabbest places on this planet.

As for your Mother, Like all those drab places or the withering of each Fall season, it's a slow and not always pleasant process. that's what You saw...like the Path of Birth, Death too is a passing. But see that's just it, it's a PASSING, then there is sleep...even the Creator rests, why we have night. If we only had Day then all those night creatures and jasmine and moonflowers would Never have their chance to shine in the Garden. It's not an End of End, it's just an End to that stage into another stage...but see the Process, well it's a Struggle process, just like Birth. It's just all We can see is the external, like tree bark. We don't See the internal process of that energy spirit, that when the body or Shell (like a seed shell or casing) is done its thing, that Energy Spirit goes into the air at that last breathe, we don't See what happens there. Just like we don't see into bottom of oceans, but for centuries Who knew of the Kindness AND LIFE that thrives there? Who knew? While mankind thought it was a dark grave of monsters why all those sea creatures were having a big ole light disco party down there, even the Giants, the whales go close too but not so close that the smallest or monster like creatures are eaten all up.

Maybe those monster creatures, you know the fish that look like Freddy in Nightmare, etc., maybe at one time they were kind of mean selfish people who the Gardener says, ok you got a place for you...but even There...there is Light. And the LIFE chain starts all over...

And how many lessons to be learned starting from There!? See my Point is, so much is a matter of Perception. You know, Solomon asked for Wisedom. How he get it? By doing Everything and Prospering then realizing, as in Eccleasiastes, it was Vanity.-

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Maybe she would of not survived the transition. It is probably better she not see what will happen to the world.

As the sights to come are for the evil. Not the giving and faithful. For what ever reason.

Tho these be the end times. It is true what you say. But everyone suffers. Only the wicked have someplace Exclusive for them.

And as for the whole God thing. No, there is single one being watching you 24/7. The reference to knowing everything you have done is in full reference to when the spirit is nearby.

The spirit can look into your passed and see your guilt. That is how you cannot escape it. It has nothing to do with something watching over you constantly. You simply follow the path to the feet of your doom. That is all.

But that is not the only thing that takes life, That is simply the one who judges. People can fall down stairs, Iiness as we can see. Very tragic things. But these are transitions. And everything transitions. From one from of energy to the next. Be it spiritual or scientific. A tree will never be a tree forever. It will soon rot. Or be removed. Destroyed in a storm, or used for resources. What ever the fate of matter, even a rock will not remain a rock forever.

As bleak as life and death is, It is simply how the universe works. Its just because of our consiousness and will to have it carry on that brings on the temptations of fear. And doubt.

We need to cope with the anguish. And understand that all things were at one point One. And will return to Oneness through force or through spiritual/physical changes.

You cannot escape these transitions of matter. These transitions that make up all of reality. Within the spinning of vortexs. within the fires burning of volcanos and plasma storms.

We cannot assume that we are free of these physical chemical changes. It will come. And those that resist it or deny it will have a difficult time fighting for existance.

The curtain is falling as surely as the stars are in line. The show must go on.

edit on 19-7-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

Continued last one...

Ok Solomon, so he realizes its all vanity...why he has all these concubines and I think that's literal for Kingdoms, etc or sub kingdoms and he says he never found a righteous woman and that I think, is he never Found the perfect "fantasy" female and he had a few, etc., and he had all the finest of wines and gardens and palaces etc as well as troubles, and yet in the end he was Depressed! The Song of Solomon, has a lot of metaphors about nature, etc., and to sum it up...in the End of his time he says the Only worth was Serving the Gardener, or God, etc.

Now That's what those books speak to me, they may speak differently to others, etc., but anyway he spent his entire life as a Wise leader, an upright man, except his heart went astray with looking for women, meaning he wasn't perfect either, none of us are, we ALL have that Heel that the scorpion stings, ya Know,

IF we didn't well then we'd all be solitary perfect beings and well do you see Anything on this planet or even Space that Isn't interdependent on the life force of another thing??? There Has to be weakness or there would be no Life energy movement, or Diversity or anything except one forever white or black wall. I suppose...metaphorically speaking here but see Solomon's experience is very different from David's, so this book, be it a poetic history or ancestral sharing of wisdom through experience, etc depending on what one believes, etc., but we can see that these authors all had something they learned through Experiences, Life and Trials, as well as Flaws. We can Take and Learn from them, same with observing nature, and we can look to the sun and rain and surroundings and Grow or stay stagnate,

That's our choice, and like those plants in the garden Only the Creator/s Know what Type of soul energy plant they made You to be, etc., and obviously they gave you to your Mother and she was an influence on you..STILL IS or you wouldn't be sharing on ATS. So, her Passing through that time, as difficult as it looked and felt for her, was also a BIRTH,

Because here You are you see, contemplating the Very same thing that Solomon himself asked.

So, you see her suffering, but see that's just the Perception if that One glimpse of time...look at the Entire picture, and its Not even Over yet so Apparently your Mother and the Gardener, are not through with you yet. And like those sea creatures or those roaches in those deep caves,

If you look up,

I bet you will see those Lights shining down on you, giving you a lighted path...on your journey.

And believe me, it's not over until our last breathe and well I don't think it's all over then either...I don't Know haven't experienced that yet, but I think, while we are in the garden where we at now, we supposed to grow, change, evolve, reflect, maybe even wilt some, but we never alone. Not totally anyway...as for success and all that,

Again, perception, success you referring to us what us measured in Human system, not in Natures system. Success in Nature is never done, it's an on going cycle and job...that includes space too. I think those who Only count success in human terms, still have those seed casing on tight and eyes closed very shut...or Hearts.

Take what speaks to you, run with it, or walk. What doesn't, just leave. Just some odd ball ways of seeing from an old crone...

Peace.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

This life as we all know it is just a part of it. There is still the next life after death is where its going to matter. Evil and wickedness rules this world now, till its destruction but after that time its an eternity where the righteous flourish forever.

We all get our pains, and problems, but those who are on their path towards the truth will have more pitfalls, tribulation you may say in this life. Its to better themselves, prepare them for later cause this life is but a moment in the scope of eternity.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I have noticed the same thing. Before my accident I was very involved in helping orphans and single moms with kids, giving them bags of food and toys for Christmas while living in Wyoming. I would spend my own money, and would drive to each orphanage, and place that housed single moms with kids bringing them presents for years.

Never did this expecting anything in return, and in fact I would ask that they would not give out my name. I did it simply because I know what it is to grow up as a kid with not enough food, and even spending Christmas with no toys and all alone because both my parents had to work until 1-2 am each day to pay for the few things we had.

Back then, before the accident as an adult, I had a really good job which I loved since most of the time I had to drive through the countryside in Wyoming and Montana, without a boss watching over my shoulder, and also had to travel by plane to other states for further school training or to work in very remote areas.

Because my job paid well I was able to give back to some people in need, but what was my reward? A chronic injury that has left me in pain every day for the last 4 years. Hardly can sleep at all as the most sleep I can get is maybe 4-5 hours, and it is not uninterrupted sleep. My second girlfriend, after the accident, also left me because she couldn't get much sleep either due to any pressure on my shoulder or arm/hand waking me up in a lot of pain which also would wake her up.

Never have I cheated on any of my girlfriends or my ex-wife while we were together. Never stole, or committed any crime and the only lies I told were white lies. There are things in my military career that I cannot talk about but that is it.

Like every other man/human I do have flaws. I am very hard-headed and most of the time if I make up my mind about something it is very hard to change my mind unless I see real evidence contradicting my opinions and views. I treat people as they treat me. If someone treats me with respect I do the same, if they treat me with insults and trying to belittle me etc, I treat that person the same way. But I don't think this makes me a bad person, does it?

Heck, when my Ninjutsu Sensei from Spain, Juan Hombre Dopazo, who is a really good man, was injured in the same car accident that unfortunately killed his brother I would get to the dojo 1-2 hours before and would help him lift weights and exercise. The doctors had told him that he would never be able to walk or move his arms again. He has difficulty walking, but can use his arms and to this day he teaches Ninjutsu in Spain.

In the U.S. my father and I would help my grandmother and my disabled uncle both who unfortunately passed away a bit over a decade ago.

Every time I saw someone who needed help I would help them. Yet my reward is a debilitating injury plus two girlfriends, one after the other, who left me because they couldn't sleep due to my injury.

Yet, every day we see in the news that most people who cheat, lie constantly, and steal live a good life, they have families and live a careless life where they have everything.

Sometimes I wonder if God hates me, and yes I have come to believe there is a God although I do not belong to any particular religion.

I know that there are people who have it worse than me, but I have been as good as humanly possible, never had an affair with married women, although I had a few opportunities, never envied anyone, and my approach to life has always been to "live and let live". But man have I had really bad luck.

edit on 19-7-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You've got your idea of suffering and prospering wrong. Have you seen the smiling faces on the 'dump children' in India?

Your mum suffered for only a short period of her life and for the rest was probably happier and more at peace with herself than you will ever be.

You however have to suffer every day for the wrongs you have done.

My sincere condolences and remember its not too late to become a good person like your mum.

edit on 19/7/2013 by EasyPleaseMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is something that I have put a lot of thought into.

All of the most amazing people I know suffered the greatest, by a large margin.

I can only be philosophical about it really.. It seems to be a paradox, but I think that paradoxes only show our limitations in perspective.

In math, everything tends to balance out. The forces at play in our Universe seem to be quite specific in their behavior, and I can only think that these experiences are part of the overall equation.

In the end, I think that those great and Loving people introduce the possibility of humanity to experience greatness as a whole. But, it seems that positive attracts negative and negative attracts positive. On initial inspection, it seems that the "negative" benefits the most by not passing it on and hoarding all of the resources (both material, and in what some call the "spiritual").

However, I think that the entire "equation" leads to higher values if those resources were shared to a higher degree. Meaning, even the negative gets a stronger "charge" when it passes on the resources to the positive. Because, without the positive introducing the charge to the world in the first place, the negative would have nothing to work with.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Natural Law is brutal and cruel, just look at Nature itself. Our corrupt system just feeds off of that law. I am sorry to hear about your Mother. My Aunt was the same and she died of Breast cancer. My best friends Mother was also the same, and she died of a brain tumor as well. Two of the kindest souls I have ever known thus far in my life. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I say the devil rewards his own, and also the negative hierarchies in every area, take notice and shun or block the successes of good equal, loving people, and encourage the negative dog eat dog, selfishness, for this way they have more influence in the world.

I don't believe its just opposite, like the mirror shadow of a higher realm, for in order for free will and advancement to be real, there would need to be something interactive in the process, ie. that we could bring earth up to eutopia level or bring her down, and thus,l its not just the opposite world. Though I do think it may be that we are connected to a higher realm, just don't see it as the opposite, but some kind of testing place instead.

I think they run it deliberately as the opposite world to fill the coffers with their own wolves. To enhance their will to overpower Love and Equality in every community.

And that there are negative entities that also go about bringing rewards to the negative. That they cast spells and in part, this sorts the people and the negatives tend to the negatives one. But they also are there when they pass over so its only a short reward......So turning any train wrecks around is good.

On pause, didn't mean to post anything so negative or reinforce it, just opinions on the way things are currently run but this will change as more and more good people wake up, start doing the work they came to do, and make their inner and outer in agreement, for then they will bring in positive miracles and change, without harming or fighting. Thought is a powerful thing.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mother. Hold on to the good memories that you shared and know that she loves you still.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon
This world is designed so that evil gets its reward...

The greedy will prosper... While the needy suffer...

There are groups of donation that are in service to helping the needy.

The selfish thrive while the selfless waste away....

It is up to YOU to move an take action, otherwise, yes, you'll stale ( waste away). Remember, if someone is giving away everything and causing themselves to suffer, there is their choice. When you take care of yourself, then some of your well-being will spill over to others (happiness, laughter, even helping others sometimes).

The violent get excused... While the meek are pushed aside...

The violent also gets sent to jail.

Our world is backwards...

Backwards from what? From what you'd want it to be? There are many enjoyable and unenjoyable things here. The world is a buffet, take what you like and leave out all the rest. One man's trash is another man's treasure. One man's hate is another man's love.

edit on 19-7-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Sometimes I wonder if God hates me, and yes I have come to believe there is a God although I do not belong to any particular religion.

It's not like that ..God hating anyone......it's more like we come here to live a life and anything can happen, including paralysis, debilitating injuries, chronic condition (I have CFS and weak immune all my life since a kid) and all these other things can happen. Doesn't mean God's pissed....it just is what it is.....

Like for people who sky dive. I knew a girl who's chute didn't give and neither did her back up. She died. But that's her own fault. She packed the chutes wrong 1, and 2 got addicted to sky diving knowing the risks.

Also, an injury, chronic issue, humbles people. I've known people with the biggest douchiest egos ever get punked by injuries or disease or lose a loved one, and it humbles them and they learn wisdom, appreciation, to fight on, to have hope, to do battle with your own mind. It is the mind that says why me and God hates me and I'm screwed and can't do anything...and we battle our own minds.

You want to recover from your injury? Do Tai Chi everyday, ligament support formulas, herbs that contain silica, breath into your injury visualizing energy with healing white light visuals, Lipo C......just w/ what I mentioned there, I've seen a family friend come back FROM LUNG CANCER!!!!! So now imagine what you have compared to a guy who had lung cancer and got a second chance.

I know that there are people who have it worse than me, but I have been as good as humanly possible, never had an affair with married women, although I had a few opportunities, never envied anyone, and my approach to life has always been to "live and let live". But man have I had really bad luck.

Bad luck comes and goes. It's mysterious, but you can shake it. there are various ways. I dare you to try what's in this book and see what happens to your life.......(I did not write it) just was recommended to me, I tried it, won some money, got a killer gig, can take time off whenever I want, travel, making dreams come true. It's called: "White Fat Cow: How to Change Your Life, Fortune and Destiny Through Merit and Meditation"

One more thing. I've been through the pits of hell in my life, rock bottom, lost it all, was ready to slice my wrists, have faced death due to bad health, hospitals, broke, homeless once, rock mutha-effin bottom, and it's made me who I am. I'm now unmovable, seen it all, been to hell and back, no fear, would take a bullet for a stranger, the tiniest things like waking up to have another day here are the highlights of my days. I'm now a deep, weathered, battled, strong, established individual in this world and it took the worst of the worst to chisel me into a piece of art ....though the chiseling continues and I'm nowhere near done. Close, but not yet

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
You did horrible things - you watched your mother die. They should cancel eachother out?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Well DAMN!!! Thanks for sharing because MY motto has always been, "Do not grow weary in Well Doing"... because MY LIFE SUCKS!!!! I've ALWAYS been honest to a fault, helped EVERYONE that I come in contact with and have a HEART that would take in every single Child I come in contact with, yet....I have the very worst luck EVER!!!! In fact, I seem to encounter every piece of Sh*!t on the face of the earth, and somehow or another they ALWAYS take advantage of me, run me down and change my life for the worse!!!!!

It's ALWAYS been my mentality that this was my lot in life and it was because I was a GOOD person doing good things, and being so completely honest and TRUE!!!! BULLCRAP, from what you have said, right?????? You are absolutely the very FIRST person I've ever heard from that has said, I do not deserve all that has come my way, and don't understand why?

You have totally blown my mind, and now I am seriously re-thinking so many things....honestly... well of course I'd be HONESTLY saying this because I do EVERYTHING so damn perfect and right
and get screwed constantly

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
You flourish here, in the world ruled by the devil, but maybe this is not "what its all about". Maybe there is not a god in the sense most think of it, but maybe there is still an afterlife and maybe a punishment or reward... But maybe You are the one who will give yourself that reward or punishment. Maybe you will hate yourself and wish to reincarnate into a horrible life or something. There are tons of possibilities, so, don't hold your breath quite yet, it your life here on earth is not even over, maybe not even close. A lot can happen in a short time. But its not too late to clean up your act buddy

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
In all my years I have seen this to be true. This world rewards the wicked. That's why good-hearted people have to pretend there's some payoff after death to get through their life. I've lived an honest life and it's nothing but hardships and endless betrayed by people like you. You have a great life and mine will always be awful, full of sickness, misery and loss. I believed differently for most of my life but since there's not much time left on my timeline it's clear it will always be this way. The more rotten you are the more you flourish here.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I can't speak for anyone else, but things like this are also why I have little faith in anything. The only thing I have faith in is human compassion which, as your mother's life and deeds showed, can make a positive impact on others' lives as you said she did. I don't know if it means anything. I don't know if there's an afterlife or a "reward." But I do know that in the here and now it makes a difference. And since we all shall perish and many if not all of us shall suffer in the process, I figure we may as well do our best to do so while we're still here. What have we got to lose except time in a potentially meaningless existence anyway?

As for what you have done... there is a place in my heart for everyone, regardless of what they've done.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Everyone dies. Suffering is for a higher purpose. Everyone must be born again (John 3). If you look at this from a standpoint of natural law, the law is blind.

A person smokes and suffers a debt. Going to the gym produces more health from suffering exercise. In either case, you suffer. Smoking adds a debt of suffering. Suffering exercise adds a surplus of life. What is the common factor here? Suffering. The mistake you will make is to compare this between yourself and mother and assign the wrong factor as cause.

God did not make your mother suffer. Natural law allows nature to take its course. In the end, you will suffer death as well. Brain cancer is simply the version of death suffered by your mother, yet the cause can likely be traced to something obvious from an environmental factor that has nothing to do with either you or your mother.

Let's take a look at your life. You think you are a bad person, yet you love your family. The one marker of selflessness in this world is raising a family. Why is it so important to be a good father and mother? If it is true you are born again into a new life as the Bible says, then you are raising your future parents. You are your own Grandpa in a sense. Baptism is our immersion into life for one reason. What is that reason? To turn from our inner demons. Rising to new life from being involved into a human body is something that is not connected directly to death and life in the sense of the soul.

Get the fact straight and you will be humbled by the suffering that we will all do. Your family is in good shape right now because you work toward reward. You are going to the gym instead of smoking it away on yourself. Selflessness is likely the marker of your mother raising her family. Selfishness is the family walking away from the truth she was proclaiming. You are the beast wearing the skin of an animal for one reason. Walking away from the animal to become the thing you are outside the body is the point of life. We were cast out of a Garden so we can return a new creation from the experience.

Are you a human having a spiritual experience? NO. You are a spiritual being reclaiming your spiritual nature by having a human experience. Suffering kills the body, but the soul gains the reward from the experience. There is only one reason to see suffering in this life and it is provided for you and not done to you.

Poe

V. All things are either good or bad by comparison. A sufficient analysis will show that pleasure in all cases, is but the contrast of pain. Positive pleasure is a mere idea. To be happy at any one point we must have suffered at the same. Never to suffer would have been never to have been blessed. But it has been shown that, in the inorganic life, pain cannot be; thus the necessity for the organic. The pain of the primitive life of Earth, is the sole basis of the bliss of the ultimate life in Heaven.

When we are ready, and not before, we become something more than children of God being raised in the wilderness of life.

1 Corinthians 13

11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Your mother knew this Faith, Hope and Love. You will too. Life shows you in the faces of those you love. When you learn to see God's purpose in the lives you are raising, you have raised yourself as well. Isn't this what baptism represents?

Take a look at my threads.

edit on 20-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join