It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when someone gets possessed?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

First, I’m convinced Christianity is true, so angels and demons being real is a system-dependent belief.

Ok then

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What happens when someone gets possessed?
Well, Its not so bad really,.when My hot girlfriend
has a "Hold" of me and says "I own you" I am totally ok with it.
I am just overcome with joy
edit on 20-7-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well, My BIL and I were at Mansfield prison last weekend and we were in a cell in the solitary confinement area and we had a lot of activity (here's a link to the youtube video).

I can tell you that when the video went blue, I felt disoriented, nauseous and light headed. I don't know if I was possessed. But those circumstances seem to be legit for it.

edit on 20-7-2013 by ArcAngel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Spiritual possession can only take place if the victim agrees to it. Sounds weird, but it's true. These dark entities usually resort to trickery and deception to gain this permission.

Can you possibly elaborate on this?

Not actually disputing it, I'm just curious about your source.

Reason for asking is that some of my studies clash with this somewhat.

With the amount of evil quotes in the Bible, I have long suspected that religion is the dark one's "plan B".

I am 100% convinced that religion actually IS part of the dark one's "plan".

The fact that the vast majority of people do not believe the Bible illustrates the reality of just how successful that plan has been.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

You should read the books of Allan Kardec.
Specifically his books on spirits and mediumship. It may shed some light on why you feel like you are not of this world.
He also wrote a book explaining Jesus path and purpose .

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I am not sure exactly what you mean by an area exorcism but I found an article years ago that mentioned underground resevoirs somehow acting as some type of soul trap or soul magnet, especially if the resevoir contained stagnant water. I have found two areas that I have felt uneasy around that I suspect may have trapped water. One is near a river and the other near a stream. Trapped water may account for "haunted" areas with reoccuring activity or areas that are hard to clean.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LuFri

Interesting, they used to believe evil could not cross flowing water.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Transitional Energy Flux. Body could be taken over or be given memories from latent energy.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I believe lower case spirits ,ie spirits of average humans ,can't pass over water without "assistance".
I have a "buddy" in Japan ,that only seems to be able to access me,when I am in Japan ,and I've heard an odd story about a 911 casualty who asked a psychic friend of mine ,to allow him to attach himself to her ,as she boarded a plane to London .
He was a UK native ,and no one could see him. She's very psychic ,so he approached her ,and she allowed him to board the plane with her,so he could fly home .

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LuFri

Did I say area of exorcism ? Hmmm,was it an autospell glitch . Where did I say this ...which post .
Sorry ,I'm exhausted from moving furniture today ,so I'm a bit bleary eyed

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am going to give you my account of being attacked, and then the attempt to take me over and what I saw, just so I can give you an eye witness / victim account of an attempted "possession". This has only happened once, and not since, but next time, if it does I will be much more ready for it.

This is taken from Sled's paranormal thread dated 5/20/2012

My account of being attacked by something

I was sitting here at the computer and I thought my nose was running so I wiped, and when I looked down, I realized it was blood.
I used to have a blood phobia of sorts, I never understood it, but when I would see my own blood, I would faint. I don't know why, part of my anxiety disorder I guess, anyways, that went away several years ago...

So I look down and see the blood, and grab something to stop myself from bleeding, go into the bathroom, look in the mirror, came back out and got light headed...like I was going to pass out. I went to the couch, sat down, could feel the blood drain from my head to my feet, got all cold and clammy, and passed out. I looked at the clock right as I was going under, it was 9:04 pm.

Next thing I know, I am on my knees on the floor repeating over and over "calm down"... But when I became conscious, it was like I was in a tunnel, and then my mind snapped back into "reality" so to speak, as I became aware I had just passed out and remembered what had happened, and opened my eyes and everything was dark.
Here is what really makes me wonder... As soon as I realized I was out and coming to, I started to hear this wicked ringing and banging in my head, Almost like jet engines and a high pitch ring. My vision started to come back and it was like spinning pentagrams in both eyes, I mean I SAW them shooting out into my vision and onto the floor, like my brain was trying to track where it was and each eye was in a tunnel of pentagrams or red star symbols, almost blood red, or brown. As I looked around on the floor saying calm down, the tunnels of vision started to move with me.

When I looked farther ahead on the floor, the tunnels would bend as my brain tried to figure out what I was looking at. It was like looking through two slinkies, only they were dark red and had points like a pentagram,very hard to explain. If I was on drugs I could see that happening, but I'm not, so I dunno wtf that was. Part of me thinks I died, and came back, and part of me thinks it was just "one of those things" and part of me goes WHOA....what was that?!!? It was like nothing I have experienced before.

My nose stopped bleeding after that, I think I just passed out, but the strange part was coming back to consciousness. I have been hit so hard in the head before that it knocked me into a dream, this almost felt like that. I know I was dreaming as I passed out, but what it was I don't remember, and coming to, well, as I described it, I have no idea what it was. I have visions sometimes of the other side, and strange beings, thid seemed to fit right into that, only like I was a strange being....weird huh? I have no clue what that was lol

Oh and when I came to, it was 9:06, and the weird vision thing went until 9:11.

It took me a while to figure out what happened, and the only thing I can come to the conclusion of was an attack from some kind of "demon" or something that wanted to take over my body.

I remember now what I was dreaming, which was I was a wolf like creature, only my skin was wrinklled and matted and I was running with other creatures that looked much the same, like a pack of deformed wolves, and they were telling me I was one of them. When I came to, I was pushing whatever it was out of my conscious, it was almost like a battle for my mind.

Damn strange, and it was my first attack. I have heard of it happening, but doubted it until I experienced it for myself.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: Fiixed link after several tries...hmmmmmmmmm

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ok, interesting symbolism, At the age of 3 a weird experience in which I was taken over in the back of my mothers mini car (1973) she was going to see her, suddenly I felt a rush of memory's and new the place my mother was driving through (not some of us are more sensitive to this than others) a town in Merseyside England called huyton and I was standing up on the back seat (there were no seat belts those days in the back and I was hard to control) looking out at the town when I began insisting I was someone called john and had a raft of memory's about being an old man with a cane tatty tween pants and jacket that were moth eaten and shows that had hols in them with a matching cloth cap and a shirt under the jacket, I remembered being a small man and saying good morning and people saying good morning john to me, I started telling my mother whom was hearing this come from a 2 and a half year old child that I was john and I lived there. my house was around the corner and as we came to a junction telling here were my pub was and the shop before we saw them, after leaving Huyton it was like I could not retain the memory that I believe was not mine but an imprint that can be picked up by a child or unformed soul with a similar or compatible energy and ever since I have gotten sick when traveling by car. My mother says her hair stood on end and she was scared by the episode.
In 1974 I was playing in the back garden of our council house when I felt a presence like static electricity but not nice and a hissing old man's voice whispered in my ear "Poor, Poor Paul, I feel so, so very sorry for you, you are going to have such a terrible sad life, I'll tell you what give me your soul and I will give you a wonderful, wonderful life, My name is satan",. I remember screaming "No" and running in but like many things I soon forgot about it until I encountered the same entity in 1993, I have been at personal war with these things ever since and feel sorry for those weaker than me, one calling itself Asteroth claimed it had put it's book into me and for a time I had dreams of being weak and overcome so at some point in my dreams I went feral and would run on my hands attacking the beings whom I saw as evil biting them like a rabid thing, this morphing continued until I would dream I was some kind of angry priest in one dream and in another I was a black skinned lizard man with terrible strength whose legs bent the wrong way and whose hands had talon like fingers and I would stalk and ambush the evil, thankfully my dreams have been more normal for several years but though the dreams may have been twisted dreams the other episodes were very real and I have no doubt of there reality but I can call myself by any name so whom were these beings really.
I found my faith in Christianity and especially a daily recital of both the lords prayer, psalm 23, psalm 70 and psalm 91 from the King James bible have helped me through the worst of it, I truly believe in god though I have lost a lot of love for him due to the pain I have felt through this and it has taken me away from him yet I know that is what they want so will not abandon my faith in him.
One of the weirdest and most distressing occurrences (I actually don't like to talk about this but here you go) I ever had was when I was 14 in 1984 I was fast asleep and like you sometimes do I came slowly awake and forced myself awake only to find I was flying unable to control were I was being taken, below me though it was night I could see a jungle like south America though I am not certain and below me was a collection of hut's in a clearing made of rough hewn log's on a muddy ground, I found myself being forced down and resisted but whoever was taking me there was too strong so I helplessly found myself being driven through the roof of a the largest ramshackle structure and insider was a rough decked area and tables with chairs on a soil floor with a few men sitting around, On the stage was a young girl about 9 native with long black hair in a homespun poncho tied around her waist and a repeating square wave pattern like Greek style wave's at the border near her knee's, I found myself flying into the crown of her head and felt immediately giddy and drunk , I was not in control, then I found myself dancing child like on the stage and someone amongst the sweaty Spanish and European looking men saying something and I lay on my back and lifted the front of the poncho up with my hands, a really fat man with a balding head and round face came over and undid hid pant's and more than twice the size of this girl dropped on her, I felt intense and horrible pain like being electrocuted and cut there and screamed, it was then I managed to take over the person I did not choose to be in, and I somehow lifted this large man with here hands and screamed in English "No", I remember the look of absolute shock on his face and snapped back to my own body. This has affected my entire life scarred me.

edit on 23-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yikes!

Glad mine wasn't as spanned out over time like yours was.

I have had a few encounters over the years that I believe to be "evil" in nature, but not quite like yours.

When I was a teenager and dabbling in magic I had an OBE where I was praying to God and suddenly realized I was being heard and then found myself floating above my body. A dark purple scale covered hand with dark fingernails suddenly shot out of the couch I was sleeping on (I was watching this happen from above) and a really demonic voice said "I Don't think so, you are MINE!!" and it poked me hard in the side and I slammed back into my body.

And this last year I encountered something that did identify itself as a demon of some sort that had control over some forms of "mental illness" or at least that is what it informed me of. Kind of like that was it's job, to cause murder and death with schizophrenics who go over the edge, for lack of a better explanation.

As crazy as this stuff sounds, there are some really messed up things out there.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I never dabbled but my sister whom was a teenager with her friend were playing with a Ouija board in the garden shed and something bad enough to scare them both into running our screaming and breaking the glass happened, actually I think my sister may be possessed as Jeanette has a very nasty wicked streak still she is a mother with her children and a business so it has not totally destroyed her life, then again I want my sister not some body stealing freak.
My mother is sensitive and so is another sister Christine so it runs in the family, My mother though there is no gypsy we know of used to have jealous girls shouting you gypsy looking thing when she was a teenager growing up in Liverpool and she has had a fair number of encounters of the otherworldly sort.
I could actually feel my emotions under the control of something else and fought for my life so maybe that is why.
There is far more than I could put here but I will say I would never want to see somebody else suffer this and wonder how many victims ended up in mental asylums through the year's attacked from within and without.
Remember some of them are not possessors but cause distress to feed on negative energy live evil or vile vortex vampires they are little more than leeches in the long run.
edit on 23-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Yeah, I am familiar with energy leeches somewhat.

It is something you kind of open yourself up to when you are open to the spirit realm.
That is why protection is so important, these things can feed off of people and make them sick.
The one I encountered scared the daylights out of me,told me I was going to die.
It did show me some invaluable information though just through knowing it existed and I'm still here.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

"I've personally been involved in about a half a dozen non catholic exorcisms .
Not all were of people,but of places. "

Post at the bottom of page 2.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LuFri

Ahh... Well sometimes places ,houses,are possessed. More or less haunted by something a bit more nasty than an average ghost .
You banish them from the space,and do things so they cannot return .
A possessed home,can lead to a possessed person ,So best to get rid of the influence before it endangers anyone in that manner.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There's demonic possession and demonic oppression... most people don't know this:

LINK www.eternaldestiny.com...

◦Demonic oppression: mild to severe harassment by one or more evil spirits as a result of the opening of some of the gateways to satanic influence.

◦Demonic possession: The condition in which one or more evil spirits actually inhabit the body of a person, taking control of it at will and expressing his (or their) evil personality through the faculties of that human body.

Symptoms of Oppression:

1.abnormal, irrational fear
2.abnormal, irrational anxiety
3.abnormal, irrational loneliness
4.lack of self control
5.conflicts with authority figures
6.aimlessness; the feeling that life is void of any meaning or purpose
7.depression that is not physiologically induced.
8.outburst of hatred
9.violent behavior
10.loss of the fear of God
11.selfish ambition (appetite for power)
12.irrationality, inability to detect or correct contradictions or other fallacious reasoning

Symptoms of Possession:

1.intense, maniacal delight in wielding power
2.filthy, uncontrolled swearing without provocation, even toward total strangers*
3.total incapability of submitting to anyone or anything but demonic authority
4.irrevernt, vile, lewd comments about members of the Godhead; comments attributing gross sexual immorality to Jesus*
5.sustained supernatural strength or intelligence beyond that which might come from adrenaline or some other physiological source*
6.irrationality to the degree that even the simplest spiritual truths are beyond comprehension
7.intense, highly disturbed reaction to the mentions of Jesus' blood shed on the cross for man's sin and Jesus' name
8.possession of supernatural, occultic powers (ability to foretell future events, to levitate tables or other objects, or to travel outside the body (astral projection)
9.wild, unnatural facial contortions (no not like Jim Carrey)
10.presence of two or more distinguishable, coherent personalities, personalities capable of expressing themselves simultaneously (may include emergence of strange voices, dual or multiple voices and/or unnatural conversations)*
11.unexplainable,, uncontrollable terror especially in the presence of Christians whose faith is strong* (this terror arises either from the demon's fear of being cast out or from the possessed person's fear upon being cruelly threatened by the demon(s)).
12.extreme violent, reckless behavior (throwing knives, playing with poisonous snakes, etc.)**
13.severe, persistent depression, despondency and/or temptations to commit suicide**
14.total lack of self-restraint, especially in sexual behavior; uncontrolled sexual advances
15.extreme disregard for physical appearance and/or physical well-being**
16.intense loneliness, even in the midst of warm, compassionate fellowship

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
In a nutshell, two objects cannot exist in the same spot, no matter what science says this does not go for the self or the "I". Once a place is occupied by a self and another self wants to take that place the other has to move.

In full possession, the original I is detached from the body and in a fake afterlife put in a simulation of a kind where everything is exactly the same as on Earth but with a limited battery. All of the stimuli from Earth or the physical body is rerouted to the spirit slowly so the original self doesn't notice until it is too late and most of the senses or one's will or power has been transferred. It's like being in a room with another who slowly becomes more powerful while you become less powerful but since the other doesn't show his or her power there is no way of knowing. To others a person might appear more powerful but that is because there are 2 spirits, or 1,5 or at least more than 1 so 1 on 1 the other always loses and the possesed might believe they become more powerful after 'defeating' an opponent, this power then goes to the spirit eventually.

Just when such a person finds out his or her predicament is when the battery starts to run out and they usually do not have enough juice to make it back home when they realize it all and fall in an eternal sleep while the spirit has an eternal extra battery.

And even when they do make it home, they find themselves locked out of their own home occupied by a spirit which appears to be more powerful and each time such a person tries to retake the house they fail so their lack of power is reinforced and despair and other things.

Eventually they give up and become nomads believing only the living have something real and try to do the same to another if they are not found by benevolent spirits, which might all go by totally unnoticed as such possessions usually take many years completely changing a person. But at the same time because of the powers that be nobody is really ever completely possessed and if it would happen, the spirit world would sooner start a world war because if one person can do that such a person would become too powerful and become a threat and endanger all of humanity.
edit on 26/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hundredreas0ns

From the books I have read and movies I have seen, apparently the demon kicks the persons soul out of their body and enters their body soulless. I say this because in the movies and books I have read when the person comes to they have no idea what has happened to them, it's sort of like sleeping. Of course I am just getting this from stuff I have seen in movies and what not.

To be really possessed is to have a specific ego or egos totally take over your persona and control you this way. I don't believe you get ugly and turn into a demon, but many people in history have been possessed in my opinion, and they looked normal. I believe anyone can be possessed but as long as they have control over themselves possession is not an issue. This could happen with jealousy, greed, anger, anxiety, fear, and so on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join