It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when someone gets possessed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hundredreas0ns

A demon is the spirit if a hybrid fallen angel and a human, the ones God killed in the Genesis 6 flood event after they nearly destroyed the human race. Noah was spared because his DNA was pure human. The Savior had to come from a pure human lineage.

When a demon attacks a person, it is an attempt to take over that person's body, for the sake of performing all sorts of perversions and it will eventually kill the person if it is not excorcised. They hate humans and they want to be alive. The reason they can possess a nonbeliever is because an unbeliever's spirit is dead and there is no spirit in there to keep them out. A person who is saved through Jesus Christ cannot be possessed because the Holy Spirit is with them, and he will not open the door to his temple (Christ's believer's bodies) to foul spirits. A believer can still be attacked but it can't take us over and we have authority over them.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is there really any physical evidence that angels and demons exist??
I know nothing about it but my opinion alone is it's down to a mental health issue, well possibly anyway.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The possessing entity will like a computer hacker attempt to get control of the operating system which in this case is the mind or Soul, the form of attack can take sensory, emotional, subconscious suggestion but those that try the blunt force (which can result in the victim manifesting physical traits or even the appearance of the entity) take over are thankfully more rare.
Physical sensation is also sometimes experienced but if you wish to view this then I believe the bible is a very good and concise source of information.
Basically the possessor tries to cannibalise the host and replace it or ride it like a broken in horse that is has bound to it's will. In other words they are slavers.

I agree that they are fallen evil spirits and that the holy ghost can keep them out and yes they will destroy the host eventually, they often feed on the suffering they cause.
edit on 18-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ive often wondered why possessions and exorcisms aren't videotaped. With more people claiming to be agnostic/atheists, one would think a simple video would have them jump back on the wagon. Priests claim levitation, demonic voices, and other things seen in movies, actually do happen, yet no true videos exist. Yea, there are some supposed possessions on YouTube, but I am talking about a sanctioned event. It seems like it would be pretty easy to do, and if were true, would convert TONS to Christianity and would be one of the most important videos of all time.

We have the Pope promising less time in purgatory if you follow him in Twitter, yet nothing on the videotaped exorcism front.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueworld
Is there really any physical evidence that angels and demons exist??

Is there any physical evidence that they do NOT exist??

J.P. Moreland's supernatural experiences:

“I don’t believe they exist,” he tells me. “I know they exist—and there are two reasons. First, I’m convinced Christianity is true, so angels and demons being real is a system-dependent belief. Second, there are just too many credible, intelligent people who’ve had encounters with angels and demons to dismiss it. … I myself had an encounter with three angels.” ~ J.P. Moreland

Evidence and Testimonies of Demonic and Angelic Encounters

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Yes the complete lack of any physical evidence for one.
Sorry but people telling us they have met or seen demons does not equate to proof.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Well, I used to think that anyone believing that stuff was born a few centuries late and a few billion brain cells short... now that I've seen a few things I'm not totally sure anymore.

I worked with mental patients and most all I thought were just shy a chemical or three... but there were a couple that creeped me out and had odd things happen around them.

But the real occurrence that had me thinking hard about it was a very close friend who stayed in a cheap rental house and soon started experiencing paranormal things. He also started to chronically smoke a drug known to be destructive and addictive and completely at odds with who he was.

Six months later he moved out and just stopped smoking that drug. Cold turkey and we all wondered how he did it. He was bewildered and couldn't really answer. He said he just didn't want to anymore and really didn't even think about it. It was physically and psychologically impossible, but he did it... literally overnight.

It turns out that house belonged to a guy who had killed himself in it because he was hopelessly addicted to that very same drug. The guy who had the experience had no idea.

This was so very odd that it made me think there is something to "possession." I still can't totally believe the whole good and evil thing, as it's so limited in scope and perspective and I'd hope the universe was more complex than black and white.

But as far as disincarnate spirits influencing us meat sacks... I'd have to say a firm "maybe."

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow, that's an interesting one. I hear you about the whole good and evil thing, I think it has a broader spectrum than we are made to believe, I have no idea what exists outside of our physical reality, but I'm sure it is probably quite mind blowing.

reply to post by Baddogma

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hundredreas0ns
Hi everyone, I have long had an interest in the paranormal, and earlier while watching an episode of the haunted, it showed video footage of one of the investigators getting possessed, and I haven't been able to stop thinking, what happens when someone gets possessed, I mean, like on a non physical level, what is going on ? Is an entity attacking the persons energy field/aura? And what we see in the physical is the result of that ? Does anyone here know exactly what is taking place ? And what makes it possible for some people to resist these attacks and exercise such entities ? I'm a very visual person and I guess I keep trying to imagine what such an event would look like or be like on a non physical level.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Steve.

Hi Steve...I don't really have an answer to your question,but I can tell you what I believe,based on some stories and personal experiences(and with this reply,I made my first post on ATS,btw...I just joined today...but I've been reading posts for about 4 years,so I say "hello" to everyone.And sorry for my bad english).
Let me start with something a close friend on mine told me. His sister is a nun on a monastary here in Romania where priests use to exorcise possessed people. On one occasion,he went there to visit his sister...and while he was walking in the monastary yard he heard someone screaming...and he became curious,so he went to see what is happening.He entered a room where a young girl was tied down to a chair and two priests in front of her reading something in latin.When she saw him approaching,she stopped screaming and fixed him with a terrifying look,and she called him by his name,and told him this:"Ionut,tu stii de ce sora ta a devenit calugarita?Pentru ca sotul ei a inselat-o si pentru ca nu suporta pe nimeni din familia voastra!De ce te gandesti la Simona,cand ea abia asteapta sa scape de tine?"
Translation:"Ionut,do you know why your sister became a nun?Because her husband cheated on her and she also hates everyone in your family!Why are you thinking of Simona when she is thinking of getting rid of you?"
After hearing this a priest walked him out and told him he wasn't allowed in that part of the monastary.
Simona was his girlfriend...and the possessed was right,she broke up with him after a few days.
My question is this...if these people have an affection,and it's not a demon involved...how could that girl know his name,his girlfriend's name,and his sister's reasons for being a nun,and also that he would be single after a few days?
I believe that something evil really exists...and some people are not affected by this simply because they cause no interest to those evil beings...I believe they are interested in only some types of people,not all.
I have some personal experiences myself...but I'm waiting to reach the 20 posts limit so I can start a thread.
edit on 19-7-2013 by exodus27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
the possession can be done only by a powerful demon (or evil spirit if you prefer), and in theory should be actually the possession of the spirit, not the body. so what you see in the material world is only the result of this, the demon doesn't "enter" the material body, it will dominate and control the spirit but not in a perfect way and that will result in the weird behavior of the possessed person.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by exodus27

I believe that something evil really exists...and some people are not affected by this simply because they cause no interest to those evil beings

Exodus27, I think you touch on something very interesting that I have also felt to be true. It seems that the people who are not at all interested in spiritual things and think that they don't need any sort of 'religion', and especially the truly self absorbed, are completely left alone by these things. Why? Because they are no threat. As long as they continue along in their current state they will serve the purposes of evil beings just fine. Those who are perceived as a threat are targeted and if possible, neutralized.
edit on 7/19/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/19/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
Exodus27, I think you touch on something very interesting that I have also felt to be true.

Well,like I said,I really believe that.The reason why most people deny the existence of intelligent/evil beings other than humans is because they never encountered something unexplained by common knowledge and/or because they ignored those signs thinking it was imagination. It's a saying for this: "truth hurts".
If a wolf is out there in the woods and killing people and animals,but you don't know about it,or never seen a wolf,it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. This is not really a bad example,because a lot of people also claim to have seen creatures(or even spirits) other than the usual ones we "officially" know about...those encounters are ignored because of people's fear of the unknown. This is also applied in any field of knowledge...when a man came forward and said that the Earth is spherical...and it's not the center of the Universe,mainstream scholars said he is crazy...but now everyone knows that he was right.
Here in Romania,a lot of people are superstitious(and most of them exaggerate stories,especially people from country side,but this is something normal everywhere in the world,people who live in isolated areas believe more in supernatural),but that doesn't mean everything is not true...we have tons of tales and legends similar to other countries...some of them are really weird and fascinating. Like I said before,I'm waiting to reach 20 posts limit so I can start threads,I will show you some legends and personal experiences,most of them unknown(or on a smaller level) to other parts of the world. Have a good day!
edit on 19-7-2013 by exodus27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

Yes the complete lack of any physical evidence for one.
Sorry but people telling us they have met or seen demons does not equate to proof.

Here is proof.
www.cbsnews.com...

Stage 1) Non-Christian with no Holy Spirit goes down with amnesia.
Stage 2) Demon takes full control over bodies functions and even wipes the sinners' memory clean so that the sinner cannot speak the English language anymore.

Do you have a scientific answer to this ?

Its even possible that a rapha (one of the Rephaim) has taken full control of the host body after the initial spiritual 4 generations contract ended.

If you are desperate for scientific answers then try MK Ultra which BTW only works with the Nephilim.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

There are other stories of people waking up with a new language/personality/feelings after amnesia or a serious accident.....even after a surgery such as an organ transplant.

Id say it has more to do with us not understanding the human brain completely than with demons or aliens. I doubt you are going to agree with that though.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

reply to post by KidOK

Id say it has more to do with us not understanding the human brain completely than with demons or aliens. I doubt you are going to agree with that though.

It makes me laugh all the time when a non-religious person desperately tries to deny reality with ...

'eerrr, well maybe', or 'it could be this' and 'perhaps that is happening'

Amazingly, religion always has a direct and easy to understand answer to what is going on in this world today and atheists with all the trillions of dollars they have cannot stop the coming apocalypse.

In fact they are all possessed and seem to be jumping with joy at the coming WW3. The White House and Syria is proof of this.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

I was going to say that the human mind is like a computer in this respect, that it can only output based on it's input, meaning that a person can't by any natural explanation speak in a language that they have never heard. But I see in the article that there are photographs of this guy Boatwright in Sweden when he was young, so there are all kinds of possible scenarios now... He could have been adopted by Americans but originally raised in Sweden, who knows?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by exodus27

There were these kinds of stories in the town I grew up back in the '60s as well. I can remember the stories well of the wolfman that was supposedly seen by my neighbors. They had a strange name for it - something like "dwaiyo". That is a phonetic attempt at spelling it, I have no idea how it was spelled.

I look forward to hearing your stories.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Truly this 86 yr. old woman is possessed.
God bless her.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

reply to post by KidOK

It makes me laugh all the time when a non-religious person desperately tries to deny reality with ...

'eerrr, well maybe', or 'it could be this' and 'perhaps that is happening'

Amazingly, religion always has a direct and easy to understand answer to what is going on in this world today and atheists with all the trillions of dollars they have cannot stop the coming apocalypse.

In fact they are all possessed and seem to be jumping with joy at the coming WW3. The White House and Syria is proof of this.

This has to be a troll, right?

Ironically the reason for all the different religions and denominations in those religions is because of the 'eerrr, well maybe', or 'it could be this' and 'perhaps that is happening' quotes and ideas from different religious leaders.

I'm saying this in the nicest way possible, but if this is a serious quote, then please look into finding some mental health help.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KidOK

They are videotaped ,but unlike most people who try to exploit the afflicted,the tapes are never made public.
All kinda of protections are in affect ,especially if the catholic church is doing the exorcism . The person identity is protected . The church admits to New exorcists and more exorcisms being done than ever before ,but they won't go playing it on YouTube.

Extreme cases are usually the ones videotaped .

Also,the catholic church want everyone to think they are the only ones that can vanquish a demon .
That is so far from the truth ,its not funny .

Every religion in the world does them,and has done them,since the dawn of civilization .

I've personally been involved in about a half a dozen non catholic exorcisms .
Not all were of people,but of places.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join