It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templar and the Ark of the Covenant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
"When the Israelites were wandering in the desert after their exodus from Egypt they were fed with the mysterious manna. Much evidence has been found that this food did not fall from the sky, as the Bible states, but came from a machine, which was kept in a tent under conditions of great secrecy. (The Manna Machine by George Sassoon and Rodney Dale, London, 1979).

When the Israelites entered the Promised Land, the manna supply ceased. The now unproductive machine was kept at Shiloh by a clan of priests. Later Kings David and Solomon brought the device to Jerusalem and built the Temple to house it. It remained there until the destruction of the city by the Babylonians in 587 BC, at which time the priests hid it somewhere and the location was forgotten. Solomon is said to have given the machine to his son by the Queen of Sheba, but it is probable that this was only a wooden box, not the machine which it had been built to contain.

Memories of the machine, however, survived: in the secret Jewish traditions of the book Zohar, and also in a manuscript attributed to Hiram Abif, architect of Solomon's Temple.

templarchronicle.homestead.com...

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
And I always thought that the "manna" was a natural substance that form some what like a fungial growth in the morning dew, substance simalar are still found, but in smaller quantities on the Sinai peninsula.

I have heard theories about the way that that ark was built (dimensions and materials) would have made it act like a huge capacitator, or battery, storing huge amount of electric charge, hence the reason it was carried will wooden pole for insulation. So one i.e Moses, could converse with the mother ship.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I've heard a few theories about what the Ark of the Covenant actually was.

I've read that the Ark is in Ethiopia and just a single old man watches over it.

The Queen of Sheba was a Ku#e. Her and King Solomon's son Menelik; is who Haille Selassie; the prophet of Rastafari; is a decendant of.

Peace

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
"I've read that the Ark is in Ethiopia and just a single old man watches over it."

You're partially right....you left out the part about the grounds being patrolled by several guards armed with AK-47's, hehe....
I'm being serious here (for a change).

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The Knights Templar never found the Ark if that's what this is about.

Whatever they found, if anything, at the temple mount was obviously enough to get them power.

The Knights Templar is the only other order in history to ever have ritual involving King Solomon's Temple, which is a dead on link to Freemasonry.

That's about all I know...well all I care to discuss now I don't see the point of this thread.

You really must please post a point if you could?

Thank you.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Actually the Ark has already been discovered. Here's the story

anchorstone.com...

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The death of the main man at the building of Solomons temple at the hands of three men is the basis of the third degree initiation ceremony in freemasonry.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Interesting. Thats actually what Im reading about now. I dont know if Freemasonry and Christianity are compatible or mutually exclusive. I need more info on that topic

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Freemasonry asked that members believe in one true God.It was probably the Templar heresy denying the divinity of Jesus that drove freemasonry underground originally

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Masonry is completely compatible with Christianity.

The representation of Hiram Abif is not a "mockery" of Jesus. Hiram was never ressurected, merely rather he was raised from an improper grave and given a proper burial.

Completely symbolic, to teach you a moral lesson nothing more.

I wonder often what the Templar's rituals were like back in the 1200s and early 1300s before their pursecution.

Their mergence with Masonry means that some of their rituals had to rub off...but how did they change the ritual from whatever theirs was, to a construction based ritual, around tools, and such.

Amazing stuff to research, just watch out for the crack-pot Anti-masons.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
John Bull the Templars never denied the divinity of Christ. At least, not the organization, what a man did is his own business, just like Christianity does not teach terrorism, nor does Islam, but yet there are terrorists from both walks of life.

The Templars were injustly persecuted, which is in my opinion, why they merged into Freemasonry to protect a new ideal.

Which was an "anti-crusade" ideal if you think about it.

All mankind is a family, spread charity...what are these tenents? Anti-Crusade...that's what.

Of course the Templars, powerful crusaders, would become opposed to Crusading and to ignorance of history and to enslavement, when all that they fought for being those things, turned on them, when they were pursecuted by the Church.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This guy is waiting for the end of the world near St Mary of Zion church in Axum, Ethiopia:

I am sure that the Ark of the Covenant is our rallying point to escape the End of Days. It is located within the Ethiopian highlands in the town of Axum (Aksum). I will be there from 2006 with anyone who wants to come.

There are 2 reasons why I think Axum is the place to be. One is that the obvious place to go for safety is a mountainous area. The Ethiopian highlands is a very large mountainous region that will give us good protection from tsunami and huge winds.
The other reason is that the Ark of the Covenant is at Axum and the Ark is an obvious thing to gather around at a time of exodus.

exodus2006.com...

And this dude says its in Ireland:

The Ark of the Covenant is located at Tara in Ireland.

Proof that The Ark is buried at the location I need to excavate is contained in the Irish Metrical Dindsenchas, which state that Teia Tephi is buried in a mergech (Hebrew for a temporary resting place) beneath a Mound that at the time of its construction measured 60 - 62 feet in diameter at the Hill of Tara.

100777.com...

and of course theres Rosslyn Chapel:

For centuries the intricately carved stones of Rosslyn Chapel near Edinburgh have tantalised historians, archaeologists and devoted Christians.

A labyrinth of vaults beneath the 15th-century home of the Knights Templar is reputed to contain dozens of holy relics, including early gospels, the Ark of the Covenant, and the fabled Holy Grail.

More than 550 years after the first foundation stones were laid, modern technology is about to put the legend to the test.

A group of Knights Templar, successors to the warrior monks who sought asylum from the Pope by fleeing to Scotland in the early 14th century and fought for Robert the Bruce at Bannockburn, are to make a "non-invasive" survey of the land around the chapel. They will use the latest ultrasound and thermal imaging technology in the hope of finding evidence of the existence of the vaults. "The plan is to investigate the land around the chapel to a depth of at least 20ft," said John Ritchie, Grand Herald and spokesman for the Knights Templar.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
hippiedude

My bad; wasn't paying attention!

Peace

[Edited on 5-22-2003 by BuddhaCession]

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
LOL im not going !!! That dude is wanting everyone to join him there.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Just FYI, Pope Pius XII essentially made involvement in Freemasonry grounds for excommunication from the Catholic church.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I really can't see the connection between this story and freemasonry. If anyone wants to explain I'd be grateful.

posted on May, 22 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Sure Oisin

From what limited info I know about Freemasonry, there is a "path" you can choose at some point, that leads to being a Knight Templar. It is one of several paths, I think.

top topics

join