It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One hell of a deal: Pope Francis offers reduced time in Purgatory for Catholics that follow him on T

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
reply to post by colbe

Hi Colbe

Thank you for your courteous reply to my post.

We do have very different perspectives on the points covered. I do feel that if one accepts God created this planet and all life upon it, one has to accept how he chose to select certain traits in different species.

I feel homosexuality is a means of controlling population that God in his wisdom decided to put into humanity. It exists throughout nature. We all have life and our natural inclination is to create more life. I find it hard to think of someone who is inclined to steal and chooses not to steal as a comparison to a homosexual who still needs companionship and a close relationship.

I think we will have to disagree on the points covered but appreciate and respect your views.

Thanks, ditto, you speak kindly. I so appreciate it, I get slammed a lot for my conservative view and faith.

Why would God create a trait, a behavior He abhors? He wouldn't. Homosexuality is a disorder. "Nature" is God because God is the creator. Studies show, homosexuality, it is failure of closeness between father and child. And what have we seen for the past fifty plus years? The destruction of the family. Satan thinks he is winning but he is going to be cast into hell for the Millennium. Alleluia!!

Everyone needs love but not the physical disordered sexual love between two persons of the same gender.

God bless you Shiloh,

colbe

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Why would God create a trait, a behavior He abhors? He wouldn't. Homosexuality is a disorder.

He has broken almost all ten commandments. He had murdered, he has coveted, he had adulterated, he has done all of these things. He created SATAN!!! Also, it stands to reason that if nothing existed before "God", then "God" must have created evil. Otherwise, it would suggest that "God" is not the beginning, only part of the beginning, because something else had to create that evil, right?

Your argument is invalid.
edit on 1-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Sorry guys, if you think the only thing you have to do is confess your mortal sins to God, tell God you are sorry and you're in, God doesn't work that way. There is still reparation to be made, God is perfectly just.

A parent hears a child say they're sorry. There is more required, a consequence, yes?

Our loving acts, prayers and sufferings (our crosses) are atonement in this life or reparation/our purgation is completed over the veil in Purgatory. Remember, everyone in Purgatory is already judged for Heaven.

Do not die in mortal sin! No one knows their last day so make daily prayer and as soon as possible, regular from the heart repentance and Confession of your serious (MORTAL) sins to God...for the life of your soul. Catholics must GO to Confession.

It is really, really true, the more you pray, the more you want to pray.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Everyone needs love but not the physical disordered sexual love between two persons of the same gender.

ATS Thread - Pope on Gays ... 'Who am I to Judge'
Read and learn from Pope Francis.

Sorry guys, if you think the only thing you have to do is confess your mortal sins to God, tell God you are sorry and you're in, God doesn't work that way. There is still reparation to be made, God is perfectly just.

Have YOU confessed your sin of telling lies about me (and others) here? Have YOU admitted on the boards that you were wrong and that you continue to be wrong? What reparations have you made for them? I haven't gotten an apology and I haven't seen any reparations come my way. Quit preaching to people to go to confession or become Catholic or to make reparation until you do it first.

Matthew 7:5 - You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree
Because I could not go to Rio de Janeiro I thank EWTN and other stations that carried all of the wonderful and awesome celebration of World Youth Day.

All through the 1990s I volunteered there. I had the privilege of receiving instruction (with the other volunteers) from Mother Angelica nearly every Sunday for years. I was able to meet many people who came through the studio like Cardinal Arinze as well as some 'clunkers' like Father Gobbi and others who turned out to be false 'visionaries'. Volunteering there was an amazing and unique experience. EWTN provides a fantastic outreach to people everywhere. Funny ... when we were in Bolivia for a month in 1996 we were able to watch the Sunday Mass from the Monastery in Irondale and so we still felt in touch with our friends and everyone there via the mass (we could see them on TV and felt like we were there) EWTN is all over the world.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I have been watching EWTN for many years. I think that it would be wonderful to be involved as you were with EWTN. I feel that Mother Angelica saved my sanity and life. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I was listening to Catholic Apologist Jimmy Akin reply to Protestant callers on Catholic Answers today.

There was a question about Purgatory. I didn't hear it all but Jimmy mentioned how much God loved David, still God
corrected, chastised David for his sins. The grave sin, Jimmy spoke of a woman David was involved with but I didn't catch her name.

The point is, God forgive us when we confess our sins but that is not the end. There is reparation atonement
to be made for our sins here or over the veil in Purgatory.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Because I could not go to Rio de Janeiro I thank EWTN and other stations that carried all of the wonderful and awesome celebration of World Youth Day.

All through the 1990s I volunteered there. I had the privilege of receiving instruction (with the other volunteers) from Mother Angelica nearly every Sunday for years. I was able to meet many people who came through the studio like Cardinal Arinze as well as some 'clunkers' like Father Gobbi and others who turned out to be false 'visionaries'. Volunteering there was an amazing and unique experience. EWTN provides a fantastic outreach to people everywhere. Funny ... when we were in Bolivia for a month in 1996 we were able to watch the Sunday Mass from the Monastery in Irondale and so we still felt in touch with our friends and everyone there via the mass (we could see them on TV and felt like we were there) EWTN is all over the world.

Flyers Fan,

You say Father Gobbi, another prophet of Our Lord is not true. Imagine, Father Gobbi too.

I'll share a quote from someone who is consecrated and a theologian and an exorcist, his words about Father Gobbi. I'll look for the quote and share it.

FlyersFan, you reject Garabandal, too bad. Mother Angelica didn't. She is a holy woman, a saint.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

ATS Thread - Pope on Gays ... 'Who am I to Judge'
Read and learn from Pope Francis.

Have YOU confessed your sin of telling lies about me (and others) here? Have YOU admitted on the boards that you were wrong and that you continue to be wrong? What reparations have you made for them? I haven't gotten an apology and I haven't seen any reparations come my way. Quit preaching to people to go to confession or become Catholic or to make reparation until you do it first.

Matthew 7:5 - You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

FlyersFan is being most insulting and unkind, she won't stop attacking me personally or the messages I post at ATS. Why do you not remove her post here?

FlyersFan is not the Holy Father.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I found a quote (see below) from Father Iannuzzi. Father Iannuzzi was honoring Father Gobbi, read what he says ~ First some bio info on Father Iannuzi.

...Fr Joseph Iannuzzi's works are some of the most authoritative on the Millenium. What the doctrine is about is essentially related to the notion of a "coming Era", an idea that has been thrust to centre-stage in the prophetic arm of the Church; it is about a foretold era of peace that will likely be preceded by some terrible chastisement--on a global scale--measuring up at least, to the great flood of Noah's time. Fr Iannuzzi, who is also an official exorcist priest, holds that the Millenia doctrine is biblical, has been articulated by the Church Fathers, the early apostles and spoken of by numerous Blesseds, mystics and stigmatists. It is a central theme that largely features in the locutional MMP messages of Our Lady.

Fr Joseph Iannuzzi speculates that what is contained in the tradition of the Millenium will indeed come to pass--and maybe, very soon. In the following statement made in relation to Fr Gobbi's death, Fr Iannuzzi calls Catholics to prepare and to arm themselves with prayers and sacraments. In a most sincere and priestly tone, Fr Iannuzzi indicates to all that we may be about to see some enormous changes take place in the world--spiritual and material:

"I, Reverend Joseph Leo Iannuzzi, affirm that Father Stefano Gobbi is and was a true locutionist and a messenger from Mary, who shared with us a timely instrument from the Mother of God who is calling me and you to prayer and fasting from the heart. Time is short... The great chastisement awaits the planet that will be knocked off of its axis and send us into a moment of global darkness and the awakening of consciences. Father Gobbi's messages presently bear the Church's official seal of approval, the 'imprimatur.' Thus he is ecclesiastically recognized. So, prepare yourselves with the weapons of the Brown Scapular, the Miraculous medal, the Benedictine medal, the prayers of the Most Holy Rosary, the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, and the frequent reception of the Sacraments of Confession and Holy Communion. As God loves you, I love you, and love one another. Forgive one another form the heart. Nothing else really matters in this life."

liturgyanddevotion.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

You say Father Gobbi, another prophet of Our Lord is not true.

The FALSE 'prophecies' of Stephano Gobbi
And as far as your Father Iannuzzi goes ... so what? He can be enamoured with Father Gobbi all he wants. That doesn't change the fact that Father Gobbi's 'prophecies' never came true. The were false.

FlyersFan, you reject Garabandal, too bad. Mother Angelica didn't. She is a holy woman, a saint.

I heard in person from Mother Angelicas own lips ... "DO NOT FOLLOW ME, I can still fall. FOLLOW JESUS, FOLLOW THE CHURCH."

GARABANDAL – CONDEMNED by the Catholic Church.
Garabandal has officially been declared 'not of supernatural origin three times
Information on Garabandal Here – including Church Statement
Letter from the Bishop

edit on 8/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And as far as your Father Iannuzzi goes ... so what? He can be enamoured with Father Gobbi all he wants. That doesn't change the fact that Father Gobbi's 'prophecies' never came true. The were false.

I heard in person from Mother Angelicas own lips ... "DO NOT FOLLOW ME, I can still fall. FOLLOW JESUS, FOLLOW THE CHURCH."

Letter from the Bishop

This is your personal opinion FlyersFan. You are not God or the Holy Father. Garabandal is not condemned
by the Church. Do not mislead people. The present bishop of Garabandal approves of the apparitions. Mother Angelica believes in Garabandal and so do many holy consecrated priests.

All of the messages from Heaven in the last 50 plus years continue to speak of the truth of Garabandal.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Letter from the Bishop

It again comes back to you thinking you are the infallible expert at ATS on Private Revelation but you are not FF. Your only comment to the beautiful words of Father Iannuzzi confirming Father Gobbi was a true messenger of God is to say "so what." People, read Father Iannuzzi's words, they are very serious and he gives wise words to prepare.

The divine prophesied events in private revelation given the saints of the past and current messengers have not taken place yet. Doesn't mean they are not going to happen. Have faith. What seems like a delay is God's perfect timing. He keeps repeating in private revelation because of our fallen nature, the pride of disbelieving prophecy. Envy at others hearing from God. Disbelievers shouldn't envy or reject the messages, God speaks to every generation, He has spoken through the prophets, the words in the Nicene Creed.

You can put it in CAPS, I do not believe Mother Angelica spoke to you.

Mother Angelica approved of Garabandal. Check Youtube and EWTN archives, Mother Angelica's past programs, especially watch her show with Garabandal's Joey Lomangino as her guest.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

This is your personal opinion FlyersFan.

Wrong. I posted the official documents of the Catholic Church.

You are not God or the Holy Father.

I don't claim to be. I simply post EXACTLY what the Catholic Church says.

Garabandal is not condemned by the Church.

Wrong. Garbandal has definitively been condemned by the Catholic Church.

Do not mislead people.

I'm not. You are. In regards to Garbadandal I post exactly what the Catholic Church says.
You, on the other hand, post your opinion, rather than fact.

The present bishop of Garabandal approves of the apparitions.

Wrong. Bishop of Santander, Msgr. Vicente Jiménez Zamora, has made no statement overturning the THREE TIMES that the Church has condemned Garabandal. No statement overturning the previous determinations is expected. It is exceptionally rare for the church to overturn previous decisions made by the bishops ... let alone THREE CONDEMNATIONS. It has not happened with Garabandal.

Mother Angelica believes in Garabandal and so do many holy consecrated priests.

Irrelevant. As I said ... Mother Angelica herself said to me 'do not follow me, I can still fall. Follow jesus and the church.' So .. doing as Mother Angelica said ... we are to follow what the Church says in this matter.

I was a volunteer at EWTN when Mother Angelica said that Jesus would come again and the entire world would know Him in the Eucharist by 2000 AD. That didn't happen. I was there when Mother Angelica thought that the comet hitting Jupiter would trigger a massive EMP and 'the warning' would happen. That didn't happen. Good holy people aren't infallible. That's why the church says, and even Mother herself said, not to follow any living human being but instead.. listen to the Church and do what it says.

All of the messages from Heaven in the last 50 plus years continue to speak of the truth of Garabandal.

Wrong. No church approved apparition has ever mentioned Garabandal.

Mystics of the Church

Jesus established the authority in the Catholic Church through the Apostles, with Peter as their Head. Through Apostolic and Papal succession, the Bishops are the successors to the Apostles, with the Pope (Peter) as the Head. And, as successors to the Apostles, it is the Bishops duty to safeguard and protect the faithful in the purity of the Catholic faith. The very real danger in following an alleged visionary is that one can very easily be led astray by the erroneous teachings and revelations of a false mystic or visionary. In fact, throughout the centuries, some Catholics have been led out of the Church by false visionaries and seers.

The Catholic Church, through the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit given to the Pope and the Bishops alone has the authority to judge the private revelations of mystics and visionaries, and it is our obligation and duty to obey the judgment of the Church. Catholics should be aware that willful disobedience to the Church is a sin. Willful disobedience is when one knowingly and intentionally disobeys the legitimate authority and judgment of the Church. (ie- local Bishop). Even should the local Bishop mistakenly disapprove of a genuine revelation, obedience to the Church always remains paramount. It is a sin to propagate a private revelation disobediently, but it can never be a sin not to propagate one.

While we are free to have an personal opinion regarding a private revelation, we must submit to the judgment of the Church with practical obedience. What this means is that while we are free to disagree privately with a Bishops decision, (the Bishop is not infallible these matters), we are obligated to obey with practical obedience, that is, we may not act against the Bishops decree or judgment; we may not propagate the private revelation or alleged messages that the Bishop has judged negatively, or continue to say publicly that you regard it as genuine. No private individual has the authority to judge definitively and officially which private revelations are true and which are not. The authority to rule on the authenticity of a private revelation rests solely with the local Bishop.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Foolish mistake on your part. I worked there for 10 years. Mother Angelica and I spoke many times. I was a long time volunteer there. She knew me rather well.

Mother Angelica approved of Garabandal. Check Youtube and EWTN archives, Mother Angelica's past programs, especially watch her show with Garabandal's Joey Lomangino as her guest.

I already know she liked Garbandal. I WAS A VOLUNTEER AT EWTN FOR NEARLY 10 YEARS. I was there when she went to Garbandal (and twisted her ankle walking in the mountains there) I was there when she had Joey Lomangino on.

That's IRRELEVANT. Mother Angelicas own words to me reflect exactly what the Catholic Church says ... do not follow any living human being. Follow what the Church says .. follow Jesus. And the Church has CONDEMNED GARABANDAL.

Holy people make mistakes. Mother Angelica thought that Jesus would be back and a major eucharistic miracle would happen around the world by the year 2,000. It didn't happen. She thought a giant EMP would erupt when the comet hit jupiter and that it would be 'the warning'. It didn't happen. Examples why we are to follow the CHURCH and not follow PEOPLE.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It again comes back to you thinking you are the infallible expert at ATS on Private Revelation but you are not FF.

Wrong again. I am not the infallible expert on private revelation. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS. And the Church has stated over and over and over ... Garbandal is FALSE. You don't like what I post? Take it up with the Catholic Church. The Church has, in it's wisdom, determined Garabandal to be FALSE. Officially declared Garbandal false.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It again comes back to you thinking you are the infallible expert at ATS on Private Revelation but you are not FF.

Wrong again. I am not the infallible expert on private revelation. THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IS. And the Church has stated over and over and over ... Garbandal is FALSE. You don't like what I post? Take it up with the Catholic Church. The Church has, in it's wisdom, determined Garabandal to be FALSE. Officially declared Garbandal false.

You didn't put my words up in quotes for people to read for a reason.

I'll say it again, Bishops have been WRONG about private revelation. This is why the Vatican has taken over the investigation of Medjugorje and it is now up to the Holy See, approval of Medjugore. St. Faustina's messages of Divine Mercy are another example. Thank Heavens for John Paul II before he was Pope while still in Poland bringing them to light after the disapproval of the Bishop.

People do not listen to FF, Garabandal has NOT been disproved or as she says, it is false. The present Bishop of Garabandal has given his approval and so did Mother Angelica, she believes and while she headed EWTN Joey Lamangino appeared on her show four times explaining Garabandal. Sharing one of the episodes. Mother Angelica mentions at the beginning of the program Garabandal's prophesied Warning is revealed in Our Lord's words to St. Faustina in the 1930s before Garabandal.

God is most loving, the Great Warning is going to happen. God wants to save souls, His promise of more grace because the faith is so weak.

www.ewtn.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You didn't put my words up in quotes for people to read for a reason.

I posted the basic part of the statement .. that's the reason.

I'll say it again, Bishops have been WRONG about private revelation.

I'll say it again, it's RARE for them to be wrong.
I'll say it again, we are not supposed to bank on them being wrong.
What part of ... 'it's a sin for Catholics to push apparitions deemed false' .. don't you get?
What part of ... 'using the excuse that bishops might make a mistake is not an acceptable reason to disobey the church' ... don't you get?

Mystics of the Church

Jesus established the authority in the Catholic Church through the Apostles, with Peter as their Head. Through Apostolic and Papal succession, the Bishops are the successors to the Apostles, with the Pope (Peter) as the Head. And, as successors to the Apostles, it is the Bishops duty to safeguard and protect the faithful in the purity of the Catholic faith. The very real danger in following an alleged visionary is that one can very easily be led astray by the erroneous teachings and revelations of a false mystic or visionary. In fact, throughout the centuries, some Catholics have been led out of the Church by false visionaries and seers.

The Catholic Church, through the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit given to the Pope and the Bishops alone has the authority to judge the private revelations of mystics and visionaries, and it is our obligation and duty to obey the judgment of the Church. Catholics should be aware that willful disobedience to the Church is a sin. Willful disobedience is when one knowingly and intentionally disobeys the legitimate authority and judgment of the Church. (ie- local Bishop). Even should the local Bishop mistakenly disapprove of a genuine revelation, obedience to the Church always remains paramount. It is a sin to propagate a private revelation disobediently, but it can never be a sin not to propagate one.

While we are free to have an personal opinion regarding a private revelation, we must submit to the judgment of the Church with practical obedience. What this means is that while we are free to disagree privately with a Bishops decision, (the Bishop is not infallible these matters), we are obligated to obey with practical obedience, that is, we may not act against the Bishops decree or judgment; we may not propagate the private revelation or alleged messages that the Bishop has judged negatively, or continue to say publicly that you regard it as genuine. No private individual has the authority to judge definitively and officially which private revelations are true and which are not. The authority to rule on the authenticity of a private revelation rests solely with the local Bishop.

Garabandal has NOT been disproved or as she says, it is false.

I'll say it again ... WRONG. The official church documents -
Letter from the Bishop

The present Bishop of Garabandal has given his approval

I'll say it again ... WRONG. Post the document from the present bishop showing that he has officially reversed the THREE decisions by previous Bishops stating that Garbandal was not from Heaven. Go ahead ... (good luck with that :shk: )

and so did Mother Angelica,

I'll say it again ... IRRELEVANT. She is not the church. The CHURCH is the CHURCH.
Mother Angelica herself has said not to follow her but instead to follow the Church.
And that theology is correct.

People do not listen to FF,

People here are listening to what the CHURCH officially says. I happen to be providing it to them.
So yes, it is better that they listen to the official CHURCH documents rather than someone who
is breaking canon law by pushing false apparitions.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Foolish mistake on your part. I worked there for 10 years. Mother Angelica and I spoke many times. My baby shower was held in Guadalupe Hall in the Monastery ... approved to be there by Mother Angelica because I was a long time volunteer there. She knew me rather well.

I already know she liked Garbandal. I WAS A VOLUNTEER AT EWTN FOR NEARLY 10 YEARS. I was there when she went to Garbandal (and twisted her ankle walking in the mountains there) I was there when she had Joey Lomangino on.

That's IRRELEVANT. Mother Angelicas own words to me reflect exactly what the Catholic Church says ... do not follow any living human being. Follow what the Church says .. follow Jesus. And the Church has CONDEMNED GARABANDAL.

Holy people make mistakes. Mother Angelica thought that Jesus would be back and a major eucharistic miracle would happen around the world by the year 2,000. It didn't happen. She thought a giant EMP would erupt when the comet hit jupiter and that it would be 'the warning'. It didn't happen. Examples why we are to follow the CHURCH and not follow PEOPLE.

The underlined is important, it is your personal commentary, give Mother Angelica's words in quotes to confirm. You are not God or the Pope. Basic FF, just because a prophesied event hasn't yet occurred doesn't make it not true. Have faith, be patient.

And the rest, your personally knowing Mother Angelica, give proof, then I and those reading this thread will believe. The problem, you add to your story every time you post. It doesn't ring true. Why would you disbelieve Mother and Joey if you were truly present, actually there hearing them speak? There wasn't back then or has there yet been a final pronouncement on Garabandal. The first Bishop disproved, the present Bishop and current parish priest says it is fine to believe Our Lady appearing at Garabandal.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Taking my words apart, leaving some of what I said out and posting multiple replies to my one, you gotta stop doing this, it doesn't help your view FF.

Garabandal has not been decided. Even your fella, denying Ronald Conte, Jr. believes in Garabandal.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join