It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were White and They were Slaves

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by noissucnoc16
reply to post by HairlessApe

How about considered property the Supreme Court or being sold by the thousands from their own people dragged here being fed uncooked pig guts , bones dog tails etc

Yea, that happened to the Irish too. BEFORE it happened to Africans. In America.

But since you didn't know about that, your ancestor's problems must be must more significant than the problems of mine. (sarcasm)

ETA: An old favorite food in Ireland is called "Blood Pudding." It's basically the fermented dark blood of a sheep congealed into a thick wafer. Yummy. But pig guts sound good too.

edit on 17-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

We call it 'Black Pudding'...

I personally wouldn't touch it save for a life and death situation.

In regards to Irish slaves - we still are this day.

Northern Ireland got sold out big time!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
No suffering like black slavery and bondage...are words that could only come from Americans that have never experienced anything outside of America.

There is far, far worse occurring to innocent people today, then anything any slave (black or otherwise) ever had to deal with in America.

Technology has opened up whole new avenues of administering pain and punishment beyond anything that ever even existed when there were slaves in America. And, technology lets us keep them alive for longer afterwards.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Imam khomeini once said "the relationship between us (iran) and U.S. is the relationship of wolves and sheep."

AS long as greed rules among those elite people.

AS long as people follow their media and intention.

We won't find stable peace.

I am a revolutionary man , I tend to revolt inside as much as I can.

I agree with you.

But remember that god created us choosing beings.Some are choosing to be greedy and opportunist. Some are choosing to be free.Others are slaves.

Your words seems to come out from healthy heart.

Keep it clean..............
edit on 17-7-2013 by mideast because:
ignorance

edit on 17-7-2013 by mideast because: revolted

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The idea that wiping out over half of the Irish population in the 1600's as some minor thing really amazes me. The English were equal opportunity slavers. Genocide has happened all over the world, and yes 6 million Jews were slaughtered and more were worked to death in death camps.

So, I know let's hear about the "dirty Jew" now as everyone loves to blame them for everything without even knowing who the imposter Kenites are. You know, Lucifer has it out for Israel and by that I mean the 12 tribes of which Judah is only a small part. So, the destruction of the world is right on schedule and my op was about trying to understand that when Blacks point the finger at whites it is not based in fact. Yes, some whites did abuse them, but they abused anyone they could take advantage of whether they were white, black, latino, indian, it did not matter. These particular whites are a parasitic weed growing and destroying our world. Jesus told us to leave them be though if you read the parable of the wheat and the tares.

My Op was with the hopes of showing many have been abused and some of us have lost our history. At least the Black community never let it be forgotten, but even that was helped along by the elites. They want the division. I was thinking of another example and the thought that came to me is let's pretend that a black man's great grandfather was kidnapped and beaten nearly to death by a white man and a few years later they come across a white person and attack them and beat them and kill them only to later learn that that is the great grandson of the person who was held alongside that black man's grandfather who was equally beaten nearly to death. My, that sounds like justice right?

It seems from the responses of some there will never be healing because they believe they were persecuted more. The fact is NO BLACKS in America today were slaves. No whites in America today were slaves. Equal rights has been around a LONG time, and I have most certainly been on the receiving end of racism from blacks many times, but I don't look at all blacks with one lens. Most American's both black and white call themselves Christian and yet are we seeing Christian love for one another? Would we be proud of our collective racism and hatred or would we be ashamed?

It is my hope that we can stop this race baiting, deal with things honestly, and not play the continuing politics that have destroyed so many of us.
edit on 17-7-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

These particular whites are a parasitic weed growing and destroying our world. Jesus told us to leave them be though if you read the parable of the wheat and the tares.

I respect revolutionary people who believe in Jesus ,too. Specially the people who use their head as much as they can.

It has been long time that I wasn't seing such people on ATS (or maybe I was absent for long time)

These parasites think that the next world is like this world. They think they can be smart and evade the judgement and justice.They think that they can tear appart sheep and use donkeys to get to their destiny.

And like you said WE (Iranian people) are ready to forgive and forget ,too.

That is the solution for peace.

You brought light on ATS.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

It seems from the responses of some there will never be healing because they believe they were persecuted more. The fact is NO BLACKS in America today were slaves. No whites in America today were slaves. Equal rights has been around a LONG time, and I have most certainly been on the receiving end of racism from blacks many times, but I don't look at all blacks with one lens. Most American's both black and white call themselves Christian and yet are we seeing Christian love for one another? Would we be proud of our collective racism and hatred or would we be ashamed?

It is my hope that we can stop this race baiting, deal with things honestly, and not play the continuing politics that have destroyed so many of us.

There are many black people alive today that did have to suffer segregation and fight the oppression to even get to the point where we are now. It wasnt really that long ago. And the responses to this thread shows its a really hot topic even right now. You just have to look at the us prison population which is also a case of modern day slavery, the numbers are extremely skewed, lots of men, mostly black, and for many of them their biggest crime is cannabis possession. Manufacturing goods literally shackled, in 2013 in the land of hope and glory, where dreams are made, where freedom and liberty rules? oh wait. And lets not forget those in guantanamo bay, cleared of wrongdoing but yet still held captive, and driven to hunger strike, whose listening to them?.

The past cannot be changed no matter how many years debating it, the only thing people have any power to change is the future, through their actions and attitudes now.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by noissucnoc16

Sorry, your post is irrelevant. nice try though.

great topic OP. very informative

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Great thread here, thanks for the read

I wonder why I've never heard an Irishman complain about the "man" holding him down.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Actually your arguement is flawed because ancient history lacked white supremacy which was and is a crucial factor in the curent fine mess this country is in. Here a legal process is being tarnished because of the polarisation on colour lines.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Someone needs to send this to Spike Lee. He'd probably just end up throwing something through the window of an Italian restaurant, though.
#DoTheRightThing

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Actually your arguement is flawed because ancient history lacked white supremacy which was and is a crucial factor in the curent fine mess this country is in.

You're joking right?

History is riddled with superiority complexes, of which race superiority is a major component.

Ever hear, "history is written by the victors."?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

The Irish seemed to be targeted the most. Cromwell hated the Irish Catholics for their rebellion against the crown, and he decimated the Irish Catholic population and made hundreds of thousands of them slaves which sold for 5 shillings.

I did a quick search and found some more info about the Irish slaves.

www.globalresearch.ca...

The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

Think that should be James I/VI ~ James II was the brother of Charles II,grandson of James I/VI and the last Stewert king of Great Britain deposed by William of Orange in the Glorious Revolution,he wasn't even born in 1625 let alone issuing proclomations

link   

edit on 17/7/13 by fastbob72 because: sorry

link   
Damn wifi dropout

edit on 17/7/13 by fastbob72 because: double post,sorry !!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by MrPlow

I think it's disgusting that Africans selling their own to the Europeans is left out of the history books. Is that not telling a half truth? yes or no.

And no one mentions the Arabs play in all of this. They were buying, selling, and trading black slaves before the first European stepped foot on the Continent.

They weren't "selling their own" - there was no Africa. They were selling prisoners from other kingdoms.

Regardless, this whole discussion is like a child saying "well, he did it too!" and the only goal is to deflect attention away from the fact that white people did this to blacks in THIS country.

You can keep skirting around it and deflecting all you want. The ONLY way we can ever move away from this admit it and do what we can to ostracize the racists that are left in our society. Period.

At all corners, anyone who implicitly or explicitly seeks to belittle another only because of their race, should be shunned, publically embarrassed and shut up as quickly as possible and without excuse.

And really...this thread REEKS of said implicit supremacy.
well put
edit on 17-7-2013 by PharaohSmiff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
this whole post is rather disgusting in my opinion anybody with common sense knows that slavery wasnt a race thing back in antiquity rather a class thing but to compare that slavery to whats really going on in the past century is so utterly ridiculous its sad

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Thank you for a fascinating and informative post. You have covered a topic that certainly was never taught in the school curriculum in England.

I take your point on the black/white slave trade. No one group can ever lay complete claim to it. It is still a very sad thing that despite the history on slavery its still going on in so many countries, especially child slavery which robs a little human of its childhood. In the UK we appear to have imported a huge slave trade in prostitution so slavery is fine and well and still prospering even in the year 2013.

Many people today forget the past and how people have had to fight for every single right that workers earned as well as the benefit schemes for the old, very young and ill in most countries today. Sadly the wealthy are speedily taking away as many rights and social benefits that the vulnerable need as quickily as they can.

Greed and power over other people still runs the world today and unless most of the world debt is written off, we are never going to get out of financial slavery which we are tumbling down into today.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPlow

MrPlow you are in denial. Face it you are wrong on many accounts. One of your reasons for disliking white people is not justified. Now get over it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Nope I am not joking. The only Joke that I make is that you understand the term "white supremacy".

Google is your friend. Please good the expression. It was Bartholemew De las Casas that actually used it to justify taking black slaves to the new world because the native indians were too fragile. The arguements based on skin colour started with the Church's need to justifify enslaving people on the basis of skin colour. Hence the myth of white supremacy and black inferiority were born.

If you look at the ancient writings even the Norse got on with the "blue men".

Class dismissed

edit on 17-7-2013 by Tiger5 because: Typos

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718

Great thread here, thanks for the read

I wonder why I've never heard an Irishman complain about the "man" holding him down.

Could that be that the Irish have been coopted into the white race. As recently as the 1950s in England there were signs up stating "No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish" in the UK.

Betcha ya didn't know that one!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join