It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Zimmerman is Guilty

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

I completely agree with this minister. We ALL need to look at the world through the eyes of Jesus and not through the eyes of a black person, a white person, a red person, a brown or yellow or whatever you might be.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-7-2013 by PMNOrlando because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by defcon5

I don't even understand their point. Purposely stating misleading facts is deception, so is purposely ignoring relevant facts.

Which is EXACTLY what the media is doing, while the DOJ and our President stir-up the hornets nests. I'm literally sick of it, physically sick of it. I've been feeling so depressed and hopeless recently. Sometimes, I wish I didn't have children. I'm scared for them and their future.

I'm planning on leaving, to either Israel or Belize. This nation is rapidly wrecking itself.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell

That’s not true.
He was not doing what he supposed to do
They told him on the phone to back off
He got out of the truck against the command of the authorities

Tell me what was Trayvon doing?

Doesn’t he have a right to defend himself?

How would you feel if your 17 year old daughter or son was stalked by a stranger

This is an early post with about 70 stars....

Let me ask you all that stared this...what was Zimmerman doing that Martin had to defend himself over? Why did Martin feel he needed to back track away from the house he was staying at to confront Zimmerman? Martin physically over powered Zimmerman with ease why is Martin a child still? Martin could be a seal in the Navy or a college football player at his age, but he is a child here....

I'm kind of offended for people to suggest that young black males are so violent that people should not even get out of their cars if they are around....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
Zimmerman had been arrested for assaulting a police officer resisting arrest.

Resisting is a common “stacking charge” in Florida, and even if convicted is only a misdemeanor. Being charged with “resisting” is also not the same as being convicted of “resisting”. The courts are not stupid down here, they know that police will “stack” resistance, even when not valid, in the hopes of convicting on something or using it as a bargaining chip in making a plea deal.

His ex filed domestic violence charges against him.

This cannot be true.
Any domestic violence charge requires that you turn over all firearms, and are not allowed to legally own or carry a firearm. DV charges also immediately eliminate you from consideration as a law enforcement officer (since you cannot legally own a gun).

You need to check the legitimacy of your source.

edit on 7/16/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe

I follow all of your points, if this had been a black armed adult who shot a white unarmed teenager, this whole story would be painted differently. I am a veteran and a participant in the martial arts, for me an armed man to shoot an unarmed man is a travesty, or an act of war. The debate on this subject has led me to believe that there are people in this country, that will accept overt racism in 2013, and this makes me sad.

Here this over and over again and its not true. Here is a thread I did on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A black man was convicted of manslaughter for shooting a white teenager, and the black governor of the state pardoned him. No media outrage, no protests. Expect Al Sharpton protesting to release this black man because he had the right to confront his victim.

But I know no one will comment on it, because it doesn't fit your fantasy of this being all about race.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Your argument is flawed in the very first sentance. If you would have payed attention to the trial you would have known that the defense did not use the "Stand your ground law" and instead used slef defense therefore you have lost.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Everyone is to bogged down in the nitty-gritty details, and arguing them.

The fact is simple.

Zimmerman had a history of agressive behavior, he made the decision to put himself in a situation in which he knew might be dangerous. He made a decision to follow someone when he was told not to by actual LEO's.

It ends there.

His two decisions and two subsequent actions led to the death of an otherwise non-criminal youth.

If I decide to get drunk, and decide to drive my car and kill someone -- is that not manslaughter? I made made two decisions, committed two acts and someone died.

The guy got fired for being a bouncer because he was to aggressive, he had a history longer than my arm proving he would pull this kind of "shoot first, ask questions later" attitude.

This is why he got out of that car.

This is why he didn't listen to the dispatcher.

This is why he followed that kid.

He wanted to be some kind of neighborhood hero. That's it, plain and simple.

I'm also convinced that he has FAS. People with FAS exhibit poor judgement and increased aggression.

Nitpicking the details after Zimmerman got out of that damned car is stupid and dumb as hell. He was guilty of manslaughter as soon as he decided to open that car door.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
just to clear up GZ arrest records.

The three incidents took place in Orange County, Fla.
In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.

from this Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer

hardly a harden cold blooded killer.
edit on 16-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
I doubt this wouldve been brought up if martin had a conceal carry and shot zimmerman.

no one knows what happened that night accept the 2 of them.

That's why we go by evidence, and not "what if" scenarios.

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
This means he did NOT have to have ANY wounds at all, much less serious ones, for self defense to apply. What part of this is so difficult for you to grasp? Self defense and deadly force are justified to PREVENT great bodily harm or death. If you have no concept of the law, you should obtain some knowledge before posting such a thread.

"Castle Doctrine" and "Stand your Ground" are both irrelevant in this case.
Even without either law, going back to old self defense law, Zimmerman would still be innocent.

This is because he was pinned on his back, with Martin on top.
That effectively cuts off any line of retreat.

Exactly! Simple self defense. That, of course, is what those in power want us to lose.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Provide me something better, Trayvon was armed with skittles and an iced tea, Zimmerman had a 9mm

Martin armed himself with concrete, and his fists. That he chose an armed victim is his own fault. That's why we have self defense laws, so when you are assaulted, as George was, you can defend yourself.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Lets keep in mind that being found not guilty is NOT the same as being innocent. Zimmerman is most certainly guilty of killing Trayvon, the jury believed that he was justified in the killing. I contend that at the moment Zimmerman continued to pursue Trayvon after being told not to by the 911 dispatcher, he was the aggressor and therefore Trayvon was entitled to defend himself. Does anyone believe for a second that if Zimmerman were black and Trayvon were white that the verdict would have been the same? NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
just to clear up GZ arrest records.

The three incidents took place in Orange County, Fla.
In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

In December 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. The case was dismissed when the officer failed to show up in court.

from this Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer

hardly a harden cold blooded killer.
edit on 16-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)
TM

Graffiti, tardiness to class, Hemp residue.. No armed robberys, no attempted murders, no drive by shootings, no assaults. Lets be fair

Hardly a blood thirsty thug

link   
edit on 16-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

link   

Zimmerman outweighed Martin by 60 pounds, if he was not able to defend himself, he was due the asskicking he was receiving. If Zimmerman had not had a firearm, Trayvon would not be dead, didn't Zimmerman have some prior arrests? Why did he have a damn gun?

One, that's not accurate - link.

Two, he had a gun because he wasn't found guilty of anything. Thus, he can legally carry a gun. Do some people really not understand what "innocent until proven guilty" means???

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

His ex filed domestic violence charges against him.

This cannot be true.
Any domestic violence charge requires that you turn over all firearms, and are not allowed to legally own or carry a firearm. DV charges also immediately eliminate you from consideration as a law enforcement officer (since you cannot legally own a gun).

Let me tall you something else on this point.
Due to extensive lobbying by “Abuse” groups, a woman can go downtown and file a Domestic Violence Injunction for any reason whatsoever, and its granted (I want an injunction because he “passed gas” and it “assaulted” my nose). Now, granted does not mean that its upheld by the court, its simply granted temporarily until it goes to court. So the man is issued this injunction, and has to leave his property, giving the woman unrestricted access to everything for, I believe, up to 15 days before the man has a chance to defend himself.

I have seen it done several times, where in a bad break up, the woman goes down, files the injunction (it can be totally made up hearsay), and has the man removed from the property. She can then steal all his stuff, move to another location, and doesn't even have to bother showing up in court again to defend her accusations against the man.

Of course, when the man does get his day in court, everything is usually thrown out (again, many times the woman doesn't even bother to show up to the hearing, or is afraid because she knows she lied). The court usually does nothing to the woman for using the court system illegally, making false accusations, and unconstitutionally violating the mans rights to his property. The court justifies that they “temporarily” uphold these injunctions because if violence were to happen, and the injunction was denied, the state would be held liable.

So it is possible that he had a temporarily DV injunction, but that is little more the hearsay. If the DV Injunction had been upheld, he would have had to surrender his guns.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Yes i think people do understand. I think they also understand how easy it is for CCW carriers to get away with murder now. Take someone to a private place, instigate them to attack you and then shoot them. Dead men tell no tales and everyone will believe your story 100% it seems!! LOL Getting away with murder in Fla easy as 123, ABC.

Casey now Georgie. If I ever wanna murder someone I know what state to take em to.
edit on 16-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh yea Im also going to go ahead for the White Folk and fuel the flames of racist dissent. The white folk are complaining about why the media doesn't nationalize the stories of black on white crimes that are sometimes quite brutal. the simple answer is, welcome the world colored people in America have been suffering for centuries. When poor innocent black kids used to get beat up and ganged up on or hung and killed for simply speaking to a white woman, no one cared. Fire bombing black churches, murdering innocent kids in the process. Raping women in front of their husbands at gunpoint forcing them to watch.

This action only stopped in the 1960's for the most part. So if after only 40 or fifty years the white people are crying and complaining about the double standards and unfair treatment and reporting in the media, well you only have a couple hundred more years of unfair treatment to go to truly understand the pain of a people. And the government Is laughing all the way home because the more everyone focus on this fabricated divisive distraction that was organized for you guys entertainment, the less likely we pay attention to the continued anti-constitutional actions and laws the bank appointed government has and continues to put in place.

I believe white folk and black folk will be even in about 2190 or so. Enjoy a couple of centuries for unfair treatment, or focus on the real problems your choice.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Wikipedia and search for "Trayvon Martin" here's the real 'big scary kid: 5'11" 158lb.
Scary like a beanpole. That's from the coroner's report.

Sounds more like someone is vandalizing the wiki site.

That, and the report possibly isn't accurate. The 7-11 clerk is 5'10", and in the shots from the store, you can see that Martin is much more than an inch taller than that guy.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bruteforce13

In order to have a murder you have to have some type of intent or premeditation. As these two had never met before, it already disqualifies it as such.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

there is no way zimmerman was 170 at the time of the murder. he lost a ton of weight after the murder and subsequently gained a bunch at the trial. zimmermans weight was 200 lbs the day of the murder.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join