It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Zimmerman is Guilty

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

IMO the guy is guilty of manslaughter and thats what the State should have charged him with. But those prosecutors in Fla have a bad habit of overcharging!!!!! They go after murder/2nd murder but do not have near enough evidence to get a conviction on such a charge.

Anyways this thread shouldn't have been created its over with time to stop beating the dead horse.
edit on 16-7-2013 by bruteforce13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Agreed!!! I think the people who act like Zimmerman is a hero are disgusting! Fair enough there was reasonable doubt, but this is the same as OJ or Casey Anthoney. That idiot did manslaughter that kid or he wouldn't have had to lie in his accounts of what happened. I also don't doubt Supercop (zimmerman) was afraid for his life while getting beat up in a fight he started.

This is really about florida self defense law. You don't have to be in any actual danger at all. You just have to have a reasonable reason to think you are. Hell it's even a tongue twister. We should pay way mor attention to the reality of the situation, not how we feel about it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Yes i think people do understand. I think they also understand how easy it is for CCW carriers to get away with murder now. Take someone to a private place, instigate them to attack you and then shoot them. Dead men tell no tales and everyone will believe your story 100% it seems!! LOL Getting away with murder in Fla easy as 123, ABC.

Casey now Georgie. If I ever wanna murder someone I know what state to take em to.

Listen carefully. Self defense is not murder. Repeat this until it sinks in. Once you get it, come back and let us know.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by artemisminion

I knew they would have a hard time convicting him of 2nd degree murder. I thought all along it should have been a manslaughter charge.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

So dispute the source. He wasn't sixty pounds heavier, either, and the pics from that night show this. You can always provide a different link.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bruteforce13

There is nothing legally to show manslaughter, and everything legally points to a valid self defense claim.

Again, and I CANNOT stress this enough. Florida police are renown for arresting folks over just about nothing, and charging them with everything they think they can make stick. It's extremely telling that the police refused to arrest him due to lack of "probable cause", the police chief refused to arrest him to the point it cost him his job, the State Attorney refused to prosecute and a special prosecutor had to be brought in.

Anyway, night all...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

His father was a magistrate, no surprise the charges were dropped.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

They said they cried. SO what does that mean? It doesn’t mean they were right or not-biased.
They may have been or they may have not been, but I can express my opinion of what I think the truth is.

That was in response to someone claiming that jurors are idiots who do not want to be in court. They didn't all agree and they hashed it out. They came up with a verdict based on evidence. Now the family, the media, and the Progressive Democrats and PR do not want to accept the verdict. And also many here do not wish to accept that a jury found there was reasonable doubt.
It doesn't matter what your conjecture is, because it doesn't work with the evidence.
Also, as Greta said on her show last night, the prosecution approved the jury selection. Suddenly when they didn't get the verdict they wanted, the family attorney says now they didn't especially like the jury. It's all in hindsight isn't it?
edit on 16-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Graffiti, tardiness to class, Hemp residue.. No armed robberys, no attempted murders, no drive by shootings, no assaults. Lets be fair

Yes, lets be fair. Make sure you get everything on there.

Like the facts. . .Did you see the pictures of the plants, the guns, the smoking drugs?
How about the fact that when he was suspended from school they found a bunch of jewelry on him. There were also other incidents as well.

So, while you are laying out the facts, Make Sure You Get Them All In There.

By the way, just because he was Never caught engaged in such acts doesn’t mean that he was not involved in such things.

The boy was Not, by Any Stretch of the Imagination, Innocent.

edit on 17-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

They get far worse in a mma sanctioned fight and continue on.

I don't get it. Why do you guys keep bringing this up?
Are you suggesting that Zimmerman should have laid there and taken a beating because it wasn't that big of a deal and he could have just brushed it off?

That makes No sense at all.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Im sorry maybe im old school, My father is 65 im 40. He would tell me how he and his brothers and friends got in fist fights al lthe time growing up. Bloodied noses, black eyes and they were usually friends again the next day.

Well I did the same stuff your dad did and I am about your age but I have also been in fights with total strangers as well. Maybe its because you do not have experience with those things but let me tell you fighting with friends and brothers I never once worried for my life on the other hand fighting a total stranger is totally different. You should ask your dad about it he will probably tell you the same.

Honestly do you think Treyvon and George would have ever become friends regardless of the outcome?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I dont call non stitches non er visiting wounds a beating, ive seen much much worse and No One got shot... You people must live in a bubble and never seen or been in many altercations if you think those were bad injurys.

Much worse than that happens in many college party towns and bar parking lots across America every night and most of them dont end in shootings.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

“Those who address race the most, are usually the most racist”

-Propulsion

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

There is nothing legally to show manslaughter, and everything legally points to a valid self defense claim.

Again, and I CANNOT stress this enough. Florida police are renown for arresting folks over just about nothing, and charging them with everything they think they can make stick. It's extremely telling that the police refused to arrest him due to lack of "probable cause", the police chief refused to arrest him to the point it cost him his job, the State Attorney refused to prosecute and a special prosecutor had to be brought in.

Anyway, night all...

If I decide to drink and then decide to get in my car, I have made two decisions and committed two actions. If I hit/run over a person and kill them, would I not be charged with manslaughter?

Zimmerman decided to open his car door. Zimmerman subsequently ignored a qualified law enforcement employee's direction and decided to follow TM. His two actions led to the eventual death of a human being.

To me, both examples are mutually interchangeable.

I guess if I want to go "hunt humans" and be absolved of any formal charges, I just need to strap myself and head to a bad neighborhood where I will have a high probability of being involved in a violent altercation.

Hey, he came at me man! I just happened to have a gun on me, and I defended myself!

You see, Zimmerman chose to place himself voluntarily into a situation where he thought there would be a high probability of risk. Why else would he have a gun on him?

To me, both examples are mutually interchangeable.

I don't deliberately go into bear country with a gun when bears aren't in season, subsequently kill a bear that attacks me, and claim self-defense.

Self defense doesn't work that way. You don't go looking for trouble, find it, and then claim self defense.
edit on 16-7-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

His father was a magistrate, no surprise the charges were dropped.

The Chrges weren't dropped. He was Acquited. HUGE Difference.
Are you suggesting that his father got to the jurors?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wwiilliiaamm

Forensics showed that he fire the gun inches away from Trevon. Meaning there was a struggle.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Good idea so I can go in da hood and call some black guy The N - word and let him punch me and I blow him away!!! Self Defense baby! Happy Hunting Season!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I can go to a park and stare at some mans young female child like im lusting after her. Lets not forget its not against the law to stare at someone. Ill keep staring at her till the father comes at me and ask me what my problem is!!! Ill tell him something that provokes a attack. Once he punches me ill pull out my gun and shoot him. I FEARED FOR MY LIFE!

SELF DEFENSE / SYG BABY! Man theres so many ways to abuse this in FLA i can keep coming up with them!!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

If I decide to drink and then decide to get in my car, I have made two decisions and committed two actions. If I hit/run over a person and kill them, would I not be charged with manslaughter?

You do realize that drinking and driving is a crime in and of it don't you? So in fact you would have killed someone while already committing and illegal act which is why you would be charged.

People die everyday from car accidents maybe you should look at the statistics of how many get charged with manslaughter that are driving legally otherwise comparing DWI manslaughter to that case is a serious misrepresentation.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join