It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Trayvon Rioters" have shut down a freeway in LA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

I suggest you restudy law before making such silly comments. Trayvon Martin opened himself up to getting shot when he attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman had every right to shoot someone who was trying to kill him. Self defense is not murder.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by riffraff

The moment Zimmerman got out of his car (all thing considered) he was guilty of m murder. Those who think differently, support the idea that killing a human being can be based upon an assumption.

Any thoughts?

my thoughts:
there are three groups of people
1. those who got their information from watching the trial
2. those who got their information from watching the MSM's version of what happened at the trial
3. those who got their information from their lazy brained, racist friends who got their information from watching the MSM's version of what happened at the trial.are you number 2 or 3?

Baloney and to be clear you are in a car and you have a gun. You see a person that you think is suspicious so you call 911. From that point you get out of your car at night and while it was raining and you get involved. Despite the fact that in so far as a neighborhood watchman your responsibility ends by calling the police!!!

The moment Zimmerman got out of his car he went beyond the role of neighborhood watchman, that is what makes him guilty of murder in the second degree.

i live in a free country. i am free to get out of my car and walk around (as long as im not trespassing on private property).
if i get out of my car and walk down the streets of my neighborhood what laws have i broken?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The Martin family attorney(not the prosecutor) claims herself to be a "social engineer" per her own words. Bizarre. What does she think she is accomplishing? She is an attorney and yet she is refusing to accept the outcome of a trial by a jury of peers. Who is teaching these people law? I would be interested to know what law school she attended. It sounds like she is happy to facilitate riots via social engineering.
edit on 16-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Vrill
So it begins.............

"Trayvon Rioters" have shut down a freeway in LA, they are starting fights and throwing objects at cars. LAPD has issued a citywide alert.

Who else is pissed of at the fact people will riot over this but not do a thing about Obama and the elite destroying our country?

www.alipac.us...

Let's look at this in a realistic approach.

A predominantly black community stands for ONE of their own in a show of force and community.

And yet...

A predominantly Caucasian population is still standing on their laurels, twitter, FB and a few letters to protest their loss of freedoms, rights and liberties, Issues that ALL have a vested interest in.

Who would I have at my back?

No question.

They have a right to protest since no one was listening. Balls against the wall is the order of the day.

If only the rest of the Nation had the balls.

Peace

They did protest. And people did listen.

I barely know anything about this Zimmerman/Martin stuff, but I do know that Zimmerman is Hispanic, yet the vast majority thinks he was a white man committing a hate crime out of xenophobia. The fact of the matter is that there are people out there who HAVE done the research, and whichever way the case goes it's BECAUSE OF THOSE PEOPLE. Yet the superficial morality police have to turn this into a civil rights case despite the fact that both parties come from underprivileged minorities. The only reason this is allowed to occur is because of the abhorrent levels of stupidity and laziness in the people who claim to take an interest in this controversy because they willingly (and often times knowingly) subscribe to the non-intelligence sputtered out by some tool in a suit at CNN.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Apparently in Oakland, fires are being set, windows smashed, and cop cars getting graffitied. Sounds like a lot of pent up anger being unleashed. Not looking good.

Black leaders the President included should be calling for peaceful protests. If things get really out of hand over the coming week it will draw lines in the sand the winds of time will have a hard time filling in.

Do not give in to TPTB and let anarchy rule. This is what they want and are using the mainstream and social media to fuel it. A house divided can not stand for very long. We live in truly evil times. Apathy and fear are the weapons of choice these demons use.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
The Martin family attorney(not the prosecutor) claims herself to be a "social engineer" per her own words. Bizarre. What does she think she is accomplishing? She is an attorney and yet she is refusing to accept the outcome of a trial by a jury of peers. Who is teaching these people law? I would be interested to know what law school she attended. It sounds like she is happy to facilitate riots via social engineering.
edit on 16-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

She also launched her first attack on the jury tonight on Greta's show on Fox. Had been watching CNN and flipped the channel just in time to catch the rerun. Greta had Jasmine Rand on, one of Crump's associates, and she was full frontal on the jury.

Mind you, this was after a presser the first day of the trial where RJ testified, and Crump's other associate stated they had no problem with the jury.

Now, the jury was wrong, they made a mistake, they this, they that. Greta tore her a new one, reminding her both sides chose the jury, and that as an attorney, one should never rip on jurors. She then asked JR, "You are an attorney, aren't you?"

JR's excuse? "I haven't been an attorney as long as you."

IANAL, and even I know, you never rip on a jury.

Ironicaly, I predicted this exactly, from this exact group, only yesterday, in another thread. I gave them until Friday. They surprise even me.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yes, that is the program I saw where she described herself as a "social engineer". You have recounted the interview nicely.
I also saw Bob Beckel in his his usual rhetoric. He also has jumped on the bandwagon that the jury was wrong and called Zimmerman a murderer. I see a partisan hack in him in every show.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The protesters should wear V for Vendetta Masks...

Zimmerman got away with murder.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I know I'll be called a racist for this, but I don't care, I know I'm not a racist.

I wonder if there'd be such an uproar if George Zimmerman's name was Jorge Hernandez?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The question is this: Why is this a race issue? Who turned it into a race issue? Racists tuned it into a race issue.
And I don't give a dam what color your skin is.
"A rose, is a rose, is a rose."
And a racist, is a racist, is a racist - no matter what race or skin color.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

If I could give you a thousand stars, you'd have them right now. Unfortunately, you'll just have to be happy with the one, I guess.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaLyran
reply to post by watchitburn

The protesters should wear V for Vendetta Masks...

Zimmerman got away with murder.

You know that because you were there, right? No? Oh, then I guess you're just basing an opinion on emotion rather than reason. Why is it that you think that you have a better say in the matter than the jury in the trial?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Travon Martin was a member of that community . His father was a resident there and he had every right to live in that community. If Mr. Big shot Zimmerman was aware he was not actually a resident of that community and killed him because of such an assumption. He is guilty of killing a member of his community based on the idea
that he was not, when in reality he was a member of that community.

Travon Martin had every right to be where he was while George Zimmerman as a member of a neighborhood watch should never had left his car.

If Zimmerman had known that he would be assaulted by a violent, drug using, gang member wannabe, thieving thug that was going to double back to his car and beat him down he probably wouldn't have left his car. I mean forget that there was a string of thefts from the homes in the community, go ahead an forget that he saw someone walking under the porches of people homes which would look like casing. While it is tragic Travon died that night he was a thug and a punk, womens jewelry was found in his backpack at school during a search. I can only wonder what the defense would have presented in court against Travon's character if the judge would have admitted it. I don''t get it..... people are up in arms over the fact that justice was served per the statutes and obligations of our legal system... yet it is not good enough. Yes this is a case of racism, Travon was the racist, what a great way for that to bleed into those who are protesting this.. I guess they are racists as well. To all of those people "peacefully"protesting on the freeway in defense of a thug gang member wanna, I am just glad it didnt happen while I was driving because I may have been unable to break in time and run you down, but then again I guess it wouldn't be much of a loss. You Idiots!!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It was pretty clever having the verdict delivered on a weekend evening. No rioting as people are out having fun. Rodney King's verdict came in the afternoon on a workday, right before people got off work.....bad idea.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Think about it, people feel justified in protesting because the subtext of the verdict is that African American males have lost their civil rights...no matter who tries to detain them on the street -LEOs or ordinary citizens - they better comply or they may end up dead.
If that's not worth protesting, what is?

I would think all of the Constitutionalist and Libertarians on this board would support their cause. If not, I urge you to examine your real motive for mocking these mostly peaceful protests across the country.
edit on 7/15/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

I totally feel and understand their intention and plight.

However, it is extremely hard to take it seriously when none of the protesters are actually making any sense in terms of facts or valid reasoning.

Last night I was talking to my wife and I told her this:

This trial is roughly divided along party lines rather than race. The Democrats in general have taken one side, as the Republicans have taken the opposite. CNN vs FOX, etc.

The fact it is divided so well between party affiliations, reveals to me the possibility that it may be heavily manipulated or "directed" by an unsavory force. How can something like this (politics) "naturally" divide so perfectly? I would expect more diversity, but then again maybe we are so well programmed that we cannot help but divide ourselves along these lines because it's all we know?

So about the protests. As I said I understand why and what the goal is. But at the same time I am old enough to know better, and that protesting only gets people hurt in today's world. And it never really affects much change in the government or corporations per se, eg: Occupy, Tea Party, etc.

This is an example of our strategic failures and our ignorance.
When was the last mass boycott ? I don't even remember it's been so long.
Yet boycotts do work when it gets big. Money talks very loud.

Also to top it off, the mass threats of violence and the racist hate coming from all groups in society currently also prevents anyone from taking anyone else seriously currently. We are simply going to have to "cool off" as a society because this is just way too much currently. Death threats prove people are just mad and are not thinking clearly.

5 stages of Grief :
Denial
Anger
Depression
Bargaining
Acceptance

Right now we are merging from the Denial stage into the Anger stage. At least it appears that this system is somewhat accurate and working currently.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It was pretty clever having the verdict delivered on a weekend evening. No rioting as people are out having fun. Rodney King's verdict came in the afternoon on a workday, right before people got off work.....bad idea.

Good point.

Also notice the police were out in force, as if they were "ready" for all of this to go down.

I assume they have intel that helps determine when and where gatherings occur.

I am sure their presence played heavily into how things panned out.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Rioting deters from the cause. If they were to have a protest that would be a success in and of itself. After reading many of the tweets by African Americans it seems that they had no real sympathy for Trayvon but wanted to get something for nothing by way of looting. It's deplorable and speaks to the egotism and materialism that most of us have and others struggle with.

edit on 16-7-2013 by Nosce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaLyran

Zimmerman getting away with 'murder' does not give others the right to bring about more violence. Isn't that what all the fuss is about anyway? Violence begetting more violence in this situation is impractical and nonsensical.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What narks me about this whole thing are the lies and the motives..

Martin's star witness, the girl did the whole testimony thing out of loyalty to martin, when she sat on that witness chair she exuded lies and disrespect re colour. I accept her IQ was not stunningly high but she still managed to cobble together with help a little plan. Even on the Piers Morgan interview she sat and told 2 whopping lies, one about Martin's no interest in guns and how much weed he smoked. You could see by body language, eye movement, gestures and general discomfort at questions that those answers were lies. To be honest even without those things it was a clear lie re the weed because I live on an estate FULL of dealers and most if not all are off their tiny minds daily and not the two days a week she said, and we know Martin was a dealer of weed.

I've no doubt him and her were close but to attempt to rail road it out of loyalty was a poor choice, Martins team needed evidence and not a lack of common sense.

But what is my biggest nark are the lying hypocrites using the ill feeling to rob, loot and attack people, these people are saying its because they are black this is oppressing them (oh please) and people are racial towards them (cracker whitey anyone).

Sadly that is all just nonsense, the honest truth is many of these people were relying on Zimmerman winning the case so they had (for them) a genuine reason to commit criminality using the genuine protests as a cover for them. I'd bet for every real heartfelt protester there were 10 who simply were criminal thugs and thieves taking this as a chance to be violent to the Police and er 'crackers', to loot and steal while causing millions of dollars of damage and fee's to have extra Police around.

But instead when the camera is on them they cry foul using Trayvon's death as their excuse, hypocrites.

Are there racial issues in the US, obviously yes but its both sides at it and not the one sided way it used to be. Racism is a nasty ugly thing that should be long gone but now all parties are using it...Very sad, very dangerous.

Was Zimmerman innocent, I have no idea, the only two people who really know are either dead or free, personally I think it won't be long before Zimmerman is found dead, some vigilante will use their warped justice to right a wrong for the Black community but actually just sully their name by doing it.

As for Obama, he's played the race card on this since day one and should step away but instead he is attempting to use this to cement support for him and his policies which sadly for poor Black Americans, has done nothing for them bar buying votes with phones and disgusting give away events, voting for him because he's Black yet not understanding what he would do for them if elected.

Thankfully his popularity is waning and rightly so, numerous expensive holidays, his wife annoying the public with massively expensive shopping spree's and calling the White House a 'prison' were not clever choices, finally the people are seeing his lapse attitude towards the American way of life and his ever growing ultra close Radical Muslim links.

Yet again I say he is a trojan horse, TPTB mst be laughing themselves silly....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
The news here in D.C. Is trying to make a story about protests in the area. All they had was a video of 5 people waving signs on the sidewalk. Their conclusion: the public is angry, and you should be to, because we say so.

That's pretty much how it's been here in Florida during the whole trial. Watching the news you'd swear by the way they talked there was 100,000 people outside the courthouse.So not true.Living about 15 minutes away from the courthouse and out of curiousity I drove by.There wasn't more then ten-twenty people there. In other words this whole thing is one giant fluke

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join