It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't get away from religious crap

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm sorry... were we talking about Saudi? No? What does that have to do with the price of eggs in america? stay on track here... If you're refering to muslims in general... No.. they are NOT all like that. That's like saying all Christans belong to the Westbro Baptist Church. How ignorant of you.
reply to post by theRhenn

How ignorant of you to think that religion in your own little world doesn't affect everywhere else in the world. You are one voice amidst billions supporting the atrocities in the name of some imaginary god - all because you support religion, and the spread of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Christians are not suppose to be tolerant to sins.I won't say
anything more about this post.

I never said otherwise.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Seems like trolling. I'll take the bait.

I go on reddit alot for breaking world and science news and occasionally browse before going to sleep. That site is chalk full of atheists, the militant kind, and an atheist like comment always seems to pop up, and that's alright. I used to e one and understand the mindset with the emphasis on head insteadof heart/intuition.

You should look into Zen, they actually work on detachment from the part of you that's bothered by miniscule things.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is a topic I've studied a lot about . . . beliefs and values.

It is impossible to live without beliefs in something(s)

And intensely held beliefs with some sort of structured schema are typically called a religion.

I suppose one could become rich enough to buy an island . . . and live alone . . . but even there, one would likely have intensely held beliefs . . . or a religion.

Which . . . indicates . . . that it's rather hypocritical on the foundation to be so intolerant . . . evidently out of a pique against intolerance. LOL.

I just don't see it remotely realistic to avoid religion in any social context or society.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
All religions are destroying us. Religions cause war, fighting and hatred. ALL religions. Christianity is not ONE BIT better than Islam or any other religion. It's a fantasy to think otherwise.

And yet, in this country, we have the right to religion and expression of such.

I wish there was no such thing as religion, but this is the way it is.
edit on 7/13/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Hmmmmmm

Such egalitarian charitability above your COEXIST image! . . .

Which, itself, is rather . . . illogical . . .

Islam--particularly Saudi Wahhabi and Iran Suni . . . want to kill gays and Christians and pascifists. If Islam succeeded, Taoism and Paganism would die or convert. Pacifism can only offer non-violent resistance to Islam.

Islam has no trouble bloodily suppressing dissent so Pacifism would be wiped out. Homosexuality has largely been suppressed by all religions--which leaves it intolerant of Islam, Judiasm and Christianity.

Judaism is threatened by annihilation not only by Islam but also by Pacifism who supports Islam over Judism.

Paganism and Taoism are statistically miniscule but were needed to help the sticker make sense. Christianity is who the sticker is directed against but poses no natural-realistic or violent threat to the others.

i830.photobucket.com...

This image illustrates more the reality from the Muslim perspective:

img.photobucket.com...

All my better efforts at image posting via my photobucket acct seem to be failing today . . . so . . . sorry--just the links.

edit on 13/7/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by jiggerj

I used to be tolerant but I reached FULL several years ago. Now if someone says the word "Jesus" I want to stick my finger down my throat and throw up all over them all the while hoping I have had a good meal.

The religious don't understand how nauseating the repitition is. We've had 2000 years of the SOS. Enough.

He's a no-show.

Right there with ya! And, the sayings! Jesus loves you - what is hearing that supposed to do? Does it impart some secret, powerful message that will totally change our lives upon hearing it??? Jesus loves me, okay, and my colon feels blue today. It doesn't mean anything. Jeez!

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

I will take your silence as to my larger points to mean that you don't have a criticism of it.

No.. Take them as you not making sense. That's where the "are you kidding" came from.

Nothing of what you said had any basis at all. You're just pulling stuff out of your nether regions without any thought of what you're saying.

Which part do you need help understanding? Just reply with the number of the bullet point.

1. Jesus was murdered.
2. Jesus will only return when the world is at war.
3. Lasting Peace is only attainable through Jesus.
4. Any Lasting Peace before Jesus comes is a lie, and a sign of the Anti-Christ.

I would be happy to give you scripture versus to back up each of these bullet points.

1. So he was. What of it?
2. That is also true. What of it? Are you saying that we make war to make this happen? That's crazy talk if so. Hold on while I push my nuke button...
3. So it is. Again.. what of it? Are you saying that we should just give up and war? Is that what we're doing? Or... maybe, we're just trying to hold it together until someone worthy comes alone and takes care of it for us, since we're OBVIOUSLY not very good at it... That's my stance.
4. Perhaps... but have you seen any lasting peace since the foundation of the world? I'm sorry, I failed to find any proof of that ever taking place. Are you saying there has been?

So again.. I dont get your point. The rest you were pulling out of your butt. If you're trying to use any of these as a point, which I felt you were trying, it didn't connect. That's what I'm getting at.

Once again... Context is important. Why would you possibly ignore it? Oh yeah! To make your own point seem valid.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

I'm sorry... were we talking about Saudi? No? What does that have to do with the price of eggs in america? stay on track here... If you're refering to muslims in general... No.. they are NOT all like that. That's like saying all Christans belong to the Westbro Baptist Church. How ignorant of you.

How ignorant of you to think that religion in your own little world doesn't affect everywhere else in the world. You are one voice amidst billions supporting the atrocities in the name of some imaginary god - all because you support religion, and the spread of it.

Why would it? Oh yeah.. Because the athiest say so. You see... it wouldn't affect you unless you let it. When I'm sawing your head off and screaming some blood curling motto, then and only then could you say I've done otherwise. If I'm holding a sign and you attack me... apparently I touched a nerve that only YOU have personal issues with. Ya ever hear that old saying... "Why does it bother you? Are you feeling guilty about something?".

Lots of signs offend me and my belief. What makes you any better than me to say otherwise? Big difference is, I only bring them up if people like you complain that we're doing something to you... to prove a point to you.. Otherwise, I keep my mutterings to myself and dont try to bend people over to take it when they dont want or need it. I.. unlike many people around me.. actually consider the space of others, even if I dont like what you're doing. But, I will say, when it's shoved in my face, not written on a poster sign, do I say my peace.

If some guy is standing in the front of my home saying "god is dead - he doesnt exist", I'll simply just pray for the guy to see the light in his own time. All things in the timeframe and by the will of God. I dont need to go and preach to him. But if he asked me a question about God, I'd be happy to share what I know or what I think. If someone knocks on my door, which happens a bit, telling me that they are there to spread the word... I explain that I appreciate it, though our views probably wont be the same, but I welcome a descussion... and when they ask to take out my trash for me, I decline because I dont look at them as being below me. And I tell them just that. If they still want to come in and chat, I'd be happy to host. Even know I know they wouldn't take it, I'll offer a beer, a round of call of duity, or even to jam out on my guitar, or watch futurama.. my usual things... which they cant do, but I dont condem them for it, even though I dont agree with any of their religion, or believe in that bible they say is real.

So what's your problem?

Difference is.. Tolerance towards those equal to you. There are none on this earth who are not equal to me. it's true that I feel that not everyone is intitled to the same as me, but I am not intitled to the same as them either, when it comes to practices... But food, water, a home, life, love and song... they are all equal to me and I them.

So why should your opinion matter more than mine? Why should your religion or lack of matter more than mine?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

People have the freedom of speech in this country. If you don't like it, move somewhere where they don't.

We also have freedom of expression, so people should be able to express their love for one another by performing all kinds of sexual positions on the sidewalk by the local store. But wait, they'd get arrested for such freedom of expression. By the by, you posted pics of advertisements, not the melding of flesh doing the nasty in the park. Big difference.

I guess that within each so-called freedom there are still limits to what is publicly acceptable. And I'm saying that religious expression should be confined to the bedroom along with other certain freedoms of expression.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
It's hard to call yourself a Christian if you don't follow Jesus command to:

(Matthew 28:19, 20) 19Go therefore and make disciples , baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And, look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Jesus commanded his followers to seek out those who are inclined to respond to the "Good News" and them take the time to teach them what is required in order to be a follower of Christ.

Many people appreciate the personal interest shown to them and have benefited greatly because someone took the time to help. Fortunately we all have the freedom to choose for ourselves. No one though has the right not be be shielded from ideas that they don't agree with. Allowing others to exercise their rights even if we don't agree with their cause or opinion is the sign of a mature individual.

edit on 7/13/2013 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yet you're concerned about the Christians

Religion. And those that support religion. Not Christians.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I think you meant to say that religious expression should be confined
to the pulpit,not your front door.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

People have the freedom of speech in this country. If you don't like it, move somewhere where they don't.

We also have freedom of expression, so people should be able to express their love for one another by performing all kinds of sexual positions on the sidewalk by the local store. But wait, they'd get arrested for such freedom of expression. By the by, you posted pics of advertisements, not the melding of flesh doing the nasty in the park. Big difference.

I guess that within each so-called freedom there are still limits to what is publicly acceptable. And I'm saying that religious expression should be confined to the bedroom along with other certain freedoms of expression.

No we dont.. You're confusing rights, here.

Freedom of speech, of the press, of association, of assembly and petition -- this set of guarantees, protected by the First Amendment, comprises what we refer to as freedom of expression. There is no stand alone freedom of expression. What you're confusing it with are Speech, Press, Assosiation of assembly and petition... THESE are considered freedom of expression.

There you go twisting things around again.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

The current Christian brand of recruitment is the equivalent of being bent over a table against one's will and while the assailant pumps away he screams "JEE-zus! JEE-zus! JEE-zus!"

It isn't pleasant for the recipient.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yet you're concerned about the Christians . . . who have built more hospitals and schools than any other value orientation in the history of man. Evidently hospitals and schools don't rank as high with you as personal bias and personal pique.

Governments. Governments have built more local colleges. I know of probably twenty-five hospitals in my area, one with religious backing.

Our secular government also gives retired people a monthly paycheck, helps the sick and needy, and supplies grants and loans to worthy causes.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Our secular government also gives retired people a monthly paycheck, helps the sick and needy, and supplies grants and loans to worthy causes.

Charities do that with DONATIONS. Governments do that with TAXES and threat of IMPRISONMENT. Big difference.

Loans like Solyndra?
edit on 13-7-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

The current Christian brand of recruitment is the equivalent of being bent over a table against one's will and while the assailant pumps away he screams "JEE-zus! JEE-zus! JEE-zus!"

It isn't pleasant for the recipient.

I don't know what you have been exposed to, but I have never seen anything close to what you are describing. Maybe I have led a sheltered life though. What I have seen is that if someone doesn't want to listen then can walk away, or close their door, whatever the case may be.
edit on 7/13/2013 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It appears that there's some serious cognitive dissonance going on here.

I don't think you can live by your own preferences in such regards.

RELIGION = (essentially) codified, strongly held BELIEFS, VALUES. Period.

You obviously have some RELIGIOUS, STRONGLY HELD BELIEFS AND VALUES. Obviously.

Do you REALLY THINK that you arrived at such beliefs and values FROM ONLY WITHIN THE CONFINES OF

YOUR BEDROOM?

According to your own standard, we should, in your behalf, ask the ET critters to come into your bedroom while you sleep and ERASE everything in your brain that you learned outside of your bedroom.

I'd love to watch you when you awoke.

According to your own standard . . . everyone should be reduced to a kind of wispy foggy, uncommitted, uncaring, unknowing (maybe beyond an occasional very slightly energized temporary guess?), unemotional, insignificant, . . . . kind of mental mush without a backbone nor strongly held value observable between the ears or under the hair.

That would make for interesting family and social, cultural fabric . . . for a few minutes or days.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That is the ferocity with which I have been approached by Christians seeking to bring me to the cause. Their vehemence has made me utterly hostile to anything remotely religious and allergic to charity of any kind.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Yet you're concerned about the Christians . . . who have built more hospitals and schools than any other value orientation in the history of man. Evidently hospitals and schools don't rank as high with you as personal bias and personal pique.

Governments. Governments have built more local colleges. I know of probably twenty-five hospitals in my area, one with religious backing.

Perhaps my poor writing was not clear enough for maximum comprehension.

Please re-read these phrases:

[color=6699FF]than any other value orientation in the history of man

What precisely would you say is THE (singular) value orientation of government?

In Islam--OK, politics and religion are merged.

And, I suppose one could assert that the value orientation of NWO globalist government we have now is to worship government enroute to worshiping satan. True enough.

However, You don't seem to be considering

1. In the 3rd world--the charity in behalf of the poor with hospitals and schools--for most of the last century plus outstripped any governmental efforts toward such.

2. Churches et al delivered [color=6699FF]enormously more bang for the buck in terms of good delivered to EACH recipient . . . . and usually without anything near the level of corrupt hangers on that seem to almost always attach to government tits and tit dispensers.

But hey, if your RELIGION leaves you loving the corrupt government deliverers of goodies above all others--
that's your right.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62
[more

Ok,after reading this I think it is time for me to make like a tree.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join