It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Republican Introduces Bill To Ban LGBT Rainbow Flag From Public Buildings

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by LightOrange

He went to another country and served the government for their interests because the TV told him it was patriotic.

Had war broken out here in 1950, who do you think would have been here defending this ground?

Second Try:

Is the answer: A Homophobe?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

He went to another country and served the government for their interests because the TV told him it was patriotic.

Had war broken out here in 1950, who do you think would have been here defending this ground?

Certainly not the people in Korea.... because they'd be in Korea.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Is the answer: You?

The answer is the veteran in the OP who doesn't like funny flags flying over public property.

I wasn't born for a couple more decades. Nice jab though!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The answer is the veteran in the OP who doesn't like funny flags flying over public property.

It would've been pretty interesting to see him try and do that from Korea.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Nah, he was in Korea defending our freedoms, remember?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Certainly not the people in Korea.... because they'd be in Korea.

Well, if the defense of this country was left to some of the people in this thread, I bet you'd be begging real men in Korea to come bail you out.

You know how it is! Everybody hates the Police (or military) until you need them!!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

You know how it is! Everybody hates the Police (or military) until you need them!!

In which cause, we all die.

'Cause they're in Korea.
edit on 8-7-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but... despite how ATS tends to lean towards this conclusion because it tends to sway towards a certain political faction, I don't see this law passing regarding gay people in these changing times. It's not fair, I agree (assuming that what you're saying is true about other factions actually HAVING AN EVENT IN THAT AREA)... but us queers have GLAAD to misrepresent us with their adolescent nonsense and make gay people seem to be whiney, self-centered hooligans.

I just will never be able to understand why the hell anyone would think it's inappropriate to fly a flag that symbolizes an event that is taking place IN THAT AREA. It makes no damn sense.

All that being said, though, you'd have to have a reading disability not to think this guy is anti-gay and really doesn't give two craps about any other flags that fly in government-owned areas.

Well, first, I appreciate the fact you're able to keep the debate above the personal and the petty. Not everyone is capable of mature discussion on this topic, sadly, as other msgs in this thread demonstrate. It's appreciated.

Second, I'd say we do agree on the basics.; You're not bursting my Bubble in that I dont' really expect this to pass, nor do I want it to. It would be better if such things never came up EITHER way, but they do and so, moments like this DO serve to remind an aggressive Gay activist community that the OTHER 95% of America, who isn't Gay, is not 100% openly accepting.

I have EVERY RIGHT to practice my Wiccan faith, too, for example. Same 1st Amendment rights and I could do so in a public park here if I chose to. I'd do so knowing I'd have troubles and would basicalluy be forming a protest not a worship. Such is life being in a SUPER-Minority belief among a deep deep red Christian area of the nation. I live with that for what and who I am. Gay, at least among the flaming activist side, CHOOSE not to make the same accommodations to the majority and instead DEMAND the majority accommodate THEM.

Well.. lots of luck on that. (We could all just stop highlighting our differences with a hardcore "like it or shut up and sit down" attitude behind them .....but that would be a peaceful approach and those running this dog and pony show NEED us to stay at each other's throats)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by redoubt

It doesn't have to because inevitably religion will die.

I hope that you decide not to kill yourself when you lose your faith.

The only inevitability in life is... well, physical death and due to that assurance, why should I (or anyone) speed the process?

As for faith? Time will tell...

Care for a beer? Take a load off. Think of something nice for all your fellow human beings

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Man.

The Progressives are out in force.

That guy doesn't speak for ALL Military members, lets not forget that.

Lets keep Government out of our lives, our bathrooms, and beds, and most importantly, out of our pocketbooks!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by seabag

Man.

Lets keep Government out of our lives, our bathrooms, and beds, and most importantly, out of our pocketbooks!

Well, it’s the double standard that bothers me.

The same crowd wiping their tears today defending this flag would be up in arms (well not literally because they are anti-2nd amendment
) if a group of Rednecks wanted to fly the confederate flag on the same flag pole.

edit on 8-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I thought the First Amendment addressed the Freedon OF Speech, not the Freedom FROM Speech..

Ask them?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Man.

The same crowd wiping their tears today defending this flag would be up in arms (well not literally because they are anti-2nd amendment
) if a group of Rednecks wanted to fly the confederate flag on the same flag pole.

Brother.

America is "polarized" with Double Standards....

Just ask our President. Gay rights in the Military, but lets keep the Wars going, after he promised to end them.

Or this guy introducing a bill.

Hypocrisy abounds in this Country, and its designed straight from the top of the giant Pyramid scheme in DC.

I would rather have them figuring out how to pass budget, but Meh...........................

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Gay, at least among the flaming activist side, CHOOSE not to make the same accommodations to the majority and instead DEMAND the majority accommodate THEM.

Well in a lot of the other places it's a matter of opinion. Religion for example, is what you believe. It's something you adhere to based on an opinion you have on the meanings and origins of life.

To gay people it's not really a matter of opinion since it's simply who they are. So I think that's the basis of their self-justification of their hostility. It's no excuse for not being accepting of other peoples' views, though.

I also wouldn't say that they choose not to make accommodations for the majority, because I honestly don't think the majority is neccessarily "for" a lot of the things that gay people rail the hardest against. The exceptions being organisations like GLAAD who are just looking for any outlet to get publicity by being racy.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Man.

Not true at all.

Have you been reading any of my posts or are you just that partisan that you don't think anyone could possibly have an opinion that doesn't adhere to your silly, really rather adolescent, preconceived idea of the type of person who disagrees with you?

I'm gay, and against this issue, and guess what? I don't give a damn if you want to fly the confederate flag. I'd actually consider myself more of a libertarian than anything to be honest.

Actually, two weeks ago I was at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert and they were waving the thing all over the place and where do you think I was? In the front row with my rock face on. Where I best be for $90 a ticket.

Try harder please.

You're dead wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I have to ask this...did you just make this word up,gaycist?,I have never heard
of this word before.I was under the impression that the correct term is homophobes!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

LO,

There are MANY radicals on many fronts that have a fair share of blame and pull when it comes down to it.

There are those who are everyone's face about their "rights" and how people should perceive them. There are those that find the Confederate Flag offensive. Those that wouldn't be caught dead flying a Rainbow flag. I have flown both, but on my time. I consider myself conservative, but have no problem seeing Andy Bell at Pride Fest.
Its when politicians who need to make a stink about something they might find offensive, just to garner their kind of support.

It works both ways in the Political World, and its a game that's been played for years. Progressives love to play this game too.

edit on 8-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I have to say, I've carefully noticed your changing of 'person' from first to third and then back to first again as you talk. It's suggesting you also see a very clear line between the average Gay or Lesbian person, living their life and trying to live a good one like everyone else, I suspect ....and those 'in your face' groups who, right or wrong, feel it's time to not just get equal but go BEYOND in some misguided notion of social payback or something.

I think the first group of normal folks who happen to be gay make up a small % of society and always have. Clear back to Caveman days, I'd think. There is nothing to "accept" as they aren't "different" until or unless they MAKE themselves different by personal action. Otherwise? Hell, they're just regular people who have a very different personal life than mine.

The SECOND group of flaming activists are those who turn nice, mild mannered bunnies like me with all my tolerance and civility into raging, ranting and pissed off rabbits who really do get sick of ENDLESSLY hearing about the needs of a very narrow, very specific and very self absorbed segment of society.

The plight of the Gays isn't a happy one ...but in a world of injustice? It ranks right up there in relative horror with seeing the maker of Twinkies having to close down....for most people. Not good or bad. Just indifferent. Perhaps that fact is what pisses off the activists more than anything. For the few who really fight them and give them a reason to thrive? The majority honestly don't care either way. Apathy hurts for them, I'll bet.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It's not just from public buildings, but ANY public venue, like the park.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

It's more of a pun/parody on terms than anything. It's meant to be humourous.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join