It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Republican Introduces Bill To Ban LGBT Rainbow Flag From Public Buildings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I just happen to be a baby boomer and I also have bigger fish to fry other then
the gay community and their rainbow flag flapping in the wind.

This is political and because like global warming and so many other things, it has become politicized, it also becomes nasty.

We have lost touch with how to respect with those whom we do not see eye-to-eye. No longer do we recognize their rights as we do our own...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Surprised the LGBT community is still toting the rainbow since it's a symbol of the Noahide covenant, given from a God who finds homosexuality disgusting. Jokes on them.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

ALWAYS baby boomers... not occasionally, not mostly... but ALWAYS. That is, by definition, stereotyping, thank you.

When was the last time you heard someone under the age of 30 get all anti-gay who wasn't a brainwashed kid from the Phelps family trotting around with the WBC?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

Originally posted by redoubt

ALWAYS baby boomers... not occasionally, not mostly... but ALWAYS. That is, by definition, stereotyping, thank you.

When was the last time you heard someone under the age of 30 get all anti-gay who wasn't a brainwashed kid from the Phelps family trotting around with the WBC?

Sadly, I hear more often than I want to.. however, I would open your definition up to any religion, as the most I get it from are Catholics.

link   

edit on 8-7-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by LightOrange

it represents everyone of all colours and all denominations -- united.

So does this one:

link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Surprised the LGBT community is still toting the rainbow since it's a symbol of the Noahide covenant, given from a God who finds homosexuality disgusting. Jokes on them.

Oh please. The rainbow is a symbol of so many different things I can't even believe you'd be ridiculous enough to go there. The original flag was actually 8 colours and included turquoise and hot pink. The fabric colours weren't heavily stocked, though, so they were phased out.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

A cross will represent all the bad and good things the religion has done. If its on a person, its not a problem, if its on a building, that means that building condones that religion's actions.

So what is gay people doing? Hey am all for straight people flag if there is one.. or flag for Lamborghini.. or a delicious Steak(i'm sure vegetarian wont be offended).

Its like saying you are offended because a bakery advertise for organic food lovers and the regulars.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

People grow with their own opinions. My gawd, if we all held firm to what Granny Mom and Pop taught us... all 50 states would have slavery and alcohol would be illegal.

Use your head... set aside the politics

Everyone of every age is an individual... as unique as their fingerprints. Stereotyping complete strangers is the job of inquisitions and political gladiators.

Be a human being. Once you see how unique you are, you realize how unique and special each other person is. Don't judge in mass.

link   
reply to post by redoubt

Religion is a disease. Its symbols are an embarrassment to any society that erects them.

When I have children I plan to take them to the remaining religious displays so we can laugh at, and mourn for, the deluded idiots we once shared a planet with.
edit on 8-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

link   

He fought in the Korean war.

That is not a sacrifice for America... Except that WE had to sacrifice tax dollars to pay him.

He served his country and put his own freedom and life on hold to do so.

Something many shallow, self-indulgent people will never understand.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

All of what you said is up to the single person looking on... not a hundred others, not a thousand, not a million.

Judging en mass is no better than those who hate based on sexual preference. Can't you see that it is the same mind set that creates the opposing camps?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Honestly I don't know how to make this any clearer to you:

Saying that all anti-homosexual ranters are baby boomers is not the same as saying all baby boomers are anti-homosexual ranters.

Nobody thinks that all baby boomers are gaycist.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

He fought in the Korean war.

That is not a sacrifice for America... Except that WE had to sacrifice tax dollars to pay him.

He served his country and put his own freedom and life on hold to do so.

Something many shallow, self-indulgent people will never understand.

He went to another country and served the government for their interests because the TV told him it was patriotic.

Something another brainwashed hooligan with a shaved head and a gun pushing government agendas across the globe wouldn't understand.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by redoubt

Religion is a disease. Its symbols are an embarrassment to any society that erects them.

When I have children I plan to take them to the remaining religious displays so we can laugh at, and mourn for, the deluded idiots we once shared a planet with.
edit on 8-7-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

If you can paste that much to a simple concept... then my time here is a waste. You will judge people by their faith, not who they are. You will apply what happened over centuries against people alive today. You will choose enemies not by who they are, but by the pendant they may wear around their neck.

I hope this changes for you .

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Aren't there more important things to do?

I mean really?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

He went to another country and served the government for their interests because the TV told him it was patriotic.

Had war broken out here in 1950, who do you think would have been here defending this ground?

Something another brainwashed hooligan with a shaved head and a gun pushing government agendas across the globe wouldn't understand.

I’m well aware of agendas, young lady. Who would know better than someone who actually put their life on hold to serve an agenda other than their own selfish agenda?

edit on 8-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

It doesn't have to because inevitably religion will die.

I hope that you decide not to kill yourself when you lose your faith.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Had war broken out here in 1950, who do you think would have been here defending this ground?

Is the answer: You?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join