It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Republican Introduces Bill To Ban LGBT Rainbow Flag From Public Buildings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

Not true at all.

Have you been reading any of my posts or are you just that partisan that you don't think anyone could possibly have an opinion that doesn't adhere to your silly, really rather adolescent, preconceived idea of the type of person who disagrees with you?

I'm gay, and against this issue, and guess what? I don't give a damn if you want to fly the confederate flag. I'd actually consider myself more of a libertarian than anything to be honest.

Actually, two weeks ago I was at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert and they were waving the thing all over the place and where do you think I was? In the front row with my rock face on. Where I best be for $90 a ticket.

Try harder please.

You're dead wrong.

Dude, the guy didn’t like what he saw, he voiced his concerns with his local councilman and the councilman is trying to draft a law. The same thing happens every time someone doesn’t like something. You just happen to sympathize with this issue so you’re all butt hurt about it. BOO HOO!

Mr. Green is well within his rights to be disgusted by your flag and to petition his councilman. The 10th Amendment protects a states right to address anything not specifically mentioned in the constitution. Last time I checked, the constitution doesn’t uphold the right to bear gay flags.

What’s the problem? This is really more of RANT than a serious political issue.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What petty and pathetic little homophobes.

It's ironic to hear a so-called veteran trying to remove the freedoms of other citizens. I thought people supposedly serve to protect the freedoms of their fellow citizens?

That veteran is an embarrassment.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
So now Yoga is religious? and being Gay is religious as well?

Man they bring you to their level of expertise and beat you with stupidity.

Actually Yoga is a part of Hinduism.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I don't agree with the veterans reasonings behind it however I agree that any nongovernmental flag shouldn't be hanging on public flag poles. Think about in reverse, if it were a KKK flag or anti-gay flag. Government isn't supposed to represent any group over another. This has nothing to do with gay rights, even though the sentiment behind the complaint is anti-gay.

I can agree with this statement. As long as the rule is applied consistently to everyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
only flags on public property should be US and State flags

I think municipal flags are okay as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

What petty and pathetic little homophobes.

What does that even mean, really?

It's ironic to hear a so-called veteran trying to remove the freedoms of other citizens. I thought people supposedly serve to protect the freedoms of their fellow citizens?
What freedom was violated? The guy voiced his opinion. All kinds of laws are passed that I disagree with and that I believe go against the Constitution (Obamacare, NDAA, Patriot Act, ect). If you have an issue, take it up with the guy proposing the law rather than the guy who suggested it.

That veteran is an embarrassment.

In your opinion…

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I like how you quoted my post that refuted your silly partisan stereotype and you went off in a whole other direction with another silly partisan stereotype.

He can try to pass the law. I'm not butt hurt about it (it takes a lot to hurt this butt).

He is within his rights to try and pass his silly potential law, and I am within my rights to criticize his silly potential law and scrutinize it.

I highly doubt the law will pass, not only because I think the control over which flag is flown where and all that tripe s just nonsense, but also because the manner in which he is approaching it comes of incredibly anti-homosexual and he isn't really making a strong case for why it should be passed. He's just saying "it's offensive" and then quickly hiding being "DAMMIT I'M A WAR VETERAN". The guy sounds like a moronic bigot, and he's probably not going to be received well.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I like how you quoted my post that refuted your silly partisan stereotype and you went off in a whole other direction with another silly partisan stereotype.

Quote’s please….

He can try to pass the law. I'm not butt hurt about it (it takes a lot to hurt this butt).
You’re criticizing a citizen for petitioning his councilman. It’s none of your business! You disagree with him and you’re butt hurt, obviously, or you wouldn’t be on here ranting.

He is within his rights to try and pass his silly potential law, and I am within my rights to criticize his silly potential law and scrutinize it.

Absolutely…but call it a rant.

I highly doubt the law will pass, not only because I think the control over which flag is flown where and all that tripe s just nonsense, but also because the manner in which he is approaching it comes of incredibly anti-homosexual and he isn't really making a strong case for why it should be passed. He's just saying "it's offensive" and then quickly hiding being "DAMMIT I'M A WAR VETERAN". The guy sounds like a moronic bigot, and he's probably not going to be received well.

You are confused. You’re mixing up Mr Green and the councilman. Mr Green is the veteran and he drafted no law.

edit on 8-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You know what disturbs me the most, is that instead of saying lets protect the freedoms of the people by making sure we allow everyone the right to fly their flag during their event, or just be able to utilize their freedom of expression and speech by allowing Everyone the right to fly their flag,

instead they want to enact a law to ban it, they would rather utilize Government control and suppression, and people are for it.

if this were a religious flag and a Gay group wanted to ban it people would be outraged, the 'Gays' are trying to control America and suppress the 'freedom of religion' but since this is a 'Minority' and we are the 'Minority' it's easier to ban it

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
This man is ridiculous. I find it very ironic that he uses the rhetoric of "I didn't go fight for our freedoms to... (insert nonsense here)"

First of all, the Korean war had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with "fighting for our country".

Second of all, if someone was truly "fighting for freedom", why are they now trying to restrict freedoms?

please show me a single war since 1776 that was actually for our freedom.. not holding my breathe mate.

on topic,

Why does this 'community' insist on drawing attention to itself.

GAY? fine, great, have at it! all you want.. just not my thing OK?

the reason for all the celebrations, festivals, parades, etc has to be for attention?? i cant think of what else..

...................PARADIGM SHIFT IN PROGRESS>>> here.
I just realized something.. GAY members. please confirm or dispute..

we have religion to mostly thank for this whole anymosity issue anyway..
In the "early days" when i was a kid circa 1979. i learned what the word "Bachelor" meant to many little Old Jewish ladies (like my granny! whom I adored), it meant gay!..not that at 4 I understood that..lol

I said I wanted to be a bachelor when i grow up, because the ones i see have boats, nice cars, dress real nice, and get to play as grown ups!. well, within 2 weeks of our rounds, my granny and I, of having tea with her gossip crew, i must have heard the story over and over..my cheeks were pinched a hundred times and "oh a little bachelor huh? how dandy.." as they laughed off,

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

You know what disturbs me the most, is that instead of saying lets protect the freedoms of the people by making sure we allow everyone the right to fly their flag during their event, or just be able to utilize their freedom of expression and speech by allowing Everyone the right to fly their flag,

instead they want to enact a law to ban it, they would rather utilize Government control and suppression, and people are for it.

if this were a religious flag and a Gay group wanted to ban it people would be outraged, the 'Gays' are trying to control America and suppress the 'freedom of religion' but since this is a 'Minority' and we are the 'Minority' it's easier to ban it

The constitution upholds the protected free speech (and expression) of religions. It’s doesn’t say anything about gay flag rights.

The real issue is why do gays have to be so “in your face” with it? In sports that would be considered ‘unsportsmanlike conduct’ and they would be shunned. When gays do it, everyone opposed is a homophobe.

Get a grip! Fly your flag at home or on your car. Tax payer funded flag poles aren't for your political statements.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This guy needs to shut up with is "Several of us Veterans" BS. You know what pal? There are several Veterans, myself included, who would disagree with you and don't want people like you speaking for us.

"I didn't fight for our freedoms to be subjected to this." What a stupid remark. Here's a quote that you may recognize, that I will leave you with. "We hold these truths to be self evident that ALL men are created equal,"

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
So you suggest those who have sacrificed should keep their opinion to themselves and keep on sacrificing for others while those who haven’t can continue to abuse the freedoms they did nothing to earn? Got it!

I think that if you take an oath to fight for a country and defend the people that live in it, then that means ALL of the people in the country, not just the ones you decide it applies to.

You've got me confused with your comment - what abuse of freedom is occurring here by the way? Do tell.
edit on 8/7/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by luciddream
So now Yoga is religious? and being Gay is religious as well?

Man they bring you to their level of expertise and beat you with stupidity.

Actually Yoga is a part of Hinduism.

Oops meant the Americanized Yoga, that does NOT teach you religion.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I think that if you take an oath to fight for a country and defend the people that live in it

They take an oath to the protect the US constitution;

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Oath

So help me GOD.

Whoops so much for that 'separation of church and state'.

The constitution is 'gender neutral' the people more specifically politicians in government pick winners, and losers, and make people feel the need for 'government' to make them feel special.

The constitution is a protection from Government, and from the people themselves.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

that is your belief fine, but we are protected under the constitution "All men created equal"

this argument of 'Stop throwing it in my face' is all i hear on these forums, that again falls under freedom of expression, it's hypocritical to pick and select who gets freedoms and who doesn't, i will defend your freedom of thought,belief, speech, and expression, but i am afforded the same

we pay the same taxes as you

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree with you 100%, one thing is to recognize same couple marriages and what ever they think is right for them under the law, but another one is to push flags of distinction in buildings? what in the hell that has to do with getting rights under the law.

I don't go around pushing heterosexual flags in building to show that I am one.
I don't get it. Don't get me wrong I love their parades, but darn don't try to shove the flag up our rears now please.

Fight for you rights under the law not parading flags around with rainbows, darn are we back into rainbow bright theme gear for children again?

I remember decorating my daughter's room back in the 80s with rainbows themes, but it had nothing to do with LGBT support.

edit on 8-7-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
reply to post by seabag

that is your belief fine, but we are protected under the constitution "All men created equal"

this argument of 'Stop throwing it in my face' is all i hear on these forums, that again falls under freedom of expression, it's hypocritical to pick and select who gets freedoms and who doesn't, i will defend your freedom of thought,belief, speech, and expression, but i am afforded the same

we pay the same taxes as you

What freedoms are being denied?

What?

They love who they want, they sleep with who they want they do pretty much everything other people do.

Honestly I agree with S tired of group after group endlessly crying how 'oppressed' they are.

Who the hell needs governments permission to live their lives how they want to?

Oh they already do live their lives how they WANT to.

The Issue is the government perks so fine GET government the hell out of 'marriage' then people will stop crying about it.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i wasn't talking about the rights we 'have' or don't have, when people say 'Stop throwing it in my face' i'm saying we are afforded the same rights of expression and speech as you,

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Neo, I understand where you're coming from. However, what's the big deal about allowing marriage benefits to homosexuals?

Sure you could say that people would only do if for the money, and sure, that will happen some. However, considering the success rate of marriage in general these days, it seems that most people are doing it for money anyway.

Why not let them have some paper making their marriage official?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join