It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious will be a global minority by 2025

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Dynamike

"Religious will be a global minority by 2025"

Thank God!

... oh wait.

ZING!

That being said I do not see this working out as well as certain staunch atheists in this thread do. I have read the literature of the Royal Society concerning eugenics and their involvement in pushing trans humanism and it screams bad news.

Why the 'F' would we allow all the useless eaters to live?

EDIT
Logically speaking most people are completely useless in pushing science forward which will become the single necessity for being allowed to live, otherwise you would be a waste of resources.
EDIT

Sure wish science could explain consciousness though . . .
edit on 8-7-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

God IS the world, natural law, and God is simultaneous beyond it's limitations. That's my philosophy. Why do I believe this? Because I feel it. It resonates with me.

That's a bad reason to believe anything, this is exactly why religion is a disease.

Such statements deserve to be ridiculed and insulted. Only in religion can someone say something so childish and be respected for it.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

God IS the world, natural law, and God is simultaneous beyond it's limitations. That's my philosophy. Why do I believe this? Because I feel it. It resonates with me.

That's a bad reason to believe anything, this is exactly why religion is a disease.

Such statements deserve to be ridiculed and insulted. Only in religion can someone say something so childish and be respected for it.

Do you really think you should be respected for what you are saying?

You come across as quite hateful and bitter and I personally cannot imagine the world being a better place with religion gone when people like you are what will be left.

Just my 2 cents here.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Religion is of man. It is a set of beliefs.
Science is a religion which tells you that man evolved from a monkey or slime, and this most preposterous of claims isn't childish????
Have you not noticed that science is just that, and that it's adherents demonise all who reject it, as heretics?
This shows you that "scientism", as it moves itself further and further into the supernatural and occult metaphysical beliefs, is but an extension of the dark and middle ages characteristic of the RCC? It is your science that declares mysterious "forces" as it's god, yet, you think that you are "non-religious". You bow to it. hate to break it to you - popular science is a religion. You just cannot see it, therefore cannot even think to judge it's fruit - declaring unborn babies not to be life, creating weapons of mass destruction, genetically modifying all forms of life as we know it, destroyers of man. And you put your faith in it. Popular science today is eastern RELIGION disguised as science. Do you not see freemasonry stamped all over NASA then not wonder why its "findings" are slowly but surely bringing its worshippers around to its god of forces as it routinely speaks more and more of an "invisible force or hand" or "consciousness" in the universe? Yet you still think science isn't a RELIGION? All they did was convince you of their definition of religion and from that, you no longer can perceive what religion IS.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

And this my friends is what I call hope. Hope that we will no longer have a society bound by the "moral" constraints placed on science and politics that have been dictated by religion, for example gay marriage and cloning. We will now begin to govern ourselves based on our own accepted laws and codes based on logic and reasoning.

LOL. Funny you should say that. The bible says people would say what you have said.

2 Tim 4:1-4

1I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: 2 Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.

Govern yourselves based upon your own desires, like an animal devoid of any sense of morality, using the tissues of murdered unborn babies to further your perverse "sciences". Science itself is just a tool, what you would do with it is what makes it evil.

"Based on logic and reasoning?" There is nothing logical in what you propose, it is nothing but smoke and mirrors. You steal hope and deliver death while promoting your Frankenstein lack of ethics.

Sure, it is logic and reasoning that tells me killing a child for verbally or physically abusing their parents (Exodus 21:15, Proverbs 20:20,Leviticus 20:9), killing a person who is gay (Leviticus 20:13), selling your child into slavery (Exodus 21:7-11), or killing a womans family and taking her as a sex slave (Deuteronomy 21:10-14) is morally wrong. Yet according to the Bible's standards of morality it is not. Unless you try to apply the ten commandments and then you can not kill. Then you just have conflict. That must mean that one of those scripture are wrong right? Well since you seem to like 2 Timothy lets look at chapter 3:16. Hmm it says that ALL scriptures are inspired by God. So confusing...

Well if we look past these things I would like to present you with another point. The fact that our laws and ethics have attained a higher standard than that which is in the Bible should tell you something. But you can go ahead and say that the Bibles ethics are the right way. Well I encourage you to go kill Ellen Degeneres in the name of God and see how quick you get to go see your judgement day.

The fact is we don't need the Bible. It has no laws or ethics that we can look up to. We have surpassed them with our current ethical standards (not that we all obey those but the standards are there). The fact that I live in the time when gay marriage is outlawed makes me feel like I am living in the age when blacks and women's rights laws were violated. Actually womens rights are still violated in the area of abortion (thanks again to religion).

People will cling on to their belief system for a few more generations. But know this. There is nothing you can do to stop the spread of human knowledge and self discovery. We will take back our rights to do whatever we want to our bodies. The rights to explore "playing god" in the field of genetics. We will ascend and the force of scientific discovery will prevail.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Originally posted by smithjustinb

"Religious will be a global minority by 2025"

Thank God!

... oh wait.

ZING!

That being said I do not see this working out as well as certain staunch atheists in this thread do. I have read the literature of the Royal Society concerning eugenics and their involvement in pushing trans humanism and it screams bad news.

Why the 'F' would we allow all the useless eaters to live?

EDIT
Logically speaking most people are completely useless in pushing science forward which will become the single necessity for being allowed to live, otherwise you would be a waste of resources.
EDIT

Sure wish science could explain consciousness though . . .
edit on 8-7-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

When robots take over the work force, our contribution to society will be getting an education.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

How many people who get an "education" today apply it well to their field of study

Yea, no. Most of these universities are pushing propaganda, and dumbed down lessons to a people who usually have no place getting a "higher education".

Most people are absolutely worthless as far as contributing to society.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Religion is the opiate that creates drug crazed hordes bent on death and destruction to facilitate thier own sad, delusion of immortality. Know not that ye are Gods already? Why subjugate your spirit with this religious drivel?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So you believe in an entity of conscious, distinct awareness that deliberately manipulates the threads of existence? Or is "god" just your word for a physical law that forms the basis for all other laws?
edit on 8-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
We must learn what and who we really are and brake the chains of your rulers.

The God Within. God is Consciousness.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Gallop polls are hardly indications of reality, but it's a good sign. People are beginning to look to logic, rationality and objectivity now rather than ancient outdated fairy tales.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Science is a good thing . But there is so much that the scientist admit that they really don't know . One thing is how life began on earth or for that fact anywhere in space . Then the extremes of space life as we know it can not exist . Even comets and asteroids are under those extremes of temperature , time , no oxygen and radiation that will kill even frozen things . Then comets hitting out atmosphere are super heated and vaporized killing everything that could be frozen in them.
Scientist make vast statements of possibilities but until proven are just theories , such as Black Holes , worm holes, the big bang theory and Evolution .
Those UFOs that our scientist are starting to admit to existing for whatever purpose now was told about in the Bible when Elijah was taken up on a Fiery Chariot with horses of fire . I suppose that was the best that they could describe it back then from the highest technology of that day
So until you can explain how the DNA/RNA was assembled and then inserted into a living cell and fed with whatever dirt and rocks that existed then because plants are also life , You can't dismiss God .And keep in mind that the single celled amoeba had a very intricate DNA strand .The fact is there is no irrefutable proof that God does not exist and did not put us here on this rock and placed upon us the commandments and laws by which to live .The fact is that Science just does not have the answers and most are looking to a God creature themselves for answers .
He who first laughs may not laugh last .

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Proof that people are may be getting smarter!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

No, that's not how science works. They aren't just brainstorming and coming up with possibilities. They are looking at physical evidence and following where it points. Theories in science are backed by substantial evidence that can be verified by repeated experiment. Such is true with big bang, evolution, gravity, etc. People are finally breaking the cycle of indoctrination (which is a sickening practice) and thinking for themselves. The more science learns, the more people are realizing that god as defined in those archaic religions is not a realistic concept nor is it necessary. "Science doesn't know XYZ" or "You can't prove god doesn't exist" isn't an argument for the existence of god. It just means science doesn't yet know. You are welcome to speculate and make it your faith, but it is indeed speculation.
edit on 8-7-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The bible also says you can beat your wife and kids, hate blacks, and condemn gays to hell.

I'd rather not get into a huge bible discussion here, do you know the only subject I consider off limits when socializing literally anywhere in person?

Religion, it always finds a way of ruining things, or driving people apart. Always.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

And religion breeds hate for everyone who isn't religious.

The religious answer to this is always, well if you were religious there wouldn't be a problem.

If you aren't gay there wouldn't be a problem,

If you were like me and everyone else there wouldn't be a problem.

If you don't ask any questions about words written by 12 jews, many years after another jew named christ was around there won't be any problems.

If you don't question the countless, rewrites, translations and various ways the words can be interpreted to spin a personal view there will not be a problem.

" 1: And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.
2: And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?
3: And she said, Behold my maid Bilhah, go in unto her; and she shall bear upon my knees that I may also have children by her.
4: And she gave him Bilhah her handmaid to wife: and Jacob went in unto her.
5: And Bilhah conceived, and bare Jacob a son. "

The bible finds it acceptable for a man to sleep with another woman if his wife can not conceive... Pretty neat huh? Isn't that like infidelity, and a sin???

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

That's right. There has to be a fundamental change in the way we teach our children about their humanity. We have to start with a metaphysic that is appropriate for man qua man. Dropping religion is the first step in the right direction. Another 500 years in that direction and maybe we'll start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

It's still the argument from ignorance. There isn't definitive proof that a self-aware wheel of Parmesan didn't put us here either. But the positive claimants don't understand their burden.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I used to be an Atheist. I misinterpreted a lot of stuff. Took a lot of stuff out of context. Had contempt for All religions. Favorite artist was Trent Reznor. Idol was Manson. Hated God and all religious people.

At the time, I felt like religious people hated me for not loving their God. I would chastise them all as homophobes, pedophiles, hypocrites, war-mongers, and in general snobs.

Since, studying the Bible, understanding the difference between the Old Testament and New Testament (which many don't understand based off taking scripture from the OT out of context and acting like it's the lesson Christianity is teaching), learning what the Bible actually teaches, and generally warming up to all Religious text for the lessons they teach.... I've come to a realization.

I understand some priests have been pedophiles. I understand the Crusades happened. I also understand before the New Testament people may have stoned their (adulterous) wives.

At this time, I know that how I felt as an Atheist was not fair. I have not changed much as a person, besides Abstaining much more. Other than that, I'm the same person. I've realized that not every Christian is a pedophile, hateful, bible-thumping, war-mongering, homophobe.

I've realized I was unfair, judged, insulted, and hurt many religious people with my actions.

And most importantly, I do not hate Atheists. I understand how they feel, and to have contempt for them would mean to have contempt for myself.

Please guys, don't hate your neighbors because they are Religious. If they are a pedophile or what have you, then by all means, put them on Blast.

But not every Religious person is a bad person. Just as not every Atheist is bad
Do some people from each group commit atrocities? Sure. But that's going to happen regardless of your Spiritual, or lack there of, beliefs.

I won't judge/hate you for being Atheist
Don't judge/hate me for being Religious

oh ya.. and I still like NIN/MM
edit on 8-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by setibuddies
S & F.

Hope that is correct, what with so much violence and lunacy perpetrated in the name of religion. Trouble is, humans being humans, I don't doubt the freaks among us will latch on to some other silly reason / justification to continue being uncivilized.

Bingo. A world without religion is every atheist's wet dream but they are in for a surprise when people still act like #&@holes and find other reasons to kill each other. We don't need the concept of God to act like jerks. Just ask the soviets.

Atheists like that are no different than any religious zealot. Instead of worshiping a God, Atheists worship themselves.

In the end, that's the only difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join