It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious will be a global minority by 2025

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike

GREAT! another thread aimed at causing negative reaction from ATS members.

NICE WORK OP

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Science has no idea how life began . There is very little that substantiates evolution as proven and how in the world is it that you think they have proven the big bang .They can't even assess the speed of expansion of the universe. Now they are saying it is accelerating . How is that ? Science has gone about to disprove the biblical explanation of life and still can not do it . It has been the goal for science to disprove the bible through back engineering . But rest your heels . Soon we will see . The Bible Prophecy dealing with the Global situations we are facing now and the Mark of the Beast system and all of it's facilitators was written 2000 years ago . WE shall see it come together soon I do believe .
I really don't see why people believing in God and the Lord Jesus Christ should be such a worrisome thing to the non believers except that they hate an authority keeping tabs on them and one day they will pay the tab . But if they don't believe what does that matter . Christians do not control what happens with the global situation .
So what is the problem ?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI

GREAT! another thread aimed at causing negative reaction from ATS members.

NICE WORK OP

Well if I wanted to make a post that everyone would agree on then I would have said, "The sky is blue" and then all is well in ATS land.

In all actuality I found this article to be very intriguing and I thought I would share its contents with other like-minded individuals. And not like-minded in the sense that they agree with my viewpoint, but those who are interested in this particular aspect in human development or social state. People like you. It's ok not to agree with me. That is what makes us tick- a constant tug of war of many minds finding the best path to the truth.

Stay thirsty friends.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I "pray" this is true.Hopefully,all the bible thumpers in govt will pass on and leave the inteligent people to run things

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamike
We will now begin to govern ourselves based on our own accepted laws and codes based on logic and reasoning.

edit on 7-7-2013 by Dynamike because: Add link

I'm afraid of this.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

This is very good news, and suggests that we are moving in the right direction.

It's also a great example to use against all those who preach about lack of morality and ethics, that religion supposedly makes people stay decent.

Obviously, with such a large number no longer religious, and seeing as they're not all criminals, murdered and abusers etc, religion has no bearing on the moral compass of the basic Human. People are inherently good and decent, and we don't need an ancient book of mysticism to instruct us in how to be decent Humans.

I hope this process speeds up though, I would love to see the end of religious insanity before I depart this existence for whatever comes next

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Barcs

I really don't see why people believing in God and the Lord Jesus Christ should be such a worrisome thing to the non believers except that they hate an authority keeping tabs on them and one day they will pay the tab . But if they don't believe what does that matter . Christians do not control what happens with the global situation .
So what is the problem ?

And this is the crux of the problem.

"keeping tabs"? That's where I take issue. Who put them in charge? Why the hell does any religious faction have the right to place themselves above others as self-proclaimed "leaders"?

As for Christians not controlling what happens, we've seen the religious forcing their laws on nations for centuries. There are homophobic laws based in religious insanity in numerous countries across Africa and the Middle East. African nations are also experiencing massive pandemics of sexually transmitted diseases thanks to the brainwashing of the Catholic church against the use of contraception. Hundreds of thousands of people have died thanks to the refusal of some medical treatments. Girls in several African nations are mutilated based on religious craziness. Boys across the world are mutilated based on religious stupidity. Kids around the world are taught voodoo nonsense about creationism, limiting their understanding of the world and holding them back in various ways.

And lets not forget all the wars, all the totalitarianism, all the many millions of deaths attributed to one religious group wanting domination over another...

Yeah, religion is a wonderful thing!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Amazing the number of stars you got.

The Guess Who are a Canadian band.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

I said based on the rhetoric of certain contemporary atheists - which I honed down to Richard Dawkins and P.Z Myers, it was plausible that if they were in power they would utilize Nazi/Communist methods to weed out the religious.

You're living in a dream-world if you think either of these dedicated, liberal humanitarians would resort to oppression and violence to 'weed out the religious'. But then, you are living in a dream-world, aren't you? The endless, self-deluding, waking dream of the obsessively religious.

As for this statement of Myers you quoted,

We're confronted all the time with evolving viruses and bacteria. The Red Queen really rules the biological world, and we have to keep running just to keep up pace with the changing microorganisms. Yet policymakers and the public deny vaccination, and evolution itself, and question the value of biomedical research. Maybe they don't believe in evolution, but the microorganisms trying to kill us are taking full advantage of it.

He's not speaking metaphorically but literally. He's talking about microorganisms, not religious people. Red Queen Hypothesis

Now stop stalling and produce that evidence you were asked for. You won't, though, because there isn't any.

edit on 9/7/13 by Astyanax because: of adjectival perils.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Most of my friends are anti-religion.

Just remember, if you're religious, you probably hang out with mostly religious people, and vice versa.

I don't hang out with religious people in general because I find them very two faced and closed minded. Not saying that you're this way, just in general.

Most Christians I know only act Christian on Sundays, and are some of the nastiest, intolerant bigots during the rest of the week.

Most atheists I know are much more open to reason and common sense, and willing to discuss challenges to their ideas or belief systems.

You do realise that this is a load of rubbish, you're an Atheist and you think all your atheist buddies are great, but that most Christins are bigots etc.
You must realise that there is no logic in this statement?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I wasn't able substantiate the authenticity of this video,,but supposedly
they have determined the god part of the brain or god gene ,,,
lol & won't you know they are trying to weaponize it...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WilsonWilson

Originally posted by babybunnies
Most of my friends are anti-religion.

Just remember, if you're religious, you probably hang out with mostly religious people, and vice versa.

I don't hang out with religious people in general because I find them very two faced and closed minded. Not saying that you're this way, just in general.

Most Christians I know only act Christian on Sundays, and are some of the nastiest, intolerant bigots during the rest of the week.

Most atheists I know are much more open to reason and common sense, and willing to discuss challenges to their ideas or belief systems.

You do realize that this is a load of rubbish, you're an Atheist and you think all your atheist buddies are great, but that most Christians are bigots etc.
You must realize that there is no logic in this statement?

I think what he is saying is, Atheist are always acting Atheist.. while some Christians are "2 faced"... i knew many christian friends(no longer hardcore).. they do so many things that are "sin" but on Sunday, they are all goody two shoes.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

True. I believe the issue that most of us non-religious folks have is the hypocrisy. The preachers preachin "shame on you." I dont want to be judged by others. No one does. In fact in the Bible it says those without sin throw the first stone, referring to a woman who just got caught cheating.

I personally think that the bible would be generally more accepted without the old testament. Its like the first part is a book of witchcraft and the second is the story of Jesus, well at least four books of him with a bunch of nonsense thrown around those books.

I will admit there are a few good examples of good moral choice and character in the Bible but to most of us it is common sense anyway. I mean if I had to compare my favorite verse in the Bible against something else, say the Qur'an I could choose Al-Qur'an 5:32 which says "If anyone slew a person unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land it would be as if he slew the whole humanity: and if anyone saved a life it would be as if he saved the life of the whole humanity.”

Lets all be honest here, if we were going to make a religion out of a book we would probably be wiser to chose Ender's game. I mean come on, what else beats that?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You cite a gallup poll that 39% of people in the world are non-believers, but look here:
www.gallup.com - More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God...

That's a gallup poll. So what's going on? Is America a hotbed for belief in God?

Here's another gallup poll that shows 16% do not have a religious identity in America:
www.gallup.com - In U.S., Increasing Number Have No Religious Identity...

It's indeed an upward trend, but it's not nearly 39% yet.

In the first poll I linked, it was shown that CERTAIN belief in God hovered around 70%.

Personally, I believe our society will either classify religion as GOOD for us or BAD for us, or a mix, depending on the person. Thus, it's possible that in some places a dependency on religious faith will actually be considered a kind of mental disorder. Impossible? I don't think so. Perfectionism, for example, used to be considered mostly a positive effect on work quality, but nowadays it's mostly considered a mental disability. This is because people no longer consider it a positive contribution to the working life. Similarly, I believe that whether or not religious faith is deemed a mental disorder is tied to whether people think it's good or bad. If it's considered good, it'll be acceptable.

(NOTE: A mild form of perfectionism has been found that does seem to contribute to the working life, but it's reliant on the person not being discouraged by imperfection. So, basically, they still have the drive to attain more perfection, but slight imperfections do not stop them from being productive. Non-perfectionists do not have this same drive shown in the "healthy" perfectionists. Basically, perfectionist measures are divided into desiring perfection and fearing imperfection categories.)

Let me posit something here. If I grab random fantasy books and read it all and memorize it and then claim it's REAL, nobody will flinch at calling me crazy. BUT if I grab the bible and do all the same things, people will mostly think I'm ok, since that kind of behavior is widely common.

(I also think more and more criminals will be classified as having a mental disorder.)
edit on 9-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

That's funny, because I've experienced it the opposite way. Just look at your post, painting an entire religious group with claims of bigotry and the likes. I've found that many atheists are so closed minded and dead set in their ways that discussing anything with them is like hitting your head repeatedly on a wall.

With that being said, I'm Christian but I do not attend church. My beliefs are mine, and as long as people respect me I respect them back. Which is why I have a broad circle of friends including other faiths and lack of faith. One of my best friends was an atheist. My ex fiance was Jewish. We had awesome discussions regarding our beliefs, and neither of us tried to force our beliefs on each other. I was happy supporting my fiance in her religion and she mine. My best friend and I loved to talk theology and alternative origin theories.

Yet, time and time again outside of my friend circle I've mostly met Atheists who are nothing but ignorant and biased against all religious people. "Oh, you're a Christian? Then you're below me" is often how they'd act.

There's ass holes in every group of people. Atheists aren't an exception. Just like your post.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

You are so to speak full of preconceived propaganda .The Catholic church is guilty of such stupid and not Godly oppression . They have done more to destroy Christianity than the Atheist and Devil . As far as your objection to homophobia , what people do behind closed doors is one thing but when they want to stick their garbage in my face and try to make me say it is holy , forget it . It is not ! It is an abomination to the parents and loved ones of that person and to God .
Now as far as wars , greed has always been a problem disguised by many things .

If God puts a cramp in your life style you should take another look at yourself and not God . He is only convicting you of what you all ready know is wrong .Your conscience is opposing your actions .

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Rocker2013

You are so to speak full of preconceived propaganda .The Catholic church is guilty of such stupid and not Godly oppression . They have done more to destroy Christianity than the Atheist and Devil . As far as your objection to homophobia , what people do behind closed doors is one thing but when they want to stick their garbage in my face and try to make me say it is holy , forget it . It is not ! It is an abomination to the parents and loved ones of that person and to God .
Now as far as wars , greed has always been a problem disguised by many things .

If God puts a cramp in your life style you should take another look at yourself and not God . He is only convicting you of what you all ready know is wrong .Your conscience is opposing your actions .

Thanks for your response, you've done more to support my view and bolster my argument than anything else I could write.

The only thing I could hope for right now is more members like you to shoot themselves in the foot and diminish religious belief even further.

Your attitude is exactly why millions are abandoning religion, keep it up and maybe you can help to turn another few thousand people away from such insanity

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

Science has no idea how life began . There is very little that substantiates evolution as proven and how in the world is it that you think they have proven the big bang .They can't even assess the speed of expansion of the universe. Now they are saying it is accelerating . How is that ? Science has gone about to disprove the biblical explanation of life and still can not do it . It has been the goal for science to disprove the bible through back engineering . But rest your heels . Soon we will see . The Bible Prophecy dealing with the Global situations we are facing now and the Mark of the Beast system and all of it's facilitators was written 2000 years ago . WE shall see it come together soon I do believe .
So what is the problem ?

The only thing I find worrisome is the blatantly wrong denial of science. That is a terrible attitude to have living in this technological society, all of which was built using the foundation of science. On what basis do you dismiss evolution? I have nothing against people of faith, but why attack science? Why blindly dismiss scientific theories and facts without doing an ounce of research, while at the same time promote your belief as absolute fact when it's a guess? Science is valid, I'm sorry. It may not prove every aspect of everything, but it helps us learn quite a bit about how the universe works. Science does not conflict with god. The problem is stubbornness in literal interpretations of ancient re-translated texts. As long as the fundies go away, I could care less if the world is 99% religious. The world is evolving, and people who live the past will be left behind. Young earth creationists used to be everywhere, but now they are a dying breed.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

Dude. Plank in your eye. Might want to see a doctor about it. Let others worry about the specks in theirs. It's not your business to judge them or condemn them.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ostracized

Good post. There was a thread about this awhile ago on ATS. If I remember correctly, the goal wasn't necessarily to weaponize that portion of the brain, but rather to turn it off or permanently disable it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join