Religious will be a global minority by 2025

page: 5
11
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs
 


Believe me I do agree that science and God work together . Scientist have always been in the back engineering study of Life . There are scientist who are looking to God or intelligent design . As far as evolution as a plausible theory one can look at the biblical account . God said let the waters bring forth abundantly___ the fish and foul . Then he said let the earth bring forth ___ the animals so to speak . Then God said let us make man in our own image in Genesis 1 verse 17. Now the waters brought forth the things that swim and fly and the earth brought forth the things that crawl and walks on the earth . Now there is one distinction from the first two creations . Man is not brought forth by either the waters or the earth as a long line of progressive creations which could be mistaken for evolving from another creature . No ! Man was created separately by God himself and not as a possible progressive creation .
The problem I see with science is that it is promoted as fact when it has not been proven as such . And people who are hunting information to denigrate God grasp anything put forth in a study to be fact . That's like Radio Carbon 14 radiometric dating .It is inaccurate at best and only supposed to be good for 50,000 years up to 70,000 years on the outside of the scale . Yet they will say it was Carbon dated to 300 million years and people believe it .




posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by Dynamike
 

You cite a gallup poll that 39% of people in the world are non-believers, but look here:
www.gallup.com - More Than 9 in 10 Americans Continue to Believe in God...

That's a gallup poll. So what's going on? Is America a hotbed for belief in God?

Here's another gallup poll that shows 16% do not have a religious identity in America:
www.gallup.com - In U.S., Increasing Number Have No Religious Identity...

It's indeed an upward trend, but it's not nearly 39% yet.

In the first poll I linked, it was shown that CERTAIN belief in God hovered around 70%.

Personally, I believe our society will either classify religion as GOOD for us or BAD for us, or a mix, depending on the person. Thus, it's possible that in some places a dependency on religious faith will actually be considered a kind of mental disorder. Impossible? I don't think so. Perfectionism, for example, used to be considered mostly a positive effect on work quality, but nowadays it's mostly considered a mental disability. This is because people no longer consider it a positive contribution to the working life. Similarly, I believe that whether or not religious faith is deemed a mental disorder is tied to whether people think it's good or bad. If it's considered good, it'll be acceptable.

(NOTE: A mild form of perfectionism has been found that does seem to contribute to the working life, but it's reliant on the person not being discouraged by imperfection. So, basically, they still have the drive to attain more perfection, but slight imperfections do not stop them from being productive. Non-perfectionists do not have this same drive shown in the "healthy" perfectionists. Basically, perfectionist measures are divided into desiring perfection and fearing imperfection categories.)

Let me posit something here. If I grab random fantasy books and read it all and memorize it and then claim it's REAL, nobody will flinch at calling me crazy. BUT if I grab the bible and do all the same things, people will mostly think I'm ok, since that kind of behavior is widely common.

(I also think more and more criminals will be classified as having a mental disorder.)
edit on 9-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)


Oh boy, so when I initially postulated that somewhere around 80% of our population I was right in regards to the US population. The article I referenced used the global population- China being the largest portion that contributed to this stat (they so smart). The article also noted a distinct link between an intellectual means and religious preference; the higher the intellect the lower chance one would be religious. It is little wonder then why the US is falling sorely behind other nations in education.



posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Barcs
 


Believe me I do agree that science and God work together . Scientist have always been in the back engineering study of Life . There are scientist who are looking to God or intelligent design . As far as evolution as a plausible theory one can look at the biblical account . God said let the waters bring forth abundantly___ the fish and foul . Then he said let the earth bring forth ___ the animals so to speak . Then God said let us make man in our own image in Genesis 1 verse 17. Now the waters brought forth the things that swim and fly and the earth brought forth the things that crawl and walks on the earth . Now there is one distinction from the first two creations . Man is not brought forth by either the waters or the earth as a long line of progressive creations which could be mistaken for evolving from another creature . No ! Man was created separately by God himself and not as a possible progressive creation .
The problem I see with science is that it is promoted as fact when it has not been proven as such . And people who are hunting information to denigrate God grasp anything put forth in a study to be fact . That's like Radio Carbon 14 radiometric dating .It is inaccurate at best and only supposed to be good for 50,000 years up to 70,000 years on the outside of the scale . Yet they will say it was Carbon dated to 300 million years and people believe it .


It is mind boggling to me to hear people say things like this with so much evidence to the contrary so easily accessible in the world today. If you ever go to DC I suggest visiting the Smithsonian Human Origins exhibit. It is phenomenal how easily you can see the difference in skull size and make up between the branches of our ancestors. Smithsonian

We have spend countless hours devoting time to discover the origins and mapping of the human DNA. Did you know that they found two areas in our DNA history where they pin pointed when and what caused human intelligence to blossom? One specific gene, called SRGAP2. Discovery

There is so much to learn out there right now. Why allow your mind to dwell with the thoughts of man who lived thousands of years ago when you can learn the latest discoveries in biology, artificial intelligence, astrophysics,or my favorite- quantum physics.

Religion has had a grasp at the ankles of man who wanted to run full speed into the discoveries of tomorrow. To me, a person who believes our sole existence is to further this desire, religion has been the most evil concoction ever created by man.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Dynamike because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike
 


Science has admitted that they do not know how life began . Then there is the skulls . Do you think they have found full skulls and can pin them to man . You will soon see that all is not well in this world and then it might be too late to put your beer down and start looking for reality . You don't think science is based on finding an alternative to God . They will find it some how because that's what they want to find .



posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter
 



Science has admitted that they do not know how life began .


They have a pretty good idea. I'd be willing to bet more money on their theories than on your ill-founded conclusions.


Then there is the skulls . Do you think they have found full skulls and can pin them to man .


Have you visited that particular exhibit in the Smithsonian? They don't pay that kind of money just to look good. They pay people very good money to make sure they know what they're talking about. They're not interested in making a good show of things, they want answers too. And for every lie they hand out, that's one more puzzle they die without figuring out. Pretty solid way to go out, yeah? No. They play for real. And every skull in that exhibit is there because they are pretty darn sure that they've got enough information for it to be relevant.

After all, what kind of sick company makes money by duping thousands of people interested in learn the history of their species? That's a hell of a way to honor the bones of your ancestors.


you will soon see that all is not well in this world and then it might be too late to put your beer down and start looking for reality . You don't think science is based on finding an alternative to God .


There's a thousand alternatives to your god, but only one is supported by verifiable processes and scientific methodology. You're going to have to try harder than just the plain old "rebel without a cause" approach.



posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


Fact they have never said that they have found the missing link . They have no plausible explanation how life began and explain how DNA assimilated it's self within a LIVING cell to start a cell producing other cells and even if it was able to reproduce it's self what would be the likelihood of it surviving to evolve into a million things including plants and animals ?



posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter
 


And you do? You have a better explanation than the current working theories that scientists pore over by day and by night? They labor for hours and hours and hours on end, just as much to find answers for themselves as to find answers for us. And you have a better explanation than them, without nearly as much effort and time and dedication to the research and the analysis and the tests that have consumed their lives?

Excuse me if I don't take your word for it. If you ever have the evidence to conclusively prove that your claims are as valid as you make them out to be, you know where to find me.



posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


I do not have the answers and neither do you or science or Obama or the Pope . But have you even sought to read the bible and compare it to todays times . Only now could the Mark of the Beast be implemented . In Zechariah 14 verse 12 the plague that is poured out on those that comes against Israel is a direct description of the effects of an Atomic Bomb on a human body . The 10 Kings giving their power to the one (AC) is about to happen when the NWO is in place . Our seas are dying and they are trying to put forth a new deadly plague coming . Israel and the rest of the Arabs are about to go to war . Gog and Magog participants are in place now for that war and the Arabs have the tactical advantage to dissect Israels airforce both on the ground and in the air . And America will likely be hit by a nuclear exchange or EMP to give Israel into their hands . Zechariah chapter 14 tells of 2/3rds Israel being destroyed .But they will retain the city and will rebuild the Temple for the Prophecy in 2nd Thess chapter 2 to be carried out . That's if you want to take the time to look at it .

You may want to look at the Protocols of Zion on the Real Jew site . Have enough grit to get past the Zionist Jews propaganda that the Protocols are a fraud . You will see just who is behind the NWO .



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 


I do not have the answers and neither do you or science or Obama or the Pope . But have you even sought to read the bible and compare it to todays times . Only now could the Mark of the Beast be implemented . In Zechariah 14 verse 12 the plague that is poured out on those that comes against Israel is a direct description of the effects of an Atomic Bomb on a human body . The 10 Kings giving their power to the one (AC) is about to happen when the NWO is in place . Our seas are dying and they are trying to put forth a new deadly plague coming . Israel and the rest of the Arabs are about to go to war . Gog and Magog participants are in place now for that war and the Arabs have the tactical advantage to dissect Israels airforce both on the ground and in the air . And America will likely be hit by a nuclear exchange or EMP to give Israel into their hands . Zechariah chapter 14 tells of 2/3rds Israel being destroyed .But they will retain the city and will rebuild the Temple for the Prophecy in 2nd Thess chapter 2 to be carried out . That's if you want to take the time to look at it .

You may want to look at the Protocols of Zion on the Real Jew site . Have enough grit to get past the Zionist Jews propaganda that the Protocols are a fraud . You will see just who is behind the NWO .



Why do people want to interpret the Bible and twist the words meaning to fit their assumptions? Zechariah was a young prophet who worked under Haggai. In those chapters he is trying to give encouragement to the Israelites after they returned from exile in Babylon to help rebuild their temples. I'm pretty sure he wasn't thinking of atomic bombs or whatever your imagination can fathom.



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dynamike

Why do people want to interpret the Bible and twist the words meaning to fit their assumptions?


Sometimes its about interpreting the Bible to fit their supernatural/mystical/paranormal/liminal experiences.

No two people have exactly the same exegesis. It's kinda like snowflakes.

Everyone has a different way of being with the Divine Mystery. Even people who frame the Mystery in scientific, secular, "non-religious" terms. It's not for us to judge the way of another. New ways come and old ways go. Religions come and go... they have a life-cycle. God can wear religions like a costume or a mask... putting on new ones as culture evolves... taking off old ones...

edit on 11-7-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamike
 


Evidently you have read a commentary on Zechariah . But did you actually read what Zechariah was talking about . He was talking about the end times . Prophecy is not something dealing with his time on earth . It starts off with " Behold the day of the Lord cometh " and then " For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem " . That is God and not Zechariah talking . " And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives " THAT is the end times which we face . The plague is not like anything you can describe but an Atomic Blast . The brilliant fireball just like in Hiroshima vaporized flesh off the peoples skeleton instantly leaving their skeletons to fall where it stood bleached white from the gray color it is .Some soldiers in a platoon marching very near ground zero were totally evaporated out of their boots only to leave the tops of their boots melted to the concrete . The water level of the creek near there was dropped 12 feet from evaporation . What else can immediately vaporize human flesh in mass .



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule
 


You should actually read the passage and then read about the effects of the bomb in Hiroshima and in your analytical mind try to reason what could do such in mass . Then get back to me . Otherwise you know nothing .



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter
 


Um, wow... no. I don't like your tone and so I'm not going to bother with your demand.



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Dynamike
 


Science has admitted that they do not know how life began . Then there is the skulls . Do you think they have found full skulls and can pin them to man . You will soon see that all is not well in this world and then it might be too late to put your beer down and start looking for reality . You don't think science is based on finding an alternative to God . They will find it some how because that's what they want to find .


Who cares if science doesn't know the answer to the origin of life? Evolution is proven. Homo sapiens evolved from previous hominid ancestors. This is a verifiable fact. It's been traced in both the fossil record AND in genetics. You're right, they haven't found a missing link yet. They found over a DOZEN of them between ancient ape and modern human, including the halfway point. To deny this is delusional. Science is about learning how things work, not disproving god. You are just upset that a lot of science goes against the literal bible story. Who cares? Science isn't going to hide its findings to appease unverified scriptures. Do you honestly believe that the descriptions from 2000+ years ago use dead on literal terminology applicable in society today? The truth is the bible is incredibly vague. I agree with a lot of the morality stories, but to suggest it's absolute truth is beyond ridiculous. Belief what you want, but science has done more for this planet than religion ever will. There's no reason to continue to live in the dark ages. It's 2013 and we live in a society that's based on science. If you don't like it, there are plenty of places out there that have separated themselves from modern technology like computers and machines that have been created and designed using the scientific method. Denial is silly, especially when you haven't even attempted to research it. You seem like you could use a biology 101 course. Do you suppose Jesus would have attacked science like you have? Nope, he would tolerate it, because he's entire existence was based on tolerance of people you disagree with. He wouldn't attack science blindly, he would make friends with the scientist and see where he's coming from.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Belief what you want, but science has done more for this planet than religion ever will.


If that's what you believe then you have a very tiny, very myopic, very kindergarten concept of religion. Don't get me wrong most religious people do too.

"No one, as far as I know, has yet tried to compose into a single picture the new perspectives that have been opened in the fields of comparative symbolism, religion, mythology, and philosophy by the scholarship of recent years. The richly rewarded archaeological researches of the past few decades; astonishing clarifications, simplifications, and coordinations achieved by intensive studies in the spheres of philology, ethnology, philosophy, art history, folklore, and religion; fresh insights in psychological research; and the many priceless contributions to our science by the scholars, monks, and literary men of Asia, have combined to suggest a new image of the fundamental unity of the spiritual history of mankind.

Without straining beyond the treasuries of evidence already on hand in these widely scattered departments of our subject, therefore, but simply gathering from them the membra disjuncta of a unitary mythological science, I attempt in the following pages the first sketch of a natural history of the gods and heroes, such as in its final form should include in its purview all divine beings--not regarding any as sacrosanct or beyond its scientific domain.

For, as in the visible world of the vegetable and animal kingdoms, so also in the visionary world of the gods: there has been a history, an evolution, a series of mutations, governed by laws; and to show forth such laws is the proper aim of science."


-Joseph Campbell

edit on 11-7-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule
 


Hey I'm just speaking based on reality. Science and technology could save the human race from extinction one day. Pray all you want, it's not very likely going to stop an asteroid moving thousands of miles per hour through space that is aimed at the earth. Research and study, however, will actively try to find a solution for that type of scenario. Another few hundred years of the dark ages, and our society would be around horse & buggy level, just pushing for electricity, defenseless against the inevitable impact. A few hundred LESS years of the dark ages and perhaps we are already fully capable to deflect an asteroid. Suppression and denial of science is bad. That's all I'm really saying. Science is reality based, religion is faith based.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs
 


I know you don't care but where did life begin . Have you considered that it had to start some where ? And with the extreme environment of space and the time element involved in the expanses of space travel as well as the heat , cold , radiation, and lack of oxygen how could life survive the travel to earth . Then the Comets strike the atmosphere they explode in a fire ball . Nothing would survive entering our atmosphere .
So the question is still open and science has not proven Evolution . It is still a theory and you would know that if you researched it .



posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by Barcs
 

I know you don't care but where did life begin . Have you considered that it had to start some where ? And with the extreme environment of space and the time element involved in the expanses of space travel as well as the heat , cold , radiation, and lack of oxygen how could life survive the travel to earth . Then the Comets strike the atmosphere they explode in a fire ball . Nothing would survive entering our atmosphere .
So the question is still open and science has not proven Evolution . It is still a theory and you would know that if you researched it .


Thanks for proving me correct. You know nothing about evolution at all. You are regurgitating some nonsense you read about it on an anti-evolution website. Evolution is NOT about how life first started. It's about how existing life adapts to environmental changes over time. Scientists do not yet have the full explanation for how life originally started, but it's not because of evolution. Evolution requires life to already exist. Without life, evolution can't happen. Asking about the origin is a completely different field of study. A scientific theory is based on verifiable facts, just like Evolution. The "just a theory" argument proves that you haven't ever even opened a science book. If you had, you'd know the value of scientific theories, or the difference between theories and hypotheses. Stop the blind assault on science. It only hurts your cause and makes people of faith look bad.

www.talkorigins.org...

Since you've clearly done your research on this, perhaps you could show me which pieces of evidence in that link are false and why. For someone as knowledgeable as you on the topic of evolution, it should be easy.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs
 


According to a leading anthropologist, man didn't evolve from apes at all.. This doesn't mean that evolution didn't happen, but it didn't happen the way you think it did.. Nothing has ever been proven as far as absolutes..

New study refutes man from apes.

Another..another one..

This study isn't proven either, but then there never was any real proof of anything before either..

This does illustrate that everything you think you know, is probably wrong!



posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs
 


Evolution has not been proven . There is no such claim been made that Evolution is fact . Secondly I could care less what skulls are compared to another . The science community has not made the claim that evolution is a fact . And the claim that we evolved from a single celled amoeba would mean that we would have actually lost DNA data as man has a less intricate DNA structure . Where was the food source for that cell ?
This is a religion blog not a science quiz . Where did this evolving germ come from ? If you can't answer that you can't be sure about it evolving .





new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join