It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gives Himself Control of all Communication Systems in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Obama Gives Himself Control of all Communication Systems in America

www.whitehouse.gov

Section 1. Policy. The Federal Government must have the ability to communicate at all times and under all circumstances to carry out its most critical and time sensitive missions. Survivable, resilient, enduring, and effective communications, both domestic and international, are essential to enable the executive branch to communicate within itself and with: the legislative and judicial branches; State, local, territorial, and tribal governments; private sector entities; and the public, allies, and other nations. Such communications must be possible under all circumstances to ensure national se
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well on Friday Obama signed this little executive order with little press, I wonder why.....perhaps this is yet another far reaching executive order, yet another power grab by this administration.

Obama states that the government needs to power to reach anyone, anytime during a "crisis" and that

“Such communications must be possible under all circumstances to ensure national security, effectively manage emergencies and improve national resilience.” Later the president explains that such could be done by establishing a “joint industry-Government center that is capable of assisting in the initiation, coordination, restoration and reconstitution of NS/EP [national security and emergency preparedness] communications services or facilities under all conditions of emerging threats, crisis or emergency.”

“The views of all levels of government, the private and nonprofit sectors, and the public must inform the development of NS/EP communications policies, programs and capabilities,”.....infrastructure includes wireline, wireless, satellite, cable, and broadcasting, and provides the transport networks that support the Internet and other key information systems,”

Well isn't that nice, so the US administration controls all aspects of communication, including the internet. Section 5 describes that a new Executive Committee will be created with the task of implementing this order.

The tyranny of the administration is increasing.....

www.whitehouse.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wow, from reading it, some of the information is amended from years ago. However, a few years back, the law enforcement, fire and emergency frequencies went from analog to 800 megahertz digital, and to program a scanner, you need a computer, tried to do one manually, it took 2 hours, and didn't work.

From my understanding, they did that to free up analog frequencies. Like t.v. went from analog to digital.

Why all of a sudden?

And to be able to take over all frequencies? Why is my question. I'm pretty sure the government has ways of communicating without this Executive order. Kinda makes me wonder what is coming down the pike?!?!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

The way the media fawns all over him, I assumed that he always had control.

This is just another in a long list of power grabs and centralizing control from this administration.

It's insulting in that he actually thinks we need to be governed this way.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Not to mention, this was originally written in 1982, the current date:

July 06, 2012

This is "Breaking Political News"? Where did you read about this? "Beforeitsnews"? Because it's posted TODAY on that site...

SNOPES

FALSE

I don't know why I even open these threads anymore... :shk:
edit on 7/7/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Huh, I must have misread the date on the "whitehouse" website. That is my error, but the information was from here:

www.whitehouse.gov...

So please tell me where it is a HOAX.

But I can see where this "beforeitsnews" is going to be used by the left to censor topics.....Oh lookie, this information was posted in beforeitsnews, lets get it taken down.

edit on 7-7-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Where did you read about this today? Were you browsing just the whitehouse website?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

So you can hit that alert button of course.

Perhaps you could take the time to explain to everyone the differences in the order. I see cause for at least attention to this, given the state of affairs under this administration.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I don't go to beforeitsnews....thanks for playing.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Originally posted by Witness2008
Perhaps you could take the time to explain to everyone the differences in the order. I see cause for at least attention to this, given the state of affairs under this administration.

I'm just suggesting people look past the title and do some research. This site is turning into just another slum-site with all the crazy theories taken for FACT.

There's a good thread about this EO here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm just saying do some research.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I am asking for this thread to be deleted, because it was put in the hoax bin.....but what I stated was true, it is not a hoax.

Oh and your "good research" simply portrays this executive order in a positive light. I happen to disagree.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This site is turning into just another slum-site with all the crazy theories taken for FACT.

I've not seen that. ATS suites the interests of a lot of folks all over the globe. Your alert sent this thread into the HOAX bin before anyone had a chance to do research. This may be new news to some. Nothing like killing the opportunity for debate on the forth post of a thread.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I would rather not see your thread deleted, way too much thread killing going on around here. This is worth a discussion.

And with the unconstitutional broad powers that Obama exercises these days I think a re-examination of this needs to be done.

And I'm not Obama bashing, I spent much time campaigning for him in 2008. Using executive orders for nefarious reasons is not too rare an occurrence in the past decade.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is a subject that I should have been paying attention to. I am now.

The current political atmosphere (police state) we live with would certainly cause alarm with this executive order.

The US governmental agencies involved in this endeavor are the heads of: • Department of Justice • Department of Defense • Department of State • Department of Commerce • Department of Homeland Security (DHS) • Office of the director of National Intelligence (DNI) • General Services Administration • Federal Communications Commission (FCC)

www.globalresearch.ca...

I'm not jumping to any conclusions here. How many of us actually trust the folks that the administration has trusted with our communications?

top topics

join