It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unknown Force of the Universe is Acting on Dark Matter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Happy 4th!!!

While it is raining here and I am off with nothing better to do than to catch up on some fine reading I stumbled across this article from the Daily Galaxy and wanted to share. I chose to put it in this forum simply because I personally find myself (when talking about dark matter and energy) using the subject matter in terms of a metaphysics topic. It's just who I am.. so mods... feel free to move if you see fit.

Today, on the 4th of July, a European team of astronomers led by Hongsheng Zhao are presenting a new theory at the RAS National Astronomy Meeting in St Andrews. Their theory suggests that the "Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies collided some 10 billion years ago and that our understanding of gravity is fundamentally wrong."

This team is basically conveying that the interactions between dark and ordinary matter could be more important and complex than once thought. They even speculate that dark matter might not exist and that the anomalous motions of stars in galaxies are due to a modification of gravity!!!

"The dark matter seems to 'know' how the visible matter is distributed. They seem to conspire with each other such that the gravity of the visible matter at the characteristic radius of the dark halo is always the same," said Dr. Benoit Famaey (Universities of Bonn and Strasbourg).

To "know"? Is the Universe intelligent? What is this force??

Such a force might solve an even bigger mystery, known as 'dark energy', which is ruling the accelerated expansion of the Universe. A more radical solution is a revision of the laws of gravity first developed by Isaac Newton in 1687 and refined by Albert Einstein's theory of General Relativity in 1916. Einstein never fully decided whether his equation should add an omnipresent constant source, now called dark energy.
www.dailygalaxy.com...

Thoughts my ATS'ers??

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very cool!

Dark energy is a great topic I love digging into. So much toil on this pale blue dot of ours but as soon as you look up at the sky we can all agree we have no idea how it all works...

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

Thank ya and you're welcome!!

Yeah, I agree... we have no idea whats what. If we knew it all what would there be left to learn? Seems like that would be rather boring.

I'm excited we may be re thinking what we think we know. Add's a little spice to the subject matter.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Ahhhh, yes. Dr. Zhao just put the magic back into the universe.

Very interesting read. S&F, thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I thought the collision between the two Galaxies at some time was something already considered.
As for the unknown force acting on the dark matter, that'll be my missus, she's always like that after a feed of beans.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

This team is basically conveying that the interactions between dark and ordinary matter could be more important and complex than once thought. They even speculate that dark matter might not exist and that the anomalous motions of stars in galaxies are due to a modification of gravity!!!

My postulation is (and has been) that dark matter isn't of a particle nature. I think that what has been deemed dark matter and dark energy are merely the effects of a geometric shaping of the cosmos in higher dimensions.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That was hilarious! Thanks!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

I like that philosophy and can understand it as well. Who knows. I sure don't but I feel as if I know enough to conclude that I don't know. lol

Speculating on the subject matter though is so intriguing and stimulates my mind to a degree of euphoria, especially when I come onto an idea that makes sense. Make sense?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you MamaJ for bringing this to our attention, but shouldn't this be in the science section?

Is the universe intelligent? Well, whether it is intelligent or not, it sure does have a beautiful pattern/orchestration to create galaxies, stars, and life.

Here is what the article you linked said about the dark matter in simple terms:

"The pattern that the data reveal is extremely odd. It's like finding a zoo of animals of all ages and sizes miraculously having identical, say, weight in their backbones or something. It is possible that a non-gravitational fifth force is ruling the dark matter with an invisible hand, leaving the same fingerprints on all galaxies, irrespective of their ages, shapes and sizes."

So this "dark matter" could metaphorically be the 'backbones' of the galaxies in the universe. It could be the basic 'weight' needed that allows these galaxies (light) to exist.

Remember what the Yin-Yang symbol says:

There is light within darkness (stars within space)
And there is darkness within light (space within stars).

The "light within darkness" is all of the energy/particles of the universe (dark empty space)

Maybe...

The "darkness within light" is the dark matter/energy within this energy/particles holding it up as a 'backbone' as they suggest in the article.

Could this also be why they said they found hints of dark matter in the earth (particles = Light) a while ago even though this should be a strange idea [LINK]?

This is very interesting and can't wait to see what else is learned about this.

edit on 5-7-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
"Dark Matter" is the actual physical collective of Residual "fact sets" information that exists to represent the contextual ramifications of those material spatial trajectories that have occurred within our own universe, and "Dark Energy" is the noticeable impact that those Residual fact sets have on the material things that are still out there and creating new spatial trajectories (mostly the movement tracks of galaxies at that scale of material existence) as their impact on the contextual environment (the universe, in our case) places new residual "placeholder" fact sets to permanently define the universe as the identified holon that it is and continues to become from moment to moment.

The obvious indication of this is that our universe is required to constantly expand to allow room for these residual fact set "placeholders", as those "placeholders" affect the material structures (forcing them ever outward) that continue to exist and affect the contextual composition by causing new 3 dimensional placeholding fact sets to emerge in direct and immediate response to all change-activity.

It's just the most visible ramification we have concerning how residual information works within any contextual environment to passively shape and direct "natural law" within that environment. Sort of like how speed bumps passively affect the way drivers behave in access lanes by slowing them down.

I don't expect scientists to figure this out on their own, but this is what the Dark Matter/Dark Energy thing is all about.
edit on 7/5/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by MamaJ

Thank you MamaJ for bringing this to our attention, but shouldn't this be in the science section?

Is the universe intelligent? Well, whether it is intelligent or not, it sure does have a beautiful pattern/orchestration to create galaxies, stars, and life.

Here is what the article you linked said about the dark matter in simple terms:

"The pattern that the data reveal is extremely odd. It's like finding a zoo of animals of all ages and sizes miraculously having identical, say, weight in their backbones or something. It is possible that a non-gravitational fifth force is ruling the dark matter with an invisible hand, leaving the same fingerprints on all galaxies, irrespective of their ages, shapes and sizes."

So this "dark matter" could metaphorically be the 'backbones' of the galaxies in the universe. It could be the basic 'weight' needed that allows these galaxies (light) to exist.

Remember what the Yin-Yang symbol says:

There is light within darkness (stars within space)
And there is darkness within light (space within stars).

The "light within darkness" is all of the energy/particles of the universe (dark empty space)

Maybe...

The "darkness within light" is the dark matter/energy within this energy/particles holding it up as a 'backbone' as they suggest in the article.

Could this also be why they said they found hints of dark matter in the earth (particles = Light) a while ago even though this should be a strange idea [LINK]?

This is very interesting and can't wait to see what else is learned about this.

edit on 5-7-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

It could very well be intelligent... it is often said that on a macroscopic scale, the universe does resemble a large brain, for example... the galaxy clusters do resemble neurons from a brain don't you think?
edit on 5-7-2013 by DARREN1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I have always felt that "dark matter" was just an ignorant way to explain something we didn't fully understand and that once fuller understanding came, the dark matter would disappear.

It's kinda like an equation that explains something you can observe providing you add a factor of 4...not because you understand why the 4 should be there, just that the equation doesn't work without it. This suggests an incomplete understanding of what we see.

For one, and I know I am not an eminent scholar on this subject, but it seems at times that our cosmologists overlook the fact that the farther away they look, the further back in time they see. Which is to say that they believe the universe is still expanding and, in fact, it is accelerating. It seems to me that when they look at the edges of the universe, so to speak, what they are seeing is closer to the big bang and are likely to see greater accelerations of expansion during that period.

Unless my understanding is flawed, we observe lesser expansion in our closer region of space than those farther away....easily, IMO, explained by the above paragraph.

edit on 5-7-2013 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
"All things are mind alone"-Lord Buddha

Awareness is the unminifest intellect. Awareness is the source of universe and consciousness itself. Awareness manifests itself as the visible universe. It imagines itself to take innumarable forms. Awareness holds up every oscillation of an atom in its imagination.When it takes no form it is Dark Matter/ Dark energy. Prior to what scientist call the "Big Bang" what was there? Awareness. It is the supreme intellect. The imagination of that intellect is powerful. More powerful than the human mind can comprehend.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Happy 4th!!!

While it is raining here and I am off with nothing better to do than to catch up on some fine reading I stumbled across this article from the Daily Galaxy and wanted to share. I chose to put it in this forum simply because I personally find myself (when talking about dark matter and energy) using the subject matter in terms of a metaphysics topic. It's just who I am.. so mods... feel free to move if you see fit.

Today, on the 4th of July, a European team of astronomers led by Hongsheng Zhao are presenting a new theory at the RAS National Astronomy Meeting in St Andrews. Their theory suggests that the "Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies collided some 10 billion years ago and that our understanding of gravity is fundamentally wrong."

"The dark matter seems to 'know' how the visible matter is distributed. They seem to conspire with each other such that the gravity of the visible matter at the characteristic radius of the dark halo is always the same," said Dr. Benoit Famaey (Universities of Bonn and Strasbourg).

To "know"? Is the Universe intelligent? What is this force??

Thoughts my ATS'ers??

You do get such conditions in nature. Minimum energy surfaces (like soap bubbles) always aim to make sure that pressure at all points are the same. If any point has pressure higher than the others the surface expands. Consequently if any point has pressure lower than the surrounding points, the surface contracts. Ultimately, a soap bubble ends up being spherical, just like planets and stars end up spherical. Water always aims to find the lowest point on the ground. Basically due to gravity pulling water molecules downwards, and the molecules bouncing off sloping surfaces.

Perhaps dark matter is really just "stretched space time continuum" around the galaxy, due to the gravitational mass at the center.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

nicely done......great topic and insights!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

I believe the universe to be intelligent myself.
There is a lot to the saying as above, so below, especially in the physical reality we are in. Kind of like atoms and neutrons resembling galaxies and stars, at least from what I have seen and was taught in science in school. I always thought that the way they were described reminded me much of solar systems, atoms with revolving neutrons to me sound like stars or galaxies revolving around each other. Perhaps entire universes.

Like a fractal pattern it continues to mirror itself outward and inward.

It could very well be intelligent in ways we are not even close to understanding, and from my experience with the "flow of the universe" there sure is a lot we don't know yet on many levels, physical and even in a spiritual sense.
The universe is alive and aware on some level, I agree with that thought.

But then that is just my own thoughts, and they are not for everyone, myself included sometimes.

edit on 5-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Of COURSE the Universe is intelligent! How can anyhting create infinity of amazing, complex material-designs and energy without intelligence?

People just show how small the intellect and comprehension of the human mind/brain has become when they judge something WAY bigger then themeslves and consider they are the only "intelligence" lives in the ocean of creation.

Seriously MamaJ, the only reason humans dismiss non-human intelligence/CONSCIOUSNESS is because they FEAR what they cannot understand or analyze. And THAT is the truth my sister.

All one has to do is activate the chakras up to the THIRD EYE, or brow cakra OR AJNA - to see what cannot be seen or perceived with the limited 5 senses.

I will tell you - all that black/dark matter is not so empty when your eye is activated
Again, THAT is the truth sister.

Sorry innocent and obedient human minds reading this - but I dont play games, nor do I waste time. There is a race for humanity to gain the LOST KNOWLEDGE RIGHT NOW, before the elites rip the chance out of our sight. IF you do not wake up (wake up is spiritual terminology, it does not mean you understand conspiracies..) NOW, you will regret it for the rest of your existence!

NO ONE wants to reincarnate back into this Earth realm when the elites have established their NWO - look at their talisman - the $1 bill - it says it right on there dumbos! WAKE UP NOW. I have lead you to the information and help guide you to the knowledge you need to turn off your mind, and activate your spiritual energy - so you can SEE what is really going on.

I can tell ANY READER here - ALL the information you need to understand the plans of the elite, to understand why the spiriutal and ancient knowledge has been kept secret for centuries and centuries, why society is constructed the way it is, why you only see physical matter and do not experience "spiritual phenomena", and what types of beings are odering this evil on PLAN-NET Earth.

"As above, so below" - the elite humans didnt get this far on their own my friends. I am leaving soon and focusing on total spiritual activation and conscious expansion VERY soon - I will give this opportunity to help open eyes as breif and simple as I can. This is your chance to wake up - before you are trapped in the HELL that is upon humanity.

Sorry MamaJ - but black matter is irrelevant to us at this moment - we need to see what lies within that "empty" space, when the EYE is activated - then the indivdual can perceive beyond this light spectrum that the human eyeS are limited too - thus seeing into "other dimension" - thus understanding that space isnt as empty as is thought.

Science only sees 5% of reality. TRUST me.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Because you put this thread in the metaphysics - my response was 100% acceptable.

I know there are people who desperately want to find the truth here on ATS - there are some great-potential minds here.. But most are athiests - and this sets a block in the heart chakra/center, which blocks more chakras.

THIS IS THE TIME TO WAKE THE F UP! PEOPLE ARE TRYING AND TRYING TO HELP GUIDE AND GIVE YOU THE KNOWLEDGE BUT YOUR PURE IGNORANCE AND FEAR OF WHAT YOU CANNOT UNDERSTAND LIMITS YOU FROM GAINING THIS ADVANTAGE IN REALITY.

ENOUGH is ENOUGH people. If you want the truth ask yourself if you can HANDLE THE TRUTH. Because what ou have obediently been taught, been told, been tamed to understand - IS WAY easier to accept then the TRUTH.

For in fact - the truth is WAY "stranger" then fiction. But when you become strong in the mind and in the heart - it will become natural and oyu will again learn what being a human being of this creation is about. Something our ancestors ALL knew at one point before the fall - before the chaos - before the agenda of world domination.

How do you control a spiritual species that is powerful in the mind and heart? Trick them that they do not have a spiritual essence, that their minds are nothing more then think/remember/dream tools, and that GOD is OUTSIDE of themselves.

I dont talk of some bull*snip* "GOD" from a book - the talk of the CREATOR who CREATED YOUR SOUL, YOUR MIND. You need to get this stuff downloaded in your conscious mind - if you are to expand, because the potential of the human is limitless - and that is not understood when one just thinks they are a bag of bones/muscle and blood... Its understood when you FEEL your inner energy!

My offer is on the table - maybe I will make a thread and ask those if they want this chance to learn.

Thank you again MamaJ - Love and Wholeness to you all

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DARREN1976

Originally posted by DARREN1976

It could very well be intelligent... it is often said that on a macroscopic scale, the universe does resemble a large brain, for example... the galaxy clusters do resemble neurons from a brain don't you think?

Yes, I agree. Some pictures of the universe does indeed seem to resemble neurons from a brain. The patterns/similarities are there.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

but shouldn't this be in the science section?

I explained in the Op why I placed the topic in this section.

"I chose to put it in this forum simply because I personally find myself (when talking about dark matter and energy) using the subject matter in terms of a metaphysics topic. It's just who I am.. so mods... feel free to move if you see fit. "

Just like discussing yin/yang, it's easier in this section than science ..or so I feel anyway.

The article you linked is equally interesting to me and I find it funny how they are not claiming anything and speak of "regions of interest".

This "force" acting on dark matter is one research I want to follow

I'm loving all the responses so far. Getting into people's minds to find out what they think from their studies/reading thus far has me thinking I need more time. I will have more time tomorrow to add more to the discussion.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join