It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Egypt's generals oust Morsy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It seems the Jihadis in Egypt have a little problem. The Military has their tongue.

2142: Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood TV station has been taken off air and its managers arrested, state media reports.
Source

That's across BBC feed of the unfolding situation. I guess we won't be hearing 'their side' of the story anymore.

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish. Now then.....we have a couple media outlets over here .....Oh, nvm. I'm not suppose to talk like that.

I'd also note, it took our scumbag politicians less than a day to start trying to get into the middle of it and take ownership, if not at least direct the flow of things. Oh brother...

House Majority Leader Cantor: 'In the difficult days ahead, it will be important for Egyptian authorities to safeguard the rights, interests, and security of all of Egypt's citizens' - via @NBCNews
Source

I hate to say this, being an American and all....but I rather hope they put the whole U.S. Mission in Alexandria and the Embassy in Cairo on House Arrest and restricted movement to anywhere but the Airport to LEAVE. The U.S. will be hard at work, as we speak, to corrupt and take control of anyone looking to become the replacement leader.....if not just force their own puppets in.

Again..It pains me to say all this as an American but as the old saying goes? I didn't part with American policy ...American Policy left me.

edit on 3-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I say we should follow Egypt's lead and oust our terrorist.

Whoops some people aren't going to like that comment.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I don't think Morsi is being given a choice anymore. His Jihadi buddies can try and cause trouble...but the Egyptian Military is 400,000+ strong. They don't even need to bother with the East side of the Suez. If push comes to shove, Israel would terminate that problem with glee and joy before wishing Cairo good luck on the new leadership and going home. If they didn't, the Multi-National forces lead by U.S. Military in the Sinai would.

I'd say Morsi better focus on surviving ...literally just staying alive. Former leaders in that part of the world don't usually have long lives in retirement when being removed. Sometimes...hours is too much to ask for.

Aye. Morsi is OUT. The Egyptian military has declared that they will make sure a democratic government that does not exclude parts of the population is constructed.

Also, the military stated very clearly that they would not let Morsi or his ruling group (of about 40 people) leave the country. He will likely be tried for some sort of criminal acts.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I say we should follow Egypt's lead and oust our terrorist.

Whoops some people aren't going to like that comment.

If you think Obama is different than his predecessors, you haven't been doing your research. In fact, he has basically continued and expanded the programs started under W's watch. The presidents that have worked for the good of the nation and it's people have been few and far between.

Back on topic: Is Egypt showing other nations how it should be done? If the government is not inclusive and doesn't respect the liberty of it's citizens, should the military be the functionary that pushes the reset button and tells everyone to try again?

edit on 3-7-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

When the Military is the only institution left in a nation that isn't totally infected and infested with Corruption? The Military is who it falls upon to make things right. In this case? Egypt has a fine military, it seems. Time will tell..but they did alright the first time they had to go through this, so their track record is encouraging.

If not the Military, who? Leave it to Morsi to have run that nation into World War III in a hand basket? Then the world would have been demanding to know why someone didn't do something ......yet, here we are, someone did. They happened to be in their nation's Uniform...and good for that. it seems to be working out well, thus far.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Is it still considered a coup if the people are behind the military?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Settin em up and knocking em down...

Mubarak

Morsi

Next Puppet of the West isss...

As long as the US backed military is firmly in control, there will not be a truly free election. They will try and fool the people again and again...

Sound Familiar?

Whats at stake is only the Suez canal. It's as important as that other one a half a world away... in Panama.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What the fudge is happening in egypt?? whos the bad guy? whos the good guy? Islam, Moslam, Egypt?? the world makes no sense no more, # the media!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join