It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009, Ed Snowden said leakers "should be shot." Then he became one

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Have you ever worked in the intel community?

Nope never have or will same with government actually do have an ethical standard.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lets just cherry pick what post we reply to
Do you have an agenda here? To keep pushing that tabloid garbage you posted? Thats why your thread fell off the main page, because people stopped replying after they realized your source was running a trumped up smear campaign. If you can refute this then I would love for you to defend the journalistic integrity of the article.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

It's all encrypted. They can't read it without the key.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by StrangeTimez

Thanks man!

Thanks for what?

Bringing up Fox News as if it somehow 'discredits' the article?

It doesn't, nothing anyone has said does.
edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I did more then bring up fox news. I tore your article apart. Or did you miss that?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And you will be on the wrong side of history on this one Neo. Really you are buying the propaganda they are feeding you. Funny how the authoritarians from the hard left and the hard right are bedfellows on this situation.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by neo96

And you will be on the wrong side of history on this one Neo. Really you are buying the propaganda they are feeding you. Funny how the authoritarians from the hard left and the hard right are bedfellows on this situation.

Is that right?

In the microcosm of ATS some like to think all bloody hell broke loose fact is it hasn't.

The majority of people in this country are too busy doing other things,

Wrong side of history?

Miss the part of just how long government has been in the spying business?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I did more then bring up fox news. I tore your article apart. Or did you miss that?

Actually all I have seen was opinions

Done with the self adulation?
edit on 27-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't matter to me!

The US Government has betrayed us and what they have done far exceeds what Snowden has done.
It is no longer about Snowden

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
People can change their minds a whole lot in three years, maybe he didn't understand what was really going on until he saw the evidence.
I expected TPTB to start digging dirt on him but not you Neo.

This.
I was in the military and have certainly changed my mind on what I was doing since then.
I thought I was serving the country but life has shown me the truth where I was serving not the American People but people in high positions of power and wealth that belong in the Hague.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez
reply to post by neo96

Lets just cherry pick what post we reply to
Do you have an agenda here? To keep pushing that tabloid garbage you posted? Thats why your thread fell off the main page, because people stopped replying after they realized your source was running a trumped up smear campaign. If you can refute this then I would love for you to defend the journalistic integrity of the article.

Back in 2009, Edward Snowden ranted online against those who leak secrets to the press

Four years ago, Ed Snowden thought leakers should be ‘shot’

In 2009, Ed Snowden said leakers “should be shot.” Then he became one In Internet chat, Snowden opined on travel, short-selling—and national security.

Edward Snowden donated $500 to Ron Paul’s 2012 presidential campaign.

In a June 8th interview with The Guardian, Snowden said: “A lot of people in 2008 voted for Obama. I did not vote for him. I voted for a third party. But I believed in Obama’s promises. I was going to disclose it [but waited because of his election]. He continued with the policies of his predecessor.”

Libertarian Party Voices Support for NSA Prism Whistleblower Edward Snowden

A little search you can find a lot about this guy. Im sure more of his thoughts will be brought out.......

edit on 27-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I was waiting for you to make a counterpoint of some kind. Instead you seem preoccupied with everyone elses opinions and conveniently avoid addressing any of the points I made. I wouldnt have made an issue of it but here you are still defending that article with everyone else. I just found it curious. But anyway, Ill take my opinions and leave the thread. Later bro.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I wonder how much information on ATS and its users Mr Prism has?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They make the same single point of him ranting. I addressed several other points that showed that specific article was more tabloid then journalism.

And to address that issue... Snowden said in Hong Kong he applied to Booz Allen for the specific purpose of finding this information and possibly leaking it. If you were trying to put yourself in that position wouldnt you say those things as well? Not like he would have to pass any scrutiny to gain access to the information
That is besides every point everyone else in this thread made in regard to that accusation.
edit on 27-6-2013 by StrangeTimez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez
reply to post by sonnny1

They make the same single point of him ranting. I addressed several other points that showed that specific article was more tabloid then journalism.

And to address that issue... Snowden said in Hong Kong he applied to Booz Allen for the specific purpose of finding this information and possibly leaking it. If you were trying to put yourself in that position wouldnt you say those things as well? Not like he would have to pass any scrutiny to gain access to the information
That is besides every point everyone else in this thread made in regard to that accusation.

Sure. I will buy that. MANY threads on ATS are pure Tabloid Journalism also!

Its hard finding a good thread nowadays...... Point is there are other "news agencies" reporting this too, with their own spin on it.

Its up to you to decide what is true, and what is BS. Fact is he said these things. Past, present, or Future, he said them.

I will post a good thought provoking thread on him. Its sure going to get his supporters angry, but it does come with some tidbits for those who like to think deeply.......
I for one don't see him as a hero, or a traitor. He definitely isn't the martyr some have made him out to be..... Hes a guy who did what he did.
edit on 27-6-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Well, think about it. He was just like any other American before he saw what he saw at Booz Allen. What he saw changed him. Wouldn't it change you? This really shouldn't be hard.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Ill keep an eye for it. Im sure there is dirt on the guy. I would love to think he is 100% Hero but that just aint happening lol. I need to remind myself not to focus on him per say, but the issue at hand. Even so, his roll in this is quite the story. According to him, he went looking for trouble. He found it. Then he ends up in this cluster$#^!? You would think hed have a better plan thought out. Instead of being stuck in Russia without a valid passport if you accept the reported stories. Part of me thinks he just wanted to go down in history. Not the greatest motivation. But that is obviously speculation.

Either way, I appreciate what he did. He is changing history. Now the question is will he live to see the fruit of his labors.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

You know, many Americans "forgot" about J Edgar Hoover.

If you get a chance look into his agency, what they were doing.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Awesome. Yeah, its a thought provoker, that's for sure.

You are going to get many different views form many sources. Take them ALL with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hes in his grave having a good old laugh right now lol. It scares me to think what he would have done if he had access to this type of technology. And he would have done it secretly and independant of anyone else. Subcontractors, foreign allies or fellow US agencies. We may never have found out.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wow had no idea the Washington Post was 'tabloid journalism'.

www.washingtonpost.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join