It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In 2009, Ed Snowden said leakers "should be shot." Then he became one

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Snowden himself said leakers should be shot now his supporters are doing nothing, but making excuses for him because apparenty the only country in the world who isn't suppose to spy on anyone is this one

You heard this from him? Or you read it in a gossip article? Please tell me which one. Because the article you linked too has the journalistic integrity of a drunk Fox news cast.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by neo96

Sure there is.

Don't use cellphones or the internet. Just go back to writing sealed letters and packages through the US mail.
You know... snail mail.

Yes and no before cell phones and the internet there was steam opening mail at the local post offices, and government watching what people checked out of their libraries,

Before that they were tapping telephone calls of communists, and anarchists, they have been at it a very long time, and they are quite adept at doing it.

link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez
First off, please beware of spin. We all know the government and media walk hand in hand. Then you read this article full of keywords to inspire hatred in Americans.... "took in the Muslim call to prayer from his Sarajevo hotel room" Seriously lol. What does that have to do with anything?

As well as irrisponsible journalism like: "and formed opinions about the food and the women in Bosnia, in Romania, in Spain." How would they know where he formed what opinions lol. They are trying to paint him as un-American and you are falling for it.

Then they publish an edited chat that has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING

< TheTrueHOOHA> You guys can't say I look gay anymore.
< User1> you look gay
< TheTrueHOOHA> not anymore. I'm living in switzerland. i'm the straightest looking man inthe country
< User2> rolpix
< TheTrueHOOHA> as soon as my camera makes it here.
<
TheTrueHOOHA> you guys wouldn't believe how expensive # is here, either
< TheTrueHOOHA> you can't get tap water in restaraunts
< User2> some examples, please
< TheTrueHOOHA> they make you buy it in bottles
< TheTrueHOOHA> glass bottles. 5 bucks a pop
< User2> you buy the tap water?
< TheTrueHOOHA> hamburgers are $15

What does that have to do with anything?
Does any part of that three page article resembles responsible journalism? Not to mention the only thing you left with was that his past self believes his future self should be shot....

Beat me to it mate and isn't it funny how the timing of this article seems to be perfect? Damage containment protocol kicking in?
edit on 26-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by neo96

Defendeng the rights of personal freedom of course. i dont think the guvenrment should be allowed to track down people the way its done now - they could do it in a legal way instead?

and that nothing cant be done makes it allright in your book?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeTimez
They are trying to paint him as un-American and you are falling for it.

Hear, all ye good people, hear what this brilliant and eloquent speaker has to say!

edit on 26-6-2013 by coolcatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If he did say that leakers should be shot then shouldn't he be doing an impersonation of Kurt Cobain?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

You snooze you lose brotha lol.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minus
reply to post by neo96

Defendeng the rights of personal freedom of course. i dont think the guvenrment should be allowed to track down people the way its done now - they could do it in a legal way instead?

and that nothing cant be done makes it allright in your book?

They write the laws, which doesn't mean anything to them.,

People are mistakeing my position here government does what it wants to do regardless of peoples opinions to repeat

Anarchist, communists, and for the new generation 'terrorists' anyone deemed to be ' threat' to government.
edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I don't think the US government will be capable of steaming open the mail of 300 million people plus interests in foreign countries.

They'd have to hire 5 million more temporary contract workers like our Eddy.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by neo96

I don't think the US government will be capable of steaming open the mail of 300 million people plus interests in foreign countries.

They'd have to hire 5 million more temporary contract workers like our Eddy.

True that was why they started using the net to spy because the post office doesn't generate the 'intel'.

Some say that is why the net and social media was created, and certain technology sectors received funding to facilitate that means to an end.
edit on 26-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree to the the goventment wiolate the laws and anything the say is "the right way" - but i dont think people just should bent over and let men in power do what ever they want to.

I was just curious if you thought it is okay that they do that, dosnt seems like you want to put in your own opinon bout that question.

You can label Snowden as a hipocrit and a traitor as much you want, but the fact is there are way to few people like him yet to be done something to make a change.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Minus

I don't like a lot of what government does but there are legal mechanism's in place where give them enough rope they hang themselves.

Running to other countries is just as bad in my book,.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Originally posted by neo96
I love how people are making excuses for Snowden.

He said what he said.

Actions speak louder than words. Just my opinion

But his actions were "I can't wait to be a super spy I can't wait to be a super spy!!!! Oh boy oh boy I'm a super spy I'm a super spy, Oh.. wait, that's really secret!!!! I'm telling everyone on you!!"

He was quite happy to be NSA material. I think the idea of fugitive whistle blower assange style, gave him an ego..

That's nothing admirable..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Is THAT really the only action you see?

Seems like you alwas wanted to be a superspy yourself

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree that running to other countries dosnt look good, but you know what he faced if he stayd right?
He would be locked a way without trial forever.

Land of the brave and home of the free - right

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

I agree that running to other countries dosnt look good, but you know what he faced if he stayd right?
He would be locked a way without trial forever.

Land of the brave and home of the free - right

Oh come on isn't Manning getting a trial?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Haha exactly!! he got one of those fast trials you know

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Haha exactly!! he got one of those fast trials you know

Sorry, they didnt kill him yet

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The magnitude of the crimes he exposed far outweigh any nefarious motives he may or may not have...he is a hero with a small "h".

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by coastlinekid

Thats so very true, maybe hes just an ero without and H but hes def there

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join