It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

my.news.yahoo.com

Former US intelligence technician Edward Snowden is en route from Hong Kong to Moscow heading to a third destination, the South China Morning Post reported.

"US whistleblower Edward Snowden has left Hong Kong on an Aeroflot flight to Moscow, credible sources have confirmed to the South China Morning Post," the newspaper, which has carried exclusive interviews with Snowden in Hong Kong, said in a brief report on its website.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well good news for Mr. Snowden! He's on his way to freedom from the US if everything goes as planned. Russia isn't his final destination as there is a 3rd stop, whether its Iceland or Ecuador we don't know yet. The US is openly charging Snowden and wants him turned over them and funny enough China is blasting the US for their cyber snooping.

Anyways, God speed Mr. Snowden!

my.news.yahoo.com
edit on 23-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I hope he has a safe trip. Keep us updated

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Any chance that US operatives working for a three letter agency could detain him in Moscow since the article notes he is on board Aeroflot SU213 flight and will land at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport at 5:05pm (1305 GMT)?

I certainly hope Snowden is safe and doesn't become yet another US citizen killed by Obama and his drones...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Mmmm, Now if I was in his shoes, I would head to an island and start anew, AKA Cast Away style!!
Nobody can find you on an island now!! Just make sure theirs enough fruit and wild pigs....and solar panels....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I was thinking that too. You can track his flight, it lands in 4 hours or so. Seems like adequate time for some folks to get there.

What if he wasn't on the plane at all? And was still in HK? Any chances of that?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
It's a mystery where he finds the transportation to run away.

Tells the whole world then ex-patriates. How come he didn't ex-patriate first and then tell the whole world? Or would NSA be all over that too? NSA is watching him run, it's what they are supposed to officially do. There are no US constitutions in the lands in which he runs, so it's almost like he never left Amercia.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Well good news for Mr. Snowden! He's on his way to freedom from the US if everything goes as planned. Russia isn't his final destination as there is a 3rd stop, whether its Iceland or Ecuador we don't know yet. The US is openly charging Snowden and wants him turned over them and funny enough China is blasting the US for their cyber snooping.

Anyways, God speed Mr. Snowden!

my.news.yahoo.com
edit on 23-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

I predicted something like this 12 days ago; link

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by introV

I'd almost hope that this flight is a red herring and he is on a completely different flight to another location.

I am not sure what the international rules are for a US operative to detain a US citizen in Russia; perhaps while in Northern Ireland Obama and Putin discussed the possibility that Snowden might find himself in Russia and reached an agreement on how it would be handled... I sure hope that didn't occur.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
And here is the press release from HK Government:

The HKSAR Government today (June 23) issued the following statement on Mr Edward Snowden:

Mr Edward Snowden left Hong Kong today (June 23) on his own accord for a third country through a lawful and normal channel.
The rest in the link: HK Gov Press Release re Snowden

Here comes the "commie" trolling...

Wikileaks says that it has provided lawyers and that they're on board the flight with him.

LOL at this part:

Meanwhile, the HKSAR Government has formally written to the US Government requesting clarification on earlier reports about the hacking of computer systems in Hong Kong by US government agencies. The HKSAR Government will continue to follow up on the matter so as to protect the legal rights of the people of Hong Kong.

It helps that there's a chill between Obama and Putin over Syria. Could work in Snowden's favour.

I imagine there were a few people incoherent with rage in the NSA when they found out HK had let him leave

edit on 23-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Next few hours may prove interesting to say the least..

Good luck to Snowden !

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Had to share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
He's off to Moscow on his way to "freedom"?

Its more like from the frying pan (U.S.) into the Fire (Russia).

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

thanks fot sharing!

Also love this quote:
Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian president Vladimir Putin, said: "I don't [know if he's planning to stay in Moscow]. I heard about the potential [arrival] from the press. I know nothing."

On whether Moscow would still consider a request for asylum from Snowden: "Every application is considered so it's standard procedure … We are not tracing his movements and I know nothing."

US authorities could not be reached for comment immediately.

www.guardian.co.uk...

me? i know nothing!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
If you want to watch the flight in real time as it comes in, grab a coffee and knock yourself out. Only another 3 hours and 11 minutes to go.

SU213 Live Flight Info

The consensus seems to be he'll most likely change planes in Russia and head for either Iceland or Ecuador but nobody knows for sure. Not even the Russian President or his aide apparently...
edit on 23-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk/global/2013/jun/23/edward-snowden-leaves-hong-kong-moscow-live

10.37am BST

Interfax, the Russian news agency, is saying Snowden is set to fly on to Cuba. It's citing Aeroflot sources as saying there is a ticket in the American's name for a Moscow to Cuba flight, Reuters reports.

www.interfax.com/news.asp

06/23 13:40 Nobody will detain Snowden at Sheremetyevo, if his visa is alright - police

06/23 13:36 SNOWDEN'S ULTIMATE DESTINATION IS VENEZUELA WHERE HE WILL FLY TO FROM MOSCOW WITH STOPOVER IN HAVANA - SOURCE

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archie
Wikileaks says that it has provided lawyers and that they're on board the flight with him.

If I was writing a novel, one of the "lawyers" would fake a medical emergency about now as the plane passes near Omsk. Plane makes emergency landing there, Snowden gets off, goes through customs without any annoying American agents getting in his way and vanishes untraced into the vastness of Russia...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Good Luck to him. He is better off escaping otherwise he will end up like these two..

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

It's very telling, though, isn't it?

I mean, a whistleblower on American government spying on it's people HAS to go to Russia to be free.

Who would have thought that Russia is better than America when it comes to freedom.

We are all so screwed.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So Snowden went from US to China next Russia then Cuba and finally Venezuela. Hell he should make a pit stop in Iran so he can visit all America's enemy's in one trip and drop off all his secrets

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join