learn more

Snowden en route from H.K. to Moscow: report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by introV

I was thinking that too. You can track his flight, it lands in 4 hours or so. Seems like adequate time for some folks to get there. What if he wasn't on the plane at all? And was still in HK? Any chances of that?

i think it's more probable that he gave the media something juicy to publish in exchange for providing cover to him. he's likely already gone somewhere else under a different name.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
So Snowden went from US to China next Russia then Cuba and finally Venezuela. Hell he should make a pit stop in Iran so he can visit all America's enemy's in one trip and drop off all his secrets

Well he's hardly likely to make a stop in an ally country. If he made a stopover in Australia, he'd be totally screwed.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
strange course to Moskou...

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

I was watching and wondering wether the pilot was drunk or something

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Tweet from Anonymous on #Snowden hashtag:

Ohai @BarackObama , how's all the 'secret' #surveillance workin' out for ya? U mad Bro?

LOL.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

current course is straight line to Iceland

edit on 23-6-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yoink! Hah! The boss ain't going to be pleased, no sir.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Perm?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Notice how we are all talking about Snowden and NOT talking about how the American government has run around breaking laws, violating privacy, spying on Americans?

When are we going to make America accountable?

Snowden just showed what America was/is doing.

And yet the despicable cowards in DC just continue to play the same damned game.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
reply to post by bowaconstricta

current course is straight line to Iceland

Not true.. plane still could land in moscow en.wikipedia.org...

its not far from it now, if you see that plane www.flightradar24.com... miss this spot then somethings up.
edit on 23-6-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Notice how we are all talking about Snowden and NOT talking about how the American government has run around breaking laws, violating privacy, spying on Americans?

When are we going to make America accountable?

Snowden just showed what America was/is doing.

And yet the despicable cowards in DC just continue to play the same damned game.

The thing is, I believe that time has passed. Power at the top is too well entrenched, and the US Government has been steadily stripping liberties (and making folks accustomed to it) for decades. And the majority of Americans have been brainwashed, gladly cheering it all on as their leaders goose step past them. And an armed insurrection would just speed that up.

Only way it would change is if the Roman Empire (US) collapses from its own weight, and there are enough like minded people to resurrect the original ideals.

I still pay attention to everything that is gong on. Though as time goes by, I find myself mentally and spiritually distancing myself from my former country. Like one would an abusive ex.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I really feel torn about Snowden, No I don't think he should be arrested for telling the truth about the spying on Americans as that is illegal for the government to do and needs to be looked into and stopped imo, But then he goes to China and tells them The US is spying on you and this is how when what where and why. And God knows what else hes told China. Which I feel is a traitorous act and deserves arrest.
edit on 23-6-2013 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
That last little bit about telling china that they were hacked I was a bit torn about. However, I accept his determination that it was because things these targets were civilian.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Too bad there will likely be no boycott of Google, Microsoft and Facebook and a deeper examination of the NSA.

And too bad the Chinese and now the Russians, who practice the same kind of surveillance, are likely milking Snowden for inside information.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Is this (his exit from Hong Kong) currently being covered much by the main stream media in the U.S?

I only ask because at the moment Sky News (UK) are giving this massive coverage, its the top story on the news and they are even giving updates on his flight showing the graphics from the flight tracker linked above.

Im assuming journalists will be waiting at the airport where he is expected.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by introV
reply to post by NickDC202

What if he wasn't on the plane at all? And was still in HK? Any chances of that?

I was thinking along the same lines - maybe he was already on his way out on a yacht while the news broke. Well, soon enough we'll know!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wisescarab

The thing is, I believe that time has passed. Power at the top is too well entrenched, and the US Government has been steadily stripping liberties (and making folks accustomed to it) for decades. And the majority of Americans have been brainwashed, gladly cheering it all on as their leaders goose step past them. And an armed insurrection would just speed that up.

i think beezer was making the point that we're discussing snowden and his travel plans instead of focusing on spreading information about the leaks on unconstitutional spying programs.

americans have become apathetic, which is why it's time to make them aware of what's going on.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

It's not being a traitor. It's following your conscience.
edit on 23-6-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
According to flightradar, on final approach, landing in 5 minutes or so.
Edit - actually, looks like another few minutes, flight is going to go past the airport and come in from the west.

Edit 2- and landed, what appears to be safely without being hit by an American missile "accident".
edit on 23-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Wisescarab

i think beezer was making the point that we're discussing snowden and his travel plans instead of focusing on spreading information about the leaks on unconstitutional spying programs.

americans have become apathetic, which is why it's time to make them aware of what's going on.

I think that's just a failing of how our culture is, they want a face to focus on. Same thing in elections. And the media is doing a good job of subverting things and spinning everything around.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join