It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You thought PRISM was something? Say hello to "Bonesaw." It may already have said hello to you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What with all those trillions of tax dollars down the drain...they better had come up with something this fancy!
Otherwise they actually wasted all that dough $$$.

Of course it's immoral either way you look at having your privacy invaded. But wouldn't you rather have responsible immoral tyrants who spend wisely rather than irresponsible incompetent tyrants?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
heres a technique i use to stop them from listening to me, play music very loud lol.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Okay, so all of us on this thread, we all go over to Silent Thunders basement and start networking all our computers and laptops and TAKE THE FIGHT TO THEM!!! I have an i7 laptop with 8gbs and.........this isn't going to work is it guys??? least we can raid his fridge....

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hatestuff
heres a technique i use to stop them from listening to me, play music very loud lol.
what

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Obviously if you want to setup a global surveillance program you need some excuses so people believe you. You don't just say me and my ultra-rich friends who are evil as hell and would like to eat you for breakfast and use your tax dollars to accomplish this. You create "terrorists" by invading countries, by weakening the economies, you buy the media, you spread continous propaganda while hiding the truth.

If you wanted to control the world without anyone suspecting you, then how would you do it? The real issue is people lack immagination and assume too much goodwill from those that deserve absolute contempt and hate. You don't praise satan. You destroy him!

It suprises me that so many people are suprised because they finally have the proof they demanded and were always quick to scorn the skeptics and believers. Well now people have it and what the # are you gonna do about it?

My "friend" in high school used to say that all the time, "hey bro watcha gonna do about it" at which time I swung a right hook and nail him in the face. blood comes pouring down, we go on the floor and the principle comes to break it up. but he learned his lesson and didn't mess with me after that.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
What with all those trillions of tax dollars down the drain...they better had come up with something this fancy!

Of course it's immoral either way you look at having your privacy invaded. But wouldn't you rather have responsible immoral tyrants who spend wisely rather than irresponsible incompetent tyrants?

no i would rather have the irresponsible incompetent ones.

can we get a refund for those trillions

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

no i would rather have the irresponsible incompetent ones.

can we get a refund for those trillions

My sarcasm was intended to show "why we should take these claims seriously and look into them", in a response to some posts assuming it was all fabricated hoaxes. Maybe it is but taking it serious was the intention of my post.

I apologize for not explaining that. It would have ruined the point of the sarcasm however.

But really irresponsible incompetent tyrants are the worst kind of all. They cause the most destruction because they have no aim in their methodology.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Seriously, the only thing you can do is unplug. From everything. And well, 99.99% of people won't.

Gadgets and computers and life is too convenient, easy, laid back. Most people won't break a sweat willingly by exercising, hence we have epidemic obesity. Microwaves, fast food, instant gratification. Life in the fast lane.

So, the governments have exploited that. While most weren't looking, they snuck in the unwatched backyard, and took advantage of vulnerabilities most didn't even know existed. Even now that they know, they are helpless to do anything. Even ATS, you think you are anonymous because you hide behind 6 proxies on your way here? Don't make me laugh.

If they access the backbones, which is exactly what was revealed, it just doesn't matter. This was suspect years ago when people set up such things as the Cracker remailer that "hackers" used. Anon remailers, where the admins didn't keep the records, when ordered in court to turn over users info, shrugged and said, "We don't keep records on users, sorry!"

The only option was obvious, move upstream, and catch them at the main entrances, the backbones.

At this point, there is only one thing that will "save" us, and it will send us back, temporarily, to the dark ages. An EMP. The bad thing is, we will only emerge two years or so later that much more behind, that much more ignorant, but much cleaner of government snooping. Sadly, the cycle would only start all over again.

We, the people allowed it, helped create it, allowed our rights to be trampled in the name of "safety", allowed corrupt pols to remain in office, and sat on our bums while voter fraud ran rampant and typed like angry key board warriors as more of our rights were stripped away.

We, the people, are as guilty as the government in creating this monster, and now we are helpless to stop it.

Even now, even as we know what we do, NOTHING is going to stop it, it is and will continue to go on. No one cares enough to do anything more that gritch about it online.

How typical, how expected, is that? And they knew it was likely all we would do.

Oh, they worried a bit it might go haywire, and DHS stocked up for some riots, but it's already over, but the whining.

And not one person has protested. They, we, won't get out of the AC and off our comfy couches, and go DO something.
We deserve what we get. We earned it.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Why an EMP attack? Everything can be deleted with the proper user input.

The first step is taking control of government and making it fair. Not enough people have awakened yet. When they do then probably things will change.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

But really irresponsible incompetent tyrants are the worst kind of all. They cause the most destruction because they have no aim in their methodology.

Maybe they cause more destruction with their incompetant methods but they are easier to spot and eventually subdue. The higher skilled ones are a nightmare even if they cause less damage. Anyway this is just my opinion.
edit on 23/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The only think I take heart about all of this horrible and frightening technology is that, perhaps they have too much information coming in from everywhere and that, for the majority of us they simply cannot process all our data. To hold this much data, that is going on around the world 24/7 the storage I suspect must be immence. An awful lot of what they take will be trite and trivial. But certainly not all and how much access does this technology give to different country's company's, particularly their trade secrets, research and industrial secrets etc, their armies, navies etc. Whoever controls or can access this vast plethora specifically for the information they want can ultimately take over the world because there is nothing they couldn't find out and plan ahead for.

What bothers me is that these operations, must ultimately cost a fortune and, as we now know the various States around the world that utilize this data, are unscrupulous enough to sell it, in order to pay for the cost of gathering it.

One of the most important powers in the world is information. The applications that have come to light show now that every bit of our lives is accessible and known. It means that every weakness we have can be exploited privately and commercially and not so far fetched even used to destroy us. It means that not only the State can gather information with which to blackmail and manipulate anyone. The calibre of some security staff monitoring street cameras showed a number of them were ex criminals etc so are we expected to think those behind a key board or listening post are any different. It takes a certain mentality to spy on your fellow humans.

Also, shouldn't we consider that were a country to decide to go to war, having all this information as well as people's DNA, which, eg in the UK is grabbed at every opportunity it would contain the blue print of information relating to our weaknesses and strengths thereby enabling it to make specific chemical weapons to target major known genetic weaknesses. As we have this info, suppose a State (for whatever reason) gave it to Saudi and Saudi decided to target Russia. This information, however disquietening could make an unbelievable option like this possible.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
If that's the state of the art then that's great news!
Everyone can relax, seeing that I can accomplish everything mentioned in the article (minus remotely killing people) from the comfort of my own home and haven't spent a dime (although, to be fair, I haven't a need to store yottabytes of data, either)

The thing that needs to be developed is a (cloaked) inverted-traveling knock-back virus… (§)
That's probably ~8 years away, though.(*)

(§)
[color=#FFA500]essentially being able to spy on whomever is indirectly spying on you.
[color=#49E20E]Hackers + malware = direct spying.
NSA + indiscriminate collection = indirect spying

(*)
@NSA: [color=#FFA500]I'll send myself an email with a job cost estimate for that project, and after you've read it, if you're interested – just let me know…you have my #.

edit on 23-6-2013 by 3mperorConstantinE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Well this is important news. Maybe we should not have gone down that road of techno gadgetry. Or maybe we never really had a choice.

It's kind of amusing that everybody is so shocked. Everybody is now connected to a device that is connected to a system which in the end is connected to.... Well you get the picture.

The marvel is that computing power makes observing all these connections laughably simple, and irresistible. Perhaps inevitable, in much the same way the original concept of connectedness was. Where does this go, how far does this machine generated seduction go and do we as humans any longer have a say in it?

That gets off topic but I see that everyone is concerned at the latest evolution in our predicament Computer control of dams, electric and nuclear plants, control of life support systems, medical implants. basic food systems, even our banking and systems.of money.

I say, can the outrage. There is nothing you can do about it at this point anyway. The only way to end this is to end the system of connectedness Get rid of the phone, internet, pay by cash. It's a tough sell. And given the past success of this invasion of harnessed electrons, (When you think about it moving electrons is the base of computing. Positive, negative charges.), it may be that they are in consort and have figured us humans out too well.

I say play along and hope for a good deal.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
During the Y2K craze I was told by someone whom would certainly know, that if I want an idea of how advanced the government and military technology is all I had to do was look at what top of the line tech was available to the public and multiply it by a factor of 3.

I am sure that factor has probably doubled or more in the 13 years since I had that conversation and I am sure that when it comes to surveillance the government has technology that is far beyond what the average person thinks they have.

Exactly. People really need to start using common sense. I don't understand why so many people seem to utterly lack the ability to simply take things to their logical conclusions.

Example - One step towards a surveillance state (even a very small and seemingly insignificant step) absolutely WILL NOT be the last one. It is the hint you need to see that this is a direction they want to take and they will continue to do so. From there, you only have to take it on faith that they will find a way to get where they want to go. The means are never important to such people anyway. Only the ends. Whatever stands in the way is just an obstacle (or obstruction, as they might call it) to be battered down or circumvented by any means necessary.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Alex Jones has been talking about spy programs similar to bonesaw for many years, but everyone said he was crazy. I guess he's not so crazy afterall. I'm not a huge Jones fan, but I have listened to him off and on sometimes, and he has definitely talked about this. I used to think it was pretty out there.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm starting to think it's time to unplug and get out of the "system". I don't like the feeling of being completely cut off from being able to read the internet, but part of me feels like I am going to have to give it up in order to be somewhat free.

I was talking about going off the grid with an ex military friend who laughed and told me not to bother, and that if I wanted to be found, they'd find me very quickly by satellite. I find this very disturbing. Where can I go to be truly free?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I think when 2014/15 comes around - things will have gone way too far and I'll just leave the internet, cellphone, tv, radio life behind

There is an infinite universe, with infinite possibilites out there, and I'm alive co-existing with it. My life and being is not to be governed by artificial life and creeps watching my every move.

I wasnt born artificial, I wont live artificial, nor will I die artificial..

Yea thats what I'l do, after 2014 I'm leaving the artificial life style behind and focusing on my LIFE. Something that actually means something and makes a difference to myself.

Thanks NSA, CIA, USA for the motivation

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Kind of like Metasploit but on much much bigger scale with a long arm.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PRwood

Or Armitage seeing as how it sounds like it's completely automated. The attacker doesn't have to put in much work.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You all must understand that once ENIAC (one of the very first comps) was born.....the rest is a matter of course....the turnoffs to sane and non paranoidal use of the technologies are far past before the people ever get to see the peaceful potentials of such technologies.....
We can only hope that the geniuses in private life are equal to the task of evening the odds by providing similar technology made from the resources available.....
(I just did the thread on some African dude who made 3D printers from ewastes......)these genius citizens are our one big hope...
The man who can show you how to wire a 1500 watt micro wave up above your door, that will keep even heavily armed intruders away....will be lauded by those who understand the principal of negating the weapons used against us to keep uis in line and paying the vig to the goverment mafia......
The first drone hacker, the first person to figure out how the cyber system can be turned to the peoples advantage, or simply nullifyed the offensive capabilities of the gov boys.

edit on 23-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join