It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How sad that Christians reject the good news that Jesus gave.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

You process words and seek differing meanings by studying other men's commentaries as they see it but your reading comprehension sucks
My comprehension skills are as high as a person's can be, so you are wrong about that.
Probably what you are thinking about is an "ability" to take snippets from disparate sources in the Bible and string them together to create your own explanations for things but are not anything actually taught in the Bible.
Being cast out into the darkness in Jesus' parables is a description of what was going to happen to the Jews for rejecting him, with all of those parables of that type by him being about that subject.
edit on 24-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Your misstatements about when the Sun and Moon being darkened is clarified in Matthew 24 verse 29 and is tied directly to the coming of Christ . Would you like to clarify your self ?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

You say we have the bible, but you pick and chose what you determine to be relevant and the rest is a fraud .
I do know that in Daniel 12 Christ comes after the Abomination of desolation . Now there is given 1290 days till the Abomination is finished . Blessed is he that waiteth to the 1335th day . Old buddy that Is Jesus Christ .Jesus said If he waited too long no flesh would be saved . The difference is 45 days or 1/2 of a season .

The time of the Abomination is after the war of Gog and Magog written of in Ezekiel 38 . If you will actually read the Bible in Ezekiel 39 which gives the actions of the Lord coming back to save Israel from the AC who is about to end the False Peace he brought . By saving Israel from the being totally destroyed during the war of Gog and Magog , the AC will facilitate the building of the Temple so he can carry out the determination of God and defile it .

Read the whole bible ! Old testament prophecy is valid for the endtimes . Daniel 12 verse 12 concerns Christ coming back . Zechariah 14 is about Israels defeat during this next battle . Isaiah chapter 24 deals with the calamity spoken of in Matthew 24 verses 29 and 30 .
Get rid of those commentaries and read the bible .

Simon,

Like your avatar name, so does St. Peter.

I hope you remember the the prophecy in Daniel includes the "continual sacrifice" written along with, including
the term the "abomination of desolation." Why are they together and what exactly are they? In current
prophecy, Our Lord shares the "abomination of desolation" happens when the anti-Christ ATTEMPTS to
abolish the most Holy Eucharist. It fits, you receive Our Lord at Holy Mass, the Holy SACRIFICE of the
Mass offered every day, every hour all around the world beginning in 33 A.D.

Major end time question, why would the anti-Christ attempt to abolish the Eucharist if it isn't true?

blessings,

colbe

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I read the KJV and am no Catholic . The Antichrist per 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2 sits in the Temple seat of God trying to show that he is God . He defiles the Temple . First he must bring a halt to the hostilities of the Gog and Magog war to permit the Temple to be built .This would make many think he was the Messiah because he saved Israel from utter destruction per Zech 14 . The real Jews will reject him as a fraud and he will in his fury seek to expunge Israel from the map . That is when Christ comes to save Israel .The Eucharist as you call it is not the Daily Sacrifice at the Alter of God nor the Temple of God . And the pope nor Billy Graham are a kin to the Temple services . We are talking Judaism and the Temple Mount .

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by colbe

I read the KJV and am no Catholic . The Antichrist per 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2 sits in the Temple seat of God trying to show that he is God . He defiles the Temple . First he must bring a halt to the hostilities of the Gog and Magog war to permit the Temple to be built .This would make many think he was the Messiah because he saved Israel from utter destruction per Zech 14 . The real Jews will reject him as a fraud and he will in his fury seek to expunge Israel from the map . That is when Christ comes to save Israel .The Eucharist as you call it is not the Daily Sacrifice at the Alter of God nor the Temple of God . And the pope nor Billy Graham are a kin to the Temple services . We are talking Judaism and the Temple Mount .

Hi, thanks for your kind reply. This is the reason I said "remember" SimonPeter. Important, God is going to show you personally Roman Catholicism is the true faith before the anti-Christ and his evil. God wants you to become Catholic.

The temple in the New Covenant is Christ's Church, the Roman Catholic Church. Christ's Church certainly will be defiled when the anti-Christ tries to abolish (ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION) the Holy Eucharist. He is out to destroy the faith of which the summit of the faith is Our Lord's presence in the Eucharist.

This is the New Covenant, there is no temple going to be rebuilt.

A message from Our Lord about the "abomination of desolation." I included in parenthesis a definition of "sanctifying grace" God's grace, His presence enters your soul at water baptism and remains until you commit a mortal sin. God cannot be where sin is... Repentance and Confession of your serious sins to God on a regular basis for the life of your soul.

Why Jesus established the Sacrament of Confession (John 20:23). Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession.

God bless you SP,

+ + +

God Speaks Will You Listen

www.godspeakswillyoulistne.org...

ll/6/07

GOD SPEAKS WILL YOU LISTEN

Many teach the anti-Christ will resume the Jewish sacrifice in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem to constitute the abomination of desolation. But Antiochus can be considered a partial fulfillment of the abomination of desolation. But the complete fulfillment has not yet taken place. At My death, the veil, in the temple was rent in two and the old sacrifice covenant was replaced by the New Covenant. My sacrifice on the cross was the final sacrifice for My people's sin. I am the fulfillment of the promise of Abraham, the son of David, in whom all the nations are blessed. My nation of Israel is My church, not the modern nation of Israel. My people are now all those who become part of My Church through sanctifying grace. (those people who know of, those who discover because they didn't know, shall accept the Truth, God's Church at the time of the Great Warning, then will confess their sins to get in the state of "sanctifying grace.") The complete fulfillment of prophecy from Daniel, the abomination of Desolation will occur: When the continual Sacrifice of the Mass is abolished by the false prophet and the anti-Christ. Acceptance of the Protestant doctrine of the Mass by an anti-Pope will be the fulfillment of prophecy. The temple of God is My Holy Roman Catholic Church.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Your misstatements about when the Sun and Moon being darkened is clarified in Matthew 24 verse 29 and is tied directly to the coming of Christ . Would you like to clarify your self ?
You can "clarify" it yourself by looking at Revelation. You were talking about an "earthquake" the likes of that had never been before. That is in the part right before the gathering of Armageddon.
There is no earthquake in Matthew 24. There is a mention of the darkening of the sun and moon, though, as there is also in Revelation.
I don't see Matthew as clarifying Revelation. Both seem to be going off of Old Testament prophecies like Isaiah and Joel.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You process words and seek differing meanings by studying other men's commentaries as they see it but your reading comprehension sucks
My comprehension skills are as high as a person's can be, so you are wrong about that.: (no reason given)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the most intelligent person on the planet thinks he's stupid, you know that? you're not him

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The Antichrist per 2nd Thessalonians chapter 2 sits in the Temple seat of God trying to show that he is God
The is nowhere in the Bible, a person called the antichrist. There is in the letters of John something called the spirit of antichrist which denies Jesus being the Messiah and Son of God. But a character called the antichrist is something made up and not from the Bible. 2 Thessalonians talks about a "Man of Sin" but does not further identify him other than that he operates after the manner of Satan, which is by deception.
The Greek word translated as sit, can also mean to be set, as you see it translated in the 2011 edition of the NIV Bible.

He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

The part translated as "or is worshiped" is the Greek word, sebasma, meaning object of worship, which you also see in Acts where it is telling the story of Paul in Athens and he says that he was looking at their sebasma, which is their shrines to the gods. The idea being that besides the gods themselves that the Greeks worshipped, they also effectively worshiped things and places as holy. I think that this introduction of possibly concerning multiple gods and shrines would exclude the surety that what the writer of this "letter" referring to was only having to do with the "one true God" and so the "temple of God" does not necessarily mean the temple in Jerusalem.

He defiles the Temple .
This appears to be some conjecture loosely based on the word, "abomination" being used in the Bible in connection with Jerusalem.

First he must bring a halt to the hostilities of the Gog and Magog war to permit the Temple to be built .
This is more conjecture based on Daniel mentioning a peace treaty being made. There is no mention in the Bible of people rebuilding a temple other than the work that was done at the end of the Babylonian exile.

This would make many think he was the Messiah because he saved Israel from utter destruction per Zech 14 .
More conjecture here really only additional detail filled in by the imagination of a peace treaty briefly mentioned in Daniel. If someone wanted to find a fulfillment of that they could look at five generations of the rulers of Judea having a pact with the Roman Empire, which of course ended badly for the Jews in 70 AD.

The real Jews will reject him as a fraud and he will in his fury seek to expunge Israel from the map
This seems to be going back to 2 Thessalonians where the writer is describing how this Man of Sin deceives people with signs. Then it adds more recent propaganda by the zionists about Ahmadinejad.

That is when Christ comes to save Israel .
This could be based on several such old testament prophecies. It is of course not connected to the New Testament, where Christians are the designated "God's Chosen People".

We are talking Judaism and the Temple Mount
There is no indication from the NT that this is what is being discussed.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Daily, Jesus is preparing our non-Catholic brothers and sisters to accept the faith, Roman Catholicism. Conversions happen, for right now until the "awakening", please pray, pray, pray.

If you say "no" now, please remember for the time ahead. Jesus' prayer is the same today, that we all be of one belief. We live in a time when God is going to make it happen. Tribly is Protestant. The "maturation" spoken of in this prophecy is accepting THE faith, singular, yes, Roman Catholicism is the "narrow path."

TRILBY BALL
ft111.com...

June 25, 2013

Heed My word. Stay intimate with Me and prepare yourself for the miraculous. The Body of Christ is in a season of acceleration and restoration . There must be the restoration of ALL things to prepare the way for the soon coming King. In the preparation must be purging and progressive sanctification . The Body of Christ can no longer be content with saying "I'm saved" but must walk the narrow path toward spiritual maturation.

We are entering a time when fervent prayers and intercession will birth the miraculous -much like when Elijah prayed for rain after a three drought . NOW prayers will birth the miraculous after your spiritual drought. Hold on in faith to Almighty God...

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

A Rose is a Rose by any name

Your vain attempts to destroy the Christian Faith is evident . You have tried to fashion your own faith from the bible . Maybe you should write your own version .

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Your vain attempts to destroy the Christian Faith is evident
I'm only criticizing weird cult doctrines that are just made up in order to be subversive to normal Christian principles and the teachings of the Bible.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Your vain attempts to destroy the Christian Faith is evident

I'm only criticizing weird cult doctrines that are just made up in order to be subversive to normal Christian principles and the teachings of the Bible.

Really? A lot of folks think the SDA church has "weird cult doctrines." If for no other reason, I would have left the SDA church over the issue of prophetess Ellen White's Eternal Destruction theology. I don't share it, but I note that despite her ED theology, she states that "God is Love." Her ED theology says otherwise.

I learned a lot in the SDA church, but some I had to unlearn.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You have made up doctrine to satisfy your views . You have shredded the bible to your satisfaction. And you call the bible a cult .

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

The way I feel about it is if a person can not proclaim to be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ who was born of a virgin , raised the dead , died for our sins , and rose again on the third day and is now at the right hand of God I don't put any stock in their opinion . Processing words from many books does not impart faith on a person . Commentaries on the bible can be written by Satanist that seem to be believers ,departing from the truth little by little only to dissuade believers with supposed expertise therefore can be misleading . If the bible is not good enough for someone they simply do not have faith that God would preserve and provide his word to be received by all. They just do not Believe !

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

You weren't actually ever in the church. You may have been inside a church building but that isn't the same thing.
I have been inside synagogues tons of times but that doesn't mean that I was ever Jewish.
If you are an actual baptized member then that acknowledges a certain commitment with that congregation that includes tolerance of different views among the membership.
I have yet to have heard anyone going into eternal destruction in a way that would indicate that they thought that was a good thing. Adventist never use that as a reason to write people off as not worth caring about since they are just going to be killed anyway. It only motivates them to try harder to bring others to salvation.
edit on 26-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You have made up doctrine to satisfy your views . You have shredded the bible to your satisfaction. And you call the bible a cult
I don't call the Bible a cult. I wasn't shredding the Bible, I was showing how little of the Bible that your antichrist scheme is really based on.
I think it is sad that your core Christian belief, and your use for the Bible, is this mythology of someone who you are calling the antichrist, who isn't even in the Bible or was a Christian belief before your cult made it up.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The way I feel about it is if a person can not proclaim to be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ . . . I don't put any stock in their opinion
Can you quote a verse of the Bible that says, "saved by the blood of Jesus". If not, then it doesn't make sense to me for you to add that to your creed that you use to test other's faith with.

Processing words from many books does not impart faith on a person
It helps to understand what the Bible really says, which helps to avoid being sucked into cult doctrines that use misinterpretations of the Bible.

Commentaries on the bible can be written by Satanist that seem to be believers ,departing from the truth little by little only to dissuade believers with supposed expertise therefore can be misleading
The same can be true of cult leaders who invent their own doctrines.

If the bible is not good enough for someone they simply do not have faith that God would preserve and provide his word to be received by all. They just do not Believe
Most of my comments on this forum comes from just reading the Bible, and not very much that comes from actual Bible commentaries.

ETA: there is a thing in the Catholic Church called the Litany of the Most Precious Blood, that says in one place,

Blood of Christ, of the New and Eternal Testament, save us.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You weren't actually ever in the church. You may have been inside a church building but that isn't the same thing.

Dismissive.
Critical.
Judgmental.
Without sufficient facts/information.
jmdewey60 is a prophet.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Greatest I am

Why, if it was rebellion, has God rewarded that rebel by giving him dominion over the earth and the power to deceive us all?

Look around you. God has allowed a lot of evil to happen in order to get us to understand what's good and why we should turn to him to keep this evil from penetrating us while we are here.

Satan, Lucifer, Devil (he has many names) only has dominion over this world until God decides to end it and then he'll destroy Satan and the earth for having been corrupted.

Jesus said there would be suffering. Jesus said the world hated him, so we're not to focus on the worldly. He told us the world would hate us to for not participating in it and following him. He never said it would be easy. He said to be patient and call upon the Holy Spirit for comfort until he returns to straighten it out and take control away from Satan.

In God's eyes a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day. We have no way of knowing what his time schedule is for sure, but he told us to look for the signs. Many of those signs are coming to light out of the Middle East, where Jesus will ultimately make his return to set up his Millennial Kingdom and then replace it with a permanent one.

Don't be deceived by thinking that God won't be seen by the whole world when he returns, because he'll make himself known to everyone when he does. If you see the deceiver show up performing signs and wonders (which the Bible says he will do before Jesus returns), don't be sucked in. He doesn't have the ability to make the grand entrance that Jesus will when he returns. Until the entire world witnesses the sky lighting up, the heaven and earth shaking and the Mt. of Olives split in two, you're only witnessing the deceiver who will come to declare himself as God before the real God takes him out of the way.

So we should adore the one who allows Satan to run free and who cannot enforce his sentence. Ok.

You go ahead. I value my soul and will not sell it to Satan the way you have.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Greatest I am

I have been trying to get you to adhere to the words of Jesus.

I already do. If you were, you'd quit practicing mysticism that leads to lower level spirits filling your head instead, which contradict the words of Jesus.

How am I contradicting Jesus when I am quoting Jesus?

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join