It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How sad that Christians reject the good news that Jesus gave.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
How sad that Christians reject the good news that Jesus gave.

Jesus came to free mankind. Not enslave him the way the churches have done.

Hosea 1:10 Ye are the sons of the living God.

This makes them Gods W I Ps. Works in progress but they have settled for being slaves to God in heaven instead of Gods. Unfortunately, most refuse to climb Jacob’s ladder and find our God within as stated by Jesus.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Christians refuse to accept and have rejected their predestined fate and be brethren to Jesus and God.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

www.youtube.com...

Do you agree that it is quite sad that most Christian tradition and dogma has taught Christians to reject Jesus?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Not according to these verses:

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48)

The ancient prophecies says that there will be a false messiah (christ) and this one will promote messages of love but will cause wars. Jesus and Yahweh fulfill these prophecies. Even today those who believe in The God of Abraham (Yahweh) are still creating wars and destruction.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Christians refuse to accept and have rejected their predestined fate and be brethren to Jesus and God.

No, we haven't. We all just know that God doesn't become ALL IN ALL until we go to reside with Him when the new heaven/earth comes into existence.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Do you agree that it is quite sad that most Christian tradition and dogma has taught Christians to reject Jesus?

no, i think it's much sadder that even with the advanced brains we're supposed to have some people still haven't realised that we can use our own minds instead of following a 2000 year old 'story'.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Anyone who believes in Hell, Eternal Torture of the Wicked, or Eternal Destruction of the Wicked, has missed the mark. God's Will and God's Plan are to save, sanctify and glorify each and every human being. Many scriptures support this, and I have over seventy just a copy/paste away.

Jesus is the Savior of all men, especially those who believe - I Timothy 4:10.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

We also know that the "Kingdom of God within" is the Holy Spirit that resides in us until Jesus takes us to the place that he has prepared just for us.

John 14:2-3

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What's sad is that "New Age Christianity" is teaching people to reject Jesus' teachings by practicing mysticism and divination. They are the ones really rejecting Jesus.

Christians believe that Jesus is God, so how are they rejecting him?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48)

The ancient prophecies says that there will be a false messiah (christ) and this one will promote messages of love but will cause wars. Jesus and Yahweh fulfill these prophecies. Even today those who believe in The God of Abraham (Yahweh) are still creating wars and destruction.

Written in a time when actual slaves were bought and sold, and literately had masters which demanded to be called such.

I can't read that thinking he was talking about everybody their haha, nor do they mention bowing to priests or higher orders within the church.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
somebody needs to read the sermon on the mount and then spend a little time thinking and praying over it

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Actually Christ did promote love and peace, but did not cause wars. According to the story he even gave his life to prevent one, when he freely let himself be captured.

The Religion that say they follow his way.... Well you know what they do.

Then there is Islam that promotes peace, preferably if you are Muslim. That doesn't seem to work, even among themselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Prophecies eh.

Real eh?

From a book that begins with a talking snake and ends with a seven headed monster.

Yep. You go ahead and literally believe all that.

Don't expect respect from those who can think though.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

No, we haven't. We all just know that God doesn't become ALL IN ALL until we go to reside with Him when the new heaven/earth comes into existence.

If God must create a new heaven and earth, that means that he screwed up the first time.

So much for your bible that says that he creates all things perfect.

How much else in the bible would you like to scrap?

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

no, i think it's much sadder that even with the advanced brains we're supposed to have some people still haven't realised that we can use our own minds instead of following a 2000 year old 'story'.

That is exactly what Jesus taught.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Christians follow tradition and not Jesus' teachings. They are slaves instead of free thinkers.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Anyone who believes in Hell, Eternal Torture of the Wicked, or Eternal Destruction of the Wicked, has missed the mark. God's Will and God's Plan are to save, sanctify and glorify each and every human being. Many scriptures support this, and I have over seventy just a copy/paste away.

Jesus is the Savior of all men, especially those who believe - I Timothy 4:10.

No argument but there are few Universalists.

Most would rather make what was the master of all, the master of just some at the end of time and make a backslider out of their God.

Most will not believe intelligent Christian like this Bishop.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

We also know that the "Kingdom of God within" is the Holy Spirit that resides in us until Jesus takes us to the place that he has prepared just for us.

John 14:2-3

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Monotheism = 1 God.

You go ahead and settle for 1/3 of a God.

You quote a lot of the bible.

Explain this one.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

What's sad is that "New Age Christianity" is teaching people to reject Jesus' teachings by practicing mysticism and divination. They are the ones really rejecting Jesus.

Christians believe that Jesus is God, so how are they rejecting him?

By looking for him without when he himself said that one must look within.
Christians seek an idol to worship and saviour instead of a God to follow.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Don't blame God for man's free will. He may have given us that free will, but you'd be complaining if he hadn't either. We're the ones who took perfection and destroyed it.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
somebody needs to read the sermon on the mount and then spend a little time thinking and praying over it

Praying is a high form of self-gratification and that is why Jesus said never to do so in public.
I add that it is also self-serving to do it in private.

If you viewed that clip then you will know the truth of this.
Look at who you are praying to. Yourself.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

Why don't you read the whole content of the text? This verse describes having the eye focus on God and not wealth and worldly things. You can't focus on both at the same time.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Don't blame God for man's free will. He may have given us that free will, but you'd be complaining if he hadn't either. We're the ones who took perfection and destroyed it.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

Prove that God gave you or mankind anything or stop lying.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Regards
DL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join