It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cartoon That Will Destroy America And/Or Entertain Some Children

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What I wonder is to as if those that have formed their opinions have actually watched the show. There are several members from Australia whom have probably seen it and could give an opinion.

I have just watched the first 2 episodes of season 1 (two people reviewed as a commentary track) and while the puns are horrible, it is actually an interesting and funny concept for a cartoon. And if it happens to give Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church a hissy fit, more power to it.

I won't ruin those wanting to view it, but the concept is similar to Greatest American Hero in dealing with new found superpowers without being a parody or ripoff of that show. Condemning something before you know what it is about is called prejudice by the way.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

To be fair, you are asking for black and white in a world of grey.

In gender behaviors there are no absolutes, just propensities and statistical norms. Interpret those however you will, I think we all know what is meant when Darth Prime says he is "feminine".

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Wellllllllll IIRC, it was my first or 2nd anthropology course in my BA program in psychology . . . I no longer have that text. The information should be searchable. However, the oligarchy may have purged that information from the common sources. It was not a misunderstanding. Out of ALL the cultures studied over all the years of recorded history--WHENEVER--the gender roles became confused, chaotic, ambiguous, uncertain, interchangeable on a whim sort of thing . . . for more than 50 years, the culture disintegrated and the people disappeared--assimilated or just disappeared.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Dear BO XIAN,

Why must there be ooverlap?

It is quite plausible . . . that I did not understand your definitions and distinctions. Gender usually has to do with roles. Sexual identity normally grows out of sexual organs and hormones. Certainly there's some overlap.

One is a role and one is reality. I can put on dresses all day and never become nor wish to be female. It is a piece of cloth and does not change my sex. By the way, I don't do dresses and am not Scottish so no kilts either. I ask again, what traits are purely male or female, do women have to be weak and men hard?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

Perhaps you failed to understand that one of my main points was that

the oligarchy purportedly supporting and pushing so loudly, pervasively and for so long for "gay rights"

actually is rather schizophrenic about homosexuality. The leaders seem to exalt in it as well as, reportedly, plan to exterminate it and those given to it for the sheeple--when--they have used the homosexual interest group to the limit in trashing the old culture.

Reducing things to tab "A" in slot "B" or "Z" or whatever vs long term emotional intimacy ENHANCED by sexual expression is a sham, a farce, a seduction, a trap and a tragedy--regardless of heterosexual or homosexual.

The oligarchy doesn't really have SELF-ACTUALIZATIOIN in mind for the serfs and slaves--homosexual or heterosexual. They plan to exterminate most of them and ruthlessly use the rest as worker bees under a very tyrannical control mechanism.

They merely use things like the cartoon to help finish shredding the old culture.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

To be fair, you are asking for black and white in a world of grey.

In gender behaviors there are no absolutes, just propensities and statistical norms. Interpret those however you will, I think we all know what is meant when Darth Prime says he is "feminine".

Dear bigfatfurrytexan,

You say I am asking for black and white and then say we all know what Darth Prime meant by "feminine". Isn't that black and white? Jesus had long hair and wore what we would consider to be a dress, he did not wear pants. In the 1700s, our founding fathers wore long haired wigs and put white dust in them, they also wore makeup to hide their scars from small pox. I have been around gays for years, none has tried to convince me that they were a woman. They might talk in a voice others would consider "feminine"; but not to fool anyone about their true sex. I haven't seen that. You have to define gender for me, I only know sex.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Oh My Girl! the complete ultimate shade of it all!

AQuestion

i can comprehend where you are coming from, indeed how would one truly define what we are talking about, but females and males do differ in mannerism, the way they walk, their movements etc, and that was not 'taught' it's natural, it's what i natural do, feminine to generalize i guess one would say

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I didn't say anything about "have to."

I'm talking about what 'merely' IS.

It's been a while since I've taught and I've misplaced my text . . . dredging a bit from memory . . .

You can say that male genitalia and a lot of testosterone = a FACT of MALENESS. And, there would be a LOT of truth to that. But it's not 100% absolute truth for all individuals. Male genitalia and plenty of testosterone CAN still go with some individuals not FEELING and not PERCEIVING themselves to be very masculine.

That can be true even when they DO all the MALE GENDER behaviors and even most of the mannerisms.

However, what one DOES and DOES NOT DO

DOES influence a LOT one's perception of one's self--particularly in terms of GENDER IDENTITY.

And GENDER IDENTITY influences a LOT how one see's one's self as MALE or not.

Typically, in most cultures, men are providers and protectors a bit more than women to a lot more than women.

Men do not tend to think or verbalize near as much about RELATIONSHIPS as women.

Men do not tend to think or verbalize near as much about EMOTIONS as women.

Men tend to be more concrete problem solvers--in a one focus at a time fashion vs in a female multi-tasking fashion.

All that is MEN AS A GROUP. Certainly individuals in both camps cover the continuum.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime

Oh My Girl! the complete ultimate shade of it all!

AQuestion

i can comprehend where you are coming from, indeed how would one truly define what we are talking about, but females and males do differ in mannerism, the way they walk, their movements etc, and that was not 'taught' it's natural, it's what i natural do, feminine to generalize i guess one would say

Dear Darth_Prime,

Mannerisms are cultural and never accepted 100%. I lived with a guy from India in college, he liked to be very close when talking to you, I found it very disturbing and we were both straight. What was all the talk about "limp wristed" being proof of being homosexual? I have arthritis, I don't like shaking hands, it hurts. Does that make me "feminine"? You said that you are a drag performer, you let the audience know that don't you? Do you try and truly act or fool straight men into thinking you are female and available? Would you really want a man to go to bed with you thinking you were female and then spring it on him that you were a gay man?

One of the most dangerous and strongest young men I know is terrified of gays. I told him that they were not going to try and rape him and that if he said he wasn't gay they would probably leave him alone pretty quickly. You say you do drag, you say you do it as art. That is what I have talked about, I am talking about people trying to actually be something they are not and try to fool others into believing they are. I am talking about deceit rather than preference. I am talking about deceit rather than acting, we have had a history of men dressing as women in theater. That is not what I am talking about. I am talking about people who wish to change their bodies and people who wish to deceive others.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

This is about as far as I've gotten toward tracking such info down.

I neglected to note that my course was more than 40 years ago.

www.dogpile.com...

I don't know when I might get back to that dogpile.com list of links.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Dear BO XIAN,

And GENDER IDENTITY influences a LOT how one see's one's self as MALE or not. Typically, in most cultures, men are providers and protectors a bit more than women to a lot more than women. Men do not tend to think or verbalize near as much about RELATIONSHIPS as women. Men do not tend to think or verbalize near as much about EMOTIONS as women. Men tend to be more concrete problem solvers--in a one focus at a time fashion vs in a female multi-tasking fashion.

But you see you changed the question and did not answer mine. "Gender Identity" is different than gender. Someone that has to X chromosomes, has female organs and can bare children is insane if they think they are a male. Chastity Bono may have gotten a sex change operation; but, the genes did not change, she is still a female. Which trait should we not find in both sexes, humility, forgiveness, strength, hope, love?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Indeed, but if someone is Transgendered, they are not being deceitful, they are not 'tricking'

of course, i like the makeup, and the outfits, and the shoes, and the eleganza of it all, but i am not doing it to 'pick up guys' nor am i to be deceitful, Drag has some harsh stigma's around it, it's not even as acceptable to some other Gay men

what is femininity?are you saying that all men and women act the same?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Indeed, but if someone is Transgendered, they are not being deceitful, they are not 'tricking'

of course, i like the makeup, and the outfits, and the shoes, and the eleganza of it all, but i am not doing it to 'pick up guys' nor am i to be deceitful, Drag has some harsh stigma's around it, it's not even as acceptable to some other Gay men

Dear Darth_Prime,

I know it is not acceptable to other gay men, did you miss the part where I preach to gay men? I said I did not think you were trying to fool others, I get it. I preach to gay men. Do you understand that and that I am straight? Where did I promote a harsh stigma about dressing up for a show? Let me agree and disagree with you at the same time, I am tricky, trust me. Should you be allowed to come into our church dressed up like you were going to a drag show, would it be okay for me to ask you to leave costumes at home? Now, the flip side. If someone is truly a full time transvestite that wants to fool other men into thinking they are women, should I let them in the church to try and trick people? There are straight people like me in the church, it is not all gay.

I am attempting to have a completely open conversation with you so that others can understand the range of views. Gay does not mean transgender and straight does not mean macho. Read everyone of my posts for the past two days and please try and understand where I am coming from.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I certainly respect your right to your own opinion, OP, but destroy America? This will bring about the fall of the Republic? I think the staggering debt will bring us down long before weird cartoons do.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear Darth_Prime,

I know it is not acceptable to other gay men, did you miss the part where I preach to gay men? I said I did not think you were trying to fool others, I get it. I preach to gay men. Do you understand that and that I am straight? Where did I promote a harsh stigma about dressing up for a show? Let me agree and disagree with you at the same time, I am tricky, trust me. Should you be allowed to come into our church dressed up like you were going to a drag show, would it be okay for me to ask you to leave costumes at home? Now, the flip side. If someone is truly a full time transvestite that wants to fool other men into thinking they are women, should I let them in the church to try and trick people? There are straight people like me in the church, it is not all gay.

I am attempting to have a completely open conversation with you so that others can understand the range of views. Gay does not mean transgender and straight does not mean macho. Read everyone of my posts for the past two days and please try and understand where I am coming from.

i wasn't singling out you, i was saying in general,

have i gone out during the day in drag? yeah, either for appearances, or events, or sometimes, why not? but at the end of the day i am a man in a dress,

transvestite doesn't mean they are trying to 'Trick' or fool other men, nor anyone,

i concur, Gay doesn't mean transgendered, and straight doesn't mean Macho, in fact there are Straight Drag Queens too,

the point i was trying to make was that this cartoon is being viewed as 'Brainwashing and the 'downfall of America' because it involves a 'Drag' situation, or transvestite, and it is full of misconceived thoughts

speaking as a Queen, from experience,

the other point was i have been 'Feminine' since my earliest memories, i didn't get brainwashed by 'Cartoons', it wasn't this ""Scary Gay Agenda"" brainwashing America's children

people are talking about this cartoon before they have even viewed it

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm afraid that the prison gimp at .40 seconds will influence our kids into adopting a poorly postured stance and inspire them to go get their heads tatted just because.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Dear Darth_Prime,

My dear friend Akragon is not anti-gay, he doesn't hate people, I truly believe that. I believe that with my heart. These are issues that should be discussed. Should we promote gender identity in kids or let them find what they identify with? I will correct a homophobic as quick as I will correct a gay, I have opinions and am willing to say what they are.

You know, there was a young lesbian couple in San Francisco and they adopted a boy. They love the boy. He said he wanted to be a woman and they tried to dissuade him from this. They gave him hormones to delay puberty so he could better understand what he was asking. They were presented in the mainstream media as being evil people who wanted him to be female and it was completely wrong, they wanted him to be the boy that they adopted. They didn't want him to change his body to fit an idea he had. They wanted him to accept himself for who he was.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Just look how in England the sheeples kept quiet for
years about jimmy savile and the bbc.
The children were conditioned to this same sort of thing at
first. We need to speak up about tv programing agendas and
not make the same mistake by staying quiet !

Be aware, creating chaos while elites grab the power is
a Marxism tactic.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

i never said anyone was 'Homophobic', i'm saying it seems whenever it's a 'Gay thing' it's 'Brainwashing kids' and a 'Gay Agenda' and other nonsense, there is violence in cartoons and doesn't create the attention that a "Gay Issue" will,

that is like blaming Music for killing people

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Just look how in England the sheeples kept quiet for
years about jimmy savile and the bbc.
The children were conditioned to this same sort of thing at
first. We need to speak up about tv programing agendas and
not make the same mistake by staying quiet !

Be aware, creating chaos while elites grab the power is
a Marxism tactic.

Dear ToneDeaf,

Mr Saville was straight, not gay. He was a pedophile. There is a difference. Which is worse, two fifty year old men who know what sex is, sleeping with each other or a fifty year old man sleeping with a 10 year old girl who has no idea what sex means?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join