It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cartoon That Will Destroy America And/Or Entertain Some Children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

You obviously have a problem with people acting outside of their traditional gender roles. The "archaic" I'm talking about is you telling me I can't enjoy me some embroidering and sewing because I'm a male.

LOL when did I say that?

Assumptions coming from every direction!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Im sure they can be done just as well in a pink dress... but who knows...

Some of you guys are hilarious...

Tough crowd here today. I'm glad it isn't my thread

I don't think that pink dresses are much in these days. My granddaughter just graduated kindergarten a few days ago. Not many dresses. Most girls wear pants routinely.

WHICH MAKES IT ALL THE MORE NOTEWORTHY THAT THE CARTOON CHARACTER IS DRESSED AS A GIRL OF SOME OTHER DRESSUP ERA(1970s nightclub?)
edit on 19-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Akragon
LOL when did I say that?

It has been your contention throughout the entire thread. Must I really sift through 5 pages to present your very own posts as evidence?

link   

People are whoever they are... but I don't see a point behind having a boy dress up as a girl superhero...

Allow me to illustrate a possible point behind the series, and I would value your opinion on it.

Male dresses as female superhero and saves the day.

Message? One need not be concerned with clothing if one is doing good work.

Is this a good message or a bad message?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

I really don't understand you, and I don't want to believe you are simply being sexist. Could you elaborate, because I want to believe that you are somehow joking and Im not getting it.

Perhaps I am simply being sexist...

Something about little boys in pink dresses urks me...

*shrug*

but sure.... Everyone is free to dress their children as they will....

I don't have to understand or agree with it...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

WHICH MAKES IT ALL THE MORE NOTEWORTHY THAT THE CARTOON CHARACTER IS DRESSED AS A GIRL OF SOME OTHER DRESSUP ERA

Aye, this bothers me too. A lot of things actually bother me about the cartoon honestly, but I am not having the same problems as others and I am glad someone actually addressed a rather important point.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Tough crowd here today. I'm glad it isn't my thread

I like a tough crowd...

Brings out the demons...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

LOL when did I say that?

It has been your contention throughout the entire thread. Must I really sift through 5 pages to present your very own posts as evidence?

yup... better start searching...

Where did I say YOU are not allowed to enjoy sewing or embroidering.... hell be a ballerina for all I care...

Good luck

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hey, anybody remember those officers who wore the man-skirts on Star Trek: The Next Generation? I wonder if Gene was trying to give us some social commentary there?--or maybe he was trying to desensitize us so we'd become homosexual in the future

edit on 19-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

People are whoever they are... but I don't see a point behind having a boy dress up as a girl superhero...

Allow me to illustrate a possible point behind the series, and I would value your opinion on it.

Good message...

Is a lipstick lightsaber needed to fight crime?

Perhaps a makeup bag with a mirror... Just to make sure you look good whilst fighting said evil doers?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There is this thread that is relevent;www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a documentary about a 10 yr old transgendered girl. Born as a boy, Jazz has a gender identification disorder. Jazz has a loving, supportive family and is allowed to live as a girl, and wants to. It's an interesting documentary and sheds light unto the whole subject.
The OP includes an interesting video.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I admire your honesty. I wish we could grab a drink sometime and really discuss it, because I have a firm belief that you have the ability to understand it, even if in the end you don't agree with it.

I wasn't always how I appear to be, though I was never really sexist. I had a belief that gender and sex were the same thing and I couldn't separate those concepts. However, when I was shown gender across great swatches of time and culture, I could truly begin to see that these were concepts that truly do not have much root in anything substantive.

I hope you don't simply allow yourself to hold onto your views without some introspection every once in a while, whether it be alone or with someone you trust, like a partner or a therapist. Even if you never accept certain concepts as part of your life, understanding the viewpoints of others helps build bridges even when no other common ground can be reached.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

LOL when did I say that?

Good luck

Challenge accepted. It is my belief that based on your posts in this thread that you uphold only "traditional" gender roles, and that is the reason you object to this cartoon. I'll be back with your very own quotes as evidence to support my claim.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Good message...

Perhaps a makeup bag with a mirror... Just to make sure you look good whilst fighting said evil doers?

No different than a batarang or Batmobile if you ask me.

Gimmicks be gimmicky.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

LOL when did I say that?

Good luck

Challenge accepted. It is my belief that based on your posts in this thread that you uphold only "traditional" gender roles, and that is the reason you object to this cartoon. I'll be back with your very own quotes as evidence to support my claim.

Fair enough...

I do not object to females taking on the roles of the traditional male in society...

I do however object to a boy dressing in a pink skirt to fight crime....

Call me crazy...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Good message...

No different than a batarang or Batmobile if you ask me.

Gimmicks be gimmicky.

Do either of those have a second function?

Like lipstick?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Im2keul

It is more telling that you wouldn't answer my straight forward questions and decided to call me a troll. John Lennon said it best..

Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

Your question was answered, you are trying to argue something that may have been mis said.
It makes me no difference if anyone agrees. My kids ( boy 5yrs girl 6) and I do everything from planting flowers in the yard to riding 4wheelers. It's not about being gay or not. I have by my definition age appropriate things I will allow them to be exposed to. i.e Call of duty is not age appropriate, Little big world is, Vice city, no, get it?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Im2keul

Man, my current 15 year old and current 21 year old college senior both loved some Vice City when they were kids.

GTA IV was the first online game my youngest played. He loved that game.

I guess "age appropriate" is widely interpreted.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Apparently so.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
the basic difference in this cartoon and past some shared here toons is that there was YES many levels of ignorance in the past toons, but there was not an entire show based on these ignorance's. Doesn't ok any of the ignorance its just this show pushes it and concentrates the ignorance a bit far to 1...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join