It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capitalism is not the right system for Space Exploration

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Sowjet Russia
- First satelite in space (Sputnik)
- First man is space (Yuri Gagarin)
- First woman in space (Valentina Tereshkova)

The first steps in space have been done by a communist dictatorship. And that's despite the fact that the USA had the best rocket scientist at the time: Wernher von Braun.

So why did Russia beat the USA? Because the USA weren't even trying at the time. The capitalist structure doesn't see any reason to go into space. The only reason why the USA put men on the moon, was to show that they actually were able to catch up (and surpass) Russia in space. Once the USA accomplished that and it became obvious that Russia couldn't do the same, the whole reason for the US-space exploration collapsed.

As long as there are no financial profits to be made in space, mankind won't go there with the current capitalist structure.

More money have been used to bail out banks than the NASA received during it's whole run. It's almost funny ... almost.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xenoglossy

I agree.

We will only be capable of space exploration, if we can work together, as a single entity.

I've got lots of reasons that this is what it takes, and reason to believe, it got stopped dead in it's tracks, before we even existed.

But that's another story.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'll make sure Robert Bigelow, Richard Branson, Elon Musk, James Carmac, Dennis Tito and James Cameron get the memo.

edit on 19-6-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Yup, more people using the capitalistic idea.

Richard Branson is not even exploring, he is making money by flying rich people to outer orbit.

So the Capitalistic idea is not for exploration, until he gives money for free to get exploration started, sure but that would not be very capitalistic of him. hehe

James Cameron, went to get info for his film, but at the same time he gave his info to researchers. Go Canada!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

The capitalist structure doesn't see any reason to go into space.

With all the talk of mining the moon and asteroids for profit, are you sure about that?

I mean the Spanish just went to the New World to convert natives to Catholicism, right? It had nothing to do with the galleons full of gold that came back.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Bull Puckey! Capitalism is the best system for space exploration. There are trillions in profit to be made out in space. We just need to get the stupid government the hell out of the way. NASA has actually proved a hindrance to exploration and exploitation of space.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
The German V-3 cannon first man made object in space

Think about it the first thing in space is a weapon

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

I agree.

We will only be capable of space exploration, if we can work together, as a single entity.

I've got lots of reasons that this is what it takes, and reason to believe, it got stopped dead in it's tracks, before we even existed.

Tower of babel, thats the reason why.

" Look at these men, they are of one language, and one purpose, there is nothing they desire that they will not accomplish."

It was way in the "way back", long before we remember today, that we were sundered from eachother, fo the purpose of keeping us busy fighting ourselves, and thus keeping us from our rightful place in the pantheon of the universe.

We men, we all dream of being GODS, because we SHOULD be.

Only WE are stopping our ascent to the heavens, only WE are capable of impeding OUR progress. The human mind knows no bounds, men have only the chains they place on themselves.

Sad but true.......

True story........

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Sowjet Russia
- First satelite in space (Sputnik)
- First man is space (Yuri Gagarin)
- First woman in space (Valentina Tereshkova)

lets not forget that the Soviet space program had little concern over the safety of the people being sent into space. The US space program, on the other hand, really REALLY wanted to avoid having a capsule full of dead astronauts orbiting the earth.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

As long as there are no financial profits to be made in space, mankind won't go there with the current capitalist structure.
How do you explain all the exploration and discovery of the past 50 years then? Almost exclusively carried out by the United States.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

agreed. It would take many decades of exploring of our solar system before we can make certain profits for interested parties. But in this system, nobody wants to wait 10 years to begin generating profit.

Successful space exploration needs crazy devotion and higher ideals in order to overcome the initial problems of cost.

Of course, I don't want to mention the fact that if we all joined in together for a common goal, there would be no cost to speak off...the only cost there is...is the one we place upon...ourselves. It's because we want to make profit...things cost as much.

All materials needed are free in nature. Only thing that costs...is our labor.

In capitalistic system, the only devotion you find is towards profit. The quicker it comes the better.

when talking about crazy devotion and ideals...you can bet that if Nazis hadn't lost...they would be all over the solar system.

Or are they there already ?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Excellent point!
Jim Oberg (an ATS member) wrote a book, 'Uncovering Soviet Space Disasters'. I read it years ago, it was very interesting.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

How do you explain all the exploration and discovery of the past 50 years then? Almost exclusively carried out by the United States.

It is not for profit, it is for defense.

The US .gov knows a great many things about them, and even has weapons they think may be useful against them.

They know they are real, they know they are present.

They don know who they are or where they come from, or most importantly their intentions.

They simply observe them, and at times, attempt to interdict them, but have mostly no knowledge of them.

This is the reason for all the secrecy about them.

If the populous knew there was "others" scurrying about our world, and even the mighty US MILITARY was powerless to stop or even understand them or their purpose, it is feared, that there would be a complete breakdown in all societal constructs.

The .gov is foremost charged with continuity of society, above all other tasks. So they must hide what would harm it, while trying to learn enough, to able to have an effective countermeasure, in order, to guarantee, at least stand off capability, if not assured safety from "it", or "them" or "they". However one would like to think of "them".

We are talking about ants trying to understand cars, or planes, or space ships.

They are so far advanced, we are ants, and thus their reasons, and even technologies escape us, as we are not yet properly educated, or even close to being advanced enough to understand all that their world, lives, wants, reasons and purposes.

No ant, no matter how smart, can understand mans world, we are that same ant trying to understand "them".

It is not, at present, possible. We simply cant, they are beyond us.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

As the OP already established. Concerning space exploration...the only thing that was done was over 40 years ago. Considering that we landed people on the moon in 1969...in 2012...(almost 50 years later) we have unmanned probes on Mars. Not much of a progress if you ask me, in exploration context.

We are mostly doing surveillance...no real space exploration projects. The moon is so close...we should have some bases out there already...if for nothing else...than for easier exploration further in to space.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

lets not forget that the Soviet space program had little concern over the safety of the people being sent into space. The US space program, on the other hand, really REALLY wanted to avoid having a capsule full of dead astronauts orbiting the earth.

hm...I won't comment much on that one. If you feel that way...sure...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

agreed. It would take many decades of exploring of our solar system before we can make certain profits for interested parties. But in this system, nobody wants to wait 10 years to begin generating profit.

Successful space exploration needs crazy devotion and higher ideals in order to overcome the initial problems of cost.

Of course, I don't want to mention the fact that if we all joined in together for a common goal, there would be no cost to speak off...the only cost there is...is the one we place upon...ourselves. It's because we want to make profit...things cost as much.

All materials needed are free in nature. Only thing that costs...is our labor.

In capitalistic system, the only devotion you find is towards profit. The quicker it comes the better.

when talking about crazy devotion and ideals...you can bet that if Nazis hadn't lost...they would be all over the solar system.

Or are they there already ?

Simply scary, your mind.

I would have to agree 100 percent.

If they had won, there would be many bases on several bodies of our solar system.

They had tech, in 1945, we still dont have today even.

Von Braun, was like DaVinchi in his abilities, one of mans greatest sons.

Einstein was nothing compared to this man, if that is even understandable to most. He was a savant ahead of his time.

Quite curious, we have not seen another in all these years, even though the population of earth has doubled, tripled, and quadrupled.

They had to have come, and were stifled by industry, or are locked away in a bunker under armed guard, making toys that we will never even hear of.

Sad really, as it is obvious that throughout history there are always a few complete Genius types around, there should be even more with over 4 times as many people, so where are they?

Locked away, their master works never to see the light of day.

Hurts ones feelings to contemplate.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I agree.

I agree.

This very idea is what was able to make me accept the concept of globalism and a New World Order...think about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

I agree.

Tower of babel, thats the reason why.

" Look at these men, they are of one language, and one purpose, there is nothing they desire that they will not accomplish."

It was way in the "way back", long before we remember today, that we were sundered from eachother, fo the purpose of keeping us busy fighting ourselves, and thus keeping us from our rightful place in the pantheon of the universe.

We men, we all dream of being GODS, because we SHOULD be.

Only WE are stopping our ascent to the heavens, only WE are capable of impeding OUR progress. The human mind knows no bounds, men have only the chains they place on themselves.

Sad but true.......

True story........

Absolutely!!

A lot of people may not understand what you are saying, but I do.

The Tower of Babal incident described the humans working together as one toward a goal of space exploration, in which the 'gods' (aka Extraterrestrials) did not agree with.

"Look at them. We must go down and confound their tongues..."

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

agree with both of you guys.

Maybe that is the point. Somehow nature made sure perhaps. Or some higher entity. Until we are unified here on this rock under one single term "human"...we won't be "allowed" further than our own backyard. Of course...limitations are there simply because we are what we are...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
We can't just go for the sake of research, we need the potential for profit to spur exploration.
Capitalists will mine the moon and asteroids, then pour money back into more ships and more miners. So far, with governments involved, it's only the privileged few who have made it into space.
Money will be the incentive needed for competition.

<<   2  3 >>

join