It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

32 Million Data Collection Points in San Diego Alone...The "Truth" is Coming Out

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

and everyone talks about shooting out the cameras.
reply to post by kaylaluv

Nobody is calling for destruction of Public Property.

People are mad they are being lied to and spied on.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The "cameras" on the police car is a "new" system that detects if your plates are paid or not. The system scans your license plate and checks it against the data bank for payement. We have them here everywhere.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I hope this blows up in the government's face. This is getting out of hand and we need to somehow protect our rights. I encourage all of you to read a document from the Brookings Institue entitled "Recording Everything: Digital Storage as an Enabler of Authoritarian Governments." The document shows just how inexpensive it really is to record everything and store it for perpetuity. Give it a look. It's really scary.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by donmega
I hope this blows up in the government's face. This is getting out of hand and we need to somehow protect our rights. I encourage all of you to read a document from the Brookings Institue entitled "Recording Everything: Digital Storage as an Enabler of Authoritarian Governments." The document shows just how inexpensive it really is to record everything and store it for perpetuity. Give it a look. It's really scary.

Welcome to ATS

You got it...The lazy way to Police a Nation.

Collect everything on everybody and we sort it out later.

This will only blow up in their face if we have the courage to stand up and say enough.

There is ways to use technology....But to gather everything in the "Land of the Free".

This Can Not Stand...
edit on 19-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by donmega

Welcome to ATS

You got it...The lazy way to Police a Nation.

Collect everything on everybody and we sort it out later.

This will only blow up in their face if we have the courage to stand up and say enough.

There is ways to use technology....But to gather everything in the "Land of the Free".

This Can Not Stand...
edit on 19-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

Exactly. Another incident I had recently reminded me of how this can blow up in someone's face.

My wife and I were going to a friends party and needed to stop in at Trader Joe's. Her car is a huge Jeep Commander and apparently when we pulled into a spot she accidentally bumped one of those little Fiats and left a mark on it. We left not knowing that we had done something and about two weeks later the O-side police were at our door wanting to see the Jeep (which is in the garage). We showed it to them and the officer concluded that we had hit the car and so on (there was another nick on the fender from long ago but it matched up with the Fiat).

First thing that happened is that the officer told me to pay it or one of us was going to jail for "Hit and Run." Obviously, we were perplexed so I offered our insurance policy and said we would be willing to cooperate. Then I started thinking - what if this person driving the Fiat happened to have dinged his car somewhere else and then drove around looking for any car to blame that matched the paint color, height, etc. so I told him that and asked if he had camera footage. He said he did but when I asked to see it the story quickly changed to "we also have a witness." I asked to speak to the witness but he wouldn't provide their info.

The bottom line is that I (we) wanted it to go away so we just had our insurance cover it. I personally think that we did hit the car BUT what if we didn't?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

I wanted to show you this quote from another thread...I think it's Brilliant.

You're so, so right it's sad... I've been telling people about all these types of things for a while now, but especially about the surveillance aspect, people don't care because they have nothing to hide (apparently). These people don't care they already post their entire lives on social media sites for anyone to see and they're unable to see the ramifications of all this... I've said it many times and I'll say it again, those subservient sheeple who accept all of this and keep themselves willfully ignorant are MORE dangerous than ANY terrorist could ever be to our freedoms and liberties.

This is from user Dominar

PS...It was a Fiat (that makes it automatically his fault).

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

What we are talking about here is more nefarious. It is meant to capture everything, and then store key data points from the "everything" it captures. Do you think this will be used to your benefit? If so, why?

It is meant to capture everything in public.

If my car gets stolen, they may be able to pinpoint where it is according to the data points.

If my child gets abducted, they may be able to find her and her abductor quickly by looking at the data points.

If terrorists go get stuff to make a bomb, then go somewhere to test the bombs, then go to the designated bombing place (the park where I hang out) for a "dry run", they may be able to thwart the event by looking at the data points.

So, yeah - I think it could be used for my benefit. Sometimes, just knowing that there are cameras in these public places will stop a criminal in the first place. That's even better.

I look at this as a massive force of highly efficient policemen and police detectives. Watching, monitoring -- Everywhere, all the time. Can policemen make mistakes? Yeeeess. Are there corrupt policemen out there? Yeeesss. Could someone use these data points for nefarious purposes? Maybe. But don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Fix the bathwater and keep the baby. Know what I mean?

I will save you the quote about trading liberty for safety, but know that I find the very thought repugnant. Thus, we likely will never agree.

But remember, when you scratch or pick your nose....it will be seen by someone. You may think that the street is completely empty and feel that you have some modicum of privacy from that. But what you are not seeing are the thousands of little digital eyes peering at you. Tracking where you went. Like a psycho girlfriend.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Very well stated and trust me it has happened to all of us at some point. Some people have been suspended from high school for excessive flatulence for a couple of days. I also know my parents don't like it either.

Sometimes you just gotta break it down for people who "will not get it" for "reasons unknown".

"The paparazzi" will be everywhere, but except for celebrity shoots they are gonna do us.

edit on 19/6/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

What we are talking about here is more nefarious. It is meant to capture everything, and then store key data points from the "everything" it captures. Do you think this will be used to your benefit? If so, why?

It is meant to capture everything in public.

If my car gets stolen, they may be able to pinpoint where it is according to the data points.

If my child gets abducted, they may be able to find her and her abductor quickly by looking at the data points.

If terrorists go get stuff to make a bomb, then go somewhere to test the bombs, then go to the designated bombing place (the park where I hang out) for a "dry run", they may be able to thwart the event by looking at the data points.

So, yeah - I think it could be used for my benefit. Sometimes, just knowing that there are cameras in these public places will stop a criminal in the first place. That's even better.

I look at this as a massive force of highly efficient policemen and police detectives. Watching, monitoring -- Everywhere, all the time. Can policemen make mistakes? Yeeeess. Are there corrupt policemen out there? Yeeesss. Could someone use these data points for nefarious purposes? Maybe. But don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Fix the bathwater and keep the baby. Know what I mean?

I will save you the quote about trading liberty for safety, but know that I find the very thought repugnant. Thus, we likely will never agree.

But remember, when you scratch or pick your nose....it will be seen by someone. You may think that the street is completely empty and feel that you have some modicum of privacy from that. But what you are not seeing are the thousands of little digital eyes peering at you. Tracking where you went. Like a psycho girlfriend.

That duck quacks just like a MSM paid reporter/shill..

AMerica is DOOMED because MOB rules/democracy has replaced republic. And the nation of mostly toxic fluoridated lemmings egg it on!.. I am almost speechless and almost in TEARS! after reading that guys PRO-MINORITY report type actions.
I know My grandpa would drag him through the computer and take him out back.. people like that dont dersevre oxygen, because they are the same clueless lemmings that will snitch on every neighbor, til they are the only ones left, and noone will speak for him.. HECK he dont even require a voice, just roll on back, show tummy, like a good little GOVT LAPDOG

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

Your Grandpa and mine would have got along nicely.

The funny part was no thread creation.

One of the Oldtimer's here pointed out how interesting to see who shows up to defend the "State".

Poignant...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

The Big Brother we were all afraid of:

The Big Brother we ended up with:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Not really. kaylaluv defends all manner of strange, "lefty" ideas. No harm in that. She leans towards safety, no liberty.

The danger is when she gets her way. Because that puts law abiding citizens in the cross hairs of law enforcements. It creates MORE crime, not less, as folks like me just want to continue doing what we have always done: not harm anyone.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

reply to post by whyamIhere

Not really. kaylaluv defends all manner of strange, "lefty" ideas. No harm in that. She leans towards safety, no liberty.

The danger is when she gets her way. Because that puts law abiding citizens in the cross hairs of law enforcements. It creates MORE crime, not less, as folks like me just want to continue doing what we have always done: not harm anyone.

Yes, I have seen her on the boards. She could defend herself.

She does possess the precious "Right" to be dead wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Here is the bottom line, and the bitter truth.

We are hopelessly and irrevocably bankrupt.

They are looking for every measure to collect revenue, and to shut us up. Everyone is going to be breaking the law, and there will be no denying it. You are innocent my dear Kaylaluv... for now.

The government watching and recording every single move you make... What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Here is the bottom line, and the bitter truth.

We are hopelessly and irrevocably bankrupt.

They are looking for every measure to collect revenue, and to shut us up. Everyone is going to be breaking the law, and there will be no denying it. You are innocent my dear Kaylaluv... for now.

The government watching and recording every single move you make... What could possibly go wrong?

I wish you were not so negative...

We could really use your intellect on the side of fixing it.

The Wrabbit2000 pointed out something that may give you hope.

The last yet equal branch of the Government is the forgotten Courts(Judicial).

Last time I checked the were still locking up criminals.

The people violating the Constitution are Criminals. Subject to arrest.

Our Founders were very wise men. We work the system they gave us.

The Criminals that are stealing our Country will scatter like rats.

edit on 20-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I fail to see how a large society can rid itself of an infestation of "bad guys" with total privacy. You want privacy? Then accept that every now and then a dark immoral act will be committed. You cannot have both total security and total privacy. How do you expect the right agencies to target "bad guys" if they are not allowed the information pertaining to them? Imagine playing a game of chess blind, it would be be foolish to try. This is why I support domestic surveillance.

I'm sorry if that violates your "God" given rights to a life of privacy but the ability to hide your actions comes with a price. You must accept that a world of immoral and dangerous people exist amongst our populations and the only way to bring them to justice is being able to find them in the first place.

Just recently a sex dungeon was found here in America and its captives freed. Would that dungeon exist if the the various agencies were allowed to observe behaviors on a broad scale? I do not know but I do know that I'd rather have a chance at finding them instead of waiting for the factor of chance to step in and show me.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

So your saying you give up...

You fail to see it...Sorry.

May I suggest some casual reading.

You might start with the United States Constitution.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Or a little Orwell:

"The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me."

George Orwell

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by zero1020

So your saying you give up...

You fail to see it...Sorry.

May I suggest some casual reading.

You might start with the United States Constitution.

I have not given up but have been enlightened to the fact that evil exists and you can ignore it or seek it out. You are asking for protection from random evil but on the same hand throwing away the very tool that will guarantee its prevention.
I personally do not cling to a piece of paper from centuries gone albeit a brilliant and mankind progressing document. This is an age that our forefathers could not imagine and new rules must accompany it. My main point is that total privacy equals random evils, no privacy equals a chance at preventing evil.
I know it sounds insane, most new ideas do, but it's just something to consider.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

The FurryTexan has the perfect reply to Mr. Orwell.

If we are going to lower the bar to it's "The Machine" or "It's just my job".

That's the same thing the Nazi's said.

These Criminals are not MIB or Interdementional beings.

They have homes like you and I...Guess what, Cops don't like being spied on either.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join