It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Disc-Shaped UFOs Spotted over Berkshire Pub [PHOTO]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

problem is those doors can open and how do you explain the reflected positioning of the lights being wrong? the picture from inside the pub shows, what looks to be a recessed light not a pair. And there is traffic flowing toward those trees so that lower smudge light (which looks as if it is illuminating the leaves) could be from headlights.

Have you noticed the two dimmer white lights, which match the positioning of the subject lights, to the left at about 8 o'clock? they could be lens flares due to the subject lights' brightness.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust

This have to be compute and demonstrated in a geometrical/scientific way of course, but there's no way that this apparent "discrepancy" dismiss the reflection possibility that can reasonably be accepted as the most plausible explanation.

Tell Springer to ask one of his "official experts"
to analyze the light spectrum of all the pub lights and compare them to the subject lights. they look a little bright compared to something in a pub. Have you addressed the lens flares at 8 o'clock issue yet? It would be interesting to see the view from inside the pub, this could easily be re-enacted.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Rofl
The classic off the window reflection of interior lights....
Just a well tuned photo to take advantage of the effect.
That ... of a photographer is laughing his ... out over people spending their time believing this one
Or even considering it....

Jesus!
This got over 4 pages?

People! Get real!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
I am trying to be a good student and to soak up as much as I can.

I'd recommend SUNlite as a good reading source. Generally sceptical but very informative. Essential for a balanced study of the field. Tons of information, loads of back issues, all free!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

I'm not saying they are or aren't anything, just trying to figure out if they're outside. the reflection theory isn't sealed just yet all that's been proven is that the pub has windows and lights. If anybody really wanted to get to the bottom they would spectrally analyze the subject lights and compare them with the ones in the pub.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Tosh. Implausible actions if the sighting only lasted 5 or 6 seconds. Had some of those myself and unless the chap had his phone on, in camera mode, pointed in that direction, it just isn't possible. The first few seconds of a fast moving sighting are spent wondering what you're seeing, you don't see it and start acting on it within the first second - that's superhuman.

So I don't need a photo to try and convince me beyond the written statement. But carrying on and taking the pic into account - no motion in those objects whatsoever, no evidence that the camera is under any special conditions to avoid motion blur (ie a higher shutter speed).

User comments about reflections and that secondary reflection lower left give it away. Pretty certain those in the know only needed the contradictory text and not the picture but the picture with its clue is there for those who need more evidence that it's a hoax.

Too bad, Basingstoke could do with some interesting news!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Looks to me like a reflection upon internal panes of glass from a 40w incandescent light bulb. Incandescent bulbs are manufactured in a wide range of sizes, light output, and voltage ratings, from 1.5 volts to about 300 volts. They require no external regulating equipment, have low manufacturing costs, and work equally well on either alternating current or direct current.

Looks like John (the local prankster) was bored that night! Having had a dull & mundane day at work, decided to 'spice things up!' and have some fun in trying to re-create a 'UFO' using a cleverly devised prank of photographing the 2 lamps against the sky thereby generating a yellow glowing orbs, then posting the pictures to ATS while he sits back and has a chuckle

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join