It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Disc-Shaped UFOs Spotted over Berkshire Pub [PHOTO]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I think what we are trying to say is that the guy was not outside when he took the picture.

The story is a lie.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Really? The sighting lasted 5 seconds and he managed to grab his mobile and get it out, switch to camera mode and take the shot in that timeframe?

I very much doubt it!

Let me just try doing that with my phone which is in my pocket and time it,,,,,

.... that took me 10 seconds and I was ready for it.

I really don't believe this for one moment.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Understood. There are also a couple of faint refraction spots down and to the left of the two lights. Do you see them?

I also searched through Facebook - couldn't find the correct Steve Lambert nor the photo that was posted to FB. Doesn't mean it isn't there or that he isn't there, but I searched a couple of different ways and no luck. Or they used a false name to protect his identity or something.

A journalist from the "Trinity MIrror" has her email address posted as a contact for anyone else who wants to report seeing these. I'm guessing she will find tumbleweeds or jokers in her inbox.

Well. So much for that!

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Send her a link to this ATS thread (Im not on FB)......It may open her journalistic eyes...hopefully in a good way.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

I hear you, but I'm not crazy about the idea of contacting someone as myself - and I'm not really invested enough in this particular photo/story to make it worth the risk of putting my identity out there, you know? It wasn't on FB, it was at the end of the article. The investigator herself can google it if she wants to check in on the response to the story. Thanks so much for replying, though, gort51.

Here is the article with the journalist's address...

Did you spot Bracknell UFO?

peace to you,
AB

edit on 17-6-2013 by AboveBoard because: period, not /... duh...

edit on 17-6-2013 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Again there is another reflection in the upper left hand corner of the photo in the leaves.
Well spotted, elevenaugust! Nice call.
I was wondering about reflection myself. The lights appeared very bright and crisp. More indicative of an artifact of some sort.
Brilliant bit of leg work there, though!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

so thats what happens when u take a pic out a pub window, u see reflections of the lights behind u!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
I thought reflections like that happened when the light was in front of the camera, not behind it. The witness says he was outside on the terrace making a phone call when he took the shot.
The reflections can happen in 2 ways:
1. From the glass in front of you, when the lights are behind you, which appears to be the case in the topic of this thread, and
2. From the camera lens, when the lights are in front of you. In this case the reflected lights are often appear in the opposite part of the image from the actual lights, meaning if actual lights are on the ground you can get reflected lights in the sky.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Cheers for all the effort in the replies guys, looks like reflections and an attention seeker , case solved then.Just it hate when people intentionally set out to deceive, it serves this subject in no positive light and renders it redundant to serious investigation, mind you the more we can weed out the hoaxers the better.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

Its just two white blobs to me. Not a very good photo. They never are.
The blown up close ups reveal pixelating around the blobs, like it was added to the photo.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
reply to post by elevenaugust

Hey elevenaugust,

I'm curious, as I'm no expert on this. If he was outside and took a picture on his cell phone, how would it pick up the lights behind him in the pub? I thought reflections like that happened when the light was in front of the camera, not behind it. The witness says he was outside on the terrace making a phone call when he took the shot.

Now, honestly, if they were "going at speed" I doubt he would get such a lovely "hover shot" with no streaking of the objects. So going solely by his testimony, the pictures should show a UFO in motion.

Anyway. I would appreciate your help on the photo reflection issue! Thanks!!!

peace,
AB

Hello!

Arbitrageur perfectly explained it, and, like some visual examples always worth a thousand words, just take a look here:

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
1. From the glass in front of you, when the lights are behind you, which appears to be the case in the topic of this thread.

Sometimes, this kind of reflection can easily be detected by increasing the contrast, letting then appear some more details, which could be in fact parts of the scenery behind the photographer.

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
2. From the camera lens, when the lights are in front of you. In this case the reflected lights are often appear in the opposite part of the image from the actual lights, meaning if actual lights are on the ground you can get reflected lights in the sky.

This kind of reflection, often call "Lens flare", is classic in ufology and is commonly detected as it is a mirror ghost of the original bright object (that could be any light source: the sun, the moon, a street-lamp, etc...), with the image center serving as a point of symmetry (or point reflection):

edit on 18-6-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Not very often this but Agreed

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

I was wondering that too especially since the two objects seem to be causing a lens flare at about the eight o'clock position just to the right of the tree trunks

edit: just saw your mention of the refractions. maybe the light on the leaves further down was car lights not from inside the pub
edit on 18-6-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hey Arbitrageur! Thanks!
I was going on his testimony that he was outside, and if the bar lights were behind him it would not make sense. But apparently our witness has had a few beers and thought a tall tale would be fun. *sigh*

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer! I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

peace,

AB

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Hey again elevenaugust!

Thank you for the extended visual reply!
I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. I am trying to be a good student and to soak up as much as I can.

It is very clear. As I mentioned, I was trying to figure out how the lights in the pub behind him (assuming he was outside and not lying) would be reflected and refracted, but obviously there is no chance he was outside given the details in the rest of the photo. I do try to work on the principle of giving an initial 'benefit of the doubt' to people, but I have no problem calling a spade a spade.

Again, your reply is most appreciated.

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

so the thinking is that the person was inside the pub and took a picture of two lights reflected off the window from inside the pub and so then the guy must be lying? problem is that if those are the lights from inside the pub the upper one would be on the right and the lower one would be on the left as they would appear to be in the sky. the lights in the pub theory is wrong and by default the picture and photographer have more credibility.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
interesting. here are close ups from that pic (no adjustments)

on the first picture doesn't anybody else see the lens flares caused by the lights? they are down to the left just to the right of the tree trunk. they are even situated correspondingly to the subject lights, unlike the "reflection from two lights inside the pub" theory claims. the light further down that is assumed to be another reflection could be car lights approaching that direction hitting the leaves. that one is even a bit yellowish or dim like headlights can look. by the way IS there even a window there?
edit on 18-6-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

"I have seen a lot of funny things in the sky and I have always practised trying to take a photo quickly on my mobile phone," Lambert said.

He must be on ATS, sounds like he's giving his reply to our answers before we ask them.
Lol wow that had me rolling thank you for that! But in regards to the photo the reflection theory makes sense but wouldn't the guy be able to tell if a light reflection? Unless of course he's deliberately trying to hoax

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by K-PAX-PROT
Cheers for all the effort in the replies guys, looks like reflections and an attention seeker , case solved then.Just it hate when people intentionally set out to deceive, it serves this subject in no positive light and renders it redundant to serious investigation, mind you the more we can weed out the hoaxers the better.
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

if they were reflections of those interior lights the one on the top would be on the right. they would be a mirror image of the lights behind him so that theory is wrong. why is no one getting this?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubl

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

"I have seen a lot of funny things in the sky and I have always practised trying to take a photo quickly on my mobile phone," Lambert said.

He must be on ATS, sounds like he's giving his reply to our answers before we ask them.
Lol wow that had me rolling thank you for that! But in regards to the photo the reflection theory makes sense but wouldn't the guy be able to tell if a light reflection? Unless of course he's deliberately trying to hoax

the upper light would be to the right of the lower one. they would be a mirror image of the lights in the pub. that theory is wrong

<< 1    3  4 >>

join