It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Disc-Shaped UFOs Spotted over Berkshire Pub [PHOTO]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

when you look at the two pub lights the upper one is on the left and the lower one is on the right. If you had those lights at your back and were looking at them as a reflection in the window the upper light would be positioned to the right relative to the lower light and that is not the case. the guy could not fake that, mirror reflections don't lie. the idea that the two white lights are the interior pub lights reflected off a window is wrong so where does that leave us?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Typical dipsh.it answer.

edit on 19-6-2013 by Waratah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

"They were heading south-west at speed towards Basingstoke - quicker than any normal aircraft

Wow, lucky for him he perfectly framed the image and there's zero motion blur. very lucky.

I'm so jaded you could have ET slapping his ET meat in my face and I still probably wouldn't believe it, but I'll smile when this one, like ALL OF THEM, is proven to be a hoax.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

I agree, i have a custom rom on my phone which places the camera right on my lock screen, instead of unlocking the phone, i pull the screen to the left and it is immediately in the camera.

I still can not reliably fame and snap a picture in under 5 seconds. I am also equally unable to take a picture of something "moving faster than normal aircraft" without any hint of motion blur.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I think you are right why can`t anybody else see that

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by torsion

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Yeah it looks like a reflection because below circled in red is what appears to be another reflection -

Yes, a reflection in a window for sure. The secondary reflection you have circled is likely a table lamp - it appears one is visible in the image posted above by elevenaugust showing a similar colour to the reflection here.

Originally posted by elevenaugust

And the opposite view:

.... where we can clearly see the terrace .... and just behind it a large window with some lights into a room:

As mentioned by Aboveboard.....

Look at the red circled area........... go right to the grey lampost and go up till it meets the tree.

There are two relections / refractions / light flashes there........

PDUK
edit on 19-6-2013 by PurpleDog UK because: dont know my left and right

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

That looks like a shed no glass for the lights to reflect on?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It is starting to get dark in the picture and there is a lamp post/pole on the left. I could assume that it could have the same three light configuration of the unlit pole on the right. The other pole configuration does sort of match the lights above the pub but it is not on. Those left pole lights could be on though and causing an image to be formed on the lens of the camera. There is no way to know for sure.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You are lucky to have street lights switched on at all in the uk at the moment the government has switched most of them off to "save money"

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

You are lucky to have street lights switched on at all in the uk at the moment the government has switched most of them off to "save money"

I see in the OP picture that the lower lights are already on because of the approaching darkness. I also see there appears to be some light from a streetlight coming through the trees where someone has circled. It is possible that the light up above the camera is on. I have three lights outside that come on at night and they come on at different times.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I totally agree with a country-wide switch off of street lights and unoccupied office lights after a certain time - say midnight. Not only would it save a huge amount of wasted money but the lack of light pollution would make spotting nocturnal UFOs somewhat easier!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Yeah sod the muggings rapes and burglaries

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by torsion

Yeah sod the muggings rapes and burglaries

We already have the muggings, rapes and burglaries - most carried out in broad daylight - the rest carried out by street lighting!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Hey bottleslingguy!

I believe I understand what you are getting at, but I think the trick is in where the person is in the room and which lights are being photographed. Without actually going to the pub and trying to recreate the shot, it is tough to say, other that it was from that side of the building pictured in earlier posts.

In my inexpert opinion, the exact two lights seen circled in red in the picture of the Running Horse may not be the actual lights in the photo, because you are right - they would be angled differently (the one in front would be to the left of the one in back). It is possible they are other lights. He may have been sitting at a table inside?
The photo still shows refractions/reflections that wouldn't be there if he were standing outside taking the shot, at least that is what I am understanding.

I also think the photo we are seeing is either cropped and slightly enlarged, or he had zoomed in a bit to take the picture as the building in the shot would look much farther away, so the lights are really small - you can see that if you go to the google map and do the "person on the street" mode. So if he were inside, he could have either cropped or zoomed in to the reflections and eliminated the obvious clues of begin inside (table, window frame, etc.)

When I first glanced at these I thought - wow! Except for the color, that's almost exactly what I saw during my UFO sighting (outside, daytime, grey overcast sky, amber/red perfect circle steadily bee-lining across the sky, then taking off at an alarming speed so that it became a solid streak for a brief moment before the dang thing blipped out of existence - not going off into the distance - it was just...gone... No beer was involved ;-)
Because of that, my first instinct was to think the photo was real, except for a niggling thought that something wasn't quite right - and I had no idea what that something was - the position in the sky or something...????

Thanks for your reply - it is very perceptive.

peace to you,
AB

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Waste of time. Another product of photoshop???

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think the next step would be to find out IF there is even a window there. it kinda looks more like a large opening than a large glass window so all the counting chickens before they hatch stuff should slow down. I mean BINGO someone says they are the lights from inside the pub reflected off a window and people start smearing the guy.

Personally I don't like stills and can't stand white lights on black sky stills. The best to me are daytime video with other known objects in the shot for perspective and better yet multiple angles of the same object, although there are some really great nighttime videos out there such as SeeingUFOsPa and FrozenHill on youtube. There really are some pretty impressive sightings out there but I don't see this subject rising or falling on one single bit of "evidence".

Personally again I don't spend much time trying to persuade people to know, feel or believe what I do because I see it as a personal thing that doesn't need to be sold as a product. If you have a sighting ask yourself what about it makes you know without a doubt you couldn't be mistakenly watching a conventional aircraft. Other than that I just like deconstructing the evidence which usually always winds up a stalemate anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

That looks like a shed no glass for the lights to reflect on?

don't think too many are interested in finding out

I agree, there doesn't seem to even be a window there. I would like to see the same person who took the picture (or anyone who cares to) chime in here and take a picture of the front of the place so we can settle it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by casablanca887
Waste of time. Another product of photoshop???

does anyone know if this is the original file?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

I think the next step would be to find out IF there is even a window there.

There's indeed a window, that can be opened to the terrace, but that can also be closed:

Photo source

A view inside the pub, with some ceiling lamps:

Photo source

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

when you look at the two pub lights the upper one is on the left and the lower one is on the right. If you had those lights at your back and were looking at them as a reflection in the window the upper light would be positioned to the right relative to the lower light

You misunderstood me or maybe I badly explained myself. I haven't said that the lights I circled in red in the Streetview capture were THE lights, it was just to show that the possibility of a reflection of some lights behind the photographer on a window is a strong possibility.
It could be any other ceiling light as I guess that there are not just two of these lights other there.

Anyway, the respective position of the reflection depends of many factors such as:
- The position of the photographer comparatively to the ground.
- The position of the camera horizontally and vertically ("x" and "y" angle)
- Camera/photographer distance to the window
- Camera/photographer distance to the light sources.

This have to be compute and demonstrated in a geometrical/scientific way of course, but there's no way that this apparent "discrepancy" dismiss the reflection possibility that can reasonably be accepted as the most plausible explanation.
edit on 19-6-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

what then if there is no glass window there? you guys are talking so confidently about these "reflections". Ok so let's say then that there is this large plate glass window there. If those are the lights behind the guy reflecting off the glass then why is the upper one on the left? When you see the pub lights facing you the upper one is on the left, but (and this is not just an opinion it is a property of reflected light) seeing the two lights behind you reflected would make the upper light shift positions relative to the lower one with the upper light being to the right of the lower one but it is not that way. This theory can't have it both ways and ignore this fact.

IF, and that's big if, there is a window there, they couldn't be the lights reflected because the positioning is wrong. Could it be other lights in the room? possibly but let's first find out if that is a window first.

By the way the other smudgey lights on the tree leaves could very well be from a car headlight. There is a road right there and the traffic is heading at the trees so there is no guarantee we are looking at a hoax from inside the pub through a window. I think some people here are jumping the gun and seem a bit eager to put it to rest. Raises my suspicions concerning their motives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join