It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, embarassing but please help, scabies

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I tried the cream it didnt work. I had to buy it on my own because the doctor wont diagnose me with scabies but it is for sure, it has to be.

Like Akragon says, 5% permethrin cream, full body, massaged into after shower dry skin, 1 week apart, leave on as long as possible up to 24 hrs.

Read up on scabies. It takes up to 6 weeks for the body to become sensitive to, and allergic to the mite poop, and shed skin etc.

Even after all the mites are dead, the allergy remains. I theorize that usually harmless dust mites can kick off the allergic reaction. That doesn't mean you've been reinfected with scabies though.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Dear onequestion,

www.medicinenet.com...

Don't be embarrassed and keep seeing your doctor.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The stuff you need is called Kewllada lotion...

And you have to do a full body treatment not just spots... at least two times...

Cleaning doesn't help... this stuff does though... but even after treatment it takes at least a few weeks before they go away...

This is what I remember my mom using on me, like, a loooong time ago. I got scabies as a kid, don't remember much about it, but I do remember the Kwellada (sorry, not Kewllada).

Find some of that s**t... it works great!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Weeeden

I like my spelling better ... cause its Kewl...

But ya, it works...

edit on 15-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Always listen to Ripley

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What we had to take was kwellada, though can't remember the spelling. And the cats too had to be bathed Recall, giving them knock out pills from vet, when they walked as if drunk, tied them up. The minute the water hit the cats, they would claw free, and we were clawed up and down.

Then the pickers in the cabin took showers with vinegar washes, an old Quebec remedy, and it seemed to work.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
You might also want to try cedar oil . It's non toxic and kills biting bugs . It's,safe around animals . I put it on them to kill fleas.
Cedarcide.com

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Get something for the itchiness(look in the womens section @ drug store and get vagasil)...Then maybe you can find some comfort until you see if all you have done has worked...I really do not understand why your physician would not diagnose you though....any ways hope it goes well for you in the end...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
For itching take an antihistamine of your choice and use cortisone cream, the strongest you can find where you are which may only be 1% but some places have 10%. Also fresh aloe leaves will help with itching. To kill the little bastards off use clear finger nail polish and paint over the affected areas where they are burrowed, repeat every day or every other day for a week or two til they are gone. The finger nail polish will suffocate them, it works on scabies, chiggars, ringworm, roundworm and any other burrowing parasites including ticks that get in too deep to pull the head out. After a week remove the nail polish with a bit of nail polish remover and take a hot shower, if they are still there reapply the nail polish for another week. I keep clear nail polish in my outdoors bag just for these incidents where I get some kind of burrowing bug, usually its chiggars from the brush but I've had scabies from the same kind of areas. I also use cyanoacrylate superglue gel instead of bandaids or stitches, works like a charm and stops bleeding instantly because it bonds immediately when it comes in contact with moisture.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

for the itchiness(look in the womens section @ drug store and get vagasil)

vagasil is for yeast infection.

Some people say that fungal infections sometimes follow after scabies. Fungal infection is actually easier to diagnose from a skin scraping than scabies is.

For general skin fungal infection, something like Lamisil would be recommended.

Otherwise, a antihistamine based or hydrocortisone cream for general itch.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Just thought I would let you know my ex girlfriend thought she had scabies we spent about $100 dollars trying to get rid of them, well as it turned out she had switched birth control pills and the birth control was giving her the visual symptoms of having scabies. Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I remember when I had scabies as a teenager, it made me very ill. I was allergic to scabies, so we went for the kwellada first, but natural source rememdies might be best to try, before resorting to the liver harming things.

But did a quick search online and the white vinegar is effective, if swabbed on. It will sting. I always used vinegar on mosquito bites that really bothered me because the sting was far worse than nonstop itching.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Topical ointments and creams won't do the trick for severe cases of scabies. Do yourself a favor and start taking essence of dandelion. You can purchase this at most local health stores for around $11. Within two days you'll begin to see results. You can also rub dandelion flowers on areas that are heavily affected and itchy (hands, ears, feet etc.)

You will know that you are dealing with scabies by the telltale 'track' marks that they leave on the skin from burrowing. If you only have red, itchy bumps without tracks then you are dealing with fleas.
edit on 15-6-2013 by preezy120 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Tea tree oil?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Are you absolutely positive that it's scabies? My husband went through hell a few years ago with a rash, itching, etc. At least two doctors and a nurse practitioner kept saying that it was scabies (even though no one else in the house showed the same symptoms). He finally got online and figured out that he had Lichen Planus.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I dont have track marks and fleas dont make sense. I dont have track marks but i bumps that go down my leg in a linear fashion. The doc its not scabies because there isnt track marks but he cant figure out what it is. He said its apart of an allergic reaction but i said then why are these bumps in such a linear fashion going strait down my leg in a perfect line. There is like 4-5 lines like that on both legs total.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Interesting... I wonder if the Doc has ever had scabies?

They spread how you itch... so logically if you itch them in a certain fashion they will spread in a straight line...

The Doc I went to said the same thing... its not scabies... yet the nurses who see them all the time said it was...

by the way... "most" doctors are idiots...

At least from what I've found

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
SUPPOSEDLY .... get yourself into a chlorinated swimming pool up to your chin and stay under water like that for at least half an hour. That's supposed to be rid of them. Don't let the air touch them .. don't swim .... just submerge for 1/2 an hour.

I haven't tried this but the folks in Texas where I lived swore by it.
Good luck.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They are. I actually swim laps daily and it wasnt as bad when i was doing it. I might have to sit in the bleach bath longer. I might start swimming laps again.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You could try that alcohol hand sanitizing stuff, too. It sinks in below the skin surface. This is also a good fix for pimples or boils, small skin irritations of all kinds. It kills 99% of the germs it touches and since it goes below the surface a bit, it can clear up skin issues. I use it every time I get any kind of bug bite, just in case.

Also (off topic) spit works to de-itch mosquito bites. Just rub it hard into a new bite and the itch will pretty much stop. At least you've always got some handy....

Oh, and another thing... an awful lot of these kind of issues, itching, skin issues, can be solved with either a mild base or a mild acid solution. Vinegar, lemon juice or baking soda. It's worth trying before going to the docs. As someone said up above, they're paid off by the pharmaceutical companies to hand you a script and most times, that's just an expensive version of the vinegar or baking soda. And, most of them really are idiots. I've got 35+ years in working with them and believe me, it's pretty scary how dumb you can be and still get through med school and get awarded a diploma. The only really highly trained docs are surgeons, in my humble view. The rest you could do yourself with a few hundred hours in a Merck Manual.
edit on 15-6-2013 by signalfire because: addendum, as usual....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join