It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Phish sounds like to people that don't like Phish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This parody is at least a few years old, but I had never heard/seen it before. I just stumbled upon it here: livemusicblog.com...

It's a bit silly, but it cracked me up, so I figured I'd share it.
Especially the vocals/lyrics.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Ok, obviously I'm a Phish fan.......

This is hilarious, why haven't I seen this before? I'm almost ashamed lol it's pretty much what phish sounded like to me the first time I heard them. I'm going to have to post this on NSAbook
edit on 14-6-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Holy Crap!!!

I followed these guys around New England in my younger years. I fell off when Trey did his own thing and I never looked back.

Ganja Goo Ball anyone?

The video is spot on.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

What do you mean you followed them? You mean spied on them? Hum...? Makes you wonder.

Anyway I have never heard a Phis song and I will listen to the first video I find on YouTube.

How come no one told me about Phish? I like this song. It reminds me of when bands were really creative and played good music.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Phish was a tour band with quite the following. Kind of like the Dead except different. They would go from college to college. Play weekend events at abandoned airfields where thousands would Woodstock out so to say. You could bounce around from tent to tent and party to party and still hear Phish jammin out. Quite surreal at times. Mix that with some other mind altering stuff and my goodness.
edit on 14-6-2013 by BlastedCaddy because: llllllllllll

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

OMG Hahahaha!!

My face is hurting I laughed so hard.
I only am like a minute into this and I am dying already.

Thank you for attempting to murder me today.
I am gonna show this to my buddies they will trip.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Ok, obviously I'm a Phish fan.......

This is hilarious, why haven't I seen this before? I'm almost ashamed lol it's pretty much what phish sounded like to me the first time I heard them. I'm going to have to post this on NSAbook

I searched and found a few random music related websites where this was posted, and just skimmed over the comments. There were many more people who thought it was funny, but I did see several comments from hardcore fans that were angry about it. That got me to thinking about it, and I bet the guys in Phish even thought it was funny. I don't think Trey would be able to watch that without laughing. lol

I've watched it 5 or 6 times now, and it's still 'snippin' cracking me up every time.

Apparently, this parody is titled 'You Ate My Fractal', and this↓ is the T-Shirt for it. Supposedly, made by the same guy who did the song, whoever he may be.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/cw51bb1fe8.jpg[/atsimg]

( www.zazzle.com... )

I had to ask my good pal Merriam-Webster what a 'Fractal' was. It might even be slightly funnier now, because the phrase 'You Ate My Fractal' makes even less sense now than it did before. lol

fractal

: any of various extremely irregular curves or shapes for which any suitably chosen part is similar in shape to a given larger or smaller part when magnified or reduced to the same size

edit on 6/14/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Dude, that was awesome. If you loved that then...

My favorite "shreds" video.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

How come no one told me about Phish? I like this song. It reminds me of when bands were really creative and played good music.
Personally, I've never been a real big fan, but I've had plenty of friends who were/are. It's probably safe to say that the 'creativity' part, is what they're all about. (The improvised live performances..... a Jam Band). They're not putting out hits.

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy

Phish was a tour band with quite the following. Kind of like the Dead except different. They would go from college to college. Play weekend events at abandoned airfields where thousands would Woodstock out so to say. You could bounce around from tent to tent and party to party and still hear Phish jammin out. Quite surreal at times. Mix that with some other mind altering stuff and my goodness.
I was kinda thinking that a better title for this might have been:
'This is what Phish sounds like when you're 100% Clean & Sober'.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Originally posted by Cuervo

Dude, that was awesome. If you loved that then...

My favorite "shreds" video.
I hadn't really paid much attention to the title. I didn't realize there were more of them. After a quick Youtube search for 'Shreds', I now see there are many many more. I'm gonna stay away from them for now, because I know that once I get started watching more, I won't be able to stop, but there are several that I wanna watch.

Creed just doesn't seem fair though. That shouldn't count. Scott 'The Macho Man' Stappage is just way too easy. They didn't have to edit the vocal track. I'm sure that's exactly what he sounded like. lol

@1:45, he did sound like Randy Savage. I thought it was intentional. I thought for sure that somewhere near the end of the song, I was going to hear 'Snap Into A Slim Jim'. I was actually quite surprised to not hear it.

Should have ended with,
"Yeah please kiss me. I know you want to........
........Snap Into A Slim Jim, aahhh yyyeeaaaaahhh!!"

edit on 6/14/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Major Phish fan here! Great band and that video was hilarious!

Last I was able to see them was 2010 at Merriweather....I'm hoping to see them again this July but, we'll see.

I'm going to go watch that video again.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Sounds like you might have attended the Oswego, NY show...if so, how amazing was that? Hot as you know what but, I had such an amazing experience that weekend....so many good memories.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Sounds like you might have attended the Oswego, NY show...if so, how amazing was that? Hot as you know what but, I had such an amazing experience that weekend....so many good memories. The ones I do actually remember I should say.

edit on 14-6-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Birds of a feather are flocking outside.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
That IS what they sound like.

2d

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

typo correction=

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Should have ended with,

"Yeah please kiss me. I know you want to........
........Snap [color=FFAA54]Stapp Into A Slim Jim, aahhh yyyeeaaaaahhh!!"

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

exactly

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

were u a wookie?

join