It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blair 3rd term

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
IMO Blair will get a third term (he won't serve it all though, thank god) because the Conservatives are still pretty much hated in most of the country. I live in the north east and have learnt not to tell people I vote conservative. The trouble is, people look back to the Thatcher years for an image of the Cons rather than looking at what they have become. If half the stuff that's gone on under Labour happened under John Major's govt, there would have been uproar (Hindujas, Ecclestone, Dome, Mandelson twice!) they would have been absolutely crucified.

The Conservatives have a pretty good agenda now with some good ideas like freezing civil service recruitment, choice in education for parents, less paperwork for police and an end to the 'early release' scheme. Problem is, people don't hear it.

IMO the next chance we will have is when, and only when, Blair has stepped down. After the big build up he got in '97 and the trashing the Conservatives have had in the press, a personality cult has grown up around him so most people don't vote Labour, they either vote for Blair or vote anyone who isn't the Conservatives.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse
your conservatives (right) dont wanna join EU

The UK conservatives are centre-right... no trying to be picky

Look at their site and judge for yourself.

www.conservatives.com

[edit on 7-11-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Looking through the global perspective I think Conservatives are better than "I let you kiss (edit) me in the neck(edit) if you got power and money-Blair". But for UK....I think you got to let some other views enter the political arean than "new labour" and the conservatives..just like...US need to get more views and parties involved in their politics

edit: human bodyparts edit...Amen!

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Looking through the global perspective I think Conservatives are better than "I let you f**k me in the a** if you got power and money-Blair". But for UK....I think you got to let some other views enter the political arean than "new labour" and the conservatives..just like...US need to get more views and parties involved in their politics

edit: human bodyparts edit...Amen!

well i firstly that was blair and frankly bush can have him. secodnly we got a lot of gear from the yanks so thats a plus!
and it gives us a chance to see what modren rifles will do to modren defenses, he he why is freindly fire not friendly?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
well i firstly that was blair and frankly bush can have him. secodnly we got a lot of gear from the yanks so thats a plus!

ok, so...its good that you got a lot of gear...to protect you from what?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

ok, so...its good that you got a lot of gear...to protect you from what?

from any threat, i know our political powers can probably save us from anything. but still .......thre are threats.....honest! the french might invade! or...or...the germans!
no but really terrorists are a real threat and we need tech to be able to operate far from home.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I got a question, does anybody think blair has a chances I see on tv that is people in UK that are protesting him.

And how strong is his political party affiliacion with the people in UK.

I mean he has been elected two times and he actually can go for a third?

[edit on 7-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I got a question, does anybody think blair has a chances I see on tv that is people in UK that are protesting him.

And how strong is his political party affiliacion with the people in UK.

I mean he has been elected two times and he actually can go for a third?

[edit on 7-11-2004 by marg6043]

no i doubt it , every one hates him.
his party is quite strong, they have done a lot for the country, bringing in the NHS and social security and the like but now many people dont like them.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   

his party is quite strong, they have done a lot for the country, bringing in the NHS and social security and the like but now many people dont like them.

British economy and british social securite is a joke...I worked a lot in england (London and Manchester)....and...the impression it left in me...was that UK is third world country(US banana republic)...really..

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

British economy and british social securite is a joke...I worked a lot in england (London and Manchester)....and...the impression it left in me...was that UK is third world country(US banana republic)...really..

really?
and i suppose the US is much better if we are third world i doubt the US is even on the scale.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
whoever is in power we all loose - people have got to get their heads around that these "leaders" are just puppets/faces of a much bigger group of power hungry freaks

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemeanie
whoever is in power we all loose - people have got to get their heads around that these "leaders" are just puppets/faces of a much bigger group of power hungry freaks

well i frankly dont believe that. and if it is true then i will try and change this.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

really?
and i suppose the US is much better if we are third world i doubt the US is even on the scale.

Well, US got 35 million living in porverty according to the cnn-bar att 19000 dollares per family and year (thats not much where I come from)..
And...I know by experience that UK is a Mordoch-country...so you simply dont get the facts..

US and poverty?
money.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
the UK as bad as many think, i know many a friend that live in council flats and although crap and bad they still hold and atleast they can live, mabye not too well but they can live.
BTW just because you visit london means you know us, go north or south and things improve.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I know many a friend that live in council flats and although crap and bad they still hold and atleast they can live, mabye not too well but they can live.

Wow, you can survive in Uk if you loose youre job!!!

Amen!

Face it, you got brainwashed by Thatcher and Reagen...thats it.....
Wake up, its a new morning

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Wow, you can survive in Uk if you loose youre job!!!

you can unlike america.

Face it, you got brainwashed by Thatcher and Reagen...thats it.....
Wake up, its a new morning

face it you're the one thats brainwashed, believe me i live here. i know what its like.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

face it you're the one thats brainwashed, believe me i live here. i know what its like.

Time will tell, lets wait and see.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Time will tell, lets wait and see.

ok fine we will.
BTW can i just say it was not thatcher who introduced the social security or NHS. it was labour aka the bad party.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

ok fine we will.
BTW can i just say it was not thatcher who introduced the social security or NHS. it was labour aka the bad party.

Yes, I Know....but your are still traped in the War-Corpo-Facism-Legau that Thatcher made ground for..

You guys are simply on the wrong side who ever you choose...that message goes out to US as well

edit: drunk and burning

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Yes, I Know....but your are still traped in the War-Corpo-Facism-Legau that Thatcher made ground for..

You guys are team simply o the wrong

edit: drunk and burning

ok run that by me again, you think we are trapped in a war= corpo??=facism(wtf?)=legau(WTF does this men?)
made ground for who or what?
a team on the wrong side huh care to exsplain?

[edit on 7-11-2004 by devilwasp]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join