It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

blair 3rd term

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Yes, I Know....but your are still traped in the War-Corpo-Facism-Legau that Thatcher made ground for..

Yes, you are, Read Pilger or Noam Chomsky and you figure it out.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse

Yes, you are, Read Pilger or Noam Chomsky and you figure it out.

right then........i take it this is one of these great "advisors" from the EU is it?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

right then........i take it this is one of these great "advisors" from the EU is it?

partly true, Pilger is from UK (BBC) and chomsky is from US.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

partly true, Pilger is from UK (BBC) and chomsky is from US.

care to give a link?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   

care to give a link?

Please, choose whatever you want, give me one that contadicts my claims.
www.google.com...

www.google.com...

Do a search of you own

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
sh*t this topic has gone way off track

i made it to see what people's views were if blair stayed for a 3rd term not this rubbish

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
TB will win a thitd time.

What are the alternatives? The conservatives are not a viable political force, since their defeat in 1997. There leader Michael Howard is still rememered for introducing the Poll Tax, the most unpopular move last century. Britons have a long memory they remember the boom and bust of the tory era. They drove the country into the ground.

At the End of the day whatever Blair has done in the end it comes down to the red tribe and the blue tribe. In general elections people vote as they always have done. They mat be prepared to send messages at the local level, as with UKIP but in general elections Blair cant lose. Hell he has done great on the domestic scene, its just that he blindly followed Dubya blindly into a war, though I think he has learnt his lesson.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
TB will win a thitd time.

What are the alternatives? The conservatives are not a viable political force, since their defeat in 1997. There leader Michael Howard is still rememered for introducing the Poll Tax, the most unpopular move last century. Britons have a long memory they remember the boom and bust of the tory era. They drove the country into the ground.

(this isn't aimed at anyone in particular)

Why aren't they a viable political force????
People should not live in the past, look at current policy rather than what the Tory's did 20 odd years ago.
New Labour will mean more political correctness, more waste, more buracracy....
and the Lib Dems well their laughable

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
sh*t this topic has gone way off track

i made it to see what people's views were if blair stayed for a 3rd term not this rubbish

yeah sorry just was proveing that our social security and NHS work most of the time.
TB wont win because many hate him.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

care to give a link?

Please, choose whatever you want, give me one that contadicts my claims.
www.google.com...

www.google.com...

Do a search of you own

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Kollapse]

uhh dude all the first one does is say the war in iraq was illegal and i totaly agree , i think your trying to say that our gov is afraid of terrorism and our gov has been makeing it as bad as facism since that has been our biggest enemy.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well if these guys have anything to do with it TB won't even make it to the election.

From news article.
A WELSH MP's bid to bring down Prime Minister Tony Blair over the Iraq war takes a dramatic step forward today with the first publication of the impeachment motion......

....."When we initially raised the prospect of impeachment there were people who said the process no longer existed," he added.

"We can now conclusively prove that it is part of the constitution and it can be done. If this were political point scoring we could never have taken it this far."

His colleague, Meirionnydd Nant Conwy MP Elfyn Llwyd, added: "The publication of the text of the motion will put to bed accusations that impeachment was nothing but a silly season stunt. This is a real and serious course of action which we have not undertaken lightly.

"If we allow Tony Blair's actions to go unchallenged, a precedent will have been set that a UK Prime Minister can deceive the Welsh and UK public and parliament and get away with it," he added.

Link To Article

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

uhh dude all the first one does is say the war in iraq was illegal and i totaly agree , i think your trying to say that our gov is afraid of terrorism and our gov has been makeing it as bad as facism since that has been our biggest enemy.

No I'm not trying to say that (though I agree)..
Just giving you some good writers.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

(this isn't aimed at anyone in particular)

Why aren't they a viable political force????
People should not live in the past, look at current policy rather than what the Tory's did 20 odd years ago.
New Labour will mean more political correctness, more waste, more buracracy....

The Conservatives arent a viable political force for the following reasons:
The whole party isnt behind Micheal Howard: The Tory Grandees are still vi-ing for power in the party,

from BBC NEWSWhen Michael Howard was catapulted into the job of Tory leader exactly one year ago, few believed he had any chance of leading his party to a general election victory. The opposition had been through a protracted period of civil war which had seen the "mods" and "rockers" - modernisers and traditionalists - knocking chunks out of each other, usually in the full glare of the media spotlight.Yet still the polls refused to budge and the near-euphoria of the conference rapidly evaporated.

There was a feeling of desperation as the party wondered what on earth it had to do, which hadn't already been tried, to get back into the game.

And that, just months from the next general election, is where things have largely remained.

Few Tories seriously doubt Mr Howard's abilities and few believe anyone else could have done more to revive their fortunes.

But, as he marks his first anniversary as party leader, Mr Howard will look hard for any signs that he can lead his party to victory at the next election.

The Tories are committed to an immediate cut of �20 billion to public services. Their planned two-year cash freeze would mean immediate real terms cuts across government departments including law and order, defence, transport, early years education, and international aid. In addition, the Tories are committed to cut at least �1 billion from the NHS and �1 billion from state schools to subsidise private healthcare and private education.
The appointment of John Redwood shows the failure of Michael Howard to move on from a failed Thatcherite past. John Redwood is the man who still believes in scrapping the minimum wage, massive cuts to frontline services and privatisation of healthcare. His return to the Tory front bench shows the Tories are more extreme than ever.

"The forecasts that I and others made about the national minimum wage were absolutely spot on.�

John Redwood, House of Commons, 6 May 2003

"I have endlessly stated a very clear position. We oppose the national minimum wage."

John Redwood MP, House of Commons, 29 April 1999

How can people not have a long memory, we saw this country broken apart bit by bit, privatisation destroyed industries. People remember, there current policies are no different, they support the rich and dont care about the poor.

here is an article from Lib Dem website

AFTER A YEAR IN CHARGE HOWARD IS STILL FAILING TO IMPROVE TORY POLL RATING - TAYLOR
05/11/2004

Ahead of tomorrow's 1st anniversary of Michael Howard becoming Conservative Leader, Matthew Taylor MP, Liberal Democrat Parliamentary Party Chairman, today said that he had failed to hold the Government to account, let alone provide any realistic alternative to Labour.

Despite the unpopularity of Tony Blair's Government, the Conservatives remain almost 5% below their poll rating at the same stage in the last Parliament - which was followed by their second worst General Election defeat since 1835.

Commenting, Matthew Taylor MP said:

"After a year as party leader, Michael Howard has made absolutely no progress compared to Iain Duncan Smith. His party continue to flat-line in the polls.

"He has proved himself incapable of effectively holding the Government to account. It is small wonder that on issues such as pensions, crime, schools, hospitals, and the war in Iraq people are increasingly turning to the Liberal Democrats as the only effective alternative to Labour."

�When leading Conservatives say Michael Howard has been opportunistic over Iraq, and has the wrong policies on tax and public services, it�s little wonder that they are doing even worse than under Iain Duncan Smith.

These are just some of the reasons that the conservatives are a spent force from a variety of sources.

Edit BBCODE ERROR

[edit on 8-11-2004 by bigdanprice]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Kollapse: Why is the Scandinavian countries so anxious to have the UK in the Eurpean Union? If they are as you put it a third world country - I would suggest that you actually start doing some economics classes as you obviously have no idea what a third world economy is. I did my Masters at Birmingham University and now live in the US and I can tell you that the UK is by no means a third world economy unlike the Scandinavian countries that rely on first world countries in order to keep up their "social welfare state".

The only real question I have for the Brits on this board is "are there any term limits for a prime Minister?"

Kollapse you should vist the US sometime and make your judgement on them also. I think that the Scandinavian countries should be more concerned about the number of second world (former eastern block) countries entering the Union than pick on the UK.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris

The only real question I have for the Brits on this board is "are there any term limits for a prime Minister?"

No, unfortunatley. The Queen is head of state so she appoints the primeminister so technically she is free to choose, yet she always chooses the publics choice.b

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
At least it's easy to tell when Blair is lying, His lips move.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Anyways *read the title of thread*

Blair third term.....pffft pleeeeease
Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrats) is the best alternative choice to Tony Blair. Unlike Howard and the boys in blues, Lib Dems do not confuse the public on their views etc and their leader doesnt rip off other peoples speechs i.e Howard basically re-writtin Kilroys UK speech. Lib Dems all the way for me

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Anyways *read the title of thread*
Blair third term.....pffft pleeeeease
Charles Kennedy (Liberal Democrats) is the best alternative choice to Tony Blair. Unlike Howard and the boys in blues, Lib Dems do not confuse the public on their views etc and their leader doesnt rip off other peoples speechs i.e Howard basically re-writtin Kilroys UK speech. Lib Dems all the way for me

Blair will win, in a general election people elect the party not the man, people would rather not vote than vote for someone against their political ideology. Plus Blair still has strong support in the country, he is ahead in opinion polls.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
the only reason he was ever elected in 97 was of his hard stance against gun crimes ( by banning them )

so whats your views on this

- This is so far from the truth of why Labour were elected in 1997 it is hilarious. You cannot be serious.

Maybe you are too young to know what went on before under the tory gov?

Labour will be reelected by a good sized majority in (most likely) spring or summer 2005.

We can say this is almost certain to happen because of the method of electoral system the UK uses (first past the post), the position we are starting from (massive Labour majorities across the country requiring record 'swings' to opposition parties for even a 'hung Parliament) and the state of the opposition parties in the polls (they are not now and never have polled and sustained the numbers required to unseat the Labour gov).

The rest is pure wishful thinking.

(I wonder how long until tories start going on bout 'PR'!
)

By the way......

the reason why it is perfectly correct to look back at the tory years and the effects they had back then when looking at todays political scene is because their pollicies are either totally identical to or are extremely similar to the policies they had back then.

In any case it wasn't even 8yrs ago - and for God's sake they have brought back Michael Vlad 'Mr Poll tax himself' Howard to 'lead' them!

Besides tax-cuts for the already wealthy, cutting public spending (couched in the usual OTT nonsense about 'waste'), yet more privatisation and ever more pointless and ineffective hard-lines on, er, anything a 'hard-line' can be taken on what do they ever offer?

....oh not forgetting their usual insanity over Europe.

I would refer anyone pointing to so-called Labour 'sleeze' to the complete lack of convictions and the prompt resignations when Labour ministers have been suspected of doing anything a little 'iffy'.....

.....as compared to the tories who actually ended up jailed and those who had to be practically levered out of office witha crow-bar!

Labour is far from perfect (what kind of naive fool expects that!?) but IMHO their record is far far better than the tory record, for most.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
he is ahead in opinion polls.

Opinion polls are nearly always biased, i never pay attention to them whether i believe they are right or not.
Polls can be very easily rigged,
eg the poll can be taken in a Labour supporting area

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join