It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 252
<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I think its to prove he was not some little kid but keep blaming race.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
So when does the jury go and decide? do you think it will take them hours or days?

- Break for lunch
- Prosecution rebuttal .... about 30-45 minutes (I don't remember how much time they have left)
- Jury gets the case and starts deliberations.

I think before the jury gets the case, the judge has to instruct the jury.
The judge goes over each charge and what is required ... that kind of thing.

THe jury will have the case by close of business today.
They will deliberate through the weekend. That's what the live stream is saying ...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by coop039

How do they practice talking to real cops? Shouldn't you be able to provide some kind of record of RJ having such experience and training?

Oh please, are you expecting me to give a course listing a community college? They learn it from their parents, from each other. The same way they learn how to work the welfare system. The same place they learn ebonics. Get in the real world.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Why is O Mara saying it's a tragedy that his client shot and killed a murderous thug? Shouldn't he be rejoicing over it? Or, at the minimum grateful to Trayvon for providing him with a profitable client?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Yeah, it does sound a bit racist. I lived in a ghetto type area of white plains myself as well. It wasn't a black thing, even the white people in the area were mostly the same. There was gang bangers, and there was good people, that also felt threatened for retaliation if they opened their mouth to the cops.Snitches get stitches and all that.

link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

I am sorry, but are you dense? Rejoicing over it? Really?

link   
Zimmerman said Martin was looking at his gun. He also said his gun was in his pants on his rear.

Flat out, he's lying!!

1) Martin couldn't see the gun behind Zimmerman.
2)How could Zimmerman pull his gun from the small of his back with Martin on top of him?

Zimmerman statements do not make sense and prove he is lying.

Case closed.

link   
There is no way they will decide today, its Friday and the wrong day to not appease the riot threateners.

So I say Tuesday to throw a small block in the damage.

I think they need to stop, going on too long is counter productive at this point. Its been proven that there is doubt no ifs, ands or buts. Let the bald dude rant for an hour and get it over with.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Wiz4769 because: (no reason given)

link   

Because all premature deaths are sad. Even if a person threw their life away to live like a thug, it's still sad that their decisions brought down early death upon themselves. Pretty basic stuff ....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by coop039

If they can work the welfare system to their benefit with minimum education, perhaps it's time to start firing the administrators of that system? But, that's another thread entirely.

link   
Lol nice big green signs.

I would feel patronized too, if i was in the jury.

link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by boymonkey74
So when does the jury go and decide? do you think it will take them hours or days?

- Break for lunch
- Prosecution rebuttal .... about 30-45 minutes (I don't remember how much time they have left)
- Jury gets the case and starts deliberations.

I think before the jury gets the case, the judge has to instruct the jury.
The judge goes over each charge and what is required ... that kind of thing.

THe jury will have the case by close of business today.
They will deliberate through the weekend. That's what the live stream is saying ...

What I am wondering is if they will wait til Monday or if the jury comes back with a verdict tomorrow or Sunday will they call everyone in and read the verdict? If the jury is in full agreement, we could have a verdict rather quick and then again we could have to wait days to get one.

link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Pretty sure they get an hour for rebuttal.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If that's the case, why do you suppose so many people are preparing to celebrate when Zimmerman walks out of the courtroom?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I for one don't call "rioting" "celebrating"...

2nd

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
The defense attorney is just confusing the jury with all this long drawn-out review. A simple statement about the State's obligation (and failure) to prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that this was murder would be a better closing strategy than this.
edit on 12-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

I'd rather listen to a rational 3-hour speech than a 3-hour emotional one with the Prosecution prancing about and hooping and hollering throughout.

link   

Because they feel he is not guilty, why else? It's not black and white here. Thinking that he should not be jailed for self defense, is not the same as hating Martin and rejoicing he is dead.

link   
Defense point ... it is NOT against the law to follow somone.
Defense point ... reminds jury that if there is ANY doubt, you must find 'not guilty'.
Defense point ... the father of Martin said it wasn't Martins voice on 911.
Defense point ... no 'expert use of force' used by Zimmerman
Defense point ... the prosecution did a lot of screaming and yelling and cursing. Zimmermans voice on the tape was very different than how the prosecution yelled it.

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by coop039

Yeah, it does sound a bit racist. I lived in a ghetto type area of white plains myself as well. It wasn't a black thing, even the white people in the area were mostly the same. There was gang bangers, and there was good people, that also felt threatened for retaliation if they opened their mouth to the cops.Snitches get stitches and all that.

You are correct. Its not just a black thing. Its a ghetto thing no matter the color.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Attack the argument, not the arguer, Mr O Mara. Stop taking your jury for fools.

Now he's saying Trayvon was armed with a pavement. Better not go out near any sidewalks, guys, or there's a likelihood you might be presumed to be reaching for a weapon.
edit on 12-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join