It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 232
<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Really, that would be the area reserved for Martin supporters lol.......

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I'm checking the audience out...the lady (and yes she is black) sitting by Trayvon's mother is CONSTANTLY shaking her head as if to say "Nope. Nope. Nope."

That's interesting because I would think that's the prosecution side and the other side is the Zimmerman side. Those sitting near the Martin mother should be pulling for the prosecution. I'd think.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Prediction: GZ's head shake after Dr. Phil lawyer said he was guilty of murder will be the clip all over the news this evening.

link   
so this is the final jury instructions correct? this will let us know what that objection from defense accomplishes correct?

so wait they ignored the objection?
edit on 11-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by ButterCookie

Really, that would be the area reserved for Martin supporters lol.......

Yep...and she is looking like maybe she believed at first, but now she is looking upset that this all sounds trumped out...

Keeping my eyes on the audience, hoping to get insight to the jurors.
edit on 11-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Commentator:

It's not the prosecutor's job to raise reasonable doubt

Didn't he get the memo?

It was high on emotion, and short on facts

About sums it up. They are going to come back with a list of the lies that were told later I think lol

edit on Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:27:10 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
so that is it for today? they completely ignored the objection by defense that the judge said she would come back to at the end? or am i missing something. on the feed all im getting is what looks like a podium for some one about to give a speach but no one is there.....any one else still have feed of the court room

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

All I got is an external shot of the courthouse here

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
so that is it for today? they completely ignored the objection by defense that the judge said she would come back to at the end? or am i missing something. on the feed all im getting is what looks like a podium for some one about to give a speach but no one is there.....any one else still have feed of the court room

That will probably be talked about tomorrow morning before the jury is brought into the courtroom. Court is recessed until 830am tomorrow morning.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas
so this is the final jury instructions correct?

The "Jury Instructions" will be given to the Jury when the case is handed to them - after all the closing arguments (the prosecution, the defense, and probably a prosecution rebuttal to the defense arguments).

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
few of the reactions and links to how various news sites think the prosecution did today

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.foxnews.com...

www.thedailybeast.com...

au.answers.yahoo.com... and yahoo answers take on the matter

www.freerepublic.com... and evidently rush chimes in in this one

thanks for answering my question about when the jury receives its instructions
edit on 11-7-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This prosecution lawyer is irritating.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I honestly woke up like a minute ago this guy put me to sleep.

Did he make any good points?

I don't know. I ate a half a box of "Trix" and couldn't hear for the crunching. But, it seems its all "implied, with lots of room for doubt", D- for the closing.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OK I just heard a summary.

"It was long on emotion and short on fact."

And

"How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt by raising more questions?"

I do not even feel like watching the rest because I know he is going free but to me it’s like watching a football game where it’s the last quarter the points are not even close you already watched it this far might as well watch the rest.

BTW I wasn't kidding when I said he put me to sleep, I think I was drowling. Soooo long winded.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What?!?!?! there are 9 jurors, at the end they are going to dismiss 3 as alternates. Is that common knowledge, that's the first time I heard it. That's messed up lol

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

its common I think. you always have an alternate jury pool just in case a juror gets tainted... like violate the judges rules.

thats why on some objections, the jury is asked to go back to their room and wait so they dont hear things that are not on record.

link   
judgepedia.org... here is a link to judgepedia on the judge presiding over the case if any one wanted a bit more info on her this was the best of what i could find

link   
reply to post by TKDRL
Not sure how Florida works, but in some states the "alternates" hear all the testimony and closing arguments - but once the case gets handed to the Jury for "deliberation" they are no longer involved. Once "deliberation" starts only the "actual" jurors are in that room. You typically can't substitute juror's, if one dies at that point - it's time for a re-trail situation. The "alternates" are substitutes just in-case something happens before that case goes to "deliberation" (i.e. is handed to the Jury).
edit on 2013-7-11 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by bbracken677

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Taking out a gun and firing it at an attacker isn't fighting back, it's putting an end to a fight, or it should be if you are competent with your gun.

You have hit the nail on the head right there....

Someone may choose to start a fight, but it may not end the way they expect. Dont start the freaking fight!

I am 58, and I can tell you one thing, I am not wasting my breath duking it out with anyone...they want to start something? Fine...I will finish it.

See this is what I mean. This absolute certainty that the gun can solve this kind of problem in your favour. It reads like a powerless person fetishising a means to have some kind of control, any kind. Guns make you feel big and strong and warm in a frightening world, sure, (and perhaps that's what George felt, a little, as he puffed out of his truck) but they also inadvertently make that world much more fearsome.

Once the criminals know you are armed they tool up as well. And acting macho isn't going to so you much good when someone shoots you in the back. Far from making this sort of thing less likely, the Martin case is going to make real thugs more likely to kill you.

A gun does NOT make me feel warm and fuzzy...I cannot understand how that could possibly be the case. A gun is something you use only when you have to. I have not had a physical "confrontation" since I was in my 20s. Anyone with half a brain should be able to get out of most situations or recognize when not to enter one. The exception is when someone else is bound and determined to do you harm regardless of anything, in which case you are either prepared or dead.

Your choice.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
reply to post by TKDRL

thats why on some objections, the jury is asked to go back to their room and wait so they dont hear things that are not on record.

That has got to be a miserable life. Can they bring books or do they have to be approved? Same with movies/music since they can't watch/listen any media broadcast?

I could see myself either in the hotel gym or getting fat ordering room service from being so bored. I'd like to think that I would go to the gym, but who am I kidding.

top topics

<< 229  230  231    233  234  235 >>

join