It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 233
<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Man, I would be pissed if I sat through the whole trial,then that loud ass closing and got told I did it for nothing lmao. Well, not exactly nothing, but you know what I am saying
edit on Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:39:50 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by seabag
Real thugs already kill people. They don’t often kill armed people though.

Plastic thugs usually don't. But I guess they'll probably start considering it now.

The point is, your country is a fantastically dangerous place to live. Either this is because it's full of people who want to kill each other, or because it's full of guns, or both. Either way more guns is unlikely to be the answer.

Your perception is incorrect sir...you see the news, but apparently do not live here.

I am 58 years old and have never seen a weapon actually used in public other than once at 4th of july, some knucklehead firing up into the air.

I have, however, seen people carrying. I have never lived in a state where you could not carry. I have lived in a state where concealed carry was unlawful...the weapon had to be visible. I currently live in a state where you cannot carry visibly, but rather it has to be concealed. Odd that I have not had to dodge any bullets or lay down cover fire.

I plan on living forever.... so far so good

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The alternates know that fact.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The state didn't have to prove exactly what did happen, they just hadto prove that it didn't happen like George said. There's plenty of proof of that among the evidence the jury has to hand.
edit on 11-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yeah I misunderstood, they knew about it, they just don't know is if they are a real juror or alternate. Makes sense, if you knew you were an alternate, you might not do a thorough job.
edit on Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:45:00 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Prosecutor making a very strong case against Zimmerman.

Cop wannabe Zimmerman, took the life of an innocent 17 year old young man because he thought he was a criminal.

Apparently you have not been watching the trial.
This fails due to lack of evidence, not to mention that half or 2/3 of the witnesses the prosecution called helped the defense more than prosecution

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
The state didn't have to prove exactly what did happen, they just have to prove that it didn't happen like George said. There's plenty of proof of that among the evidence the jury has to hand.

See, that's where you are absolutely wrong.

The state has to prove A story...which they never presented, of the events of that night.

The Defense is the one who then rebuts to say it didn't happen as the state said.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I couldn't find a simple table anywhere, that indicates how many jurors/alternates for which sites.

However, The National Center for State Courts has a good (PDF) write-up about Jury-size theory:
PDF

I seem to recall going to one (or two) of their annual conferences a long time ago (when I was still working in that field).

edit on 2013-7-11 by EnhancedInterrogator because: It was two: Dallas and Nashville in the 90's.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The state didn't have to prove exactly what did happen, they just have to prove that it didn't happen like George said. There's plenty of proof of that among the evidence the jury has to hand.

Not true. It could have happened differently and still be legal self defense.

It is up to the prosecution to prove he broke a law.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Don't matter how passionate you are about your lies, a lie is a lie

Another gem of a comment on mr. screechy prosecutor's closing lmao

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This Schaeffer needs to shut his biased mouth. He's just slagged DLRionda for telling one fib, and is happily ignoring every one Zimmerman has said. One lie doesn't make everything you say unbelievable. A series of them when you are faced with a 2nd degree murder charge is a different matter entirely.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by seabag

Violent crime in US happens primarily in heavily populated urban areas. Most of those areas are gun free zones. That tells me the less guns in the hands of law abiding citizens the more violent crime against them. Let's arm the citizens of Chicago and find out....

By the way, violent crime in US has been steadily decreasing for years in US.

edit on 11-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

So if law-abiding Chicagoans had guns they could live in a city as safe as, say, Oakland? Nice!

Violent crime has been decreasing pretty much everywhere. It's just that you guys seem to love shooting each other a lot.

No but they could live in a city as safe as Dallas.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

One lie lol.....

link   
reply to post by TKDRL

It's the "ruby-slippers" technique. If you say something over and over again enough times, it comes true! Just ask FoxNews!

link   

This Schaeffer needs to shut his biased mouth. He's just slagged DLRionda for telling one fib, and is happily ignoring every one Zimmerman has said. One lie doesn't make everything you say unbelievable. A series of them when you are faced with a 2nd degree murder charge is a different matter entirely.

One lie is enough to provide reasonable doubt.

Which is all the defence requires.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The state didn't have to prove exactly what did happen, they just hadto prove that it didn't happen like George said. There's plenty of proof of that among the evidence the jury has to hand.
edit on 11-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

If you are an American you are providing evidence of our failed education system as your statement could not be any more juxtaposed to the actual rule of law in our country.
Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Can't wait to see Nancy Grace face when they come back with a not guilty verdict. She can thank the prosecution for putting up a great defense in helping Zimmerman.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

That is funny.

One lie from the prosecution shouldn’t matter but if George lied once about somthing he must be guilty of murder.

Strange world you come from.

link   
reply to post by roadgravel

If he has convinced the jury that Zimmerman is a habitual liar, he's done the job, from where I'm sitting. It's not like there was any mystery to solve over whodunnit - the jury just has to decide if he had good reason to do it, and there's no guarantee they will favour Zimmerman at the end of this.

link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
reply to post by TKDRL

It's the "ruby-slippers" technique. If you say something over and over again enough times, it comes true! Just ask FoxNews!

Proof by assertion

Proof by assertion, sometimes informally referred to as proof by repeated assertion, is an informal fallacy in which a proposition is repeatedly restated regardless of contradiction.

new topics

top topics

<< 230  231  232    234  235  236 >>

join