It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yep. Casey Anthony had a moron for an attorney too, and yet she got off as well, so if the Prosecution witnesses continue like this, it won't matter.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by dudeman351

Crackers ... those who would whip the slaves in the fields during the civil war.
To call a white person a cracker is just as bad as calling a black person the 'n' word.
It's hateful. It's degrading. It's unnecessary. It's ignorant.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Can't you read? I did ... I said that Martins continued use of racial slurs does ended equal the same thing as a white person using the 'n' word OF COURSE it does. To say otherwise is absurd.

Yes, I can. That's not the question I asked. You've reframed it to make it more palatable for you. Perhaps you would like to try to answer the question?

It should be noted to those reading this thread ... Zimmerman didn't use the 'n' word. JuniorDisco is just employing the 'black people can't be racist ' silliness that some people try to pass off as some kind of pseudo-psychology.

I'm not sure that you're even aware what psychology is. Could you explain why you use the term here?

And I haven't said that Zimmerman used "the n word", nor have I said that black people can't be racist. I have said that when people use prejudicial terms, that usage is couched in a framework of social, structural norms. And that those have overwhelmingly favoured white people over black. To suggest that we use language in some kind of vacuum, without the historicity that comes with it, is dumb.

With regard to the Martin case, Zimmerman's defenders are obviously eager to deflect from the potential fact that he did what he did for racial reasons, hence the utility of the infantile "racism is just racism" argument.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

We won't know if Zimmerman is innocent or guilty.
But the prosecution witness' will make sure that he doesn't get any jail time.
Really LOUSY witness'. I can't believe the prosecution based a whole lot
of their case on this Jeantel person ... and that other airhead woman who
lied about shadows and the number of gunshots she supposedly heard.

Side note ... someone give that Jeantel a drug test. She seriously looked doped up ....
especially compared to how her behavior was yesterday ...

link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
One person killed another person. Does it matter who, what, where, when, how or why? What happened to a good ole fashioned @$$ kickin'? Why does everyone have to play John Wayne???

That is my feeling as well, GZ brought a gun to a fist fight. He was getting his ass kicked by a teenager who he thought that he could handle, once he realized that he couldn't kick the teenager's ass he shot him. TM may have sucker punched him, he may not have, but whatever the case he shot the teenager and killed him.

link   
I, like some other posters, took it for granted that Zimmerman was guilty as charged. That was until I watched this (long) video that was produced to show his guilt. youtu.be... after I watched the video, heard the girlfriend and did some research, I became convinced this should have never even gone to trial.

If you haven't seen it, here is zimmermans video reenactment. m.youtube.com...#/watch?v=VakGZgJxTi4&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVakGZgJxTi4

Here is the Wikipedia page en.wikipedia.org...

All the info you could want is in the above links.

I also agree that Martin sounds far more racist than Zimmerman ever was if what I am hearing is true.

P.S. there is some of the girls audio in the the video and it seems to totally contradict what she is saying on the stand.

edit on 27-6-2013 by soundguy because: Grammar

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

To me, the "spirit" of the Stand Your Ground law was broken the moment Zimmerman pursued Martin (especially after reporting him to the police).

There was no altercation at that point so why would stand your ground apply or not.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

I actually do think that his use of the twitter handle is as bad as a white person saying it to a black person.

I applaud your honesty, but not many people would agree with you.

I do not understand why a black person would call another or themselves a derogatory racial slur. I personally think that anyone using a racial slur to describe themselves or anyone else are more than likely racist. You do not use those types of words unless you have hatred in you.

This is a ballsy attempt to impute some kind of original sin to Martin. Hats off, it's a new one.

I note that Martin can be adjudged - by you - to be filled with hate. But any attempt to divine the motives of Zimmerman is off limits, unfair etc. I hope there's no racial motive behind that, but I wonder...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy

yea...im pretty sure your wrong

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe you need to brush up on your history. Or do you buy into the yankee drivel that is now called history? I am a proud Cracker and a Proud Southron.

link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco
I'm not sure that you're even aware what psychology is.

Oh junior ... my degree is in psychology. And it fits perfectly.
Go to college. Educate yourself. You'll figure it all out. Good luck to you ....

Originally posted by roadgravel
There was no altercation at that point so why would stand your ground apply or not.

Stand your ground was dumped as a defense. Good thing for Zimmerman.
These (alleged) witness for the prosecution are doing the defense's job for them.

link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

at the end of the day...the "n word" is the worst thing you can call someone around the world...in Africa the word cracker means unsweetened biscuit or somthing..."n word" is still i derogatory word for blacks in Africa

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonBear
reply to post by JuniorDisco

My bad.... I see that you also know GZ. Please update me more on his personal life. Please inform me of his exercise habits and previous career choices and twist them as you please. Then tell me how any of what you think you know is relevant to this case.

I didn't say I knew him. I said that it's a matter of public record that he has attacked a police officer and that his fiance alleged he beat her.

In the hands of Martin's accusers this would make him a violent cop attacking wife beater. If they bothered to employ any semblance of equanimity.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

You misrepresent was the girl said in court yesterday. She said she didn't worry when TM didn't answer his phone because she knew that there were people around and he was right by his dad's to get help. She did NOT say she had just thought he got into another fight. Watched it again last night just so I could come and tell you that you weren't correctly representing what the girl testified to.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dudeman351
Maybe you need to brush up on your history. Or do you buy into the yankee drivel that is now called history? I am a proud Cracker and a Proud Southron.

There are two different crackers that are being discussed. The term cracker that is usually used by racists and bigots these days refers to the slave handlers who whipped the slaves in the fields. Perhaps in the part of the country you are in, the cracker used is the other one.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

yea dude ur wrong....dont go around telling people who know about their history your a proud cracker

perhaps what flyers fan said
edit on 27-6-2013 by Baddguy because: flyers fan clarified

edit on 27-6-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
For those of you unaware, the George Zimmerman murder trial has gotten underway. Here's a Timeline of Events to get you up to speed.

Unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in an incident that sparked national debate and outrage. Now, Zimmerman is on trial for murder and faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted
How do you think the trial will end? Do you think George Zimmerman will be convicted or acquitted? Do you think there will be riots and civil unrest from the verdict?

It actually should have read;

Unarmed Trayvon Martin was shot and killed after an attack on a neighborhood watch volunteer, George Zimmerman in an incident that sparked national debate and outrage. Now, Zimmerman is on trial on a charge of murder and faces a maximum of life in prison if convicted...

Today's doublespeak media is so biased and corrupt.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
As for my opinion, none of the prosecution witnesses are credible. The black girl has a racial score to settle and the other one only recently invented her current story.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy
reply to post by FlyersFan

ok...you don't understand racism....firstly the term "cracker" will never hold as much weight a the "n word".
second the term "cracker" comes from slaves that referred to the masters as "whip crackers"....you can use all the logic you want but is not the same...I know..i know "racism is racism" but white people didnt go through slavery and segregation like blacks did so they will never understand what blacks still deal with...

but any way...how about GZ beating on women??

I see you've never heard of the holocaust. We can either speak in truth and facts or we can perpetuate ignorance and hate. I see you've chosen the latter

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I've not caught up on Rachel Geantel's testimony today, but on yesterday's performance, I don't half feel sorry for her. She's been thrust into a spotlight she had no desire to be under, and as low as her intelligence may be, she's aware enough to know that she has problems communicating her thoughts, and her frustration showed clearly. Still, her inadequacies dispel the Team Zimmerman conspiracy theories that Crump or the Martin's invented her to get George arrested.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Crackers ... those who would whip the slaves in the fields during the civil war.
To call a white person a cracker is just as bad as calling a black person the 'n' word.
It's hateful. It's degrading. It's unnecessary. It's ignorant.

Oh dry your eyes. The very fact that you won't even write out the "n word" shows you're wrong. As does the fact that you can't bring yourself to confront the obvious difference between a stupid young black guy calling himself NIGGA on twitter and a white person shouting that at a black person.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join