It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
my bad quoted wrong
edit on 27-6-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The way I see it is from what we now know martin could just as easily ambushed zimmerman

link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You can watch it all at your convenience at this link

You can't trust most things that are said in this thread because people distort the actual testimony. Judge for yourself if you are interested.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

She has been exposed as a multiple liar also she said martin was right by his house after he ran and they talked for several minutes before trayvon confronted zimmerman and she DID say Trayvon confronted Zimmerman. That means he was by his house and rather than go in he waited on Zimmerman and confronted him. It's now a fact from the star witness. If you guys still think Zimmerman is guilty then you are too biase. This trial is over. Zimmerman is innocent and this Rachels testimony backs Zimmerman.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

For example you misinterpretted a days worth of testimony yesterday.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Originally posted by FlyersFan

firstly the term "cracker" will never hold as much weight a the "n word".

Because people give it a free pass when in fact the hate behind that word is just as deep.

Yeah, years of being enslaved, forced to use different amenities, get served last in shops, sit at the back of the bus, and step off the sidewalk when a white person passes, that stuff is definitely almost as bad as, um, having to whip black people for not working hard enough.

How many black people do you know that are whipped for not working! Equal Opportunity legislation was a give away for those who did not want to compete in this country under standards which had existed for hundreds of years. The Best person qualified for a job or education should be hired regardless of race. However that legislation, removed that measurement for excellence in our country and tried to "equalize" everyone. Those that paid the price, worked hard, sacrificed to better themselves were denied jobs, education and government benefits because they were not the right color.

Do not throw out the "Red Herring" that blacks deserve anything from our country. If you were to look at the Mexicans, Vietnamese et.al., they seem to blend in and understand the importance of self reliance. This characteristic is completely missing in the Black Community.

Any black high school graduate can get granted to any University in this Country and will get a free ride scholarship. That is what is wrong with this country, everyone wants everything given to them, nothing is worked for anymore. This legislation was successful in dumbing down our entire population.

I think it is time to put everyone on a level playing field based upon brains, talent, and education, not skin color. Fortunately, the majority of wealth held in this country is held by those who believed in the old standards of risk taking and bettering themselves, instead of relying upon government to send them a monthly check and baby them from cradle to grave.

Travon Martin deserved what he got, he should not have been in the area, he was the racist as evidenced by his comment and his killer was NOT a "white cracker" he was hispanic. Zimmerman is innocent, lets see the gang banger pictures and the gold tooth which depicts Martin, instead of the little kid in a football uniform. Adios Amigos. John

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Wait up... is her testimony understandable or is it an absolute rambling mess? I can never quite tell which one Team Zimmerman has settled on.

edit on 27-6-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

Innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply anymore

Especially if you're black and have a screwdriver in your bag. Then you're Tony Soprano and Dillinger all rolled into one, case closed.
edit on 27-6-2013 by JuniorDisco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I was once on a jury in a pedophile case. I can tell you that you have to fight hard not to make opinions where actual evidence is not presented. In the case I was on, I did not believe the man was guilty but that his close friend was. His friend had the computer for two weeks and the police charged him with obstruction to get it back. The friend had taken it to a computer tech to have it erased. That failed due to forensic data retrieval methods. All the pics were graphic and hard to have to look at. The prosecution said and showed that all the time and date stamps on the images were on dates where only the accused would have access to it (it was a company computer). The defense offered no debate, not argument to discredit the prosecution. It's only defense was to claim that someone did it with a Trojan hacking virus.

That man is now in prison for 21 years. I hated the trial and got myself off two others that same year. He was convicted based only on the evidence and rebuttal presented. The defense failed.

It is a lie to say anyone is unbiased in some way or another. Everyone has an opinion. My fellow jurors only wanted pizza, a paycheck, and to leave early. Only me and one other woman actually debated the facts considering that a mans life was in the balance.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Someone please give me one legitimate reason why this case has gotten so much publicity? The only reason I can see is a plot to divide the US racially. Same goes for Paula Dean. With all of the atrocities going on in the world and these are our front page news stories? I wonder what is going on in the other direction that the powers that be want to distract us from?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Are you certain he said that during his call or was it his reenactment? I guess missed that part.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faust100f

Travon Martin deserved what he got, he should not have been in the area, he was the racist as evidenced by his comment and his killer was NOT a "white cracker" he was hispanic. Zimmerman is innocent, lets see the gang banger pictures and the gold tooth which depicts Martin, instead of the little kid in a football uniform. Adios Amigos. John

He should not have been in the area? TM wasn't allowed to visit his father?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

How many black people do you know that are whipped for not working!

You've misunderstood me. I was pointing out that when I white person calls a black person a "'n-word'", this does not happen in a vacuum. It occurs after centuries of oppression. Which is - in simple terms - why it is worse than a black person calling a white person "cracker".

Equal Opportunity legislation was a give away for those who did not want to compete in this country under standards which had existed for hundreds of years.

Like slavery? That was okay within that time-frame as well.

The Best person qualified for a job or education should be hired regardless of race. However that legislation, removed that measurement for excellence in our country and tried to "equalize" everyone. Those that paid the price, worked hard, sacrificed to better themselves were denied jobs, education and government benefits because they were not the right color.

Do not throw out the "Red Herring" that blacks deserve anything from our country. If you were to look at the Mexicans, Vietnamese et.al., they seem to blend in and understand the importance of self reliance. This characteristic is completely missing in the Black Community.

Any black high school graduate can get granted to any University in this Country and will get a free ride scholarship. That is what is wrong with this country, everyone wants everything given to them, nothing is worked for anymore. This legislation was successful in dumbing down our entire population.

I think it is time to put everyone on a level playing field based upon brains, talent, and education, not skin color. Fortunately, the majority of wealth held in this country is held by those who believed in the old standards of risk taking and bettering themselves, instead of relying upon government to send them a monthly check and baby them from cradle to grave.

Blah blah. Certain kinds of white people are always banging in about affirmative action like it's worse than slavery. It's a load of rubbish,and if you think it's really the number one problem pertaining to race in America then you're pretty dumb.

And do you think that any black high school kid can get a scholarship? That no black people at all have any self reliance? I think that's a racist sentiment.

Travon Martin deserved what he got, he should not have been in the area,

Yeah, he should have kept to his appointed, segregated area, right?

Look, he had every right to be there. Would you say the same of a white boy? Probably not. Which makes you - well, you probably know.

Zimmerman is innocent, lets see the gang banger pictures and the gold tooth which depicts Martin, instead of the little kid in a football uniform. Adios Amigos. John

Yeah, because people with gold teeth DESERVE TO DIE.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Black people should stick to their inner city ghettos where they belong. I think that's the gist of the poster's argument.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundguy
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Are you certain he said that during his call or was it his reenactment? I guess missed that part.

i edited my post.

he said

Zimmerman:
We’ve had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there’s a real suspicious guy. It’s Retreat View Circle. The best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he’s up to no good or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around looking about. [00:25]
911 dispatcher: OK, is he White, Black, or Hispanic?
Zimmerman: He looks black.
911 dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?
Zimmerman: Yeah, a dark hoodie like a gray hoodie. He wore jeans or sweat pants and white tennis shoes. He’s here now … he’s just staring. [00:42]
911 dispatcher: He’s just walking around the area, the houses? OK.
Zimmerman: Now he’s staring at me. [00:48]

Zimmerman 911 Call Transcript –

you can read the whole transcript here and listen to the call at the bottom.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuniorDisco

Black people should stick to their inner city ghettos where they belong. I think that's the gist of the poster's argument.

I believe you are right, I believe that faust100f wants the US to go back to pre-Civil War times.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by riffraff
You have the legal right to shoot an attacker (armed or unarmed) if you believe your life is in danger. It doesn't matter if there is one attacker or one hundred. If you slam my head into the pavement, I will shoot you. And after a long drawn out overhyped trial I will walk free. Why do you think we have guns?

No, you need to have a reasonable belief you were in danger. If, for example, you've been having a standing struggle to restrain someone on wet grass, and you slip and fall on your back with the other guy on top of you, then, as he's trying to get back up, you are holding on to his clothing while you get your gun out to shoot him, that's definitely NOT reasonable behaviour.

Is English your first language? Read my quote again. Read it slow. Read it out loud if you still don't get it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
They need a translator in the court room. I don't know what language she is speaking. But it sure ain't English.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

You have the legal right to shoot an attacker (armed or unarmed) if you believe your life is in danger. It doesn't matter if there is one attacker or one hundred. If you slam my head into the pavement, I will shoot you. And after a long drawn out overhyped trial I will walk free. Why do you think we have guns?

No, you need to have a reasonable belief you were in danger. If, for example, you've been having a standing struggle to restrain someone on wet grass, and you slip and fall on your back with the other guy on top of you, then, as he's trying to get back up, you are holding on to his clothing while you get your gun out to shoot him, that's definitely NOT reasonable behaviour.

Is English your first language? Read my quote again. Read it slow. Read it out loud if you still don't get it.

The belief of a paranoid schizophrenic or a raging alcoholic isn't going to cut it as mitigation for killing someone in self-defence.

Your believing you was in danger only counts if it can be established that you were a reasonable person.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

She has been exposed as a multiple liar also she said martin was right by his house after he ran and they talked for several minutes before trayvon confronted zimmerman and she DID say Trayvon confronted Zimmerman. That means he was by his house and rather than go in he waited on Zimmerman and confronted him. It's now a fact from the star witness. If you guys still think Zimmerman is guilty then you are too biase. This trial is over. Zimmerman is innocent and this Rachels testimony backs Zimmerman.

How funny!!!

So she is a multiple liar, but yet you are taking her word for it when you assume she is backing Zimmerman's story? So which one is she? Is she a lair or is she truthful?

Again- even if Trayvon confronted Zimmerman, it makes no difference. Had Zimmerman not been following Trayvon, then he never would have been confronted by Trayvon and he would still be alive. Zimmerman's actions on this night created the chain of events which lead to the death of Trayvon Martin- that's what is known as manslaughter. I would wait for the jury to get all teh info and render a verdict before I go proclaiming anyone as "innocent".

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join