It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by WonderBoi

if you remember he said that it didn't work.
and that he tried to bang it and make it work.

and when the detectives or one of the cops testified they said they it wasn't shinning.
Whether it was working or not....point is....he shouldn't have been LOOKING. That's what flashlights are for. To see, in the dark.

The state isn't trying to convict. This is going to be ANOTHER "case closed" for Zimmerman. Chalk it up to "case closed" No.5

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The judge just let in weather conditions that are 5-6 miles away.
Man .... weather can be vastly different just a mile or two down the road.
That was a bad call.
This was in favor of the prosecution .. of course.

They did say 5-6 miles away, but I thought I also heard the defense say 3-4 minutes away or did he say they wouldn't be opposed to weather 3-4 minutes away?
But yeah weather could be vastly different even a half mile away.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think the state did a crappy job.

The state either did a crappy job ... or they did the best with what they had (which wasn't much) .. or both. The JUDGE is the one that is really bad. My god ..she's allowing weather reports from 5-6 miles away to be brought in by the prosecution. That's insane. Here in my own neighborhood it can be pouring at one end and dry at the other ... let alone 5-6 miles away.

I've only seen the defense mess up once. That was this morning when they questioned the biological mother instead of just letting her get off the witness stand after being questioned for only a minute or so,

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

But he didn't use the element of surprise - he called out to George when he was between 8 and 15ft away, if George is to be believed. Answer this - if you believe RJ backs up GZ's account of the first contact between the 2, why are you more inclined to believe Trayvon punched George first, rather than George grabbed Trayvon's clothing first? Why is the former more likely than the latter, in your view? Bear in mind, Zimmerman was the man frustrated by crime in his area and eager to put a stop to it, and Trayvon was the guy heading back from the store talking to a g/f on the phone.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Originally posted by WonderBoi
BTW...how far does Zimmerman live from the crime scene?

Look it up. It's EASY to find. Z lived on the other side of the complex. Just about as far away from the crime scene as possible and still be in it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

That's a very good question. I'd like to know the answer to that myself and think it is a lot more important than many aspects that are being brought up. Somebody needs to find the answer to that straight away.
edit on 5-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)
It seems to me, like Martin had MORE of a right to be in that area, than Zimmerman did. He said, he wasn't familiar with the area...therefore, he must not have lived close by. So, WHY WAS HE THERE? Didn't Trayvon, TECHNICALLY and LAWFULLY speaking, have a right to STAND HIS GROUND, considering it WAS his neighborhood?

Don't mind me, i'm just playing the fool. It's better to act like you don't know, than presume that you do know. Fact is: NO ONE KNOWS but God, Zimmerman and well....the other person is dead.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

That was a bad call.

They did say 5-6 miles away, but I thought I also heard the defense say 3-4 minutes away or did he say they wouldn't be opposed to weather 3-4 minutes away?

Us Floridians know it can be raining on one side of the street and be bone dry on the other side. It will not be a big deal.

It looks like they are moving to dismiss.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
now the defense is asking for acquittal, in any other case like this, pretty sure it would be granted, in this case, thou, no way in hell...

pretty impressed with this defense team...

They will not get an acquittal, yet at least they can make them feel bad for being wrong...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

That was a bad call.

Us Floridians know it can be raining on one side of the street and be bone dry on the other side. It will not be a big deal.

Yep the defense is asking for an acquittal. With this judge they will never get it, but the defense even said they still cannot figure out what the states case is.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Standard procedure at this point. The defense moves to dismiss.
There is no way this biased judge will agree to it.
Very few do. But this one for sure will not.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I almost think he should be acquitted after the state's case... I think he's guilty of manslaughter, but the state didn't prove it at all...

What a mess.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by Bicent76

I almost think he should be acquitted after the state's case... I think he's guilty of manslaughter, but the state didn't prove it at all...

What a mess.

I agree, they have proved nothing... 0 Just put up emotional people on the stand, saying a voice on a 911 recording is Trayvon, oh and not to mention they are friends and members of Trayvon's Family..

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I fully agree with this post.

And I'll add to it that I think the prosecutors office has a lot to answer for.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

And i guess the lights in the complex weren't working? It was so dark, he needed a flashlight?

Again, if you watched this trial at all you would already know the answer to this question.

Yes it was dark. Yes, there were NO LIGHTS outside on that dog walk/pathway. This was all addressed when they showed the crime scene photos in the first week. The only light source in the crime scene photos was the flash of the camera because there was NO OTHER LIGHT SOURCE.

It is amazing to me that you are so die hard on your opinion but you have very little facts about this case.
edit on 5-7-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here's something INTERESTING that i stumbled upon. I'll just give you a snippet of the end.

What we can pretty much all agree on, is that if George Zimmerman never got out of his vehicle, this would be an entirely different story. This act of leaving the vehicle is not an illegal act, but it is clearly against the policy of the Neighborhood Watch Program.
Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

The fact he didn't flee is indicative of the deranged self righteous aggressive attitude of a lot of people in our society and they need to be put back in their place and Zimmerman needs to go to prison for a long long time.

He never had the option to flee, otherwise I'm sure he would have. He had phoned the nen number and he knew he had to face the music.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

That's a very good question. I'd like to know the answer to that myself and think it is a lot more important than many aspects that are being brought up. Somebody needs to find the answer to that straight away.
edit on 5-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)
It seems to me, like Martin had MORE of a right to be in that area, than Zimmerman did. He said, he wasn't familiar with the area...therefore, he must not have lived close by. So, WHY WAS HE THERE? Didn't Trayvon, TECHNICALLY and LAWFULLY speaking, have a right to STAND HIS GROUND, considering it WAS his neighborhood?

Don't mind me, i'm just playing the fool. It's better to act like you don't know, than presume that you do know. Fact is: NO ONE KNOWS but God, Zimmerman and well....the other person is dead.

Oh, I hear ya... I've had a number of instances when I thought someone was following me home and felt inclined to take a detour in my car so they wouldn't know where I lived but I know better than to follow people home. You don't do stuff like that while carrying a gun... unless you are looking for trouble.

If I was Martin, and walking... what would I do if I noticed that someone was following me home? Would I run inside my house so they can come rob me later or would I try to find out what was going on.

Zimmerman should have been minding his own business unless the situation came a lot closer to his OWN home than that. He doesn't really seem to have much to show for his reasons for doing this. Did he see Martin commit a crime? Was Martin in some way going out of his way to threaten him? It doesn't appear there is much to back that up yet Martin is killed a short distance from his house by a man following him carrying a gun.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Defense is giving it's plea to drop the case ...
THe judge is sitting at the bench .. not watching ... reading papers .. writing stuff ...
obviously not listening.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Here's something INTERESTING that i stumbled upon. I'll just give you a snippet of the end.

What we can pretty much all agree on, is that if George Zimmerman never got out of his vehicle, this would be an entirely different story. This act of leaving the vehicle is not an illegal act, but it is clearly against the policy of the Neighborhood Watch Program.
Read more: www.digitaljournal.com...

Yes GZ made bad decisions that night, he will never be on a Neighborhood Watch again. But he didn't do anything illegal to cause the altercation.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Defense is giving it's plea to drop the case ...
THe judge is sitting at the bench .. not watching ... reading papers .. writing stuff ...
obviously not listening.

The image I just saw shows her listening intently. Not sure what you saw or at what point.

Is it possible she was writing and looking at papers at the same time the defense lawyer was pointing to specific case law that he had provided to her?

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join