It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RickKilgannon

but to be fair, i can also see the authorities or the people in charge thinking that this was just a regular case of self defense, and not doing as thorough a jobs as if this was a murder case.

link   
interesting...

here's a recording of Trayvon's voice: www.youtube.com...

link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by WonderBoi

Because it was night, and rainy.
And i guess the lights in the complex weren't working? It was so dark, he needed a flashlight?

If you were paying attention to the trial you would know that the weren't really any lights in the complex, that is why the witnesses could not tell who was definitely on top at the points when they saw the 2 on the ground. If there were lights people looking out windows would have been able to clearly see the clothing of the 2.

link   

We likely never will. You can't convict based on that. Also evidence suggests only Martin through punches. If only Martin through a punch then only Martin could throw the first punch (unless it didn't land).

You can't convict someone if you can't prove they started it. I don't think Zimmerman did, but it doesn't matter.

link   
Is the prosecution trying to become the defense?

Did you guys just hear where he asked the ME if the bodies curl up after they die doesn’t that reinforce Zs statements and explain why the hands were under him?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Rehabilitation results so far ... ME says that even after reviewing his notes and reports for hours .. he still can't remember anything about the autopsy??

Blog from court reporter at the scene reports that the ME supervised the employees who did not properly bag Martin's clothing but says it wasn't his job and he was there. And then he said they should be fired. (something like that)

Running blog here - www.wftv.com...

ETA ... and now the ME is saying that he doesn't think Martin could move .. but that is back and forth and back and forth ... previously he said he couldn't move, then he could, now he can't again.

How'd this guy get to be a medical examiner????

ETA ... HE IS OFF. THANK GOODNESS! 10 min recess!!
edit on 7/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by RickKilgannon

but to be fair, i can also see the authorities or the people in charge thinking that this was just a regular case of self defense, and not doing as thorough a jobs as if this was a murder case.

Oh I agree, that in my opinion is why they didn't take more time with this case than other ones. By the time they would have started the autopsy, GZ was already released without any charges.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

My opinion is that the screams are Zimmerman's. Hearing Martin's voice just solidifies that.

An expert agreed (according to that video) and the prosecution tried to hide that tape. They want to leave Martin's voice a mystery and play up that he was a kid. If they played his voice in court others would start to realize it was Zimmerman's voice.
edit on 5-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by NotAnAspie

Of course it doesn't! That is the MOST absurd thing I have heard yet. How does that prove that? If you ask me that indicates Martin was likely the aggressor. Martin ambushed and jumped Zimmerman. Why would someone that has a gun try to get into a fist fight in a pitch dark area with the cops THEY called on the way?

Stop for a second, realize that that makes NO sense.

If he felt that Martin was a danger to him, then he would have reached for his gun. In his mind, he must use training tactics and rules but that doesn't stop him from being wrong to pursue martin in the first place due to his underlying emotional aggression, but His *conscious* mind still thinks of himself as a cop that goes by the rules.

So if he was in danger from Martin, that would have been his cue to reach for his gun. Had he reached for his gun at an appropriate moment of danger as cops in training are taught, he would likely not have had any problems subduing Martin.

In his claim... he did have problems with martin, so why didn't use his training and his weapon as a warning when the perpetrator became a *close* threat.

He didn't jump Zimmerman because he had his eye on Martin too long. He was pursuing him and had him in his sights. This means there is really no room for him to be surprised by Martins actions.... therefore if he came to a point in the confrontation where he thought he was in immediate physical danger, he would have pulled his gun and stopped the show right there and held Martin at bay, but that happened at close contact at a point when Martin could not get away from Zimmerman and it was Zimmerman who decided to pursue Martin, not the other way around.

He made physical contact with Martin prior to genuinely feeling as though his life was in danger... or else he would remained at a safer distance from Martin and given himself the opportunity to use his personal protection at a safe range with the hopes of not having to fire it, but use it as a warning.

This points to him acting out domineering aggression way too close to an unsuspecting person.
It was after he had already made aggressive contact with Martin and NOT as a uniformed officer that the physical contact gave him an excuse to THEN pull out his weapon at close range.

He first picked the fight, Martin was on the defensive side of the issue and Zimmerman THEN opportunistically pulled his weapon.

Had Martin been the initial threat, the fact that Zimmerman had a gun means if he had used it correctly for self defensive.... NO CONTACT WOULD HAVE EVER TAKEN PLACE.

If a man is pursuing you and you have a gun and he is running at you or walking toward using other threatening body language, You have the right to ready your weapon for protection before that person gets close enough to you to make contact if you have your eye on him prior to this, but in this case... Zimmerman was pursuing Martin and Martin therefore could not have taken him by surprise. Had he been pursuing Martin for showing threatening behavior, he would have every right to pull his weapon before contact but he pursued him out of a suspicious mindset, made contact with Martin and THEN pulled his weapon. He picked a fight.

He was out of place, out of line and he never should have pursued Martin in the first place, scaring him and putting Martin in that position to begin with... so when he did and he finds the excuse to pull his weapon after the fact.... he is 100% liable for Martins death.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I missed the last couple minutes (I couldn't take it anymore!) Did the prosecution rest? Or do they have another witness?

Never mind... Question answered. They didn't rest yet and it is unknown whether there's another witness.
edit on 7/5/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

They are waiting to see what they want to do next

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yes actually. Stop using the goofy rolling your eyes emoticons because you are actually dead wrong. There were no lights in between the buildings.
Again this info is widely known to EVERYONE that knows anything about the case. That is why it was so dark in between the buildings. That's why Trayvon was able to ambush Zimmerman. It wasn't light. Have you looked at the pictures?

Do you know anything about this case?
He had the flashlight because he was looking for Trayvon. Why did he need to "ambush" Zimmerman, when according to his dad, his house was 70yds away?
I guess the thug Martin was out looking for trouble. BTW...how far does Zimmerman live from the crime scene?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by AlexG141989

My opinion is that the screams are Zimmerman's. Hearing Martin's voice just solidifies that.

An expert agreed (according to that video) and the prosecution tried to hide that tape. They want to leave Martin's voice a mystery and play up that he was a kid. If they played his voice in court others would start to realize it was Zimmerman's voice.
edit on 5-7-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

they tried to hide it as in from the public or they don't want it presented in court?

If the judge doesn't allow something like that, but allows Sybrina to testify her opinion that she thinks its Trayvon then... this is just a big farce...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

if you remember he said that it didn't work.
and that he tried to bang it and make it work.

and when the detectives or one of the cops testified they said they it wasn't shinning.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Did anyone see this.

O’Mara also informed the court that his team had obtained video of three fights, two of which include Martin acting as referee. “There is certainly enough evidence,” he told the judge, “that’s going to suggest Trayvon Martin involved himself ongoingly with fighting with other people.
www.mediaite.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The judge just let in weather conditions that are 5-6 miles away.
Man .... weather can be vastly different just a mile or two down the road.
That was a bad call.
This was in favor of the prosecution .. of course.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The state is going to rest when the jury comes back in. Wow... Kind of a sour note to end on. I think the state did a crappy job.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

He was out of place, out of line and he never should have pursued Martin in the first place, scaring him and putting Martin in that position to begin with... so when he did and he finds the excuse to pull his weapon after the fact.... he is 100% liable for Martins death.
EXACTLY!!!! But, can't tell that to most people, here. They swaaaaaaarrrreee Martin is the aggressor. Zimmerman handled this situation, poorly, right from the start!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
BTW...how far does Zimmerman live from the crime scene?

That's a very good question. I'd like to know the answer to that myself and think it is a lot more important than many aspects that are being brought up. Somebody needs to find the answer to that straight away.
edit on 5-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join