It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Interestingly, on cross examination, the witness is presumed to be hostile. The reason for declaring a witness "hostile" is to be permitted to ask leading questions, which West is now doing.

en.wikipedia.org...

In cross-examination conducted by the opposing party's attorney, a witness is presumed to be hostile and the examining attorney is not required to seek the judge's permission before asking leading questions.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Holy freak'n cow! He answers the questions ... 'should be' ...
The defense wants to know specifics and the answer is ... over and over ... 'should be'.
OMG .... THIS is the final prosecution witness? This is the big bang at the end?
This is supposed to be the highlight of their case!
"I know nothing outside my notes" " I have no memory" "Should be ... "

Prosecution messed up. They should have put the mother last.
She was the only witness they have had of any value that wasn't fully impeached.

This guy is a mess.
The prosecution needs to get their resumes' together.
The whole lot of them should be fired.

NOW the ME is saying he spent hundreds of hours reviewing his notes and autopsy photos.
So now he is claiming that he fully knows what he's talking about.
But 5 minutes ago he said he knows nothing outside his notes.

Maybe it's a language thing and he doesn't understand what is going on ...
But whatever the reason, I'd like to know what the jury is doing with this ...

The judge just instructed the ME to allow the lawyer to see his notes.
I dont think the ME wanted to do that ....

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yeah haha, and he had made potentionel answers to potentionel questions ahead haha, this is good

"i rather that you not see my notes, they are mine"

edit on 5-7-2013 by Minus because: corrected spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ME hundreds of hours making notes and looking at photo's getting ready to testify.

not even reading from his report.

strike this testimony.

edit on 5-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think the language barrier is an issue. And I'm SURE his personal notes contain fodder for the defense... They're going to have a field day with those notes. Bao is clearly nervous and is also determined to be an important witness for the prosecution.

I wanna see the notes, too!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"is something funny there" ... asks the ME on the stand to Zimmermans lawyers as they are going over the ME's personal notes quietly at their table. This is not allowed. I don't think this witness understand courtroom procedure or there is a language barrier (or he's just hostile) ... or something ....

ETA ... The defense asks for copies of his notes he brought to court.
.... the ME on the stand says 'NO you can not, they are mine".
(he is out of order but the judge doesn't say anything).
.... Jury leaving the room. They court will discuss the notes outside the jury.

I think BH is correct. This guy wants to be a prosecution witness ... and the notes are going to
do something that goes against what the prosecution wants. The ME is nervous now ...

edit on 7/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Oh Man! This guy is a train wreck! He's stubborn, and doesn't have a basic understanding of courtroom procedure.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He's clearly not familiar with courtroom procedure. Didn't he say he had testified in other trials, though? I don't remember... I guess I should have been taking notes.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minus
reply to post by MrWendal

That dosnt happen automatic - ive have punched someone 5 times without any of that, it really depends on where you hit, and how accurate you hit, how hard you hpunch ect - you can punch without leaving marks on the hands - however his head was a mess - dont see a very violent fist fight in this case, looks more like a struggle/wrestle and few punches and maybe the slamimng.

I agree its most likely to leave marks, but its not bulletproof in any circumstances
edit on 5-7-2013 by Minus because: changes

I am basing my opinion on experience and seeing the photos of Zimmerman.

For instance, the swelling on the sides of his head and the temple area. The bruising above the eyebrow around the forehead in Zimmerman's reenactment. This is hard spots on the head. I would expect bruising on the knuckles.

On a side note.... how weird is this testimony with the notes? I can't recall seeing anything like this before. You'd expect the ME would have been in court enough times that he should know what the procedures are. I am not sure I would call him a hostile witness, he acted the same way with the Prosecutor as he is with the defense, but he sure does seem rather confused.

I do not find it alarming that he does not remember performing the autopsy. How many cases does he do a year? This is over a year old. I would bet that most ME's do not remember performing specific autopsies, usually they just testify from what ever is in the report.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
LUNCH BREAK.

Judge says that the lawyers from both teams can have copies of the notes.

This could be HUGE!

If the ME didn't bring them to court, they wouldn't have been admitted.

Look for the defense to shred this ME after lunch ....

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is a very interesting turning point.

Yes i agree ME is very protective over his notes, finally some action

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
People in America call the cops for EVERYTHING!!! They complain when loud music is blaring at 11:00 p.m. Are you still telling me, in an apartment complex like that....NO ONE CALLED THE COPS????
We're they whispering? When the gun went off, NO ONE RECOGNIZED THE SOUND OF A GUN BEING SHOT? While George was screaming" "help, help, help"; NO ONE HELPED? Did the tenants in that complex peep through the curtains, or what? People were fighting, yet...according to George's story, and the calm way he re-enacted it, doesn't speak "hysteria"...as it should.

Here's something i just thought of. George said: he holstered the weapon, when the cop arrived, right? So, when he was on top of Martin's back, spreading his arms apart, was he doing that with the gun still in his hand?
When and where did he put his firearm down? Was he waving it around, when he was asking the guy who said he was going to call the cops, and Zimmerman said: "No! help me". When he's telling this story, in his re-enactment video, why does he pause and break, so much; as if he's thinking of what to say? Something of that magnitude would be HARD to forget. Was it all the slamming his head did, on the cement, that made him forget certain details, and not others. LMFAO I mean, he sure did remember Trayvon putting his hand on his waistband. Let's not forget that fact! BTW: were their clothes wet??? Afterall, it was raining, according to Zim's story. You figure the grass would have been wet, wouldn't their clothes have been wet, also? lol

I'm glad i'm not watching this trial. I'm glad i NEVER heard or saw 1 second of what the MSM said, about this incident, because my brain hasn't been brainwashed to believe certain things, one way or the other. IF any of you have watched this event, from the beginning, your minds have already been tampered with; whether you're yea or nay, to this trial. Opinions were formed a looooooong time ago, from both sides of the coin. The ONLY THING i really know about this case, is what i've seen in the re-enactment video. That video alone, should be enough to convict, with all the inconsistencies to his story!!!

When i start putting the pieces together, by researching various sources, not just 1 source, it all begins to make sense, as to what's really going on.

This is a murder case that the State of Florida has decided to use to fill their "stand your ground" agenda. It also could be used to bring that war y'all keep wanting to happen. It may not be a revolutionary war, but it may certainly be a civil one. Careful what you wish for.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
This ME is terrible as a professional witness. He is making it into his show.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This is the 'Live" coverage.

Are these the jurors discussing the case?

Raw footage of live coverage

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
I'm glad i'm not watching this trial. I'm glad i NEVER heard or saw 1 second

Thank you for starting this thread, its been very interesting

edit on 5-7-2013 by Minus because: corrected spelling

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Maybe during the recess somebody will give him a crash course in courtroom procedure.
....People cant remember things from two years ago? Wow. Obvious language issue, you know he didn't mean that.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The link that I just posted of the 'raw footage' (appears to be the jurors accidentally taped having a discussion about this during the recess) keeps going out and coming in,,,,when it comes in, it is coverage of the jurors examining the photos and having a full discussion about the witnesses so far.

Stay tuned in to it...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So who was more entertaining

Rachel or Dr. Bao?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

here you say,

I'm glad i'm not watching this trial. I'm glad i NEVER heard or saw 1 second of what the MSM said, about this incident, because my brain hasn't been brainwashed to believe certain things, one way or the other. IF any of you have watched this event, from the beginning, your minds have already been tampered with; whether you're yea or nay, to this trial. Opinions were formed a looooooong time ago, from both sides of the coin. The ONLY THING i really know about this case, is what i've seen in the re-enactment video. That video alone, should be enough to convict, with all the inconsistencies to his story!!!

the key words.

" The ONLY THING i really know about this case, is what i've seen in the re-enactment video."

and here you say,

, "by researching various sources, not just 1 source"

so what is the truth, did you look at other stuff or did you not. if you say GM can lie , is it not ture you can lie and we should disregard everything you say.

and what sources did you use pro tryvon camps biased propaganda.

edit on 5-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Maybe during the recess somebody will give him a crash course in courtroom procedure.

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed. I could be wrong, but I don't think he's permitted to discuss it, either.

....People cant remember things from two years ago? Wow. Obvious language issue, you know he didn't mean that.

Ok. Let's see. He is an ME, so he does autopsies as a regular part of his work every day. You eat every day, right? Please give me an account of everything you ate and did on July 5, 2011. Can't remember? OK, tell me ANYTHING that happened in your life on July 5, 2011.

edit on 7/5/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join