It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

I was mistaken. Not only can you remote view, you can predict the future and also how people will react in every given situation. Must be awesome to be you.

Actually, your predictions are a lilttle off, as you read my mind. I'm unclear as to who struck first. I'm just not sure that it matters. If someones breaks your nose, you don't have the right to shoot them dead. Maybe Zimmerman was terrified and afraid he was going to die, but if he was it is because he unnecessarily put himself in that position. I only believe bits and pieces of Rachel's testimony.

As I said in my first post, I think a reasonable person could have been in the same situation, and acted in a way that would have had a peaceful resolution. I think Zimmerman overreacted, and a teenager is dead because of it.

Bytheway, does it bother anyone the way the news is behaving towards this case? Because it rather sickens me. If we keep going the way we are, attorneys will need to take courses in DRAMA and TELEVISION RATINGS, along with the courses in law. I saw an ad on HLN, that had dramatic music in the background, as well as the screams from the 911 call, as they billed the trial for viewing. Ugh. I hate those people and their comments on HLN. I'll be glad when this is over if for no other reason, I don't have to listen to these awful people anymore.

edit on 7/5/2013 by BellaSabre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just tuned in.

Waiting for a replay of today's coverage.

Here is the live coverage Zimmerman Trial Coverage LIVE

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think the moms on the jury are going to dislike West "pestering" this nice young man...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Defense doing a good job showing how Trayvon's character was very different from his brother's, who is very clean-cut , well-mannered and educated.

looks like he is now gathering information about why Trayvon was put out of his mother's home.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by ButterCookie

Start here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks!!

I was meaning the footage. If you can direct me to any footage from this morning, please send me a link (or tv channel).

Thanks tho!

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If a juror bases the verdict on opinion, what should or could have happened, who they like or which attorney they don't like then they didn't perform their duty properly. And yes that happens.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Mom re-taking the stand now.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sybrina has been recalled...

honestly, I think this is just a huge waste of time. There is no way she can actually know it was Trayvon's voice. Its essentially just her opinion, and if this crap is allowed then why was Serino's opinion that Zimmerman was being honest retracted by the judge?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
the FBI analyst couldn't ID the voices...

the brother wasn't sure, the mother wasn't sure (Now both are? figures)

Zimmerman wasn't even sure it was his own voice.

Shouldn't the defense state/say that the audio is unreliable? if no one can make sure who is saying what on the audio clip then it should be thrown out. the fact that these 2 are allowed to say its him when a pro FBI agent couldn't tell is ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Sybrina has been recalled...

honestly, I think this is just a huge waste of time. There is no way she can actually know it was Trayvon's voice. Its essentially just her opinion, and if this crap is allowed then why was Serino's opinion that Zimmerman was being honest retracted by the judge?

I agree. Lots of bias by the judge.

And if the prosecution has called the mother and brother of Traycon to establish his character, then why not allow EVERYTHING that establishes his character, such as pictures, tweets, Facebook posts, run-ins with the law, trouble at school, etc.

Let me explain how this is very relevant, especially with a deceased victim:

Say a woman was murdered after allegedly being raped, and the prosecution is trying to 1st prove rape.

They use witnesses that that will say that the victim was shy and not sexually active with anyone.

The defense may have pictures of the victim in provocative pictures and skimpy clothing. They may evidence of the victim belonging to a 'swingers' club. They may have evidence that the victim carried several STD's in their past.

Note: I am not stating that these instances justify rape at all. Just making the point that it should be used to paint a picture of character decisions.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

I think the mother was always consistent in saying it was Trayvon's voice... but I'm not sure.

The brother's testimony shouldn't be reliable. He at first stated he wasn't sure, and now he is.

The father at first stated that it was not Trayvon's voice, and now he's positive it is. That shouldn't be reliable either.

But yeah, the fact that her opinion is to be considered by the jury is just.... ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Judge calls for a recess until further notice.
Defense says that Martins brother impeached himself.
Judge huff'ed off and said that there is a recess while it's all being reviewed.
(in other words .. until she can figure out how to swing it all for the prosecution ... IMHO)

How can you even say she is being bias on this issue? They played the tape, they read back his testimony, it was the same. The defense was clearly WAY off base trying to impeach his testimony.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ME who examined body on stand now. This is what I have been waiting to see personally.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Medical Examiner on the stand

Verified Trayvon's height and weight as 71 inches long (5ft 11 inches) and 158 lbs.

I can't remember if this is the height and weight given at the beginning of the case, and that was reported by the media.
edit on 5-7-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
She ID'd him without emotion. Just the facts.

I saw plenty of emotion.

I was actually complimenting her. I guess that didn't come across. She held herself together.
She didn't break down. She didn't get mad at the defense. She stated the facts.
I wouldn't have been able to do that if I was facing someone whom I believed had murdered
my child.

That being said .. she said she didn't understand a question that was being asked.
It wasn't that difficult a question. So I think she evaded that because it would have
opened up a bunch of questions about her 'certainty' about Martins voice on the tape.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
ME said he didn't die instanly, was in pain.

so it is entirely possible that TM did speak and did move, just like GZ said.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989
Okay explain it to me, what are the legal problems with O'mara saying, 'sorry for your loss'?

He was being polite .. acknowledging her loss ... but that he was going to have to ask her
questions anyways. It's not out of order. The judge has continually been biased toward the
prosecution and every time the defense scores points, her face gets even more sour.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I think the moms on the jury are going to dislike West "pestering" this nice young man...

I thought the defense impeaching his testimony was fine. What the defense messed up with .. IMHO ... was when the birth mother testified. She was on the stand testifying for perhaps 90 seconds for the prosecution. The defense shouldn't have even asked her a single question. They screwed up in even attempting to ...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
the FBI analyst couldn't ID the voices...

The voice analyst said that those closest to the victim would best know the victims voice ... but also that a person under distress will have their voices change so they are hard for people to identify those voices because of the change. That .. on top of the fact that Martins mother didn't actually raise him, the step mother did; as well as the fact that Martins mother would have wanted that voice to be Martins, kind of puts her testimony on the edge .. maybe it's accurate or maybe not.

IMHO

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join