It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened before the big bang?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity
reply to post by UnknownKnower

I hate to rain on your parade but the big bang did not happen.

The universe's expansion is speeding up every day, since when does an explosion speed up the more time that passes? it dont, research inverse square law .It is logical to say energy is being ADDED every day to speed up expansion period.What form of energy and from where should be the discussion.
edit on 11-6-2013 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by supergravity because: (no reason given)
we are still in beginning of the bang,obviously its accelerating.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I think that the idea of nothing being after death is the most logical one. Heaven and hell are just moral stories in my opinion but this discussion does not need to go in that direction because it will stray off in a completely different path.

I do respect all beliefs but they are just not my own therefor I don't believe them. I like to think there is something after like reincarnation or something but this is a whole other thread I plan on starting so i would love to hear from you on that one.
im not saying there is a heaven and hell im saying "nothing" is impossible, it does not exist. Your going somewhere

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownKnower
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Yes maybe but if the creation one is true, then what made the creator?

when you are beyond the physical realm, then you are beyond time and spce, alpha and omega

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Please explain when have you seen an explosion pick up speed as time goes by, it violates the inverse square law, energy dissipates the further from the epicenter you travel, not speed up the further you travel.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
I've heard some people say that there was no "before" before the big bang since time also didn't exist before that poin and time came into being at the moment of the big bang. That's something I have trouble wrapping my head around, also.
edit on 11-6-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

It's also hard for us to wrap our heads around "nothingness".

The going theory of the Big bang does NOT say that all the matter in the universe burst into empty space...

...what it DOES say is that the universe (both the matter in the universe AND the fabric of the universe itself) burst into empty "nothingness". That "nothingness" is NOT the same as "empty space". There was no empty space before the Big Bang -- just nothingness.

Empty space is a place something can exist. It's a place you can go, because it is part of the fabric of the universe -- even if it is empty (devoid of matter). Nothingness, is simply nothingness; it's not a place you can go, because it doesn't exist.

edit on 6/11/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by supergravity

Please explain when have you seen an explosion pick up speed as time goes by, it violates the inverse square law, energy dissipates the further from the epicenter you travel, not speed up the further you travel.
when a grenade explodes the shrapnal is at rest then accelerates,obviously

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Here is one question that gets some people agitated, does god have a naval?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Given the fact that humans are linear beings (we are born, we grow up, we die) it's therefore very hard for us to imagine what could have been before the Big Bang - if there was anything even at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
Here is one question that gets some people agitated, does god have a naval?

Sorry, are you asking if he has a boat?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

How did something come from nothing? In my head its just hard to believe that something has always existed which is my problems with believing in god. How can the universe have just always been here?

I think science is trying too hard to explain it. For me the answer is simple. It's all about defaults.

If I say to you that a door is not closed, then by default the door is open. It may open wide or just a crack, but that door is NOT closed. Agree?

If I say to you that a cup is not empty, then by default there is something in that cup. Could be dried coffee on the bottom or it could be full of tea, but that cup is NOT empty. Agree?

Okay, so if I say to you that there is something, then by default there is not nothing. And seeing as there is something, then there could never have been a state of nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

You hit the nail on the head...so to speak. Exactly my point!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The answer to the question can be easily deduced once you understand that time is not linear, but continuously folds back in on itself in small and large scales, like fluid in a milkshake machine. The "Big Bang" is where the blender is. The point in the middle.

edit on 11-6-2013 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Energy (radiation), the energy was always there, remember time is a man made concept, we probably can't grasp infinity just yet....anyway the energy turned into matter, the matter exploded....the universe was formed............that's the theory anyway.

We may never know, but I reckon science has probably hit the nail on the head.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
What happened before the big bang? Someone had to light the FUSE. The real question then becomes...whom lit theirs?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It's a false question since time and space are connected. Think of the big bang as a limit, like 0. If we're on the positive side of the big bang then the negative side would just be a reflection, except maybe right and left would be swapped.

0 is simultaneously something and nothing. As a line, it's length is 0, "nothing". But as a coordinate it exists. Since a 0-point is immeasurable it's also timeless (time requires measurement) and therefore is pre-existent.

Time exists between 0 and infinity. Due to our direction in time, we perceive one as a beginning and the other as an end. But time itself is a timeless construct and our trajectory through it influences the way we perceive things. A beginning to one is an end to another.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My theory, it's not concrete per se, but my step mother graphed it in a college class, I dont remember which one, but it was math of course.

Its basically like the trampoline thought expirement where they compare a bowling ball to a tennis ball, and say that the tennis ball is the sun and objects falls in to the bowling ball because its so heavy that even light gets sucked in. Basic black hole.

But lets say, since matter cant be created or destroyed, it falls through one trampoline and is compressed, the molecules and everything are smashed and pushed out like sub-atomic paste from the bottom of the other side, since space is 3D and has no gravity. 300 million years later, matter will start to form.

We are carbon based here, and other places could be argon based, you know? The molecules in the area would be able to sustain an argon based system. But I digress to the original point.

In the first yocotosecond, 10^-32 of a millsecond, molecules are starting to mash together and form bonds, so everytime could actually be different, but what happens next is clearly dependent on how the subatomics find their partner.
I.e. A + (B + C + D) =\= B + (C + A) + D
Same components, but arranged in an order that will work differently.
What my step mother had graphed though, was a new universe being born exactly the same.

Again, kind of a theory. I plan on working on sound, which has a very intricate way of incorporating itself into my theory because there will need to be a way to stop particles and clump them together.

A while back, I ran into a movie, message me for the link if you are that curious, but it shows the effects of sound on water. The higher the vibration sweep gets, as the water is veiwed from the top down on high zoom, the more intricate the geomotry of the watter droplets become, by bouncing up and down on the plate.
Its incredible!
Then they show the effects of sound on other substance's, such as dirt, and iron. The dirt clumped into little balls and moved around other clumps until it found a suitable match to collide or attract. Its like the sound helped it decide.
The iron shot up into mountains.

Of course they were using different frequencies, but as these black holes fall into itself and pushed the putty to expand, the multiple black holes falling in and out create a disturbance, or a frequency, that overlaps in some places with higher intensity than other places.

Chance. Magnificent, evolving chance. But isn't this the point of being alive? No matter how youre born, you have to work with what you have.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Why, the giB gnaB of course. Once that was over, and the Everything had squeezed down to a geometric point, the only place you can go from there is a Big Bang.

It's like one of those rubber balls on a ping pong paddle. The ball flies away, the ball comes back. Over and over. Until you miss.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
before the big bang?
all of the galaxy gets pulled in to a giant black hole.
soon, millions of years a another galaxy will merger with are's.
that is a LOT of mass.

in billions of years it will make a BIG black hole.
and it will not be able to hold all the mass.
so it will blow up! no words can say how big this will be.

then new elements will be made.
maybe some we dont have now.

in 10's of billions of years new galaxy will be made.
and it will ALL start again.

and maybe the life that comes next
will make faster than light drive.
and they will fly off to new galaxy.
then you will get the truly OLD races.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I can see time being an infinite loop and constantly repeating itself, but who or what was the programmer and executed the program to start the loop?

How did the loop begin?

Mind boggling. I can't even fathom things of such magnitude.
edit on 11-6-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Well, if there was absolutely nothing before the Big Bang, then unless something can be created from absolutely nothing, the Big Bang never happened and everything is just a figment of your imagination, which doesn't exist either. Gee that was easy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join