It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can’t Believe We Made It.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Just a video i found.

I feel a little sorry for kids growing up now but hey thats cos Iam one of the old buggers

edit on 10-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2013 by Gazrok because: hmm..did link right, but not working....

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Just takes time to load....I thought it didn't work but give it a mo and it loads right up

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I made it!

Great video.

I am a product of 1975.

I love the part about parents siding with the law or with the school. I remember that there was hell to pay when I acted up in school. And I thank my parents for that - although I didn't think so at the time.

We have been moving in the wrong direction for far too long.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Born in the sixties, I reckognize so much in it. I loved it. S&F for you. Thanx

edit on 10-6-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
We ate tunafish sandwitches from a paper bag and they were not refrigerated. We ate berries and fruit from trees without washing them (the fruits, not the trees). We pulled vegetables from gardens and ate them. We were exposed to all manner of biological pathogens and somehow survived.

I personally believe that exposure to all that filth is what made our immune systems so strong. To this day, I am still immune to many things that would make a dog puke.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

You just reminded me of the blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, crab apples, etc that we ate right off the plant, bush or tree. Never did we get sick.

And then in the garden.... peas, green beans, cucumber, carrots... washed off with a garden hose or wiped off on our pants.

Good times.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
We ate tunafish sandwitches from a paper bag and they were not refrigerated. We ate berries and fruit from trees without washing them (the fruits, not the trees). We pulled vegetables from gardens and ate them. We were exposed to all manner of biological pathogens and somehow survived.

I personally believe that exposure to all that filth is what made our immune systems so strong. To this day, I am still immune to many things that would make a dog puke.

Please don't invite me over for dinner!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I watched that video earlier and definitely thought to myself...

"I am proud to have been raised in that era."

Seriously, I honestly feel sorry for parents today who think that everything has to be "childproof" or "safe" because if you look back at the way our parents raised us, it was those words right there.

THEY RAISED US

Not some television show...
Not some government mandate...
Not some "overwatch" commitee...
Not some dvd, program, or movie...

Our parents actually paid attention to us and made sure we didn't get into those very things that they lock up today. Our parents watched us when we were in the house and they taught us right from wrong. If we screwed up and accidentally put our finger in the light socket, SO BE IT. We learned the hard way.

There were no locks on the cabinets, no safeties on the outlets, no tamper-proof containers.
We actually listened to our parents because we revered their wisdom. If not, we got hurt.
Then we healed and learned not to do it again.

For some God-forsaken reason parents today believe everything has to be "sanitary".

Good grief get those children outside and let them PLAY! Let them LEARN!
Excellent video and one worth spreading around.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister

Huh? But it looks like such a good family affair !! Oo

"Grumpy Dad, can you please pass the potatoes?"

"Grrrrrrrrr"

oO

As for surviving... It's not hard. Honestly. If I can manage to do what I've done to my body in the 4 decades + that I've had the opportunity to do it, and still not have a tumour the size of a watermelon growing out of me, then I'm pretty sure it's all paranoia.

It's the braaain damage you need to worry about. Ohh yes..

edit on 10-6-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Magister

Huh? But it looks like such a good family affair !! Oo

"Grumpy Dad, can you please pass the potatoes?"

"Grrrrrrrrr"

oO

As for surviving... It's not hard. Honestly. If I can manage to do what I've done to my body in the 4 decades + that I've had the opportunity to do it, and still not have a tumour the size of a watermelon growing out of me, then I'm pretty sure it's all paranoia.

It's the braaain damage you need to worry about. Ohh yes..

edit on 10-6-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

Braaain damage I have plenty of!

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Excellent! S&F

I grew up in the 50's and 60's. Back then, CYBER was not a sexual preference. We actually had to reach out and touch someone.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What happened to my family picture? It's not coming up for me anymore.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Still there Master. Did you break your internets?
edit on 11-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Magister

Still there Master. Did you break your internets?
edit on 11-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Must be! I am only getting a thin colored line. Or maybe I accidently hit it with my compression ray?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

now we're all trendy apple zombies.... except for this one SOB right here
edit on 11-6-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699

now we're all trendy apple zombies.... except for this one SOB right here
edit on 11-6-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

Can you explain what you mean?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

AMEN to that brother
You said it well!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

TextI grew up in the 50's and 60's. Back then, CYBER was not a sexual preference.

Oh thank you for that remark
had me+the hubby in stitches-and so true!

top topics

join